Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: November 15, 2020 09:30

Patriots-Ravens are on tap in this week's Sunday Night game; might we see a repeat of the 37-20 Week 9 shellacking that took place in Baltimore last season, which put an end to NE's 8-0 start? While the Ravens' offense...and Lamar Jackson...have not been as explosive as they were in 2019, this is still a match-up problem for Bill Belichick & staff.

While some people feel the Ravens may be vulnerable, it would take a much better effort than what the Patriots showed against the Jets on Monday night in order to pull off the upset. The game might be close for two or three quarters but I'll be shocked if the Ravens allow this one to slip away.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 15, 2020 11:42

Seahawks probably in trouble this week but one never knows. Starters out: both cornerbacks, center, top 2 running backs amongst others. On the other hand, Jamal Adams & Carlos Dunlap now have a game under their belts & Snacks Harrison is finally going to play. Most likely will come down to the 4th quarter again. Aaron Donald is a bad man & scares me, haha. Nonetheless, GO HAWKS!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 15, 2020 14:21

Carolina Panthers keep improving as they are well coached. I think we can beat the Bucs but I don't want a shoot out.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2020 19:23

crholmstrom
Seahawks probably in trouble this week but one never knows. Starters out: both cornerbacks, center, top 2 running backs amongst others. On the other hand, Jamal Adams & Carlos Dunlap now have a game under their belts & Snacks Harrison is finally going to play. Most likely will come down to the 4th quarter again. Aaron Donald is a bad man & scares me, haha. Nonetheless, GO HAWKS!

Heard something yesterday about how the Seattle D has disappeared and no surprise if they lose a few more games. Wilson can only do so much. He'll have Brees-like numbers if the defense continues to be non-existent.

Date: November 16, 2020 02:37

Well that sucked! Sadly I was right about the Hawk outcome. I'm gonna go jump out a window....
Don't worry, I live in a daylight basement.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 16, 2020 02:47

crholmstrom
Well that sucked! Sadly I was right about the Hawk outcome. I'm gonna go jump out a window....
Don't worry, I live in a daylight basement.

Misery has company. We got to use our th string running back today.

Date: November 16, 2020 04:08

Saw the highlights of the Buffalo/Arizona game. Holy crap!

Date: November 16, 2020 04:18

I see that there was an NFC East game that, ha ha, why bother! That's the dumbest division and has been for quite some time. Only Philly could possibly finish in "first" with a 3-13-1 record because of that stupid tie.

Meanwhile it's possible that, with 7 teams making the playoffs in each conference for the 2021 playoffs, Philly could make the playoffs at 3-13-1 with no one else having a winning record but still a more winning losing record not making the playoffs ie finishing higher in conference!

Date: November 16, 2020 13:51

GasLightStreet
Saw the highlights of the Buffalo/Arizona game. Holy crap!

Arizona is the funnest team to watch.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 16, 2020 14:15

It seems that both Saints and Niners were trying hard to lose the game. Niners succeed. Can't remember when there were so many stupid mistakes in one game. Sorry for Drew Brees, though.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 16, 2020 17:00

FancyBluesMan
Patriots-Ravens are on tap in this week's Sunday Night game; might we see a repeat of the 37-20 Week 9 shellacking that took place in Baltimore last season, which put an end to NE's 8-0 start? While the Ravens' offense...and Lamar Jackson...have not been as explosive as they were in 2019, this is still a match-up problem for Bill Belichick & staff.

While some people feel the Ravens may be vulnerable, it would take a much better effort than what the Patriots showed against the Jets on Monday night in order to pull off the upset. The game might be close for two or three quarters but I'll be shocked if the Ravens allow this one to slip away.

There ya go....

Date: November 16, 2020 17:35

ironbelly
It seems that both Saints and Niners were trying hard to lose the game. Niners succeed. Can't remember when there were so many stupid mistakes in one game. Sorry for Drew Brees, though.

The Saints have had an amazing ability to try to lose games. It's consistent. But they did manage to hold it together. Injuries were a problem with 8 players going out. So considering that... and the defense really played well finally.

Date: November 17, 2020 08:20

Well, what can I say? The Patriots stepped up against a Ravens' team that wasn't at their best and came away with a much-needed victory...even if it counted as a strike against me in my Survival League. Adopting a conservative offensive scheme that showcased their strong running game...coupled with a defensive effort that kept Lamar Jackson under wraps...the Patriots were in control once the first half ended.

So while their slim playoff hopes remain alive, NE is in no position to take any games off; they simply cannot afford to lose any 'winnable' games from here on out and have to hope a few teams ahead of them stumble along the way.

Looking around the league...

---Is there a more anemic offense in the NFL than the Bears'?

---Did Tampa Bay get the 'break' they needed with Drew Brees' rib injury/collapsed lung?

---Are the Dolphins, rather than the Bills, THE team to reckon with in the AFC East?

---Do the Steelers have a legitimate shot at going 16-0 this year?

