Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Paradiso show may 26 1995 out on vinyl November 6
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: September 1, 2020 15:35

Exclusive on orange vinyl The Rolling Stones releases The legendary Paradiso show in the Netherlands [t.co]

Re: Paradiso show may 26 1995 out on vinyl November 6
Date: September 1, 2020 15:37

Paradiso will show the legendary show on a big screen on November 5th [www.paradi.so]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 1, 2020 15:49

Nice!
Imo it was the best of the 4 club-shows.
More precisely Para-I was outstanding, Para-II was great, Olympia was good, Briton was a regular/"nothing special" affair.

Re: Paradiso-Show 26-May-1995 out on Vinyl - November 6
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 1, 2020 15:50

From [www.Platomania.nl] - [Platenzaak.nl] :

Concerto and Plato, in collaboration with Universal Music, release the legendary Stones concert in Paradiso (1995) on Vinyl 25 years later. It will be the first time that the full concert with 20 songs will be released as Double-LP. And because the exhibition 'The Rolling Stones - Unzipped' is coming to the Groninger Museum in November, the release will be on special orange coloured Vinyl! 'Totally Stripped: Live At The Paradiso Amsterdam 1995' will be released on 180 gram orange Double-Vinyl in a very Limited Edition of 3000 pieces. The release will be released on November 6th and will only be available in the shops of Concerto and Plato and online via www.platomania.nl and platenzaak.nl.

In 1995 there was a true Rolling Stones fever in the Netherlands. It was already known that the band would give open air and stadium concerts in Nijmegen, Landgraaf and Rotterdam that year as part of their big Voodoo Lounge tour, but in May it suddenly appeared that the gentlemen had secretly hired the Amsterdam Paradiso for the so-called Stripped project. They played undressed, sober versions of their songs in an intimate setting. In the former church on the Weteringschans they rehearsed for a week and eventually performed twice in front of an audience - a unique opportunity to see the band play in such a small setting. The recordings of the first concert, on 26 May 1995, can be found on the album. The second concert a day later was broadcast live on a screen on the Museumplein at the time, attracting an estimated 50,000 to 80,000 people. This visit of the band to our capital is still etched in the memory of many a fan.

The Rolling Stones Unzipped - Groninger Museum

'The Rolling Stones - Unzipped' can be visited in the Groninger Museum from 14 November 2020 to 28 February 2021. This exhibition gives an exceptionally extensive insight into 50 years of the band's history by means of more than 400 original objects from the personal archives of the band members. In the museum you can see for example instruments and stage designs, but also personal diaries, iconic costumes, posters, album covers and much more! Ticket sales will start on 1 October. Go to www.groningermuseum.nl for more information.

5 November Totally Stripped on big screen in Paradiso

And there's more: loyal fans of the band can go back in time on 5 November: that day the video recordings of the concert will be shown on big screen in Paradiso. Entirely in line with the current corona measures, there will be two screenings that day. For more information and ticket sales go to the Paradiso site.

Tracklist

SIDE A
1 Not Fade Away
2 It’s All Over Now
3 Live With Me
4 Let It Bleed
5 Spider And The Fly

SIDE B
1 Beast Of Burden
2 Angie
3 Wild Horses
4 Sweet Virginia
5 Dead Flowers

SIDE C
1 Shine A Light
2 Like A Rolling Stone
3 Connection
4 Slipping Away
5 The Worst

SIDE D
1 Gimme Shelter
2 All Down The Line
3 Respectable
4 Rip This Joint
5 Street Fighting Man

Date: 1-09-2020

€34.99 - MAX 1 COPY PER CUSTOMER - All other orders will be cancelled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-01 15:55 by Irix.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 1, 2020 16:42

Bought one

Rod

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 1, 2020 16:57

Moneymakers. Colored vinyl...
Give us normal box with CDs.
PS. I know that one can download this concert from qobuz, but I prefer to have it as physical media.

Date: September 1, 2020 17:05

ironbelly

Moneymakers. Colored vinyl...
Give us normal box with CDs.

And finally the 27-May-1995 Show .... winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 1, 2020 17:49

I need to get a second job, and a new house with an especially large media room.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: September 1, 2020 17:52

treaclefingers
I need to get a second job, and a new house with an especially large media room.

Same.

Date: September 1, 2020 18:02

Actually I was hoping that they were going to release the other Paradiso show which is still in the vaults instead of this vinyl release

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 1, 2020 18:09

Second show the 27th was even better I think. They were fantastic the 2nd show.But the first was great too. Hoping for a release of the 2nd show in the, not too far, future.

