Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Street Fight Man on Official Brussels Affair
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: September 8, 2020 00:26

Is this from Wembley as on the KBFH broadcast or is it from first or second show in Brussels? Thank you

Re: Street Fight Man on Official Brussels Affair
Date: September 8, 2020 00:31

donvis
Is this from Wembley as on the KBFH broadcast or is it from first or second show in Brussels? Thank you

Second show (as I thought the KBFH-broadcast was as well?).

BS, MR, SFM and the ADTL guitar solo are all from the second Brussels show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-08 00:33 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 8, 2020 00:34

donvis
[www.rollingstonesnet.com]
It is from the 1st (afternoon) show from Brussels.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 8, 2020 00:34

29th September 1974: US radio (D.I.R.) ‘The King Biscuit Flower Hour’. Incl.

- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR) -Brussels 17.10.73, 1st show
- Happy (MJ/KR) -London 9.9.73
- Dancing With Mr. D (MJ/KR) -Brussels 17.10.73, 1st show
- Angie (MJ/KR) -Brussels 17.10.73, 1st show
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) -Brussels 17.10.73, 1st show
- Midnight Rambler (MJ/KR) -Brussels 17.10.73, 1st show
- Rip This Joint (MJ/KR) -Brussels 17.10.73, 1st show
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -Brussels 17.10.73, 1st show
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR) -London 9.9.73

The new Brussels Affair comes from the 2nd show except for:

Brown Sugar
MT's guitar solo in All Down The Line was taken from the 1st show
Midnight Rambler
Street Fighting Man

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-08 00:40 by JordyLicks96.

Date: September 8, 2020 00:37

ironbelly
donvis

So, what we've researched and found out about songs from the old bootleg that made it to this release is wrong? That's very interesting.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 8, 2020 00:47

DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
donvis

So, what we've researched and found out about songs from the old bootleg that made it to this release is wrong? That's very interesting.

Think your memory fails you for once, DP, it was pretty clear from the very start that them 3 songs + the ADTL solo came from the 1st show.
BTW, the London version is far far better, the guitars stay in tune. And it's the only SFM that I think is better than GYYO version

Date: September 8, 2020 00:48

JordyLicks96
29th September 1974: US radio (D.I.R.) ‘The King Biscuit Flower Hour’. Incl.
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR) -London 9.9.73

there were several broadcasts. The Brussels SFM was broadcasted later.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: September 8, 2020 00:56

Ok thanks.

Date: September 8, 2020 00:59

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
donvis

Think your memory fails you for once, DP, it was pretty clear from the very start that them 3 songs + the ADTL solo came from the 1st show.
BTW, the London version is far far better, the guitars stay in tune. And it's the only SFM that I think is better than GYYO version

Haha, it's not for once grinning smiley

It was the first and second show I somehow switched. My bad!

All is good then: those three songs + the ADTL-solo were taken from the other bootlegged show.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 8, 2020 05:21

For many years, I thought I was listening to Brussels ‘73 because of a bootleg CD I bought in the mid-‘90s. Later I found out it was mislabeled. It was actually the London show. The London show is better!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-08 05:22 by MelBelli.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 8, 2020 09:51

MelBelli
The London show is better!

No! grinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 8, 2020 10:24

I was taken aback by the different performances on this official Brussels Affair release. I vaguely recollect reading that they’d switched things around, but wasn’t aware that the bulk of this newer release is sourced from a different performance. Oh well. I guess it adds continuing relevance to the original release, as it’s a different show!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 8, 2020 11:41

WHY on earth did they remove the ADTL-solo from the afternoon show?!?!? It's a masterpiece!!confused smiley

Date: September 8, 2020 11:51

MadMax
WHY on earth did they remove the ADTL-solo from the afternoon show?!?!? It's a masterpiece!!confused smiley
Because there was no solo. Mick Taylor had problem with guitar. It can be heard on various audience bootlegs.

Date: September 8, 2020 12:14

ironbelly
MadMax
Because there was no solo. Mick Taylor had problem with guitar. It can be heard on various audience bootlegs.

There are no audience recordings, only 6 songs from a muddy SBD source. He broke one string very early in the solo.

Date: September 8, 2020 12:15

ironbelly
MadMax

I didn't know that thanks! My Rattlesnake boot I got in august 2000 (exactly 20 years ago come to think about it) got a beautiful Taylor ADTL-solo. Was this cut and pasted from another show? It sounds perfect.

Date: September 8, 2020 12:17

If I have heard the right version the Stones end up in making it punkrock, going completely bananas, Charlie Watts using a hammer.

