Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 14, 2020 21:56

crholmstrom
VoodooLounge13
Look forward to 'Boys-Rams.

It was last night. The Rams won in their hideous new uniforms.

Dang it I thought it was tonight!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 15, 2020 14:00

VoodooLounge13
crholmstrom
VoodooLounge13
Look forward to 'Boys-Rams.

It was last night. The Rams won in their hideous new uniforms.

Dang it I thought it was tonight!!

Concerning the Rams ' uniforms -they need to return to the traditional Dark Blue and White (No Yellow) ones from the 60s when Roman Gabriel was quarterback.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 17, 2020 14:04

Here we go with week 2. On the surface, tonight's game looks like another Thursday lame fest. I'm interested for the Joe Burrow/Baker Mayfield match up. I think Mayfield is another hype monster gone wrong whereas Burrow looks like the real deal. Perhaps if Mayfield starts putting as much energy into his game as his endorsement opportunities he'll get better but tonight I'm picking the Bengals.
I don't do fantasy football but do play pick 'em games with & without the point spread. Also, survivor type games. I had a pretty good week last week. I tied for first on 1 of the local sport radio stations with 12 of 16 right in a straight pick em game. Missed the weekly prize by a hair on the tiebreaker. It was close. On the ESPN national pick 'em against the point spread game I got 11 of 16 right & am in the top 5% in the country. I would've made money at a sports book which is always a good feeling.
Of course, I have to wait until Sunday night for my big game this week. I think my Seahawks will handle New England without much problem. By scheduling quirks, the Hawks have played Cam Newton 8 times since he came in the league. They are 6-2 against him & I see no reason why that trend would change. I suspect the Hawks will let Russ cook again but with more of the running game present. I think the Hawks will be strong in both the run & pass games this year & opposing teams won't ever know what to expect. Most of the NFL ranking lists this week have the Hawks ranked about #4 in the league. Seems about right. Don't want to be #1 this early. Would rather the Hawks have a chip on their shoulder. Russell Wilson was the NFC offensive player of the week last week & I don't think it will be the only time he is named that this year. Jamal Adams has a good shot at being defensive player of the week a few times this year, too.
Finally, looking forward to Monday Night Football. My AFC team is the Raiders & am looking forward to seeing the new palace in Las Vegas. That & the new stadium in LA should be pretty good Stones bait should they be able (& willing) to tour again. I really like how Mark Davis has been handling things. He's stated that if fans can't attend the games, he won't attend either. He has also taken the NFL to task regarding blocking off the first 8 rows from the field for more advertising. I think the Raiders are going to be fired up & pull off an upset of New Orleans this week. The Michael Thomas injury has big implications for the Saints.
Sorry for rambling. Can't sleep. Seattle has had the worst air quality in the world this week & it has me not feeling well at all. We've been at the very unhealthy level most of the week. Yesterday it went down to just unhealthy but it was borderline. The forecast is for the smoke to mostly clear out this weekend with some rain today & tomorrow to help contain the wildfires. I hope that is the case & the smoke is gone by Sunday night for the game. Some baseball games have been moved to San Francisco this week as it was hazardous to play here. A few pictures from earlier in the week below. In conclusion: GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Date: September 18, 2020 11:02

6^^^ Well, at least the Bengals beat the point spread! Not pretty but good game last night.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: September 19, 2020 01:21

Crholmstrom...

I'm also looking forward to Sunday's game with much anticipation, as I expect the Patriots' offensive scheme to be quite different compared to what I saw vs. Miami last week. Newton may still run the ball some 10-12 times but I expect to see an uptick in the passing game, despite the fact that NE's receiving corps, other than Edelman and James White, is unproven and fairly unreliable. Seattle will surely try to limit the Patriots' ground game and force them to put the ball in the air.

On the defensive side of the ball, limiting Russell Wilson will be the main focus. Notice I said " limiting", since I believe it's damn near impossible to stop that guy. In my view, he may well be the second best QB in the NFL behind Pat Mahomes and I always enjoy watching him play.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if NE walks away with a 'W' this week but I'm hoping to see a spirited, competitive effort. Still early in the season and the Patriots are a work-in-progress at the moment, so my expectations are tempered.

Date: September 19, 2020 07:26

FancyBluesMan
Crholmstrom...

