Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick & Keith interview - Rolling Stone, September 3
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2020 03:40

Yep ... drip feed the info slowly ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 8, 2020 04:00

MelBelli
Patrick Doyle’s interviews with the guys are always great. But to have KR Riff Cousins personally brought to Keith’s attention? I. Am. Stoked!

KR ignored the question

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 8, 2020 04:01

KRiffhard
"...I think we have five, six, or seven tracks we’ve sort of slowly been putting together, and right now, as I say, if this thing’s going to go on, maybe we should think about putting them out in another way"

...in another way? confused smiley
So no new album and something like "Living in a ghost town"?

Like U2 only via email.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 8, 2020 04:02

Stoneage
"At his home in Europe". Why be so specific? Why not his home on planet Earth?

They could've been a bit more specific, like, "at his home not far from the Arctic Circle".

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 8, 2020 04:08

Rip This
MelBelli
Patrick Doyle’s interviews with the guys are always great. But to have KR Riff Cousins personally brought to Keith’s attention? I. Am. Stoked!

KR ignored the question

Pretty much. As “Ghost Town” was very likely 100% Mick, I’m not sure he understood what chords Doyle was referring to.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 8, 2020 06:02

black n blue
Thanks nice post, my folks are 94, and 93 and say FU to a mask.

Yes. In Japan, everyone wears masks so transmission rate is low, but there are stubborn old people who won’t wear masks, or keep going to gambling dens, and then they die. In Japan we have the saying “Shoga Nai” or “it can’t be helped” they are old and not capable of learning. But, I think that old people are quite wise and fully understand that they are no longer contributing to society, and so they no reason to wear masks and delay their passage to the next world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-08 06:08 by drbryant.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 8, 2020 06:13

Speaking of masks, did everyone get the email with the new "tongue logo" masks? Boy, these guys NEVER miss an opportunity to make a few bucks.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 8, 2020 08:48

drbryant
Speaking of masks, did everyone get the email with the new "tongue logo" masks? Boy, these guys NEVER miss an opportunity to make a few bucks.

They never been shy to make a 'few' bucks from merchandise, but seemingly since UMG also taking care of it (renewed deal of 2018), they really bombing us with all of that stuff, including the new store in London. It is really getting heavy with all that tongue stuff. And let us be ready that is the trend we better used to now and in future. The Stones really are more like a brand than a band now. It is what it is.

- Doxa

Date: September 8, 2020 09:04

MelBelli

Well-deserved! thumbs up

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: September 8, 2020 09:21

Keith is on the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2 at 8.30 today. I’m sure that it will be available on the BBC Sounds app later, not sure how that works outside of the UK though.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2020 10:32

Scooby
Keith is on the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2 at 8.30 today. I’m sure that it will be available on the BBC Sounds app later, not sure how that works outside of the UK though.

The podcasts will be available on their website as well. [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 8, 2020 11:04

Doxa
drbryant

They never been shy to make a 'few' bucks from merchandise, but seemingly since UMG also taking care of it (renewed deal of 2018), they really bombing us with all of that stuff, including the new store in London. It is really getting heavy with all that tongue stuff. And let us be ready that is the trend we better used to now and in future. The Stones really are more like a brand than a band now. It is what it is.

- Doxa

With all the kids I see wearing the Tongue logo on their shirts, they probably earn more money selling merch than music these days. The kids don't know the Tongue is actually a Rolling Stones logo or that the RS is even a band.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 8, 2020 12:09

The interview
[youtu.be]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 8, 2020 21:53

I thought the Satisfaction riff from Keith falling asleep with a cassette recorder, happened in Florida ..?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 8, 2020 21:58

Just listened to the interview and I liked it.

Really nice to hear Keiths' unique voice and just being the Keith we all love to hear from. thumbs up

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 8, 2020 22:49

Blimey. Glad I saw these pics. Already sorted tomoz afternoon off with a medical appointment (bullsheet) was gonna head up to the smoke for a shopping trip.

Thought it was at least have music racks n such

Ah well, more beer tokens for me.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 9, 2020 01:07

drbryant

Many if not most bands/artists/venues are doing that these days. It's an obvious marketing opportunity--sell people stuff they need anyway, make some money at a time when bands can't make their usual income from touring, and get free publicity every time someone looks at the mask. Plus it underscores support for mask-wearing. I can't think of any downsides.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 9, 2020 03:07

drbryant

Yes. In Japan, everyone wears masks so transmission rate is low, but there are stubborn old people who won’t wear masks, or keep going to gambling dens, and then they die. In Japan we have the saying “Shoga Nai” or “it can’t be helped” they are old and not capable of learning. But, I think that old people are quite wise and fully understand that they are no longer contributing to society, and so they no reason to wear masks and delay their passage to the next world.