Date: September 8, 2020 12:20

TheflyingDutchman
If I have heard the right version the Stones end up in making it punkrock, going completely bananas, Charlie Watts using a hammer.

While Taylor is playing his best "hippie-fusion" thumbs up

Date: September 8, 2020 12:26

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

While Taylor is playing his best "hippie-fusion" thumbs up

He lost track somewhere, but het got away with it. I always get a big smile on my face when I play this version loud in my car.They where maniacs, probably with a bit of "help". cool smiley

Date: September 8, 2020 12:40

MadMax
ironbelly
MadMax

I didn't know that thanks! My Rattlesnake boot I got in august 2000 (exactly 20 years ago come to think about it) got a beautiful Taylor ADTL-solo. Was this cut and pasted from another show? It sounds perfect.
Rattlesnake boot is the 1st (afternoon show). We are talking about the 2nd (evening) show.
[dbboots.com]

This is easy
1. MOST OF PRE-2011 SOUNDBOARD BOOTS CONTAIN 1ST AFTERNOON SHOW BASED ON KBFH BRODCASTS
2. THE 2nd SHOW BEFORE 2011 WAS AVAILABLE PARTIALLY AS AUDIENCE RECORDING ONLY
3. OFFICIAL RELEASES (AND POST-2011 BOOTS) - MOSTLY 2ND SHOW WITH BROWN SUGAR, MIDNIGHT RAMBLER, STREET FIGHTING MAN AND SOLO FROM ALL DOWN THE LINE FROM THE 1st SHOW

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 8, 2020 12:49

Before they officially released the Brussels evening show the only source available from the evening show was the songs you could hear collected on the bootleg The Stars inthe Sky Never Lie.Those songs had really crappy sound.Then they are officially released around 8 years ago in excellent sound quality. Which leads me to hope they have other 1973 shows in their vaults with this sound quality. And in All the Rage video those 1973 live show clips look pretty clear ,so maybe they have video or film of a complete show. I hope in their vaults they have a1972 show like NYC or one of the 1973 Pacific tour shows with the quality of Brussels

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 8, 2020 13:33

That would be great, video of a EUROPEAN 1973 show. But I think they didn’t shoot a whole concert. I don’t think they shot more than a few videos/film of a few songs. Probally by some tv programs around that time in a certain country. You can only find one or two clips on YouTube

Date: September 8, 2020 13:41

I'm not that certain about the All The Rage video clips, they remind me of audience footage from Super-8 which was taped from front rows, there are several of those. And if zooming in even further in with software, and adding more colours which is easy to do, that could be it. There are great pieces of Super-8 from several Euro 1973 gigs.

The All The Rage video surely doen't convince me that any PRO footage was used.

Posted by: Dbs1972 ()
Date: September 8, 2020 13:59

Great discussion, great refresher course on the best bootleg ever released. Really enjoyed Chris M.’s website deep dive into the tracks as well as his priceless comment, “Star Star... the final track on GHS that actually woke up the rest of the album...”

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 8, 2020 16:23

Christiaan
That would be great, video of a EUROPEAN 1973 show. But I think they didn’t shoot a whole concert. I don’t think they shot more than a few videos/film of a few songs. Probally by some tv programs around that time in a certain country. You can only find one or two clips on YouTube
I’dbe very happy with just an audio cd or download of a1972 show or 1973 Pacific tour show of the quality of Brussels or London Roundhouse

Date: September 9, 2020 13:25

ironbelly
MadMax
ironbelly
MadMax

Rattlesnake boot is the 1st (afternoon show). We are talking about the 2nd (evening) show.
[dbboots.com]

This is easy
1. MOST OF PRE-2011 SOUNDBOARD BOOTS CONTAIN 1ST AFTERNOON SHOW BASED ON KBFH BRODCASTS
3. OFFICIAL RELEASES (AND POST-2011 BOOTS) - MOSTLY 2ND SHOW WITH BROWN SUGAR, MIDNIGHT RAMBLER, STREET FIGHTING MAN AND SOLO FROM ALL DOWN THE LINE FROM THE 1st SHOW

Nice one Ironbelly! Cheers!smileys with beer

Date: September 11, 2020 21:24

ironbelly
This is easy

Hi?! Are you there? Hello?!? Again, no, there are NO audience recordings of the 2nd show. There is a muddy SBD rec of 6 tracks but NO AUD REC, for the nth time
...and stop writing with them red letters, especialy when you are wrong, it'd just so silly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-11 21:28 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2020 00:41

Lurv it when chicks leave lip stick
messages scrawled on bedroom mirrors .... XXXX

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home