I'm also looking forward to Sunday's game with much anticipation, as I expect the Patriots' offensive scheme to be quite different compared to what I saw vs. Miami last week. Newton may still run the ball some 10-12 times but I expect to see an uptick in the passing game, despite the fact that NE's receiving corps, other than Edelman and James White, is unproven and fairly unreliable. Seattle will surely try to limit the Patriots' ground game and force them to put the ball in the air.

On the defensive side of the ball, limiting Russell Wilson will be the main focus. Notice I said " limiting", since I believe it's damn near impossible to stop that guy. In my view, he may well be the second best QB in the NFL behind Pat Mahomes and I always enjoy watching him play.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if NE walks away with a 'W' this week but I'm hoping to see a spirited, competitive effort. Still early in the season and the Patriots are a work-in-progress at the moment, so my expectations are tempered.

smileys with beer

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 20, 2020 23:40

My Bears are 2-0! Just caught bonus coverage of the ending of the Cowboys game, Atlanta just absolutely choked. Up 15 late in the 4th qtr. It's going to be hard for them to come back from a loss like that. Cowboys get a late TD then get the onside kick that several Falcons just watched roll for some inexplicable reason and then win with a last second field goal.

Date: September 21, 2020 17:23

SEAHAWKS! What a game last night! Having computer issue so keeping this short. Hate typing on phone. Next up: Cowboys. Time to put a fork in them & turn them over, They'll be done, haha. Tonight the Raiders break in the Death Star. Go Raiders!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 21, 2020 18:12

great win by Hawks, biggest surprise for me was to see Justin Herbert as starter due to Taylor having breathing problems hope he is okay. Looks like chargers have a great young QB. Barkley injured again that sucks he is so talented and hope he can come back strong.

packers look great and Bills almost let a win slip away. Falcons blow another big lead.

Date: September 21, 2020 18:24

Saints play in the Super Dome and will not be intimidated by the "Death Star". However, it is not about stadiums- I'm not impressed by the Raiders. Well, at least last week's Raiders.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: September 21, 2020 18:26

The Pack dispatched the Lions with some ease after a shaky defensive start. Both Aarons are playing quite well...Dem Packerz!

Date: September 21, 2020 18:29

We know what is wrong with the Jets -the same coach of the Dolphins a couple years ago. I thought Minnesota would be better this year.

Date: September 22, 2020 06:31

Just win baby! - Al Davis (RIP)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 22, 2020 18:58

The Saints looked great last night!

Ehhhh, in the first quarter. They played like they'd never played together before after.

What the hell. That was awful. Starting to really believe that not having a pre-season has been an issue.

Date: September 22, 2020 22:03

GasLightStreet

Ehhhh, in the first quarter. They played like they'd never played together before after.

What the hell. That was awful. Starting to really believe that not having a pre-season has been an issue.

I like Drew Brees a lot as a quarterback but it looks like his age is catching up with him some. There may be a reckoning coming with a few more subpar outings in the near future. It is early though, only 2 games obviously. As much as I want Russell Wilson to get MVP, I think that talk is too early too. Both these things could easily change.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 23, 2020 01:54

GO HAWKS!! Russell Wilson MVP and Super Bowl bound!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 23, 2020 03:24

Midnight Toker
GO HAWKS!! Russell Wilson MVP and Super Bowl bound!!

Also consider myself a pretty regular midnight toker, but even I as an original fan, haven't found a strain that good yet smoking smiley

Wonder what the current odds in Vegas are on all that cool smiley

Date: September 23, 2020 05:28

Brutal week for injuries, wasn't it? But I digress...

Tremendously entertaining game Sunday night between NE and Seattle yet, despite the loss, I am encouraged with the way Cam Newton ran the offense and threw the ball. If the Patriots can continue to build upon his performance...and the fact that he distributed the ball among a long list of targets (something Brady was unwilling to do last year)...then NE's ability to move the football and put up points may be better than originally anticipated.

Still, it was a heartbreaking defeat. Yes, NE did telegraph their intent with the formation on the final play, but I thought Newton would have been home free had he bounced to the outside of the Collier/Jackson collision, something he echoed after the game. I'm not sure I would have favored a pass play in that situation so I'm comfortable with the call.

And, as expected, Russell Wilson was 'On'. To see the Patriots' vaunted secondary give up five TD passes was disheartening, to say the least, but two were the result of absolutely perfect passes from Wilson while two others due to blatantly blown coverages.

