Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: OT- Van Morrison launches a campaign to “save live music”
Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:45

daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Several of us had it already including myself. Luckily for us nobody in our direct group has had serious effects, no hospitalizations, etc. As for idea of 'safe' it's a balance, no one wants to die now, but we're not prepared to live a life of paranoia either.

What does that even mean?
Seems like you may throw everyone who wears a mask, follows the guidelines, etc into that category.

Also not sure how different living a "life of paranoia" is from the life you live being "non-paranoid".. I guess?

Still can't go to events, still have to slog on a mask to do everyday things like grocery shopping, bus riding etc.
So you hang maskless with a group of "several" fellow non-paranoid Einsteins who got it and had no serious side affects, but likely passed it on to some who have?

Sounds brilliant.
Yeah if COVID-19 doesn't kill you it can destroy your heart and lungs and leave you significantly weakend with a serious worsened quality of life .That is what grabs my attention , that if it doesn't kill you , your heart and lungs and respiratory is seriously compromised . Quality of Life is what it's all about !

THAT (and lots of other issues) is what all the... morons are ignoring when they say 99% survival rate.

Unfortunately those who shouldn't get it are exposed by the covidiots and covidiots keep walking around saying its no big deal because they didn't get a serious case. Someone I know's brother was like that. He needed to go out to hang with his buddies driving while his wife was really careful. He caught it and brought it home to his wife and kid. She has been really sick for weeks he now he feels like an idiot.

Covidiots? Nice, running out of proper Arguments, aren't you? Lets just agree to disagree..

Nope, not running out of proper arguments. If the shoe fits, wear it.

[www.health.com]

If that makes you happy, so be it. Insulting other people just because they express an opinion you might Not like, is Not only poor Taste, but speaks volumes about the ability to handle diffrent approaches. I wish you Courage and a more optimistic perspective.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 3, 2020 23:15

calipachangero
daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Several of us had it already including myself. Luckily for us nobody in our direct group has had serious effects, no hospitalizations, etc. As for idea of 'safe' it's a balance, no one wants to die now, but we're not prepared to live a life of paranoia either.

Seems like you may throw everyone who wears a mask, follows the guidelines, etc into that category.

Also not sure how different living a "life of paranoia" is from the life you live being "non-paranoid".. I guess?

Still can't go to events, still have to slog on a mask to do everyday things like grocery shopping, bus riding etc.
So you hang maskless with a group of "several" fellow non-paranoid Einsteins who got it and had no serious side affects, but likely passed it on to some who have?

Sounds brilliant.
Yeah if COVID-19 doesn't kill you it can destroy your heart and lungs and leave you significantly weakend with a serious worsened quality of life .That is what grabs my attention , that if it doesn't kill you , your heart and lungs and respiratory is seriously compromised . Quality of Life is what it's all about !

THAT (and lots of other issues) is what all the... morons are ignoring when they say 99% survival rate.

Unfortunately those who shouldn't get it are exposed by the covidiots and covidiots keep walking around saying its no big deal because they didn't get a serious case. Someone I know's brother was like that. He needed to go out to hang with his buddies driving while his wife was really careful. He caught it and brought it home to his wife and kid. She has been really sick for weeks he now he feels like an idiot.

Covidiots? Nice, running out of proper Arguments, aren't you? Lets just agree to disagree..

[www.health.com]

If that makes you happy, so be it. Insulting other people just because they express an opinion you might Not like, is Not only poor Taste, but speaks volumes about the ability to handle diffrent approaches. I wish you Courage and a more optimistic perspective.

