Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: October 23, 2020 21:57

I know I can't either... it's like they stumbled on route to a victory (haha)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 24, 2020 02:18

Jets and Giants who used top picks on QB's are tanking for Trevor.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 24, 2020 03:26

DGA35
Can't believe the Giants lost to Eagles last night after being up late in the fourth quarter. Will the Eagles win the NFC East with a losing record? Must suck for a wildcard team in another division having to play a playoff road game at the winner of the NFC East stadium when they have a better record. Although this year I don't think home field advantage means as much when there's little to no fans in the stands.

There will be a team with a better record left out because of the idiotic division "winner".

Date: October 24, 2020 06:52

GasLightStreet
DGA35
Can't believe the Giants lost to Eagles last night after being up late in the fourth quarter. Will the Eagles win the NFC East with a losing record? Must suck for a wildcard team in another division having to play a playoff road game at the winner of the NFC East stadium when they have a better record. Although this year I don't think home field advantage means as much when there's little to no fans in the stands.

There will be a team with a better record left out because of the idiotic division "winner".

Philly will win the division at 6-9-1 or 5-10-1 or Dallas at 6-10. Last place in the NFC west will be at least 7-9.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 24, 2020 11:45

It will never happen but the NFC East makes a strong argument for relegation like in the Premier league. The economics of that system couldn't work for the NFL though. The money is just too huge. On a happy note: very happy that Antonio Brown is going to Tommy Bay rather than the Seahawks. Sure the guy is talented but I think the Hawks have something special going on this year & that includes the atmosphere of the locker room. Brown could've easily destroyed that or at least damaged it severely. The Hawks offense is just fine without him. More than fine actually. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 24, 2020 16:16

As a Yank, I have never understood the fascination with football, American football that is.

I'm not dissing those who love it, don't get me wrong, just never understood it nor even watched more than 10 minutes of it.

Rugby or Australian rules football, now that is fun!

Date: October 24, 2020 21:03

I saw this and laughed. Who would want to go see this except fans from visiting teams.

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Date: October 25, 2020 02:45

Saints' Michael Thomas has become another spoilt player ala Brandon Cooks and Jimmy Graham. His 'I can't be touched' antics have been noticed. As good as he is, if his attitude remains that way, they need to and probably will trade him. Taysom Hill got his money - and has sucked this season except for one play. What a bust.

AB to Tampa. Huh. That might be ugly quick.

Date: October 25, 2020 03:22

The AB deal is slightly above minimum plus incentives. The over/under on him getting pissed off by lack of touches is 3. With the other weapons and Brady as QB he will not get the touches to make him happy.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: October 25, 2020 07:56

49'ers vs. Patriots...Jimmy G's much anticipated return to New England!

After last week's debacle vs. Denver, NE had a normal week of practice and will also be getting some key personnel back on the field for this game. As a result, most pundits expect the Patriots to come away with a 'W' but I'm not quite so confident, even if SF's roster has been wracked by injuries.

Given his first-hand knowledge of Garoppolo's strengths and weaknesses, it will be interesting to see what Belichick throws at him, defense-wise. Obviously, Kittle is the #1 threat through the air but Samuel (the guy NE should have drafted instead of N'Keal Harry) will also demand plenty of attention. And given Denver's success in running the ball last week, I expect SF to take a similar approach.

This game could be a tell-tale one for NE, one that shapes the narative for the rest of the season. Are they who their record says they are, a flawed team lacking the talent necessary to be considered a threat in the AFC...or will they get things on track and then add a body or two at the trade deadline in order to make a strong push for the playoffs?

Date: October 25, 2020 17:54

Everybody ready for what looks to be an epic NFL Sunday? I've got PIT/TEN early then will be switching between TB/LV & NE/SF in the afternoon. Then the main event of SEA/ARI. Glendale has been a house of horrors for the Hawks from the Super Bowl that shall not be spoken about to the destruction of the Legion of Boom over 2 seasons. Today is a fine day to turn that around! After last night's World Series game, I'm going to have to record tonight's game. Priorities! GO HAWKS!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 25, 2020 22:11

Will the Cowboys will another game this year?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 25, 2020 22:58

How many of you expected the falcons would lose again on the last play of the game. New coach same result

Date: October 25, 2020 23:16

DGA35

Maybe they should sign Kaepernick, haha

Date: October 25, 2020 23:17

OpenG
How many of you expected the falcons would lose again on the last play of the game. New coach same result

Wow, just watched the highlights, what a way to lose (again) for the Falcons. So funny the Falcons receiver tried to go down on the Lions 1 yard line to kill the clock late in the game but he went too far and got a TD, giving the Lions a minute to go down the field and get the game winning TD with no time left.

