Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 25, 2020 15:02

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
We will learn more this week about the NFL this week as the LA Rams play Buffalo and Dallas plays Seattle. Interesting matchups.

I've got the home teams on both of those games. With & without spread.

Good Plan - Buffalo is fun to watch as they have some big playmakers.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 27, 2020 11:46

Here we go, another big game for my Seahawks. Today's victim from the hell that is Dallas Texas, the Cowboys. I don't understand their national following as they have been a mediocre at best team for a few decades now. If I were somewhere I could bet I would definitely take the over on this game. We know how much Russell Wilson loves the spot light & I believe this is the featured game on FOX this week. Should be a doozy. GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Date: September 27, 2020 16:41

I wonder how long Russell Wilson will be playing Red Hot? He seems to be on a mission.

Date: September 27, 2020 18:04

Chris Fountain
I wonder how long Russell Wilson will be playing Red Hot? He seems to be on a mission.

He is on a mission. He wants another Super Bowl win bad. There may be a bum game or 2 during the season but as long as he stays healthy I think this is going to last all year. He's got weapons galore now. DK Metcalf is a budding super star. Add Tyler Lockett & hopefully Josh Gordon soon to that. The big question for the Hawks is the D. We're about to find out the real on some of the youngsters starting this week. If one of those guys blossoms in a big way the Hawks may be unstoppable. There is just a real good vibe around the team this year. GO HAWKS!

Date: September 27, 2020 19:41

Here are the games we get this afternoon- LV at NE., SF at NY G, and TB @ Denver

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 27, 2020 19:59

Saints won't have Thomas tonight.

I watched the MSU/LSU game yesterday. It's funny how people are saying that the Bulldogs beat the champs as if it's some kind of huge accomplishment to beat a team that is nothing at all like last year's team.

Date: September 27, 2020 20:03

Chris Fountain
Here are the games we get this afternoon- LV at NE., SF at NY G, and TB @ Denver

we're getting LV/NE, LAR/BUF, SEA/DAL & GB/NO. Looks like a fine day of football. I'm heading to a friend's place, about an hour drive each way. Your list of games is kind of ugly because of the injuries & such. Surprised you're not getting SEA/DAL. Looks like that is the FOX featured game of the day. I'm hoping the Raiders are for real. Today will be another test. They certainly played well against the Saints after they got warmed up. The new stadiums: the LA one looks pretty cool but the LV one looks like it has more personality. I've written about Mark Davis before but he is doing a fine job. People look at him & think doofus with the haircut & mini-van. Evidently he was paying attention when his dad was teaching him about the game & business. Monday was the first Raider game he didn't attend since 1963 (age 8). His stand about the fans not attending so he's not attending is pretty cool. I don't think that would happen with Jerry Jones.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 27, 2020 23:16

Oh my God what a game-Bills vs the Rams! Nail biter to the end! As a western New Yorker, I am hoping this is the year for the Bills!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 27, 2020 23:35

Chicago Bears! What a comeback against Atlanta, who once again choke. 16 points up in the 4th again and they lose! Nick Foles looked great coming in for Trubisky throwing 3 TD's in the 4th Qtr. Bears even had 2 TD's overturned. Looks like the Bears have a new starting QB and I'm sure the Falcons are getting ripped online again.
Buffalo almost pulled an Atlanta after being up 28-3 against LA, only to win a close one 35-32. Glad to see Minnesota lose so they're 0-3!
Can't believe the Bears are now 3-0! Now to sit back and watch the Seahaws/Cowboys game!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 27, 2020 23:36

Sighunt
Oh my God what a game-Bills vs the Rams! Nail biter to the end! As a western New Yorker, I am hoping this is the year for the Bills!

Go Bills!!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 28, 2020 00:43

I know it was just the Giants but the backup 49ers looked pretty damn good. Mullins is a starting caliber backup, Aiyuk is going to be good with Deebo when he is back with backups Sanu, Bourne and Taylor. If Verrett can stay healthy (not putting any money on it) and Sherman returns the CBs are set. Other teams can go play on the nasty turf at the Meadowlands. Why did they replace it? Was great for the Stones shows.