Sorry, but when people are being stupid about Covid 19 I am going to say something. Come tell us how it went if/when you catch it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-03 23:16 by daspyknows.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 4, 2020 01:14

Dead.

jb

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 4, 2020 06:59

I have my opinion on Clapton where I always considered both him and his music too boring/bland to get more involved. His little cameo on the most recent Stones record again reinforced my non-opinion on him. It's the first time I hear about his ramblings at the Birmingham concert and though I know he's been a longtime alcoholic I don't really see any way to walk back with your integrity once you have made such a scene. All the more impressive how the music press managed to somehow keep him happening. Anyway my question which comes up in that regard must have been asked and answered before: Did that incident inspire Roger Waters for his In The Flesh Reprise lyrics and the whole Surrogate Band live act? It seems almost impossible that there isn't a connection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-04 07:04 by Nikkei.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 4, 2020 08:17

Nikkei
I have my opinion on Clapton where I always considered both him and his music too boring/bland to get more involved. His little cameo on the most recent Stones record again reinforced my non-opinion on him. It's the first time I hear about his ramblings at the Birmingham concert and though I know he's been a longtime alcoholic I don't really see any way to walk back with your integrity once you have made such a scene. All the more impressive how the music press managed to somehow keep him happening. Anyway my question which comes up in that regard must have been asked and answered before: Did that incident inspire Roger Waters for his In The Flesh Reprise lyrics and the whole Surrogate Band live act? It seems almost impossible that there isn't a connection.

Not a fan of Pink Floyd in particular therefore my knowledge about them is limited overall (Saw the Momentary Lapse of Reason show as well as Roger Waters’ In The Flesh, Wall Live and Us + Them shows, respectively). That being said, I have never come across interpretations of the lyrics of In The Flesh Reprise and the so-called Surrogate Band in relation to Clapton’s Birmingham incident. Clapton famously joined Waters’ Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking tour in 1984 and played the guitar, which included In The Flesh on the setlist. I doubt Waters would have picked the song for the show that featured Clapton as the star player if your assumption was correct.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: December 4, 2020 14:33

The song is on YouTube from Clapton and Van Morrison

[youtu.be]

Date: December 4, 2020 14:53

The lyrics...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 4, 2020 15:15

Nice performance by EC.

Lyrics by Van... pure garbage.
Anytime someone uses slavery to compare tp their non-slavery situation = supreme ignorance.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 4, 2020 16:26

MisterDDDD
Nice performance by EC.

Anytime someone uses slavery to compare tp their non-slavery situation = supreme ignorance.

Amen. As has been said, it's one thing to fundraise for the struggling music industry, it's quite another to be anti-lockdown and then to come compare said lockdown to slavery.

Supreme ignorance indeed. And really, supreme privilege. What a jackass. I'll still love Moondance, Tupelo Honey, the band Them, etc., as well as Clapton's classic stuff, but zero support for either of these selfish clowns going forward.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 4, 2020 19:47

Damn nice tune - good to hear Eric in good spirits both in his guitar playing and vocals.
Overall has that classic Slowhand sound with a JJ Cale type vibe ( see After Midnight, The Road to Escondido album, etc.), yet the lyrics are clearly misguided.
This bodes well though for any future Clapton recordings and live appearances...glad he's keeping busy, and he's sounding great.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 4, 2020 22:01

MisterDDDD
Nice performance by EC.

Wow, talk about a stretch. The words "free" and "slave" are common, they can be used outside the "slavery" context, as they clearly are in the song. Jesus.

I applaud both Van and Eric! Nice performance indeed, you can hear the passion about their message!

Date: December 4, 2020 22:21

^ What context do you view slave?

Date: December 4, 2020 22:23

Like it, don't like.
Agree with the message, don't agree with the message.

But for chrissakes don't start trying to redefine words over it.. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

For those that haven't heard it and want to, I wouldn't wait too long.
Shites being taken down all over.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 4, 2020 23:57

Sounds better with each listen - great musicians and great guitar from Eric!
But again, the lyrics are a bit of a mess and misguided from Sir Van the Man even though I do respect his right to freedom of speech.
Easy enough to block out the lyrics though for those who can't tolerate them, and focus on and enjoy the overall fantastic musicianship.thumbs up

Date: December 5, 2020 01:22

daspyknows

You don't have a dictionary?