Date: September 2, 2020 00:20

The second show has also a great setlist.
[www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: September 2, 2020 00:34

Again we git totslly stripped
How many times we are suppose to buy the same

Deliver please a new brand album .this is what fans really want . I am really sick and tired of vaults and vaults with the warhorses . I will not buy any more.

Date: September 2, 2020 00:50

Mabru

The second show has also a great setlist.

You can compare it here: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: September 2, 2020 20:37

Can you imagineto see the same goals again and again in a football match. That is thw eay i feel abaut. Boring and bored . Vaults, pictutres , exhibits old bits. ....PLEASE JUST NRW MUSIC A DECENT NEW RECORD LIKE DYLAND NEIL YOUNG WHO....

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: September 2, 2020 23:15

i might get it so i can PAY not to hear Miss You again in the setlist.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 2, 2020 23:40

I ordered one, great to have this legendary Dutch concert in audio version, maybe it has a different mix for vinyl than the dvd/blu ray?

Date: September 3, 2020 00:50

GJV

I ordered one, great to have this legendary Dutch concert in audio version, maybe it has a different mix for vinyl than the dvd/blu ray?

Unlikely that they did for a Limited Edition of 3,000 pcs a new Mix. Except they'll do a worldwide release of 'Totally Stripped' on Vinyl at a later point in time.

The Vinyl could also have the same Mix as the Digital Download: [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] . Streaming: [open.Spotify.com] .

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 3, 2020 01:28

Not only the mix is different in the Download/Spotify edition but also the edits. For example the false start of Rip this Joint is missing in the blu ray but is there on CD and digital

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: September 4, 2020 06:09

Irix
From [www.Platomania.nl] - [Platenzaak.nl] :

€34.99 - MAX 1 COPY PER CUSTOMER - All other orders will be cancelled.

I'm not familiar with either of these web merchants. Can anyone recommend one over the other or are they both reliable? Thx.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 4, 2020 06:18

Unfortunately the postage to the USA was as much as the records, maybe more.

What is this about "Totally Stripped" released on vinyl? Isn't it already out there? Or do you mean an even more updated or expanded or something version?

jb

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 11:31

hockenheim95
Not only the mix is different in the Download/Spotify edition but also the edits. For example the false start of Rip this Joint is missing in the blu ray but is there on CD and digital

I'm sorry did I miss the CD edition of the Amsterdam show?

Date: September 4, 2020 11:35

jbwelda

What is this about "Totally Stripped" released on vinyl?

Released on Vinyl for the 1st time. It's only the Paradiso-Show from 26-May-1995, not to be confused with the 2016 Vinyl-2LP: [www.Discogs.com] or the original Stripped-Album on 2LP in 1995: [www.Discogs.com] .

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 4, 2020 11:49

Irix
jbwelda

What is this about "Totally Stripped" released on vinyl?

Released on Vinyl for the 1st time. It's only the Paradiso-Show from 26-May-1995.

And its orange because of the Unzipped expo in Groningen ( Netherlands)

There where also limited orange Bowie albums when the David Bowie expo ,at the same museum, took place

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 11:59

Anyone willing to share the Qobuz FLAC version of the Paradiso? I'm not willing to buy it one more time (I have the Ward CD of Paris if anyone is interested in sharing).

Date: September 4, 2020 12:05

GivenToFly15

I'm sorry did I miss the CD edition of the Amsterdam show?

Only Paris Olympia was released on DVD/BR+2CD - [WardRecords.com] - not Amsterdam Paradiso.

Japanese 4BR+2CD by WardRecords: [www.Discogs.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-04 12:25 by Irix.

Date: September 4, 2020 12:15

Roscoe

I'm not familiar with either of these web merchants. Can anyone recommend one over the other or are they both reliable?

If you visit the Unzipped-Exhibition in the Groninger Museum, there's also a Record-Store - [www.Platomania.nl] .

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 4, 2020 12:28

Irix
Roscoe

I'm not familiar with either of these web merchants. Can anyone recommend one over the other or are they both reliable?

If you visit the Unzipped-Exhibition in the Groninger Museum, there's also a Record-Store - [www.Platomania.nl] .

[platenzaak.nl]

Platenzaak is reliable , but hurry , it's sold out at Platomania smiling smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 4, 2020 12:30

Does orange vinyl sound much better comparing to black one?

Posted by: Vertigo05 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 13:02

When I want to go to payment on platenzaak.nl I always get redirected to shipping adress. Anyone have the same problem?

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home