Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Tracktalk: All the Rage
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 4, 2020 17:54

The Best Stones song in many years.
LOVE IT!!
Should have released it back in the day.
Happy to have it now!!

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 18:11

I love this, Mick’s vocals and the band sounds very tight. It sounds like an upbeat celebration song. Criss cross is very good too, Scarlet is my least liked song of the three.!!
Wow!! Long live the amazing Rolling Stones...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 4, 2020 18:19

Took me two seconds..."ok, this is Mick 2020"...But after that horrible start, in the nose, it´s not bad at all. cool smiley

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 18:34

GasLightStreet
DiamondDog7
The music is alright, but the new vocals by Jagger are out of tune to my opinion! Listen how he starts the song...

He needs to stop sing new vocals to old demos!! He has done it before and it sounds forced and not ok. Don't like it all. Sorry about that.

They're not demos, they're unfinished studio recordings. VERY BIG difference.

Sorry, I mean unfinished studio recordings indeed.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 4, 2020 18:42

Okay, I've listened to this three times now. Exciting to hear something by the Stones I've not heard before, but overall impression: "The same old places and the same old songs, We've been going there for much too long."

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 18:51

At first listen I did not really like Mick's new vocals, but now I'm getting more and more into it.
Also a bit of a pity that Nicky's piano is buried in the mix, always loved that about the outtake version.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 4, 2020 19:40

I just heard and seen the video and I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that's a Stones tune to rock out on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first fill is Keith for sure , and the second fill ? I almost want to say it's Taylor but it could be Keith ? Great video and unlike Scarlet . I guess they told us by showing Bill Wyman huh ?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 21:20

The vocal is a bit too high or something for me. Such a great song, but I think he ruined it a bit with this new vocal - there, I said it!

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 21:34

I think the music on this track is fantastic. At first, the vocals sound a bit out of place, but seem to get more in the groove as the song progresses. I sure wish there was a clean version with a 1973 Mick vocal, but this version is pretty good. I'd rather have it out there with the new vocals than not have it at all.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 4, 2020 21:51

Koen
Bloody hell! Can’t wait to drive home tonight, windows down and blasting this on repeat.

EXACTLY the type of tune that will work well for this type of listening ! D&G wasn't too bad either ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: September 4, 2020 22:33

I love it. They did a great job finishing this track! Great Jagger vocals!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 4, 2020 23:13

what's the setlist?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 5, 2020 00:09

Chris Fountain
what's the setlist?

Wrong thread? smoking smiley

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: September 5, 2020 01:14

mike567
At first listen I did not really like Mick's new vocals, but now I'm getting more and more into it.
Also a bit of a pity that Nicky's piano is buried in the mix, always loved that about the outtake version.

Absolutely. Nicky's piano is amazing on "Her ass" outtake

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 5, 2020 01:55

The official video has crystal clear video of the Stones 1973 live shows.They are not bootleg quality.Could it mean they have in the archives a film of alive 1973 show

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: September 5, 2020 03:06

is there a some "Brown Sugar" in there or is it just me?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 5, 2020 11:01

Reminds me of something Slade might have done.The guitars are brilliant.It’s catchy dirty and fun.Mick’s snarling vocals fit in perfect.And that video is cool.Loving it!

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: September 5, 2020 13:03

Taylor1
The official video has crystal clear video of the Stones 1973 live shows.They are not bootleg quality.Could it mean they have in the archives a film of alive 1973 show

Anybody know the characters given in the vid's closing credits? ( [youtu.be] )

Directed by
Jamie Wolfe

Additional Production Assistance From
Angela Stempel
Jordan Wong

They surely had access to the Brussels/London 1973 source video for this clip and can advise how much they have??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-05 13:19 by muffie.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 5, 2020 14:37

muffie

Anybody know the characters given in the vid's closing credits? ( [youtu.be] )

Directed by
Jamie Wolfe

Additional Production Assistance From
Angela Stempel
Jordan Wong

They surely had access to the Brussels/London 1973 source video for this clip and can advise how much they have??

The director Jamie Wolfe, appears to be an animation director in LA.
The animations are great, but not sure if she would have been the one dicing up concert footage or just adding animation. My guess would be the latter.

"Jamie Wolfe is an animation director and artist, living and making work in Los Angeles, California."
"All the Rage Lyric Video for The Rolling Stones
Commissioned by Universal Records
Directed & Animated by Jamie Wolfe
[www.jamiewolfe.com]

**Directed & Animated by Jamie Wolfe
After further review.. it does say "directed & animated".. so I guess likely she would have had access to the concert footage provided by Universal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-05 15:28 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 5, 2020 15:42

bitusa2012
Not sure about this. Musically it sounds a bit “dull and flat”, almost out of tune. Or is it that the vocal’s sounds that way? I don’t know, the music doesn’t quite fit the vocals. It’s better than Scarlet, and I’m glad it’s here. But it’s not essential Stones. I’m not sure it’s even good Stones.