Are you frickin' serious? Too much to disagree with here to start, at least in the US.
What kind of doc are you, anyway? To paraphrase the song, "I used to love you, but it's all over now."

I have not seen so much ageism expressed, ever, since the covid.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: September 9, 2020 05:42

KRiffhard
"...I think we have five, six, or seven tracks we’ve sort of slowly been putting together, and right now, as I say, if this thing’s going to go on, maybe we should think about putting them out in another way"

...in another way? confused smiley
So no new album and something like "Living in a ghost town"?

Surely they have more in the archives? There's ~ 100-120 songs never released & not on boots (according to Nico Z., Felix A., & dbboots lists + other minor sources).

Additionally there's ~20-30 early live tracks (62/63/early '64) that aren't on boots or officially released...most of these were likely not recorded.

So ~120-150 remaining total...plus the 5-7 new tracks.

I'd be happy if they just did instrumentals on all 120-150, with vocals on a few select ones that don't strain Mick's voice too much (compromising the quality).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 9, 2020 11:17

Christiaan
The interview
[youtu.be]

Thanks !

So now it seems "Keith's basement" has become a reality [youtu.be] !

I'm surprised Keith didn't mention his "three dynamite riffs" [youtu.be] !

Keith doesn't remember "All The Rage", haha, looks like he didn't (again) get the memo about Mick writing new lyrics [youtu.be]

As for all this talk about "not being able to work on the new album", surely they have the means to make top notch recordings without being in the same room, no ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-09 11:25 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 9, 2020 11:45

Rip This
MelBelli

KR ignored the question

I didn't know who Riff Cousins was. I am looking him up right now on YouTube, but which episode is the one with Ghost Town? Anyone know?

Date: September 9, 2020 13:59

matxil
Rip This
MelBelli

KR ignored the question

I didn't know who Riff Cousins was. I am looking him up right now on YouTube, but which episode is the one with Ghost Town? Anyone know?

Scroll down a bit: [iorr.org]

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 9, 2020 14:26

DandelionPowderman
matxil
Rip This
MelBelli

KR ignored the question

Scroll down a bit: [iorr.org]

Cheers! I got it, cool, thanks.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 9, 2020 19:17

dcba
bye bye johnny
Extended Q & A from Mick's Rolling Stone interview

Am I the only one with the feeling that Mick's far more honest and far less "Chesire cat" than he was in the past. When you read interviews yo'd always have the impression he was wrapping himself in a fog of semi-lies, half-sincere "confessions" and straight PR.
Oh yeah for sure like the charm of Mick . Who knows maybe the heart scare , maybe COVID-19 ? Mick seems more candid of late , which is nice for him to let his guard down a bit and open up . I know as I type this I can only imagine the absurdity of what I just typed .

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: September 9, 2020 20:04

bye bye johnny
Goats Heads Soup heavy of course, but Mick and Keith talk with Rolling Stone's Patrick Doyle about a few other things as well.
--

By Patrick Doyle
September 3, 2020

Mick Jagger got a call from his

In which issue of Rolling Stone magazine was this interview published? Thank you very much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-09 20:05 by elmod.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: September 9, 2020 23:56

jbwelda
They actually used that photo with Keef flaunting his needle marks. Thats wild.

jb

It's vaccination mark.

Date: September 10, 2020 14:33

Bob C.
jbwelda
They actually used that photo with Keef flaunting his needle marks. Thats wild.

jb

It's vaccination mark.

Nope. He used to shoot it in the muscles, instead of in his veins (check out Life).

No vaccine makes those kind of marks.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 10, 2020 15:04

But why shoot in the muscles? Isn't that missing the mark? Isn't it more effective to shoot a smaller dose straight in the bloodstream?

Date: September 10, 2020 15:14

Stoneage
But why shoot in the muscles? Isn't that missing the mark? Isn't it more effective to shoot a smaller dose straight in the bloodstream?

[www.kingcounty.gov]

Short version (from that site): shooting
into a vein may be more likely to cause serious long-term
illnesses like endocarditis. This is an infection of the
heart valves. It can do permanent damage to your heart.
It can also kill you. Injecting into a vein also increases
your risk of dying from an overdose. This is because the
dope gets to your heart, brain and other organs much
quicker than if you muscle or skin-pop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 15:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 10, 2020 15:28

Fast times at iorr.org, whoooh, the site has come alive again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 15:36 by noughties.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1229
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home