Date: September 28, 2020 02:20

DGA35
Chicago Bears! What a comeback against Atlanta, who once again choke. 16 points up in the 4th again and they lose! Nick Foles looked great coming in for Trubisky throwing 3 TD's in the 4th Qtr. Bears even had 2 TD's overturned. Looks like the Bears have a new starting QB and I'm sure the Falcons are getting ripped online again.
Buffalo almost pulled an Atlanta after being up 28-3 against LA, only to win a close one 35-32. Glad to see Minnesota lose so they're 0-3!
Can't believe the Bears are now 3-0! Now to sit back and watch the Seahaws/Cowboys game!

The Falcons continue to Falcon themselves. Good ol' Cantlanta Falcants.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 28, 2020 02:52

GasLightStreet
DGA35

Possibly the worst (and dumbest) team ever. They should have fired Quinn during the 4th quarter.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 28, 2020 03:07

Most touchdowns passes in NFL history through 3 games, updated:

Russell Wilson, 14 (2020)
Patrick Mahomes, 13 (2018)
Peyton Manning, 12 (2013)
Tom Brady 11 (2011

Great win for the Hawks!!
Super Bowl goes through NFC West, and MVP is Russell's to lose.

Date: September 28, 2020 05:14

MisterDDDD
Most touchdowns passes in NFL history through 3 games, updated:

Russell Wilson, 14 (2020)
Patrick Mahomes, 13 (2018)
Peyton Manning, 12 (2013)
Tom Brady 11 (2011

Great win for the Hawks!!
Super Bowl goes through NFC West, and MVP is Russell's to lose.

Hopefully Metcalf learned a lesson!

Date: September 28, 2020 05:15

Elmo Lewis
GasLightStreet
DGA35

Possibly the worst (and dumbest) team ever. They should have fired Quinn during the 4th quarter.

Headline in Atlanta paper: Please don't let Dan Quinn coach again.

Date: September 28, 2020 05:18

daspyknows
I know it was just the Giants but the backup 49ers looked pretty damn good. Mullins is a starting caliber backup, Aiyuk is going to be good with Deebo when he is back with backups Sanu, Bourne and Taylor. If Verrett can stay healthy (not putting any money on it) and Sherman returns the CBs are set. Other teams can go play on the nasty turf at the Meadowlands. Why did they replace it? Was great for the Stones shows.

Think Mullins makes me more nervous than Jimmy G. It's going to be a war of attrition with the Hawks. Lots of injuries today. The rookies played well though & made some big plays. Tre Flowers needs to sit down again.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 28, 2020 06:33

crholmstrom
daspyknows

Think Mullins makes me more nervous than Jimmy G. It's going to be a war of attrition with the Hawks. Lots of injuries today. The rookies played well though & made some big plays. Tre Flowers needs to sit down again.

It will get down to who is healthy in Nov and Dec. 49ers down to number 4 RB, number 3 TE, number 2 QB, number 4 and 5 CB, missing 4 of top 6 DL. Coaching even more important thus the woes of Atl and NYJ.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 28, 2020 06:41

Couple great later games today. Russel Wilson is unbelievable. Great win by Seahawks, especially for the receiver who got the winning touchdown who had the ball knocked out from a sure touchdown earlier. Cowboys put up a great fight, although would it have been as close if it wasn't an empty stadium?
Green Bay vs New Orleans was great back and forth. Aaron Rogers is still a great QB. Would this game had a different outcome if the Superdome was full of screaming fans?

Date: September 28, 2020 20:01

I don't think the Saints would've won if there were fans there (although I was impressed they played as good as they did and didn't get bombed out). That kind of thing is given way too much credit. Especially seeing that there were 2 penalties called on the Saints that didn't happen and 2 that happened were beyond stupid for them to make.

The crowd thing is just hype. If it were true, wouldn't the Saints never lose at home? I've watched them lose plenty of games at home with the crowd being loud.

