Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 1, 2020 05:23

crholmstrom
DGA35
Nice to see the Bills doing well. I followed them back when Doug Flutie was QB. Alot of CFL fans followed him, probably the best player to ever play here! His career was pretty much over until he joined the BC Lions. The CFL game was perfectly suited to his style of play, larger field, more room to scramble. I think the Lions were just as popular as the Canucks were in Vancouver at the time! Went on to play in Calgary and Toronto winning Grey Cups and MVP awards.
I'll be channel surfing between the Bills/Pats, Steelers/Ravens and Vikings/Pack. Then watching the Bears/Saints. A full day of football!

Warren Moon was pretty good in the CFL, too.

I think we talked about this several pages back! Cam Wake is probably the last BC Lion that achieved success back in the NFL. Sucks when a great player leaves but I always cheer for them in the NFL.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 1, 2020 09:56

black n blue
Bills better beat the pats or else.

Or else what ? Will the earth stop turning? Just kidding. The Bills have shown vulnerability lately and maybe they have not risen to the next level as first thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-01 10:02 by Chris Fountain.

Date: November 2, 2020 02:06

Chris Fountain
SF at Seattle

HAWKS-3

This is a gift!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Hawks!!!

Seattle 31 SF 20

Lookimg Good!!

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: November 2, 2020 20:17

Such a disheartening loss for the Patriots yesterday. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind they were going to steal the win in regulation...they had the Bills on their heels...but then the Newton fumble occurred. While I give some credit to Zimmer for the punch-out, Newton has got to do a better job of protecting the ball in that scenario. At the very worst, they tie the game with a short FG and force overtime.

So now we wait to see if anything of note transpires before tomorrow's trade deadline. Gilmore's knee injury may put to rest any possibility of him being moved and there's only one or two other assets that might fetch a decent return so there may be no action whatsoever from a 'sell' perspective.

As for going out and acquiring some weapons for the offense, Belichick may simply choose to wait until the off-season for the reboot/rebuild, when he'll have a ton of cap space with which to maneuver. At this point, the 2020 season is looking like a lost cause.

In the meantime...

The Seahawks continue to roll, the Jekyll-and-Hyde Packers crash once again, theChargers continue to do Chargers-like things, the Steelers show they mean business, the enigmatic Rams get stifled, the Titans get ambushed, and Jerry Jones' slow, painful death continues.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 2, 2020 22:59

And the Bills will have Seattle at home.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 3, 2020 00:03

DGA35
Nice to see the Bills doing well. I followed them back when Doug Flutie was QB. Alot of CFL fans followed him, probably the best player to ever play here! His career was pretty much over until he joined the BC Lions. The CFL game was perfectly suited to his style of play, larger field, more room to scramble. I think the Lions were just as popular as the Canucks were in Vancouver at the time! Went on to play in Calgary and Toronto winning Grey Cups and MVP awards.
I'll be channel surfing between the Bills/Pats, Steelers/Ravens and Vikings/Pack. Then watching the Bears/Saints. A full day of football!

As a western New Yorker who loves and supports the Bills, it was nice seeing a win against the Pats, but let's be honest, the Bills got lucky at the end with the fumble and turnover. No doubt the Pats were gonna score on that drive if that hadn't happen. The Bills can't keep winning games like that. Their defense needs to step up.

Date: November 3, 2020 00:05

Wait until they play Miami .... Watch Out!!!

Date: November 3, 2020 00:07

Chris Fountain
Wait until they play Miami .... Watch Out!!!

The shaky way the Bills have been playing lately, I'm already scared confused smiley(lol)!

Date: November 3, 2020 00:19

The Bills are a shaky team. They need to get back to their style earlier in the year ... We are going for it all on every down!!! sorta like Clemson...

Date: November 3, 2020 01:37

Sighunt
DGA35

As a western New Yorker who loves and supports the Bills, it was nice seeing a win against the Pats, but let's be honest, the Bills got lucky at the end with the fumble and turnover. No doubt the Pats were gonna score on that drive if that hadn't happen. The Bills can't keep winning games like that. Their defense needs to step up.

True, but hey, a win is a win! Miami looked good against LA. Steelers still undefeated. Bears are starting to look like a 500 team which I thought they would be at the beginning of the year. I like how Troy Aikman was commenting on the offense late in the fourth quarter, how slow they are to call plays, 2-3 yard throws, etc. I really think Matt Nagy needs to give up the play calling. I was hopeful when GB lost earlier in the day so maybe the Bears could take over first place but wasn't to be.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 3, 2020 01:40

Miami will be playing when the snow will be flying here.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 4, 2020 21:36

As a life long western New Yorker and Bills fan. I have to admit that the Seahawks should win against Buffalo. Let's wait and see. Temps will be in the 70's on Sunday.

Date: November 6, 2020 19:08

Televised TV Game locations for this week-

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 7, 2020 06:39

Chris Fountain
Televised TV Game locations for this week-

I liked it when Twitter had games.

Date: November 7, 2020 16:30

[506sports.com]

I don't see the link- must've forgot

Date: November 8, 2020 20:25

Looking Good! Go Bills!

Date: November 9, 2020 02:46

Statement game for the Bills beating Seattle, exciting team to watch. Miami beating Arizona was a surprise! Dallas played really well with a QB starting his first NFL game. Wasn't impressed with Roethlisberger not going out to shake hands at the end of the game, at least it looked like he was just walking off the field.
Bears starting to look like the .500 team I thought they would be at the beginning of the season.

