Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sympathy solo
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: August 27, 2020 00:49

Of course it’s Keith, but the chat is worth 17 m of your time!

[youtu.be]

C

Re: Sympathy solo
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 27, 2020 01:04

These guys are idiots.Of course it is Keith .Did they bother to listen toStray Cat Blues ? Same guitar.How about Sing this Altogeter , 2000 Manand The Lantern.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2020 01:13

Oh dear ... imagine being
locked in a room with these guys .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 27, 2020 01:16

I would like to ask that fool who does he think plays the solo on Bitch.He would probably say Mick Taylor

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 28, 2020 07:35

Yes, Keith!

At some point there was confusion that it was Eric Clapton, I can't recall if that was in the Tony Sanchez book - but to this day I still hear that from people (got in an argument w/ a Stones fan recently that refused to believe it was Keith and he still doesn't!)

Date: August 28, 2020 07:36

might have been Blondie ???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 28, 2020 17:01

more interesting: what does keith dislike so much about his great and easy to play original solo? why does he prefer to deliver atonal renditions of it for the past 30 years?

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 28, 2020 17:31

LeonidP
Yes, Keith!

At some point there was confusion that it was Eric Clapton, I can't recall if that was in the Tony Sanchez book - but to this day I still hear that from people (got in an argument w/ a Stones fan recently that refused to believe it was Keith and he still doesn't!)

Yeah, I hear that, too, from time to time, and discussed on the Internet Stones forums in Japan. Seems like a universal topic among fans.

But. Sympathy was recorded at the Olympic Studios in London, June 4-5, 8-10. During these dates, Cream were on intensive North American tour — they played in Vancouver on the 2nd, Toronto on the 5th, Detroit on the 7th-9th and Montreal on the 11th. How could Eric have been present in London? Case closed.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 28, 2020 17:36

RisingStone

Sympathy was recorded at the Olympic Studios in London, June 4-5, 8-10. During these dates, Cream were on intensive North American tour — they played in Vancouver on the 2nd, Toronto on the 5th, Detroit on the 7th-9th and Montreal on the 11th. How could Eric have been present in London? Case closed.

Dave Mason then?
(yes I'm pulling your leg) smoking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 28, 2020 17:44

GYYYYO solo is the best.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 28, 2020 17:46

dcba

Dave Mason then?
(yes I'm pulling your leg) smoking smiley

Only you know and I know.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 28, 2020 21:58

wow...these guys make money doing this? Oh man..........thats sad.....he also mentions Keith never recorded the satisfaction lick on a portable tape recorded in his sleep. He says it wasn't true becasue portable cassette players didnt exist. Keith just mention it was a portable. They had reel to reel portable players. He says he knew Glen Johns and hes good friends with Marlon but he's clueless I dont get it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-28 22:04 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: August 28, 2020 23:02

That's funny. Of course it's Keith. It's the world's easiest guitar solo to play. A monkey could play it. Hell, I can play it and I don't even know how to play guitar.

Date: August 28, 2020 23:03

.... any footage ?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 28, 2020 23:47

Bungo
That's funny. Of course it's Keith. It's the world's easiest guitar solo to play. A monkey could play it. Hell, I can play it and I don't even know how to play guitar.

Easy to say that now, but you probably couldn't have played it like Keith in 1968.

Date: August 29, 2020 00:31

A couple of the runs in there are more difficult than many might think.

A classic!

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: August 29, 2020 02:30

Isolated guitar solo [www.youtube.com]

Date: August 29, 2020 03:59

Is it possible it was Brian but everyone was so stoned that they forgot and thought it was Keith.All kidding aside,it’s of course Keith.But sometimes I think the lead guitar on Jumping Jack Flash is Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-29 04:34 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 29, 2020 04:47

Taylor1
Is it possible it was Brian but everyone was so stoned that they forgot and thought it was Keith.All kidding aside,it’s of course Keith.But sometimes I think the lead guitar on Jumping Jack Flash is Brian

What lead guitar? You mean the single note lick.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 29, 2020 11:03

Sympathy for The Devil: Rock And Roll circus 1968, Hyde Park 69

the first Philips Cassette Recorder 1963

Date: August 29, 2020 12:20

Listened to Sympathy heaps of times on me own .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 29, 2020 12:38

Cooltoplady
Taylor1

What lead guitar? You mean the single note lick.
Yes,that single note guitar.It sounds a little bit like Brian’s guitar on Get Off of My Cloud

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 29, 2020 12:41

Rockman
Listened to Sympathy heaps of times on me own .....

Yep same here

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: August 29, 2020 14:49

Rockman
might have been Blondie ???
It was around the time he was hidden under the stage, I heard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-29 14:49 by djgab.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 30, 2020 17:49

The thing with the solo is, not that I doubt it was Keith, but there's more notes in the opening phrase than seemingly most guitar players realise.

I have yet to see/hear anyone play that phrase the way it is on the record.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-30 17:51 by His Majesty.

Date: August 30, 2020 18:03

His Majesty
The thing with the solo is, not that I doubt it was Keith, but there's more notes in the opening phrase than seemingly most guitar players realise.

You can hear him 'getting there' in One Plus One, though.

Date: August 30, 2020 20:57

His Majesty

It's a great solo in the first place. The first phrase consists of 7 notes, as does the second, which is basically the same phrase, about one second per phrase. Very fast for Keith's standards. I found it out by listening on youtube at speed x 0,25. Played high on the neck and probably a bridge pickup and a lot of treble gives it even a faster feel.

Posted by: banditpanda ()
Date: September 1, 2020 07:30

Bungo

No it's not. No it couldn't and neither could you.
BP

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 1, 2020 08:12

banditpanda
Bungo

No it's not. No it couldn't and neither could you.
BP
I was gonna say lol. I also can't play but try to and its not as easy of a solo as you think. I get it in the pantheon but thats really dumbing it down to a crazy degree.

Also, why would anyone even question its Keith when the one on Rock And Roll Circus is close enough and on video. I know its different, but its the same style of playing then and unmistakably Keith. And I say Keith at his best. Not overly complicated but just note perfect, but thats Keith.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 1, 2020 08:59

I think many forget that before he discovered open-g and became the ‘riff master’, he was known to be a pretty nifty lead-guitarist. Those early LP’s are littered with blistering solos.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home