Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 3, 2020 19:47

Wow Situation not good. Makes one wonder as the weather turns colder there will be more cancellations in all realms of life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-03 19:48 by Chris Fountain.

Date: October 3, 2020 20:26

Also, this now means that the Buffalo- LV game will be nationally televised.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 4, 2020 00:27

I read something earlier that COVID's basically back at where it was in March. Seems that it's unravelling in a lot more places but it's just "awareness" and who.

Date: October 4, 2020 03:05

GasLightStreet
I read something earlier that COVID's basically back at where it was in March. Seems that it's unravelling in a lot more places but it's just "awareness" and who.

I'm watching the Auburn at Georgia game (pre-game before Va at Clemson) Wow Many folks at Stadium... Very Surprised.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: October 4, 2020 07:20

Guess I'll have to hold off on my Patriots-Chiefs preview now that Cam Newton has tested positive for COVID-19, resulting in the postponement of Sunday's game. Absolutely devastated to learn of this development and would not be surprised if more players/staff members test positive in the days to come...similar to the Titans' predicament. Game is tentatively slated to take place on Monday, dependent upon further team test results. Stay tuned...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 4, 2020 20:02

Hearing the Titans were very careless on following protocols. Sounds similar to the Miami Marlins in baseball. Hopefully this is a learning experience.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: October 5, 2020 01:32

An NFL team has a roster of 55 players. I think it’s difficult to keep everyone virus free. How are the European sports leagues doing?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 5, 2020 02:43

Rocknroll1969
An NFL team has a roster of 55 players. I think it’s difficult to keep everyone virus free. How are the European sports leagues doing?

There's a big difference between one case and a dozen cases of players and coaching staff. That meant one person infected a bunch of people.

Patriots, Falcons, Saints and Chiefs have had one case. So far, just one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-05 02:44 by daspyknows.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 5, 2020 07:21

If the Cowboys could play the first 3 quarters like the do the 4th quarter they would be the best team in the league!
Bears looked terrible against the Colts. Nick Foles didn't look good and the run game was pathetic. Credit to the Colts defense. Also, Bears took too many penalties.

Date: October 5, 2020 11:19

"Dolphins comeback falls short as Wilson leads Seahawks to first 4-0 start since 2013"

I didn't know it had been that long-

Date: October 5, 2020 15:41

"Patriots will travel to Kansas City with two planes: One will carry roughly 20 people who had close contact with Cam Newton, and the other will carry everyone else."

Source:

[www.reddit.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 5, 2020 16:08

Chris Fountain
"Dolphins comeback falls short as Wilson leads Seahawks to first 4-0 start since 2013"

I didn't know it had been that long-

It's only the second time in franchise history that the Hawks have started 4 - 0. The other time was 2013 & that ended in a Super Bowl win. GO HAWKS!

Date: October 6, 2020 01:48

Looks like the Patriots-Chiefs game is 'ON' as no further positive COVID tests have arisen since Cam Newton's diagnosis on Friday. This was always going to be a tough test for NE, even with Newton behind center, but will be even more of a challenge with Brian Hoyer as the starting QB.

I look for NE to try to establish the running game in order to buy some time for Hoyer to throw. Whether or not he'll be in synch with the receiving corps is the$64,000 question. NE will have to put points on the board for any chance at winning this game...at least 28.

Despite the Patriots' strong secondary, their weakness is at linebacker, which makes them vulnerable to a lot of short/mid-range stuff underneath. Therefore, I can see TE Travis Kelce having a major impact on the game as a result.

NE will have to play a ball control game, limit KC's explosiveness, and force turnovers in order to stay in this game. If not, we might be looking at a double-digit loss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-06 02:11 by FancyBluesMan.

Date: October 6, 2020 12:12

Such a frustrating game tonight; Patriots basically beat themselves...thanks to Brian Hoyer's total ineptitude...and their failure to hang onto sure-fire INTs (McCourty, Jackson) as well as routine pass completions (Edelman).

The defense did all Patriots' fans could have hoped for...for three quarters...which really is a testament to Bill Belichick's ability to implement game plans designed to take opposing offenses out of their comfort zones. Yes, the Chiefs did end up scoring a pair of TDs in the 4th quarter but this was definitely a winnable game.