Date: November 9, 2020 03:06

You have to give Buffalo a lot of credit. That game wasn't as close as the score was. Even giving up 34 points the Bills D was relentless.
What was even better is Sean McDermott outcoached Pete Carroll by far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-09 06:34 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: November 9, 2020 03:19

It is so interesting watching the Bills from week to week. Inconsistency seems to be their thing. But today, once again, they looked like a top shelf team.

Date: November 9, 2020 14:38

The Bills need to play more consistently as recommended by previous posts.

Carolina is much better than the 3-6 record suggests. I saw the entire Panthers- Chiefs Game, which was euphoric. And so was the Dolphins -Cards game.

I think Carolina should not have tried the trick on-sides kick when they had just scored and trimmed the lead to 28-26. Why?? There were 7.5 minutes to go in the game. This risky decision eventually cost us the game as the clock became our worst enemy and destiny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-09 14:55 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 9, 2020 19:18

Its was great to see Tom Brady so ineffective last night.

Also seeing Buffalo win over Seattle made for a great day. I have to agree with the above statement that the coaching staff off Buffalo came prepared. The suspect D line of Buffalo manhandled Seattle by far.
Josh Allen picked Seattle's secondary apart.

New England and Jets tonight......maybe the Jets will win a game.

Date: November 10, 2020 00:21

Patriots should put an end to their four-game skid with a win tonight vs. the clueless Jets but at this point, stranger things have happened. NE will be without defensive starters Gilmore, Bentley, and Guy while being forced to elevate some practice squad personnel to fill in at TE due to injuries at that position. Can things get any worse?

I thought the offense started to show some life during the second half of last week's game against the Bills and would like to see that trend continue, most likely a run-heavy attack with Newton throwing about 20-24 passes without turning the ball over.

For as poorly as NE has played over the past month, nothing would be more discouraging than to see them get ambushed by the Jets. It's highly unlikely, but in some respects, would fit right into the narrative of the 2020 season.

Date: November 10, 2020 00:42

Cooltoplady
Its was great to see Tom Brady so ineffective last night.

We have a saying here in Louisiana - "Yep, it's Tampa."

There's been some talk recently that it's starting to look like the Saints are finally getting it together in the way it was thought before the season started as to just how good they should be.

Given the whole "any given Sunday" bullshit, only the next 8 games will reveal that. I'm certainly not expecting anything like some people do of Seattle LOL.

Date: November 10, 2020 07:42

HA HA HA HA HA HA the Jets are 0-9! Jacksonville is only one win better!

Date: November 11, 2020 04:17

Inquiring minds want to know: did the Patriots actually last night's game or did the Jets go into 'tank mode' when they found themselves in the lead with six minutes left to play? Bonehead penalties, questionable play-calling, and a poor defensive scheme had the conspiracy theorists working overtime today.

Even with the win, NE didn't do anything to convince people they're capable of making a legitimate push for a playoff spot. While their remaining schedule does provide some opportunities, their struggle against the Jets may have reinforced just how limited they are in terms of talent and realistic expectations.

As a fan, I was glad to see Cam Newton come through with a solid effort, culminating in the two 4th-quarter scoring drives. Still, I can't help but wonder if the Patriots would have been better served with a loss, moving them further up the draft board and only one game behind the Jets, who have a solid shot at going 0-16.

Looking around the league...

---Russell Wilson's MVP season will be all for naught if Seattle doesn't address their defensive woes.

---Have the Vikings begun to wake up and get with the program?

---Tua and Kyler Murray showed us that there's plenty to look forward to in Miami and Arizona if you like exciting football.

---The Panthers aren't that far away from becoming a very respectable team but McCaffrey has got to find a way to stay healthy.

---And what's it going to take for the Chargers to win a game?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 11, 2020 13:11

Seattle's defense is going to get better as players get healthy. If they can get to a middle of the pack level things will be much better. They need to get rid of Ken Norton Jr as DC. Pete's not going to do that in the middle of the season though. I have an off the wall idea that could help: hire Dan Quinn as assistant head coach as a lead in to being DC next year. Quinn wasn't a great head coach but he was a fine DC. Another even more off the wall idea: given that the defensive backs have been decimated by injuries, why not try DK Metcalf as a cornerback once in awhile. He certainly has the speed necessary & at his size, he could be devastating in a limited role in that capacity.

Date: November 11, 2020 22:17

NFL Games -Specific TV Coverage Areas:

[506sports.com]

Date: November 12, 2020 02:18

Heard some chatter before the Bucs-Saints game about Brady being MVP this season... haven't heard it since they got embarrassed.

It's good to see that having a great QB from a great team to a bad team does not mean your team will be great, which has been consistent as far as I know. Joe Montana is a great example.

Date: November 15, 2020 00:21

Finally Bears HC Matt Nagy has turned over the play calling to Offensive Coordinator Bill Lazor. Bears offense ranks 31st in yards per play. We'll see if the Bears offense looks any better when they play the Vikings on Monday night.

Date: November 15, 2020 00:44

This one is har dto figure but instincts favor Vikes despite a home field advantage - only in this case- may not be enough - The Bears have hands full . No offense.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home