Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Mick and cocaine
Date: August 31, 2020 16:47

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
Redhotcarpet
Neither did Ronnie. smiling smiley

Mick Taylor is the only Stone who gained weight.

Well...

Thomas Peter / Reuters

Not only the belly. Substantial I mean, and at a younger age.

Write that, then! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It's common knowledge amongst Stonesfans cool smiley

Date: August 31, 2020 17:07

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
Redhotcarpet
Neither did Ronnie. smiling smiley

Mick Taylor is the only Stone who gained weight.

Well...

Thomas Peter / Reuters

Not only the belly. Substantial I mean, and at a younger age.

Write that, then! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It's common knowledge amongst Stonesfans cool smiley

Substantial damage (to the body)? winking smiley

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: August 31, 2020 17:21

I read a circa 1980 interview with Mick that took place on a Sunday afternoon with, I think, Griel Marcus, wherein Mick poured a generous quantity of some powder on the cocktail table, lined it it up and snorted it without offering his guest any. As I recall the interviewer claimed to be relieved he was not asked to partake.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 31, 2020 17:52

I’d be very surprised if any of the Stones, other than possibly Keith, smoke cannabis. Mick’s surely very careful about what he puts in his body.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 31, 2020 17:55

rbk
I read a circa 1980 interview with Mick that took place on a Sunday afternoon with, I think, Griel Marcus, wherein Mick poured a generous quantity of some powder on the cocktail table, lined it it up and snorted it without offering his guest any. As I recall the interviewer claimed to be relieved he was not asked to partake.

Sounds very much like the anecdote circa 1977 told by Chet Flippo in his book.

Flippo also told the story of accompanying Keith in a raid over RS Records office one evening of 1980 in NY. Keith had just woken up and he was ready for his pulverulent "breakfast". Some of it he offered to Flippo who had to politely decline. "I'm not you". "Damn right" answered Keith, "nobody IS!"

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 31, 2020 18:32

Yeah I was wrong, a bunch of girl scouts, not boy scouts, thats what they are.

Ever notice the decline in decent music ever since they supposedly "quit"?

I certainly did. Its probably just a coincidence.

jb

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 31, 2020 19:12

MileHigh
whitem8
I'm sure most the stones still smoke the weed.

I kind of doubt that. Tons of people wean themselves off of weed when they get older. It's not fun anymore to get high on weed. It's boring, makes you listless, and puts you to sleep. It's just becomes an unwanted fog in your brain. Sometimes it causes really nasty headaches too.

It's certainly not like that when you are 18 though.
So you speak for everybody now do you ? It's not fun anymore to get high on weed - yes, it's actually better as the quality has increased dramatically with all of the different strains available now versus cheap crap from south of the US border . It's recreational in the same sense as a beer or a glass of wine or a mixed drink . With the different strains commercially available ( remember it has been legalized in many states and countries ) that there are different strains that can help you sleep , eat , or party some more . Nasty headaches ? - really - only the cheap crap from south of the border that wont give you a buzz and thus causes a headache . FYI - did you know that it comes in many different forms ? As in candy , as cannabis oil, as liquid honey for your tea ( that one is pretty nice ) Creams to help you with arthritis and joint pain . So many different forms and strengths . Don't believe me -just Google it and you will be amazed , shocked , scared and every other adjective in the book .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 31, 2020 19:41

TheGreek
MileHigh
whitem8

I kind of doubt that. Tons of people wean themselves off of weed when they get older. It's not fun anymore to get high on weed. It's boring, makes you listless, and puts you to sleep. It's just becomes an unwanted fog in your brain. Sometimes it causes really nasty headaches too.

So you speak for everybody now do you ? It's not fun anymore to get high on weed - yes, it's actually better as the quality has increased dramatically with all of the different strains available now versus cheap crap from south of the US border . It's recreational in the same sense as a beer or a glass of wine or a mixed drink . With the different strains commercially available ( remember it has been legalized in many states and countries ) that there are different strains that can help you sleep , eat , or party some more . Nasty headaches ? - really - only the cheap crap from south of the border that wont give you a buzz and thus causes a headache . FYI - did you know that it comes in many different forms ? As in candy , as cannabis oil, as liquid honey for your tea ( that one is pretty nice ) Creams to help you with arthritis and joint pain . So many different forms and strengths . Don't believe me -just Google it and you will be amazed , shocked , scared and every other adjective in the book .

My friend's wife works at a nearby dispensary (yes legal in California), and she brought this home for him the other night - pic posted on his facebook page:

KEEF!

Cannabis infused w/10 mg of THC...I bet it makes a mean root beer float - maybe the reason behind Keith's belly!
Evidently it's also available in 50 MG and 100MG medical strength! > eye popping smileydrinking smiley KEEF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-31 19:42 by Hairball.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 31, 2020 19:56

Guys, easy easy now... It's a no-no to discuss the use of drugs in personal or general level here.. Only related to the Stones... (well, maybe that 'Keef' is haha)... smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 31, 2020 20:08

Doxa
Guys, easy easy now... It's a no-no to discuss the use of drugs in personal or general level here.. Only related to the Stones... (well, maybe that 'Keef' is haha)... smoking smiley

- Doxa

Does the same hold true for pot? It's totally legal where I live, California. It's as legal as alcohol, and I don't think alcohol is banned here. I rarely smoke pot anymore. If so it's no more than a hit or two. It's not necessary to smoke more as the quality has risen dramatically. I prefer edibles. Yes, your head can be fuzzy next morning, but it usually passes. It's a once a week thing, not a career. Nothing like kicking back, putting on a Japanese SHM CD of Through the Past Darkly.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 31, 2020 20:15

24FPS, I don't think it is related being legal or not... If memory serves, there was a thread called 'what you are drinking now' or something to the effect, and it was closed down. But don't shoot the messenger here... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 31, 2020 20:24

Doxa
24FPS, I don't think it is related being legal or not... If memory serves, there was a thread called 'what you are drinking now' or something to the effect, and it was closed down. But don't shoot the messenger here... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Thread is well remembered ... the difference here is that the topic is simply on Stones past or current experiences.

