Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: OT- Van Morrison launches a campaign to “save live music”
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 30, 2020 00:32

daspyknows
^ Tell me how you are going to be safe. This I've got to hear.

I wear my mask, keep distance in public. By 'safe' I mean being respectful of others in public, i.e. their perception of safe ... nothing is truly safe, except like you living in isolation.

Yesterday:
We had a couple over for coffee.
A bit later, I went w/ a friend on a 15 mile bike ride, then still sweaty we rode to a craft brewery for outdoor seating and had a beer (no masks, though the workers did).
Later, we went to a friends house, they made us a spaghetti dinner, we hung out for coffee & snacks afterwards, no masks.

Today:
A friend and his son stopped by, we sat outside for a bit, then when we got to cold, we came in and had lunch, no masks.
In a few minutes, we're going to relatives for our regular Sunday dinner, no masks.

It's great! What did you do, sit in the corner and meditate alone?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 30, 2020 01:39

LeonidP
daspyknows

I wear my mask, keep distance in public. By 'safe' I mean being respectful of others in public, i.e. their perception of safe ... nothing is truly safe, except like you living in isolation.

Yesterday:
A bit later, I went w/ a friend on a 15 mile bike ride, then still sweaty we rode to a craft brewery for outdoor seating and had a beer (no masks, though the workers did).
Later, we went to a friends house, they made us a spaghetti dinner, we hung out for coffee & snacks afterwards, no masks.

Today:
A friend and his son stopped by, we sat outside for a bit, then when we got to cold, we came in and had lunch, no masks.
In a few minutes, we're going to relatives for our regular Sunday dinner, no masks.

You killed thousands, if not millions! Reported.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 30, 2020 01:47

LeonidP
daspyknows

Yesterday:

Today:

Hung out with my son. He goes to school online so neither of us has the urgent need to go out. Today we watched football used the smoker to cook some amazing food. Had a couple friend stop by for some of the bbq. We all wore masks and hung out outside.

If that is your idea of safe, good luck. I'd take the odds someone in your circle will get infected and share it. That would really suck lol.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 30, 2020 01:52

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows

Yesterday:

Today:

Hung out with my son. He goes to school online so neither of us has the urgent need to go out. Today we watched football used the smoker to cook some amazing food. Had a couple friend stop by for some of the bbq. We all wore masks and hung out outside.

If that is your idea of safe, good luck. I'd take the odds someone in your circle will get infected and share it. That would really suck lol.

LOL and if no one gets sick? Justice denied, right?

Date: November 30, 2020 01:56

bleedingman
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows

Yesterday:

Today:

LOL and if no one gets sick? Justice denied, right?

Means its only a matter of time.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 30, 2020 02:30

Clapton has talked about it. He was heavy into drugs, that's no mystery. That's no excuse but it probably, or very likely, or was because of the drugs and alcohol had a heavy influence on his... decision making, especially when you look at his timeline back then in general.

Maybe he had a bad day. Maybe he hated himself. Maybe it was a bad week or month or year. People change. Something he said in 1976 while off his head? Is there anything else he said any other times? It's just this one thing?

If it's set Twitter etc afire, so what. That doesn't mean anything. The next rage will appear about how someone didn't close the drapes while they drank their tea the wrong way.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 30, 2020 13:39

Calling people wogs and coons and urge them to go away because this is your white country is slightly different than drinking tea the wrong way.
He continued to endorse Powell, btw.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 30, 2020 14:05

Eric Clapton might have said something tasteless almost half a century ago - he apologized. Blaming him over and over again for a mistake is inappropriate. One can "endorse Powell" or not endorse Powell. This is a matter of opinion. In a democratic society everybody is free to have an opinion.

Date: November 30, 2020 14:08

windmelody
Eric Clapton might have said something tasteless almost half a century ago - he apologized. Blaming him over and over again for a mistake is inappropriate. One can "endorse Powell" or not endorse Powell. This is a matter of opinion. In a democratic society everybody is free to have an opinion.

Do you have a link?

EDIT: Found it!

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-30 14:09 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 30, 2020 14:25

In the movie "A life in twelve bars" he describes himself as "simple minded villager", he admits to have said awful things.

Date: November 30, 2020 14:31

windmelody

No, supporting racism (see Rivers of Blood speech) is not an opinion that should be tolerable.
But I’ll stop, it’s getting political.

Date: November 30, 2020 16:45

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows

Yesterday:

Today:

Several of us had it already including myself. Luckily for us nobody in our direct group has had serious effects, no hospitalizations, etc. As for idea of 'safe' it's a balance, no one wants to die now, but we're not prepared to live a life of paranoia either.

I know of 2 serious cases, an old neighbor of ours was 94, she died in a nursing home of "covid" though she was already dying and had dementia ... and a woman i used to work with, her husband had terrible fevers and was in the hospital about a week. I must know of about 15 others that tested positive with minimal symptoms, some had temporary lost of taste/smell, similar to me, and a few younger kids all that had almost no symptoms, i.e. they did mandatory testing for school and got positive results.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 30, 2020 17:20

LeonidP

Several of us had it already including myself. Luckily for us nobody in our direct group has had serious effects, no hospitalizations, etc. As for idea of 'safe' it's a balance, no one wants to die now, but we're not prepared to live a life of paranoia either.