---With the Cowboys getting a 'bye' this past weekend, did Jerry Jones cut back on the brown liquor and give his liver the week off too?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 17, 2020 08:50

What a pathetic offense the Bears have!! I think they were even worse tonight with a new offensive coordinator. Nick Foles is not the answer for the Bears QB position but neither is Trubiskey. Not sure where they go from here. An awesome game by the defense ruined by a pathetic offense.
Kirk Cousins is now 1-9 on Monday nights.

Date: November 17, 2020 21:37

Antonio Brown won't make it to December

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Date: November 17, 2020 22:07

daspyknows
Antonio Brown won't make it to December

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Nor should he. I still find it impossible to root at all for KC because Tyreek Hill is on the team. They are both scum in my book.

Date: November 19, 2020 01:58

Stompa Bay doesn't get a break because Brees is out. Winston will do just fine.

Conference wise, these NFC teams would make the 2021 playoffs right now:

Green Bay
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Seattle
LA
Chicago

In "reality" it would be this way:

Green Bay
New Orleans
Arizona
Philadelphia
Tampa
LA
Seattle

Because of the NFL's ridiculous "division winner" qualifier, a team with a better record than the NFC East "winner" will be left out.

That looks to not be an issue in the AFC.

Date: November 19, 2020 05:41

GasLightStreet
Stompa Bay doesn't get a break because Brees is out. Winston will do just fine.

Conference wise, these NFC teams would make the 2021 playoffs right now:

Green Bay
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Seattle
LA
Chicago

In "reality" it would be this way:

Green Bay
New Orleans
Arizona
Philadelphia
Tampa
LA
Seattle

Because of the NFL's ridiculous "division winner" qualifier, a team with a better record than the NFC East "winner" will be left out.

That looks to not be an issue in the AFC.

The NFC West is a blood bath. Even SF is still dangerous despite their huge
injury issues. Sure looks like it all is heading toward week 17 to be decided.

Date: November 19, 2020 14:22

TV Coverage this week-

[506sports.com]

Date: November 19, 2020 16:30

Of course some people are saying Brees should hang it up - they were before he got injured.

The beauty of it all is no one's opinion means anything, AS USUAL, in regard to reality, especially this year with so many wrong opinions.

What Brees does is what he decides.

Date: November 20, 2020 03:07

Listening to some ACDC to get pumped up for game. Great record. GO HAWKS!

Date: November 20, 2020 18:28

Seahawks are back! Nice game all around last night. Now they are off until a week from Monday. Next four games are PHI, NYG, NYJ & WAS. Hawks could easily be 11-4 a month from now. Reminds me of a scene from "Die Hard". "Ho ho ho, now I've got a machine gun". GO HAWKS!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2020 19:08

crholmstrom
Seahawks are back! Nice game all around last night. Now they are off until a week from Monday. Next four games are PHI, NYG, NYJ & WAS. Hawks could easily be 11-4 a month from now. Reminds me of a scene from "Die Hard". "Ho ho ho, now I've got a machine gun". GO HAWKS!

Looking up again for the Hawks!

Going to take a while to get used to Lumen Field instead of Century Link aka The Clink though.
Do we call it The "Lu" now?? winking smiley

Date: November 20, 2020 19:12

MisterDDDD
crholmstrom

Going to take a while to get used to Lumen Field instead of Century Link aka The Clink though.

There's a fan revolt brewing to keep calling it the Clink.

Date: November 20, 2020 19:51

crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
crholmstrom

There's a fan revolt brewing to keep calling it the Clink.

We have that with the SF Giants ballpark. We still prefer to refer to it as Pac Bell Park.

Date: November 22, 2020 09:54

Another Sunday, another must-win for the Patriots as they're on the road to face the Houston Texans. Sitting at 2-7, this season has been a bust for Deshawn Watson and Co. but they've been competitive in just about every game so taking this matchup lightly could result in dour consequences. Patriots will likely try to take advantage of the Texans' poor run defense so I look for Harris and Burkhead to carry the bulk of the load with Cam Newton pitching in as well.

Date: November 22, 2020 13:32

FancyBluesMan
Another Sunday, another must-win for the Patriots as they're on the road to face the Houston Texans. Sitting at 2-7, this season has been a bust for Deshawn Watson and Co. but they've been competitive in just about every game so taking this matchup lightly could result in dour consequences. Patriots will likely try to take advantage of the Texans' poor run defense so I look for Harris and Burkhead to carry the bulk of the load with Cam Newton pitching in as well.

Burkhead and Harris are two of the most underrated RBs in the NFL. Damn they run hard!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-22 13:33 by Chris Fountain.

Date: November 22, 2020 15:07

GO RAIDERS! I love the whole driving the team bus around Arrowhead controversy. It's classic "just win baby" Raiders. Al Davis is smiling somewhere. His boy Mark is doing good!

Date: November 22, 2020 15:20

So is Renfrow!!

Date: November 23, 2020 04:25

Saints are first in the NFC - something I didn't think I'd type at all this season! Third overall.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home