Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 23
OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 9, 2020 13:16

It's that time again, thank God! Sorry I'm tardy putting this up but haven't been well. This should be a weird season but hopefully the league will be able to pull it off. This thread has been fun in the past, so let's have some good dialog with no personal attacks. I'm feeling good about my beloved Seahawks this year. I think they are severely underrated. Most likely the NFC West will come down to SEA vs SF the final week of the season again. GO HAWKS!!!!!

Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 9, 2020 16:26

Yep the Seahawks have shored up their Defense in the Off Season. The Carolina Panthers are an entirely different team with the exception of Mc Caffery and Moore (WR).

Date: September 9, 2020 16:41

I'm thinking that the players and coaches will have to avoid using profanity as TV audience will be able to hear sideline chatter in the empty or sparsely populated stadium .

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 9, 2020 17:52

Bet on The Bills to win the AFC East

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 9, 2020 18:13

Hope you feel better and get well. Looking foward to see how Burrow does in Cincy and how Cam fits with NE. I am a Giants fan and have low expectations.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 9, 2020 18:15

It certainly has been weird not having pre-season games. Even though they're just a gauge for some who might make the team, it's something.

9 days into fall without football? Very weird.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 9, 2020 18:19

I still kinda feel like the season might fall apart 3 weeks in, but I hope I'm wrong. I do like that everything, besides preseason games, is just going as normal without saying anything and just hoping for the best. Is it the case that if a player gets it the whole team can't play? Or just that player? Cause my bigger thing is what they do about rescheduled games. I get one or two, but if its like 5-10 that seems like a lot. When would they do them and what would they fill that time with for tv channels?

Date: September 9, 2020 18:21

RollingFreak
I still kinda feel like the season might fall apart 3 weeks in, but I hope I'm wrong. I do like that everything, besides preseason games, is just going as normal without saying anything and just hoping for the best. Is it the case that if a player gets it the whole team can't play? Or just that player? Cause my bigger thing is what they do about rescheduled games. I get one or two, but if its like 5-10 that seems like a lot. When would they do them and what would they fill that time with for tv channels?

I haven't read enough about what a team will do but the tv channels will just put the usual garbage on if a game is cancelled.

Date: September 9, 2020 18:48

GasLightStreet
It certainly has been weird not having pre-season games. Even though they're just a gauge for some who might make the team, it's something.

Also weird is NBA playoffs ongoing in September!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 9, 2020 19:18

More Hot Rocks
Bet on The Bills to win the AFC East

Umm, no. They have Jets this weekend!

Just jiving, my Jets will always suck.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 9, 2020 19:20

OpenG
Hope you feel better and get well. Looking foward to see how Burrow does in Cincy and how Cam fits with NE. I am a Giants fan and have low expectations.

Bills have the number one defensive secondary. Poyer, Hyde, White and Wallace. Beat that! You cant. I havent even mentioned the D line or linebackers. Im not worried. Lets see what happens OpenG. Remember NE does not have any defensive linebackers anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-09 19:47 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: September 9, 2020 19:23

Hope the NFL is looking at how the NBA (& even more so WWE) is handling no crowds. I think I like the fake crowd noise more than having a small crowd. I wasn't wild about the concept at first but MLB has done that aspect well. I'm just glad we have games starting tomorrow. I suspect the good, well run organizations will be to handle things regarding the virus. The more suspect ones could be in trouble. Can't wait to see how the Hawks use Jamal Adams! If we get lucky with how the pass rush evolves, the defense could be a force to be reckoned with. Thanks OpenG, health care issues that aren't the pandemic have been a struggle. Hanging on as best I can & being very careful regarding going out in the world.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 9, 2020 19:29

crholmstrom
It's that time again, thank God! Sorry I'm tardy putting this up but haven't been well. This should be a weird season but hopefully the league will be able to pull it off. This thread has been fun in the past, so let's have some good dialog with no personal attacks. I'm feeling good about my beloved Seahawks this year. I think they are severely underrated. Most likely the NFC West will come down to SEA vs SF the final week of the season again. GO HAWKS!!!!!

I was thinking this morning about that Seattle/SF season-ending game last season. Very close, and the winner had a much different route than the loser. Exciting football, and I look forward to the NFC West battles this year.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 9, 2020 20:22

What if you have a ribbon cutting ceremony for a brand new state of the art stadium, and no one shows up?

Welcome to SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles - a beautiful stadium....

[abc7.com]

GO RAMS

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 9, 2020 21:00

Still putting my wager on the 49ers. The defense will solid again and the offence may be even better. The reality is health is the key this season. Between normal injuries, soft tissue injuries from lack of training camps and mini camps and Covid picking winners and losers will be even more of a crapshoot.

That said, the bottom 3 teams look like they will be Jacksoville and both NJ teams.

Date: September 9, 2020 21:25

Hairball
What if you have a ribbon cutting ceremony for a brand new state of the art stadium, and no one shows up?

Welcome to SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles - a beautiful stadium....

[abc7.com]

GO RAMS

Vey few good seats in these Modern Domes such as the Georgia Dome, or Texan Stadium. these venues have proven over and over that a stadium a team does not make. The majority fabs pay major bucks for poor seats offering nothing more than crappy site lines.

Arrowhead Stadium has been around for decades .....Wow I like KC to win again....

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 9, 2020 21:52

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 9, 2020 22:04

Wow, awesome looking stadium in LA. I wonder if Jerry Jones will upgrade his big screen since it's now not the largest in the world? BC Place in Vancouver had the second largest screen, now third largest.
I'm sure my Bears will finish around 8-8 again. We'll see how Trubisky plays knowing that Nick Foles is ready to step in if needed. Will be interesting to see how Newton does in NE.
Quite a number of Seahawk season ticket holders up here in BC that won't be able to attend games due to the border closure.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: September 9, 2020 22:10

I'm pretty sure the Browns will go undefeated.

