Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Another reissue goodie: Tumbling Dice (Live / Forest National Arena, Brussels / 17/10/73)
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 8, 2020 05:31

I don't think this one was ever released. At least I haven't heard it.

[youtu.be]

So nice to hear another version with that amazing Brussels musicianship and vibe. There is even some nice Taylor noodling between his melodic fills and Mick is doing some nice improvisation.

Stones forever!!!! lol

Re: Another reissue goodie: Tumbling Dice (Live / Forest National Arena, Brussels / 17/10/73)
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 8, 2020 07:42

"What's that Charlie?"

Re: Another reissue goodie: Tumbling Dice (Live / Forest National Arena, Brussels / 17/10/73)
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 8, 2020 07:54

Brussels was released many times over the last 10 years...

Date: September 8, 2020 08:53

?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 8, 2020 11:26

nothing new. Stones archive already released the Brussels 73 years ago.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 8, 2020 11:39

Great that some people find “new” music, which they think was not released before. Not everyone knows all there’s around! Maybe it does mean that our Heroes The Rolling Stones still attract new fans! That’s just great isn’t it? Years ago I didn’t knew about all the recordings and live shows. I still don’t know all there is and still “learning and discovering” smileys with beer

Date: September 8, 2020 11:56

Christiaan
Great that some people find “new” music, which they think was not released before. Not everyone knows all there’s around! Maybe it does mean that our Heroes The Rolling Stones still attract new fans! That’s just great isn’t it? Years ago I didn’t knew about all the recordings and live shows. I still don’t know all there is and still “learning and discovering” smileys with beer

MileHigh is a long time poster on IORR smiling smiley

But I agree with everything you wrote thumbs up

Btw, it's the fourth time The Brussels Affair has been officially released.

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: September 8, 2020 12:18

I picked up the Brussels Affair bootleg CD in a big store in Madrid many years ago. Got it home and was truly staggered by the guitar work on the first 2 tracks. Have played them thousands of times!! When the official release was announced I got excited BUT unfortunately it doesn't sound right to my ears!! I can't explain wh...... but I am sticking with my old bootleg version!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 8, 2020 12:22

1st show. 2nd show. 2 shows. How can it be so difficult? The old bootlegs comes from the 1st show.

Date: September 8, 2020 12:34

CaptainGlassback
I picked up the Brussels Affair bootleg CD in a big store in Madrid many years ago. Got it home and was truly staggered by the guitar work on the first 2 tracks. Have played them thousands of times!! When the official release was announced I got excited BUT unfortunately it doesn't sound right to my ears!! I can't explain wh...... but I am sticking with my old bootleg version!

Any reason why you don't want both shows? Was this show really that inferior to the bootleg you've had for years?

I'd say they're pretty even. The GHS-songs might be a tad better on the old bootlegged show.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: September 8, 2020 14:40

don't forget
the stars in the sky they never lie ...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 8, 2020 14:49

Whoops! I knew that there were differences between the original Brussels Affair and the official vault release. I actually bought the vault release and downloaded it. But it's buried somewhere on my computer and I was too lazy to find it and I don't really know it. And in the back of my mind I was saying to myself, "Perhaps there were four shows, 2 x 2?"

It sounded so "new" to me and why would they put up the video and associate it with the deluxe GHS release? It must be "new."

Alas, the Rolling Stones are as guilty as any band for releasing endless greatest hits compilations and other material. It's that obsessive-compulsive market!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 8, 2020 15:50

Erik_Snow
1st show. 2nd show. 2 shows. How can it be so difficult? The old bootlegs comes from the 1st show.

It's not that easy because the old bootlegs often got songs from London mixed in and the official version got 3 songs and a solo from the 1st show on it. So quite confusing for some...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 8, 2020 17:33

I stick to my old boot too. Far better versions of Angie, Rambler and SFM, to name a few. smiling smiley

Date: September 8, 2020 17:39

Bjorn
I stick to my old boot too. Far better versions of Angie, Rambler and SFM, to name a few. smiling smiley

Funny....Rambler and Street Fighting Man are 2 of the 3 songs that comes from the same performance as the bootleg. If you should mention another one, would it be Brown Sugar?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-08 17:46 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 8, 2020 18:00

Erik_Snow
Bjorn

Funny....Rambler and Street Fighting Man are 2 of the 3 songs that comes from the same performance as the bootleg. If you should mention another one, would it be Brown Sugar?