Too much is being made about Brees' arms strength. His decision making wasn't very good for most of the game, mostly because, as it was pointed out, the dude he can throw any ball to was out. We'll see if he can still throw long when they play Detroit and Thomas is back. It really shows that they have yet to get it together. These early games are the preseason they didn't have and unfortunately they will stink up positioning in January if they make the playoffs, especially losing to Green Bay.

All the hype about how good the Saints would be this year means nothing. It shows.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 28, 2020 20:14

thank god NY has the Buffalo Bills, the jets and giants are terrible, I cant believe the falcons blew another big 4th qtr lead.

Russel Wilson amazing he would of had 6 touchdown passes if not for the drop TD by
metcalf.

Chicago real lucky to be 3-0 so far, packers look in good form. still have to wait on NE to see if Cam can really take the patriots to another division title will be hard to beat Buffalo.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: September 28, 2020 20:35

You really think the crowd thing is hype??? Wow have you ever been to a game in New Orleans, Seattle, KC ? just 3 examples of home field advantage. I have been to several games in Seattle and the crowd noise can be deafening it is a clear advantage, Your right in the sense its not a guaranteed victory any team can win on any given sunday thats why they play... but when the opposing players can't hear the QB autible's that's called the TWELFETH MAN !!
Hawks looking really good Packers Looking really good hopefully they can match up with the Chiefs and Raven's when the time comes.

GO AWKS !!!

Date: September 28, 2020 21:52

After the end of the LV at N.E. game I watched the tail end (bonus coverage)of the Cincy at Phil game, in the case of this game, which ended in a tie- I was thinking along these same lines where the Philly fans would have booed the Eagles into not having a false start while attempting last second field goal. Penalty put them out of FG territory.

Date: September 28, 2020 21:54

umakmehrd
You really think the crowd thing is hype??? Wow have you ever been to a game in New Orleans, Seattle, KC ? just 3 examples of home field advantage. I have been to several games in Seattle and the crowd noise can be deafening it is a clear advantage, Your right in the sense its not a guaranteed victory any team can win on any given sunday thats why they play... but when the opposing players can't hear the QB autible's that's called the TWELFETH MAN !!
Hawks looking really good Packers Looking really good hopefully they can match up with the Chiefs and Raven's when the time comes.

GO AWKS !!!

Yes, the Seahawks miss those false start, offside calls that they get with the 12th man. Looks like the injuries yesterday weren't serious. Looks like most of those players should be back in a week or 2. Luckily, they are playing Miami & Minnesota the next 2 games with the bye week after that. I usually don't like the early bye week but it looks like it will be a good thing this year. GO HAWKS!

Date: September 28, 2020 22:56

OpenG
thank god NY has the Buffalo Bills, the jets and giants are terrible, I cant believe the falcons blew another big 4th qtr lead.

Russel Wilson amazing he would of had 6 touchdown passes if not for the drop TD by
metcalf.

Chicago real lucky to be 3-0 so far, packers look in good form. still have to wait on NE to see if Cam can really take the patriots to another division title will be hard to beat Buffalo.

LOL! Why can't you believe the Falcons blew another lead? They're the Falcants! They've very good at it! It's what they do!

Date: September 28, 2020 22:57

umakmehrd

GO AWKS !!!

I have been to a Saints game. And to 3 Bears games. If the crowd thing was as big a deal as the TV heads make it this year reveals that's not true.

Date: September 28, 2020 23:09

Is the fake background noise only on tv or on the field / stadium as well?

Dumb Question but I do no not know!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: September 28, 2020 23:14

I think thats a valid question I found this online -

Fake crowd noise on NFL broadcasts and inside stadiums
With empty sports venues during the COVID-19 pandemic, some leagues have piped fake crowd noise into the stadium and let broadcast networks choose whether to feature that sound on TV. Others have simply featured the fake crowd noise as broadcast-only elements and left it out of the stadium.

Date: September 28, 2020 23:34

I guess it is by the choice of both teams?

Date: September 29, 2020 01:12

Baltimore will cover the -3.5 spread. Well that is scary bet ...maybe just take the over...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home