Cross cross brilliant
All the Rage so so
Scarlet awful

not hearing what you are hearing. Scarlet is a stand out. Absolutely brilliant vocal too and video. Criss Cross ok....All The Rage meh...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 5, 2020 15:43

Taylor1
The official video has crystal clear video of the Stones 1973 live shows.They are not bootleg quality. Could it mean they have in the archives a film of a live 1973 show

Yup and they're teasing us with it! drinking smiley Is it Brussels or London btw?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 5, 2020 16:41

Love it! Channeling the New York Dolls?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 5, 2020 19:33

Semi- decent tune musically, though a bit cliche - sounds like a band trying to sound like the Stones...almost a like a weird tribute band that have written their own "original" tune.
Overall prefer the bootleg version, but never liked it much either - that and this new version sounds like something that even the inferior Georgia Satellites or Black Crowes would have rejected.
And have to say, it's hard to get past Mick's silly and annoying vocals...sounds like a goose squawking...cartoonesque...high-pitched...like someone imitating/mocking Jagger.
In contrast, his new vocals on Criss Cross and Scarlet - however little may have been added - are way more subtle and even undetectable. Great job on those!
Can see why this tune was forgotten about, why they didn't pre-release like they did with Criss Cross and Scarlet, and why they didn't waste time with remixes.
Video is decent w/the vintage footage, but a bit spastic w/the lyrics, and these types of videos sort of get old fast anyways - watching once was enough.

In order of preference:

Criss Cross = A+ or a 10
Scarlet (single mix) - C or a 5
All the Rage - I (as in incomplete) or a 1

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 5, 2020 19:43

treaclefingers
Love it! Channeling the New York Dolls?

.. Both this one and Criss Cross...the NYD force is strong here.

Date: September 5, 2020 20:25

Is that Mick Taylor throughout the entire song on the left channel ? If so his sound is very distorted for his standard during those days. Or someone else is playing that left channel chords. Sounds like (modern) preamp tube-compression to me. If it's Taylor edited recently it ruins his natural tone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-06 00:26 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: September 5, 2020 20:56

Hairball
Semi- decent tune musically, though a bit cliche - sounds like a band trying to sound like the Stones...almost a like a weird tribute band that have written their own "original" tune.
Overall prefer the bootleg version, but never liked it much either - that and this new version sounds like something that even the inferior Georgia Satellites or Black Crowes would have rejected.
And have to say, it's hard to get past Mick's silly and annoying vocals...sounds like a goose squawking...cartoonesque...high-pitched...like someone imitating/mocking Jagger.
In contrast, his new vocals on Criss Cross and Scarlet - however little may have been added - are way more subtle and even undetectable. Great job on those!
Can see why this tune was forgotten about, why they didn't pre-release like they did with Criss Cross and Scarlet, and why they didn't waste time with remixes.
Video is decent w/the vintage footage, but a bit spastic w/the lyrics, and these types of videos sort of get old fast anyways - watching once was enough.

In order of preference:

Criss Cross = A+ or a 10
Scarlet (single mix) - C or a 5
All the Rage - I (as in incomplete) or a 1

My memory might be failing me, but didn't you say "I love everything about it" when I said it didn't really take off after the fantastic intro.

Anyways, I like it better with the new vocals.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 5, 2020 21:18

A bit of a stretch perhaps, but is this a bit of nod to Jim Morrison in the lyrics?

" ..want to make the biggest splash.. and "Get Out of Here Alive"..

A lyric in The Doors "One To Five" and also the title of one of the bios on him in the eighties. Expression goes back a ways, but Morrison seems most attributed to the quote.
"Five to one, baby One in five
No one here gets out alive,"

With his passing not that long before these sessions, seems like a nod to the lizard king to me cool smiley

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: September 5, 2020 21:23

MisterDDDD
A bit of a stretch perhaps, but is this a bit of nod to Jim Morrison in the lyrics?

" ..want to make the biggest splash.. and "Get Out of Here Alive"..

A lyric in The Doors "One To Five" and also the title of one of the bios on him in the eighties. Expression goes back a ways, but Morrison seems most attributed to the quote.
"Five to one, baby One in five
No one here gets out alive,"

With his passing not that long before these sessions, seems like a nod to the lizard king to me cool smiley

There’s a nod to Helen, too. And I’m not just saying that as a USC alum.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 5, 2020 22:35

Helen ?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 5, 2020 23:13

You know ... that girl from Troy

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1207
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home