Stones used it to: "Don't Wanna Be Your Slave". Wow, the gall of them, I will never listen to the Stones again.

Date: December 5, 2020 02:08

Meh I have plenty of music to listen to without polluting my life with this lot.

jb

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 5, 2020 03:26

LeonidP
daspyknows

Stones used it to: "Don't Wanna Be Your Slave". Wow, the gall of them, I will never listen to the Stones again.

Wow. Are you serious? You're actually serious, aren't you? Saying "don't wanna be your slave" does nothing to take away what it means to be a slave. But saying slavery is the same as taking action to help people. Really? It's literally life saving measures and precautions during a pandemic and calling THAT slavery, and you don't see the difference? I hope you are baiting and you're not actually seriously failing to see the difference. The word "slave" is common, you said earlier. Yes, yes it is. And it has meaning. Seems the Stones have a pretty good sense of what it means. Eric and Van, and seemingly you...not so much.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-05 03:55 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2020 03:44

daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.

[www.health.com]

Sorry, but when people are being stupid about Covid 19 I am going to say something. Come tell us how it went if/when you catch it.

calipachangero, feel free to explain a bit more in regard to whatever "proper arguments" is about. Perhaps I missed something but covidiots abound and, lately, they have a tendency to not only believe in conspiracies but add to them and run their mouths.

MisterDDDD, the use of the word "opinion" has basically become as antiquated as and the same as the word "believe": there are a lot of wrong opinions lately. As in, politically bent and scientifically ignorant. Hence covidiots. Covidiots are the people that say breathing in your own CO2 is dangerous, that wearing a mask is some kind of strike against their liberty, that wearing a mask weakens your immune system, that wearing a mask is pointless, that wearing a mask makes you a puppet and on and on and on. People getting in fights because of being asked or told to wear a mask is past ridiculous. The Karens of the world are dumbly loud. The selfishness of covidiots is the major reason why it continues to spread.

Deliberate arrogant willful ignorance, no different than flat Earthers or chemtrailers, because of belief based on lies being spouted, tweeted, broadcast, regurgitated, as well as the butthurt behavior of acting like someone took their bucket away in the sandbox because people that are careful and care are somehow a threat.

Did you read about the swingers convention in New Orleans? How out of touch can people be? The swingers convention is a perfect example. It's as archaic and out of touch as Van Morrison is with his idiot lyrics in this boring yawn of a song that sounds like rich people complaining, unoriginally, or perhaps original for 1918, about not being able to make their rich money.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 5, 2020 04:28

GasLightStreet
daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.

[www.health.com]

calipachangero, feel free to explain a bit more in regard to whatever "proper arguments" is about. Perhaps I missed something but covidiots abound and, lately, they have a tendency to not only believe in conspiracies but add to them and run their mouths.

MisterDDDD, the use of the word "opinion" has basically become as antiquated as and the same as the word "believe": there are a lot of wrong opinions lately. As in, politically bent and scientifically ignorant. Hence covidiots. Covidiots are the people that say breathing in your own CO2 is dangerous, that wearing a mask is some kind of strike against their liberty, that wearing a mask weakens your immune system, that wearing a mask is pointless, that wearing a mask makes you a puppet and on and on and on. People getting in fights because of being asked or told to wear a mask is past ridiculous. The Karens of the world are dumbly loud. The selfishness of covidiots is the major reason why it continues to spread.

Deliberate arrogant willful ignorance, no different than flat Earthers or chemtrailers, because of belief based on lies being spouted, tweeted, broadcast, regurgitated, as well as the butthurt behavior of acting like someone took their bucket away in the sandbox because people that are careful and care are somehow a threat.

Did you read about the swingers convention in New Orleans? How out of touch can people be? The swingers convention is a perfect example. It's as archaic and out of touch as Van Morrison is with his idiot lyrics in this boring yawn of a song that sounds like rich people complaining, unoriginally, or perhaps original for 1918, about not being able to make their rich money.

