Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Goats Head Soup - What Could Have Been
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 9, 2020 11:41

straycatuk
S.T.P
NilsHolgersson
When you look at the bootleg series Bob Dylan's team put out for his albums like More Blood, More Tracks and Trouble No More, these Stones "super deluxe" releases are really short and sad in comparison. You don't get a lot of takes or unreleased demo songs

I bet they're saving some for a future release!

They will be no one left to buy them !

sc uk

Possibly.. Who would buy A Sinatra Box these days..

Death & Time bring about a very different reality for so many Artists, The Doors had the resurgence after the film, but couldn't back it up with anything new, Ian Astbury withstanding, and now Queen, lucky enough to have persevered with Adam Lambert then the Film exploded... but will it sustain..

Elvis has become kitsch a relic of a different time..

Now The Stones have an unprecendented longevity which has carried across 4-5 Generations of people, nothing really comes close to this level of relevance... but when they stop and then leave us, will it go on..

I feel the wind is going out of Bowie, Petty and Prince atm.. it's just 2nd hand offerings of outtakes, obscure concert ditties and repackaging.

George Michael is forgotten, he had become less relevant in the intervening years but right now he's gone... very sad, such a voice

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 9, 2020 12:12

George Michael was basically a joke after 1998

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: September 10, 2020 06:22

Elmo Lewis
NilsHolgersson
When you look at the bootleg series Bob Dylan's team put out for his albums like More Blood, More Tracks and Trouble No More, these Stones "super deluxe" releases are really short and sad in comparison. You don't get a lot of takes or unreleased demo songs

yes, some early versions of "Tops" or WOAF would have been nice.

I'd say those are being held back for a Tattoo You deluxe. Can easily have a second disc of original/demo versions for each track. I'm pretty sure there are bootlegged early versions of each track, which says nothing about what they may have in the vaults that no one has ever heard.

There are only really four albums remaining for deluxe reissues, with TY being the biggest of them. All have plenty of extra material available.

If they did GHS, I can't see why they wouldn't venture into IORR - it actually has more "hits" on it than GHS (IORR, ATPTB, DLS vs. just Angie and Heartbreaker). I was SHOCKED they didn't stuff a bunch of Angie alternates etc onto this set.

TY obviously has plenty of appeal and material.

Emotional Rescue also has two hits and piles of vault material.

Black and Blue may be the toughest, which is unfortunate because it has some great vault material. Fool To Cry being the biggest hit, with the second-tier hits of Hot Stuff and Crazy Mama. But I don't think they're as well known as the IORR material. But, again, I'd have put GHS on the same level as BAB, but they seem to have really sold GHS as being greatly overlooked. I honestly felt it would be one of the last reissues if they ever actually did it at all.

I'm not sure I can see them doing reissues of UC (I would LOVE it), DW, or SW.

After that you get into albums that are originally quite long, due to the CD era. I don't think they fit into the classic mold as these 70s albums do. It's also a different phase of the band without Wyman etc. And judging from the way they have done the live archive releases, I think they would have ping ponged back and forth between the earlier albums and the later ones in these reissues if they were intending to include the more 'recent' albums.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 10, 2020 08:35

NilsHolgersson
George Michael was basically a joke after 1998

He definitely wasn't.
2 great tours and a great album (Patience) were still to come.
(And his covers album wasn't too shabby either)

Don't believe me? listen to John and Elvis are dead.

But back to GHS...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 08:37 by BowieStone.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home