Go Browns!

Date: September 9, 2020 22:55

DGA35
Wow, awesome looking stadium in LA. I wonder if Jerry Jones will upgrade his big screen since it's now not the largest in the world? BC Place in Vancouver had the second largest screen, now third largest.
I'm sure my Bears will finish around 8-8 again. We'll see how Trubisky plays knowing that Nick Foles is ready to step in if needed. Will be interesting to see how Newton does in NE.
Quite a number of Seahawk season ticket holders up here in BC that won't be able to attend games due to the border closure.

The Seahawks have already announced that there will be no fans at all for at least the first three home games. Hopefully they will let them simulate real game day crowd noise. Think Metallica concert but louder!tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: September 9, 2020 23:39

It's going to be an interesting season in New England. No functioning TE, no deep threat, running back by committee...and what version of Cam Newton do we get? We lost a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball due to free agency and COVID opt-outs so the challenge will be two-fold: finding a way to put points on the board while keeping the games close.

This team cannot afford any injuries to their main guys but Julian Edelman has already been knicked up in camp and is supposedly dealing with a knee issue. They could go anywhere from 4-12 to 10-6 but I'm going to say 8-8 with an outside shot at a possible Wild Card berth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-09 23:40 by FancyBluesMan.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: September 10, 2020 00:22

Ah im looking forward to this season. It has been 20 years since ive been able to just simply enjoy games and the season in general without obsessing and finding ways how each game somehow affected my beloved New England Patriots. Im ok if the pats do not make the playoffs. My attitude will simply revert back to the late 80s early 90s of just enjoying the sport without being a superfan of a team. Cant wait. I will still root for the pats but have to admit i have an eye on Tampa. smiling smiley

Date: September 10, 2020 00:53

Mr. Jimi
Ah im looking forward to this season. It has been 20 years since ive been able to just simply enjoy games and the season in general without obsessing and finding ways how each game somehow affected my beloved New England Patriots. Im ok if the pats do not make the playoffs. My attitude will simply revert back to the late 80s early 90s of just enjoying the sport without being a superfan of a team. Cant wait. I will still root for the pats but have to admit i have an eye on Tampa. smiling smiley

It would be delicious irony if the fountain of youth turned off for Brady in Florida. smileys with beer

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: September 10, 2020 01:06

crholmstrom
Mr. Jimi

It would be delicious irony if the fountain of youth turned off for Brady in Florida. smileys with beer

Ha. Indeed.

But maybe Ponce de Leon is on the payroll down there and finally finda that fountain. And Brady sticks it to Belichick with a great season. Interesting story lines foreseeable

Date: September 10, 2020 03:53

Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet

Also weird is NBA playoffs ongoing in September!

And... the Stanley Cup playoffs!

Date: September 10, 2020 04:01

There's a lot of talk about how deep the Saints are.

I know to take that as hype, hopes and dreams. Until 5 games in, it's nothing but that. Of course, given the talent, I hope they win it all. It's very close to the end of the Brees era regarding the possibility. It has been a lot of fun.

Brady? I have zero predictions on that because it seems he's invigorated, Tampa has seemingly risen to the challenge of giving him something to work with and, well, Atlanta will suck and as much as I liked having Teddy Bridgewater on the Saints I think the Panthers will have some issues.

Seahawks, 49ers, Packers... who knows.

Regarding the AFC, well, whatever. I haven't paid much mind to the AFC yet. The Patriots will flounder for a bit then get it together. They won't win the 2021 Super Bowl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 17:46 by GasLightStreet.

Date: September 10, 2020 04:31

Like every year, the hype machine about Dallas is going full bore. Same thing every year. Mid-season they will be mired in mediocrity again. They should really get a real GM.

Date: September 10, 2020 13:53

GasLightStreet

I know to take that as hype, hopes and dreams. Until 5 games in, it's nothing but that. Of course, given the talent, I hope they win it all. It's very close to the end of the Brees era regarding the possibility. It has been a lot of fun.

Brady? I have zero predictions on that because it seems he's invigorated, Tampa has seemingly risen to the challenge of giving him something to work with and, well, Atlanta will suck and as much as I liked have Teddy Bridgewater on the Saints I think the Panthers will have some issues.

Regarding the AFC, well, whatever. I haven't paid much mind to the AFC yet. The Patriots will flounder for a bit then get it together. They won't win the 2021 Super Bowl.

I'm not sure what to think about the Panthers. Will they win more than 4 games with a complete overhaul of the line up with exception to McCaffery, Moore, etc... Also can Bridgewater rise to the challenge?

Date: September 10, 2020 17:47

Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet

Brady? I have zero predictions on that because it seems he's invigorated, Tampa has seemingly risen to the challenge of giving him something to work with and, well, Atlanta will suck and as much as I liked have Teddy Bridgewater on the Saints I think the Panthers will have some issues.

I'm not sure what to think about the Panthers. Will they win more than 4 games with a complete overhaul of the line up with exception to McCaffery, Moore, etc... Also can Bridgewater rise to the challenge?

I think Bridgewater will do just fine. He's a good QB. He was awesome at Minnesota. The Saints were smart to sign him but as things happen, he's now elsewhere. Certainly good for Bridgewater.

Date: September 10, 2020 17:51

Watching First Take on ESPN. Stephen A Smith is with me on the Cowboys, haha. That show is very entertaining.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home