In addition to the aforementioned dropped INTs, the blown call where Calhoun grabbed the football as it fell out of Mahomes' grasp while he was being tied up was another key play that could have shifted momentum and the complexion of the game. So tired of seeing such inconsistent officiating on a week-to-week, game-to-game basis.

We're on to Denver...

Date: October 6, 2020 12:45

FancyBluesMan
Such a frustrating game tonight; Patriots basically beat themselves...thanks to Brian Hoyer's total ineptitude...and their failure to hang onto sure-fire INTs (McCourty, Jackson) as well as routine pass completions (Edelman).

The defense did all Patriots' fans could have hoped for...for three quarters...which really is a testament to Bill Belichick's ability to implement game plans designed to take opposing offenses out of their comfort zones. Yes, the Chiefs did end up scoring a pair of TDs in the 4th quarter but this was definitely a winnable game.

In addition to the aforementioned dropped INTs, the blown call where Calhoun grabbed the football as it fell out of Mahomes' grasp while he was being tied up was another key play that could have shifted momentum and the complexion of the game. So tired of seeing such inconsistent officiating on a week-to-week, game-to-game basis.

We're on to Denver...

To be fair, Hoyer didn't get practice time really while they were trying to figure out if the virus was contained. I'm no fan of the Patriots but I thought they played ok under difficult circumstances. They didn't fly to KC until yesterday. Kind of tough to do that & then play a game that night. I will admit that I like Belichek more than I used to. There's no denying that he is 1 of the GOAT coaches. I think he would've won Super Bowls even without Brady, maybe not as many. He seems to have a good warped sense of humour & I like how he messes with the press. It's kind of like if Marshawn Lynch was an old white dude, haha. Robert Kraft is the one I find insufferable. Denver should be a nice get well game for the Patriots.

Date: October 7, 2020 01:33

Yes, the game was played under trying circumstances, but a lack of practice time cannot be blamed for Hoyer's glaring mental errors: the sack prior to the end of the first half and the sack/fumble in the third quarter in a similar third down situation were inexcusable.

This guy has been around for a dozen years yet made two costly mistakes, ones you'd expect from a rookie or second-year player who's lacking in 'Football IQ'. Better game management in those two scenarios would have greatly benefitted the Patriots' cause; given Hoyer's 'experience', I'm not willing to cut him any slack whatsoever and view the "lack of practice time" narrative as nothing more than an excuse.

As far as the Marshawn Lynch/Bill Belichick analogy goes, the only thing missing might be the Skittles. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-07 01:38 by FancyBluesMan.

Date: October 7, 2020 13:36

NFC East is 3-12-1

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: October 7, 2020 19:34

The NFL games shown on your local tv for this weekend in link below:

[506sports.com]

Date: October 7, 2020 21:43

After the Bears poor performance on Sunday I'm not looking forward to tomorrow night's game vs TB. Foles has to play a lot better if they want to have any chance of winning.

Date: October 7, 2020 22:22

DGA35
After the Bears poor performance on Sunday I'm not looking forward to tomorrow night's game vs TB. Foles has to play a lot better if they want to have any chance of winning.

You could have Joe Flacco like the Jets! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 9, 2020 06:46

crholmstrom
DGA35

You could have Joe Flacco like the Jets! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Well tonight the Bears looked totally different than Sunday, although defense looked good again. Foles made some clutch throws but running game needs to improve. Nice to see Brady lose, especially the way it ended, getting confused between 3rd and 4th down. Thought a number of TB players were sore losers, just running from the sidelines straight to the locker rooms at the end of the game and not going out to shake hands or fist bump, etc. I'm sure they'll say it was because of covid safety.
Next weekend TB plays the Packers. Even though Green Bay is in the same division as the Bears, I hope they beat TB.

Bear Down Chicago Bears!

Date: October 9, 2020 09:56

I feel the Bears were fortunate to win tonight after totally mismanaging the clock in the final two minutes. Made no sense to me whatsoever. However, despite the additional 30 seconds gifted to him, Brady then channeled his best Brian Hoyer impersonation by being unaware of what down it was. God one Tom.