Previous thread sorta slid sideways with members' experiences with own experiences of drugs used and their particular mental journeys through their experimentation or then current habits.

Nonetheless this thread should be closed. Any personal travel through drugs or alcohol should be kept personal and not a topic on iorr.org. .. Even if it is the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-31 20:26 by Chris Fountain.

Date: August 31, 2020 20:30

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-31 20:49 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 31, 2020 20:43

24FPS
That '94 interview. The reporter, Ed Bradley I believe, asked Mick about drugs. Mick said something to the effect that drugs were bad for him and that he quit. Ed asked him how long it took for him to figure that out. Mick looked at the camera, smiled, and said, "About twenty five years."

I get the feeling he started slowing down to begin with, knowing he couldn't put his body through coke and be good on stage. He also dropped cigarettes at some point. He is often seen with a cigarette in the 80s.

I've felt he was a cautious user. He certainly had Brian and Keith to remind him of where excess leads to. And he was certainly aware of his body, and what its limits were, growing up with a father who was a physical education instructor. I think he got bored with it. You can outgrow certain drugs. Coke gets to be rather pointless, unless you like gnashing your teeth and doing crossword puzzles at dawn.

So funny & great! 24 FPS: You made my evening!
And:A shame nobody wrote a book so far about the laughable, weird and sad things people do on snow.

Date: August 31, 2020 20:52

Hairball
TheGreek
MileHigh
whitem8

My friend's wife works at a nearby dispensary (yes legal in California), and she brought this home for him the other night - pic posted on his facebook page:

KEEF!

Cannabis infused w/10 mg of THC...I bet it makes a mean root beer float - maybe the reason behind Keith's belly!
Evidently it's also available in 50 MG and 100MG medical strength! > eye popping smileydrinking smiley KEEF
I had heard of this a-la Willie Nelson and his name brand strain .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 31, 2020 21:33

jbwelda

Ever notice the decline in decent music ever since they supposedly "quit"?

I certainly did. Its probably just a coincidence.

jb

Imo you're wrong. The UC and DW must have been rather heavy in terms of use (with Charlie joining the "party" whcih was new).
But they didnt produce anything stellar.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 31, 2020 22:11

I think Commander quit most things in the mid-nineties. I think Keith and Ron held out maybe ten years more. Now it seems like they have quit almost everything.
Even liquor and cigarettes. Bill quit cigarettes in 2009 due to COPD. Think of it: Have you ever seen an interview with Keith without the obligatory whisky glass in his hand?

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: August 31, 2020 22:50

It easily could be an act. Keef is very protective of his image. Like Dean Martin onstage holding a glass of tea looking like a booze.

Date: September 1, 2020 00:23

Maybe so, Mariuana. At the same time I see an obsession. A weakness in a way. He's clinging on to it like a kid to a pacifier. I think it's down to personality.
Keith is very shy to begin with. Insecure. The liquor helps him to relieve his insecurity. Too much amateur psychology for you?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 1, 2020 01:54

Even the press by 1981 was hyping jagger as a health nut

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 1, 2020 01:55

Well it looks like its paid off .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 1, 2020 02:11

Again ,the Stones eat healthy food, exercise, and get plenty of sleep. they are in tremendous shape! They also keep their minds sharp by watching Wheel of Fortune!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-01 02:58 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 1, 2020 05:30

slewan
I can't imagine that Jagger took any drugs after 1980 or drank anything but water…

I recall a Tattoo You interview, where the interviewer said Mick had a marijuana joint rolled up and stuck behind his ear.

swimtothemoon
I’m sure Mick has regrets for some past behavior. He is a much different person
today.

I'm willing to bet he doesn't - not the drug part anyway. Most I know that used it and quit loved it at the time and then moved on w/ no regrets.

Rockman
Well it looks like its paid off .......

Eggzactly!

Taylor1
Who cares?

Not me, but apparently many do!
I say let them all snort some lines if we could get another Sticky Fingers!

Date: September 1, 2020 17:22

Bob Dylan -Rainy Day Women no 12 & 35 [www.youtube.com])-

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 1, 2020 19:02

LeonidP

Of course you do, even if it kills him. Stadium tour too, pack em in.

Date: September 1, 2020 21:12

daspyknows
LeonidP

Kills him? Like before? ... oh wait, he's perfectly fine. (judgmental moron!)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 2, 2020 00:23

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP

Nah, you are the one who said let him snort some lines so you get something you want. Most people would be thankful he is clean so he doesn't drop dead of a heart attack.

Date: September 2, 2020 00:31

I have learnt a new expression though - coke jaw. Interesting.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 2, 2020 00:32

Mick Jagger looks very well, he seems to be in shape, his body has got tension.Until last year he entertained stadiums. But, respectfully, I wish to say, that he does not look like he has been sober for decades - if he had rejected any kind of substance in the last thirty years, he probably could not have performed in such a thrilling way.

Date: September 2, 2020 03:18

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP

Nah, you are the one who said let him snort some lines so you get something you want. Most people would be thankful he is clean so he doesn't drop dead of a heart attack.

He's his own person. He makes his own choices, despite what you think he should do. Maybe he wants to drink some pepsi instead of coke, but that is not healthy, perhaps he should get your permission first.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home