Date: October 25, 2020 23:27

crholmstrom
DGA35

Maybe they should sign Kaepernick, haha

Or see if they can get Cantlanta to trade Matt Ryan....

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 25, 2020 23:31

It was Gurley that tried not to score on goal line so they could run out the clock before getting the touchdown

Posted by: DeadHead4Ever ()
Date: October 26, 2020 01:43

Niners blow out the Bradyless Patriots. Brady and Tanpa kick the Raiders arse. A good day in the NFL.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 26, 2020 01:51

I really enjoyed that Niners game!

Date: October 26, 2020 02:04

Brees continues to find receivers and Kamara keeps running. Good game by the Saints.

Teddy Bridgewater will be a very good if not great QB in another year or so once they get it figured out.

Date: October 26, 2020 02:11

OpenG
It was Gurley that tried not to score on goal line so they could run out the clock before getting the touchdown

The Cantlanta Falcants rise up to lose at the end AGAIN!!!!!!! I love it. ATLeast they tried...

Date: October 26, 2020 02:36

Hawks looking good so far! Both sides of the ball for a change.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 26, 2020 04:16

crholmstrom
Hawks looking good so far! Both sides of the ball for a change.

Great first half!
The D.K. Metcalf rundown of Baker, along with the spectacular touchdown pass to Locket are both already season/career highlights.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 26, 2020 06:12

Seahawks lose! Seahawks lose! Seahawks lose! Also time to get rid off those stupid jerseys. Worst in the NFL

Date: October 26, 2020 06:33

Can't believe Seahawks lost that game, full credit to the Cardinals. Great game to watch, that's for sure. Was wondering what Arizona was doing going for a field goal in OT on second down which they ended up missing. Thought Seattle would march down and get a field goal to win after that.
Looking forward to my Bears playing Rams tomorrow night! Foles is looking more comfortable at QB. Hopefully the Bears D puts lots of pressure on LA!

Date: October 26, 2020 06:52

So funny looking at the highlights of Atlanta scoring the late TD and saying they were down before the goal line while the Lions were arguing saying they got the TD. Only in 2020 can a team score a game losing TD!

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: October 26, 2020 08:28

Well, it's now become clear as day that the jig is up for the Patriots; just when you think they couldn't play any worse than they did against the Broncos, the 49ers come into town and thoroghly embarrass them.

Another game where they failed to match the opposing team's energy level on both sides of the ball. And Cam Newton, who earlier in the season showed glimpses of what he could bring to the table, has suddenly fallen off a cliff with two of the worst performances of his career. Seems to me he's lost his confidence and is being governed by hesitation, indecisiveness, and poor decision-making.

With another loss looming on the horizon in Buffalo next week (despite the Bills' return to reality over their last three games), the Patriots may be relegated to simply going through the motions the rest of the way, something we haven't since the early 90s.

But on a positive note, there were a handful of games played today that more than made up for the snoozefest in Foxboro. Panthers-Saints, Steelers-Titans, Lions-Falcons, and Seahawks-Cardinals all illustrated that there's no shortsge of drama and unpredictability in the NFL on any given week.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 26, 2020 12:16

The Panthers were moving into Saints territory, late in game, and were within FG range to tie the game.

The worst thing that could've happen nullified our chances - Bridgewater was sacked on third down. I don't expect a kicker to make a 65 yard FG although this kick fell just short.

I like our new coach and the very young Panthers are improving.

The Pitt -Tenn game was very entertaining. I missed the Hawks -Cards game but saw the score - will have to read up on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-26 15:24 by Chris Fountain.

Date: October 26, 2020 13:11

Of course I'm not happy about the result but the SEA/ARI game was a great one. I never thought the Hawks were going 16-0 on the season & ARI is certainly a team on the rise. Thought the officiating was good, even on calls that went against SEA. Everyone complains about officiating so only fair to point out when they do a good job. Interesting note: the Hawks wanted to draft Budda Baker badly but missed out when he was taken before they had a chance. Speaking of draft picks, DK Metcalf is looking to be an all time steal as the last pick in the second round. Freakish athletic ability. I'm half way thinking they should put him in on defense once in a while. That play where he ran down Baker was a stunner. The Hawks will rebound from this. Most likely won't be the only loss against the NFC West. With the possible exception of the Bills in Buffalo, the rest of the non division games look winnable. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 26, 2020 15:55

I just read up on the Hawks loss. ...the Cards scored the three times? That is gut wrenching. I think there was a highlight I saw surfing channels on TV where Wilson threw an interception.

Yes they will bounce back and I also think they can win in Buffalo. Go HAWKS!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home