I just got into it with an old friend of mine. Selfish, selfish, selfish. And I guaranty the majority of these people consider themselves pro-life.

Date: December 5, 2020 07:12

LeonidP
daspyknows

Yeah I have a dictionary and google.

What is the definition of being a slave?
noun. a person legally owned by another and having no freedom of action or right to property. a person who is forced to work for another against his will. a person under the domination of another person or some habit or influencea slave to television. a person who works in harsh conditions for low pay.

My thought is you have no issue with the first one. You come across as that type of person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-05 07:16 by daspyknows.

Date: December 5, 2020 08:57

A man said he looked pretty ill.

jb

Date: December 5, 2020 22:33

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows

noun. a person legally owned by another and having no freedom of action or right to property. a person who is forced to work for another against his will. a person under the domination of another person or some habit or influencea slave to television. a person who works in harsh conditions for low pay.

My thought is you have no issue with the first one. You come across as that type of person.

Are you not following? This is in regards to criticism of they using the words "slave" and calling it an insult to slavery. Stones use the same word in basically the same context, is what I am pointing out.

To say that I condone owning a person is extreme douchebagary on your part, but that is typical.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: December 6, 2020 00:40

Nikkei

His ramblings from 45 years ago?

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: December 6, 2020 00:45

steffialicia
GasLightStreet
daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.

[www.health.com]

I just got into it with an old friend of mine. Selfish, selfish, selfish. And I guaranty the majority of these people consider themselves pro-life.

Agreed. Protesting/rioting in the millions and also celebrating election wins is selfish as hell. You would agree correct?

Date: December 6, 2020 05:56

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows

Are you not following? This is in regards to criticism of they using the words "slave" and calling it an insult to slavery. Stones use the same word in basically the same context, is what I am pointing out.

To say that I condone owning a person is extreme douchebagary on your part, but that is typical.

Twisting it all around as usual. No different from your Covid POV.

Date: December 6, 2020 07:07

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows

Twisting what around? Can you not read? I stated what it was about, you did the twisting.

And since you can't comprehend what it even means to twist something around ... my covid POV is simply not the same as yours. How is that twisting anything around?

Date: December 6, 2020 07:41

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows

Twisting what around? Can you not read? I stated what it was about, you did the twisting.

And since you can't comprehend what it even means to twist something around ... my covid POV is simply not the same as yours. How is that twisting anything around?

So is your position on slavery. I am against it.

Date: December 6, 2020 08:20

Lets discuss Brown Sugar...it is a bit less ambiguous about the subject. But, alas, that is not the topic of this thread, now is it?

jb

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 6, 2020 15:14

stanlove
steffialicia
GasLightStreet
daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
calipachangero
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.

[www.health.com]

Agreed. Protesting/rioting in the millions and also celebrating election wins is selfish as hell. You would agree correct?

I was going to come back at you but this is a time for healing. That being said, I can't simply agree to disagree when it comes to masks, distancing and doing whatever it takes to keep people from getting ill or dying. Thankfully, the vaccine is on its way but it is not here yet. In good conscience, we all need to do these very simple things to improve the situation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-06 15:41 by steffialicia.

Date: December 6, 2020 15:45

stanlove

Fortunately, this doesn't come down to opinion.
Data is long in, and the protesting didn't cause any spikes.
The spontaneous dancing in the streets(!!!) didn't either.

Why the Black Lives Matter Protests Didn’t Contribute to the COVID-19 Surge

*There isn’t evidence that Black Lives Matter protests have led to a noticeable increase in COVID-19 cases, despite early concerns from health officials.

*The reasons for the lack of transmission likely have to do with the protesters being outside in the wind and sun and most of them wearing masks.

*People who attend other outdoor events, such as going to the beach or a ball game, tend to share indoor facilities like bathrooms, shops, and restaurants.
[www.healthline.com]

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home