Wouldn't be fair to overlook the Bears' defense on that final series though; they did make a couple of nice plays to keep Tampa Bay from getting the yardage needed to attempt the game-winning FG. It was far from a pretty game but one that held my interest just the same; Chicago's ability to keep it close paid off in the end. And what a TD catch by Graham!

Date: October 9, 2020 10:00

FancyBluesMan
I feel the Bears were fortunate to win tonight after totally mismanaging the clock in the final two minutes. Made no sense to me whatsoever. However, despite the additional 30 seconds gifted to him, Brady then channeled his best Brian Hoyer impersonation by being unaware of what down it was. God one Tom.

Wouldn't be fair to overlook the Bears' defense on that final series though; they did make a couple of nice plays to keep Tampa Bay from getting the yardage needed to attempt the game-winning FG. It was far from a pretty game but one that held my interest just the same; Chicago's ability to keep it close paid off in the end. And what a TD catch by Graham!

I know what you mean about mismanaging the clock. I was shouting at the tv what the hell are you doing throwing the ball and stopping the clock! Reading tons of twitter feeds about Brady getting confused about what down it was as well as being a sore loser for not shaking Foles hand. Apparently he didn't shake it at the Superbowl too.

Date: October 10, 2020 14:17

According to what I heard the other day, the NFL does not want players intermingling once the game is over. Therefore, I'm curious if the league made a point of reminding teams and players about this guideline after Stephon Gilmore and Pat Mahomes were seen having a helmet-to-helmet conversation following Monday night's NE-KC game.

Just conjecture on my part, as I'm prone to give Brady the benefit of the doubt with regards to not acknowledging Foles after the game. However, given his vocal outburst on the sidelines during the second half, there is the possibility that he was in no mood to exchange pleasantries. Still...without some clarification...not a good look.

Date: October 10, 2020 21:16

Weather is going to be bad for SNF tomorrow. Wrath of God rain. You know, dogs & cats living together type stuff. Should be advantage Seahawks given that Minnehaha play indoors. Could be a blowout (hopefully). Go HAWKS!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: October 10, 2020 21:20

Chris Fountain
NFC East is 3-12-1

Browns have as many wins as the NFC East!

Go BROWNS!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 10, 2020 21:52

crholmstrom
Weather is going to be bad for SNF tomorrow. Wrath of God rain. You know, dogs & cats living together type stuff. Should be advantage Seahawks given that Minnehaha play indoors. Could be a blowout (hopefully). Go HAWKS!

I'm curious - what amount of rain for WA equates to such a description? People ask me on a common basis how much rain we get in a severe thunderstorm in Louisiana and I forget that our version of severe rain, on average, is nothing like anyone else outside of the rest of the Gulf Coast and the rest of FLA. Our usual rain storms give us 2-3 inches in an hour, which apparently is a lot, I've never noticed, but our severe rain storms drop 8 to 21 inches in a few hours.

Date: October 11, 2020 00:55

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

I'm curious - what amount of rain for WA equates to such a description? People ask me on a common basis how much rain we get in a severe thunderstorm in Louisiana and I forget that our version of severe rain, on average, is nothing like anyone else outside of the rest of the Gulf Coast and the rest of FLA. Our usual rain storms give us 2-3 inches in an hour, which apparently is a lot, I've never noticed, but our severe rain storms drop 8 to 21 inches in a few hours.

It's not like that here. I think the forecast is for 1-2 inches tomorrow with strong winds. There's 3 Pacific storms sort of converging so it's supposed to be constant into next week. It's sunny now but the heavy duty stuff is coming tonight with possible thunder & lightning. We don't get the hurricane/tropical storm thing but we get earthquakes instead. Sort of even, haha. Also, the sun will disappear in November until March. Constant gray. The suicide rate is high. Maybe less than 60 points will be scored tomorrow.

Date: October 11, 2020 03:31

KC Chiefs & Chi Bears have Covid-19 issues. source espn

Date: October 11, 2020 13:47

Here are the NFL Telecasts today in case the link was forgotten-

[506sports.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home