No, probably the ADTL-solo...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 8, 2020 18:24

toomuchforme

73 years ago??? smoking smiley

Date: September 8, 2020 18:25

the 2nd one, Dandelion, yes just that

Date: September 8, 2020 18:25

Koen
toomuchforme

I thought it was 100.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 8, 2020 18:49

Sigh. Stupid me to mention that I have a boot with different versions - versions that have been on youtube for years. No secret. This new release 2020 is not the same show. But I will keep my mouth shut in the future. These days I prefer Schubert anyway.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 8, 2020 20:00

Erik_Snow
Koen
toomuchforme

I thought it was 100.

Exactly!

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: September 9, 2020 03:08

Very nice version. I'm used to the version from the other show of the same day. I really like Taylor's melodic lines on both versions from Brussels. I love Ronnie but I have to admit Taylor was far superior on guitar.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: September 9, 2020 04:05

Wow. The band is killing it.

At 3:05 Mick says to the band " come on @#$%&".

Date: September 11, 2020 18:41

Bjorn
Sigh. Stupid me to mention that I have a boot with different versions - versions that have been on youtube for years. No secret. This new release 2020 is not the same show. But I will keep my mouth shut in the future. These days I prefer Schubert anyway.

Schubert can't be compared to anything, so why bring him in for?

Just wanted to say that Brown Sugar And Rambler are ALWAYS Brussels 1st show. So you are missing out on a lot since you obvously have not heard the official Brussels. You're missing out on a lot of fun.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 11, 2020 18:53

What I don't seem to get, and correct me if I am wrong, but the original bootleg was called Brussels Affair, right? So if the Stones are going to release something, and take that title for it, shouldn't it be the same tracks from the same venues? I think it should. If it is some other tracks from different shows, or all from Brussels where the boot was not, should they not have called it something different and not referenced a legendary bootleg release? Or were they just going for name recognition?

And wasn't the original boot(s) sourced from the KBFH show(s)? And those were mixed by the Glimmer Twins according to the legend I think I believe...so if they used tracks from different shows or venues, I suppose thats the way they wanted it, back then anyway.

So I don't get why this release has different versions of songs from the original boots. And there is something illogical too about Keith or whoever saying he was amazed when he heard the bootleg. As I mentioned, I thought the boots came from the broadcasts which the Stones authorized and even mixed. So why would any of it be a surprise?

I think I am obviously mixed up here, so someone, please, straighten me out on this if I am incorrect. Perhaps this is all explained elsewhere and I just don't know it.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2020 11:44

Too many Q's Jb .... ...relax
Just get it and throw yaself around ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 12, 2020 13:26

jbwelda
What I don't seem to get, and correct me if I am wrong, but the original bootleg was called Brussels Affair, right? So if the Stones are going to release something, and take that title for it, shouldn't it be the same tracks from the same venues? I think it should. If it is some other tracks from different shows, or all from Brussels where the boot was not, should they not have called it something different and not referenced a legendary bootleg release? Or were they just going for name recognition?

And wasn't the original boot(s) sourced from the KBFH show(s)? And those were mixed by the Glimmer Twins according to the legend I think I believe...so if they used tracks from different shows or venues, I suppose thats the way they wanted it, back then anyway.

So I don't get why this release has different versions of songs from the original boots. And there is something illogical too about Keith or whoever saying he was amazed when he heard the bootleg. As I mentioned, I thought the boots came from the broadcasts which the Stones authorized and even mixed. So why would any of it be a surprise?

I think I am obviously mixed up here, so someone, please, straighten me out on this if I am incorrect. Perhaps this is all explained elsewhere and I just don't know it.

jb

The original boot was called Bedspring Symphony.

plexi

Date: September 12, 2020 13:46

timbernardis
The original boot was called Bedspring Symphony.
plexi

One of the 30 bootlegs was called that, yes.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 12, 2020 14:19

I have not other versions of the Brussels' 73 concert. How does the GHS Reissue compare to the bootlegs as far as clarity is concerned?

Date: September 12, 2020 14:28

Chris Fountain
I have not other versions of the Brussels' 73 concert. How does the GHS Reissue compare to the bootlegs as far as clarity is concerned?

How slow can you be? Are you joking?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home