As far as next week's opponent, the Raiders, is concerned, based upon last night's showing vs. the Saints, the NE secondary will once again be challenged unless the Patriots can put some pressure on Derek Carr. And the Las Vegas running attack cannot be overlooked either...another recent area of concern for Bill Belichick and staff.

I've got a feeling NE will have its' hands full Sunday afternoon.

Date: September 23, 2020 18:49

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

I like Drew Brees a lot as a quarterback but it looks like his age is catching up with him some. There may be a reckoning coming with a few more subpar outings in the near future. It is early though, only 2 games obviously. As much as I want Russell Wilson to get MVP, I think that talk is too early too. Both these things could easily change.

Brees reportedly had a really good offseason and found a new way to throw and can throw further with more ease. Something like that.

Yet the playcalling has been their usual 'uh, throw it sideways' and lose yardage or the 5 yard doink. Not sure why the hell is going through Sean Payton's head but it sure isn't good play calling.

The fake crowd noise is stupid. No one has home field advantage - even the stadiums that are letting people in probably feel more like a garage sale than a football game.

Packers come to the Superdome... I just don't see the Saints winning.

Date: September 23, 2020 19:13

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Brees reportedly had a really good offseason and found a new way to throw and can throw further with more ease. Something like that.

Yet the playcalling has been their usual 'uh, throw it sideways' and lose yardage or the 5 yard doink. Not sure why the hell is going through Sean Payton's head but it sure isn't good play calling.

The fake crowd noise is stupid. No one has home field advantage - even the stadiums that are letting people in probably feel more like a garage sale than a football game.

It sounds like there's a pretty good chance you're going to have Michael Thomas back for GB. If that happens, NO obviously has a better chance to win this week. I'm not a fan of GB or Aaron Rogers so I would love to see that happen.

Date: September 24, 2020 00:20

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

It sounds like there's a pretty good chance you're going to have Michael Thomas back for GB. If that happens, NO obviously has a better chance to win this week. I'm not a fan of GB or Aaron Rogers so I would love to see that happen.

In the first quarter against the Raiders, Thomas not being there didn't matter. But the rest of the game it became obvious. Rodgers is awesome so it will hopefully be a fun game to watch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-24 00:20 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 24, 2020 00:29

Read online that former Chicago Bear Gale Sayers passed away at age 77. Perhaps just as well known for the movie "Brian's Song" which depicted his friendship with fellow Bear Brian Piccolo.
Both he and fellow Bear Hall of Famer Dick Butkus were drafted by Chicago in the 1965 draft!
RIP to The Kansas Comet.

Date: September 24, 2020 03:26

Gale Sayers...The Kansas Comet...one of my all-time favorite players. Built more like a safety (6'0" 200 lbs.) than a running back, he was a truly dynamic talent whose career was, sadly, curtailed by injury. Will never forget the 6 TD performance vs. SF in 1965.

Date: September 24, 2020 04:09

RIP Gale Sayers. 1 of the all time greats for sure.

Date: September 24, 2020 16:29

crholmstrom

He was great. My favorite RB of all time is Eric Dickerson -he was so explosive at SMU and NFL.

Also Larry Brown and Lydell Mitchell were good workhorse RBs but the Redskins and Baltimoree Colts ran them into the ground, respectively.

Date: September 24, 2020 17:38

Double Post error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-24 17:39 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: September 24, 2020 20:30

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

He was great. My favorite RB of all time is Eric Dickerson -he was so explosive at SMU and NFL.

Also Larry Brown and Lydell Mitchell were good workhorse RBs but the Redskins and Baltimoree Colts ran them into the ground, respectively.

He was great in Techmo Bowl too....or was that Bo Jackson?

wait...it was Bo...unstoppable in Techmo!

Date: September 24, 2020 21:11

"Happy ending" for Robert Kraft:

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Date: September 25, 2020 14:18

We will learn more this week about the NFL this week as the LA Rams play Buffalo and Dallas plays Seattle. Interesting matchups.

Date: September 25, 2020 14:54

Chris Fountain
We will learn more this week about the NFL this week as the LA Rams play Buffalo and Dallas plays Seattle. Interesting matchups.

I've got the home teams on both of those games. With & without spread.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home