Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Tracktalk: All the Rage
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: September 13, 2020 17:46

This is a fun song to which to listen, though I must admit that I do not enjoy Jagger's "late period" vocal style of sharp enunciations as much as I enjoy the style of the 70s and even those up thru ABB.

Still, it's nice to hear another unreleased track from 1972-1973, and we'll always be happy to get whatever table scraps the band will toss us, right? This song sounds less like a GHS outtake than a hybrid Stones recreation track, much like I found to be the case with some of the Exile bonus trax (Following the River, Dancing in the Light, and, oh yes, Plundered My Soul come to mind), I find that Jagger's vox sound like exactly what they are - Mick of today singing over a 48-year old backing track. He's trying so so so so hard!

So, while I enjoy listening to All the Rage, it's the Plundered My Soul of the GHS reissue.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: December 26, 2021 19:40

Just listened to this perfect Boxing Day music to blow the cobwebs away.
I love the drums and everything. Lead guitar….. yes slightly harsh Jagger vocal… but overall it’s Great!!!!!

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: December 26, 2021 19:42

What a pleasure it is to listen to Charlie’s crisp drumming… a brilliant legacy indeed!!!
Happy Boxing Day to everyone …. Play your Stones records loud!!!

Posted by: guezeg ()
Date: December 28, 2021 22:03

It seems to me that BS riff, on time 3 and 4, sounds very much like time 1 and 2 of Criss Cross' riff

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 29, 2021 12:02

nick1970
Just listened to this perfect Boxing Day music to blow the cobwebs away.
I love the drums and everything. Lead guitar….. yes slightly harsh Jagger vocal… but overall it’s Great!!!!!

I'll go along w/ this!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home