What does that even mean?
Seems like you may throw everyone who wears a mask, follows the guidelines, etc into that category.

Also not sure how different living a "life of paranoia" is from the life you live being "non-paranoid".. I guess?

Still can't go to events, still have to slog on a mask to do everyday things like grocery shopping, bus riding etc.
So you hang maskless with a group of "several" fellow non-paranoid Einsteins who got it and had no serious side affects, but likely passed it on to some who have?

Sounds brilliant.

Date: November 30, 2020 17:37

BowieStone
Calling people wogs and coons and urge them to go away because this is your white country is slightly different than drinking tea the wrong way.

You missed the point, which is today, people get offended about the dumbest, smallest, stupidist, absurdist of absurd shit that doesn't happen to them and it's a call to arms while people actually doing awful things, like killing someone because they're "defending property" don't go to prison etc blah blah blah, 'Muricah and all that.

If Clapton were to say that now? He'd gain an even bigger following.

Date: November 30, 2020 17:44

GasLightStreet
BowieStone

You missed the point, which is today, people get offended about the dumbest, smallest, stupidist, absurdist of absurd shit that doesn't happen to them and it's a call to arms while people actually doing awful things, like killing someone because they're "defending property" don't go to prison etc blah blah blah, 'Muricah and all that.

In other words: I didn’t miss the point at all.
I don’t think racist comments are small ‘shit’ and we should get offended by it. It’s a felony where I live. As it’s suppose to be.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 1, 2020 05:45

BowieStone

I personally feel I can’t rule out the possibility the reporter of Clapton’s infamous “quote” did the job by writing down what the punters told him or her, rather than the candid verbatim account, a word for word transcription of what Clapton articulated on stage, based on the audio-recorded source. The obscurity of where it was published in the first place and who typed it out also makes me have some reservations about its validity.

Don’t get me wrong, I am certain Clapton made a racist remark along with the support for Enoch Powell that night, which is inexcusable. I’m afraid, though, I wonder if his statement might have been warped in some way or other by an inadequate way of putting it in words, especially when you consider the significance of the results his speech brought about in the music world and beyond, the impact it caused. A live tape — I’m sure someone taped the gig — would be the indisputable evidence.

Okay Clapton doesn’t publicly deny the quote himself, either — but most likely he doesn’t remember what he said in a drunken state, which was of common occurrence in the mid-70’s.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 1, 2020 06:06

I think he more or less said what he said on more than one occasion, if I recall the time correctly. It was not as they say, a one night stand. He was going on for some time and being quoted in one press or another frequently there for awhile. I think it was mainly aimed at Asians, from Pakistan and neighboring areas in the middle east.

But the current situation is way different; its a public health crisis and unless you are willing to take the weight of a million deaths on your shoulders, you should not be advocating large gatherings.

jb

Date: December 1, 2020 23:01

MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Seems like you may throw everyone who wears a mask, follows the guidelines, etc into that category...

Its pretty obvious what it means, but since you asked ... we're living our lives as normally as possible. Might someone get it and die? Yes, but we're taking the risk rather than sitting at home in isolation. Obviously if we're taking the risk, we don't feel that it is a huge risk as none of us wants to die. (if someone said, when you walk outside you will explode immediately, then I would probably not go outside ... that would be a huge risk).

As for the 'mask' ... again, i do wear them when it makes sense - in public etc. You can't wear them when you are dining or drinking, obviously.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 2, 2020 00:07

LeonidP

As for the 'mask' ... again, i do wear them when it makes sense - in public etc. You can't wear them when you are dining or drinking, obviously.

I wear the covering when it is legally obliging to do so; otherwise, no.

Date: December 3, 2020 07:30

BowieStone
GasLightStreet
BowieStone

In other words: I didn’t miss the point at all.
I don’t think racist comments are small ‘shit’ and we should get offended by it. It’s a felony where I live. As it’s suppose to be.

The bit about how people get so offended about the dumbest of things, because they blame everyone but themselves for their actions ie Karens, hence the tea bit: actual offensive stuff gets glossed over these days. In the United States, anyway. If racist comments were a felony in the US probably about 92% of the country would be in prison.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 3, 2020 14:06

MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Seems like you may throw everyone who wears a mask, follows the guidelines, etc into that category.

Also not sure how different living a "life of paranoia" is from the life you live being "non-paranoid".. I guess?

Still can't go to events, still have to slog on a mask to do everyday things like grocery shopping, bus riding etc.
So you hang maskless with a group of "several" fellow non-paranoid Einsteins who got it and had no serious side affects, but likely passed it on to some who have?

Sounds brilliant.
Yeah if COVID-19 doesn't kill you it can destroy your heart and lungs and leave you significantly weakend with a serious worsened quality of life .That is what grabs my attention , that if it doesn't kill you , your heart and lungs and respiratory is seriously compromised . Quality of Life is what it's all about !

Date: December 3, 2020 16:26

TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.
Yeah if COVID-19 doesn't kill you it can destroy your heart and lungs and leave you significantly weakend with a serious worsened quality of life .That is what grabs my attention , that if it doesn't kill you , your heart and lungs and respiratory is seriously compromised . Quality of Life is what it's all about !

THAT (and lots of other issues) is what all the... morons are ignoring when they say 99% survival rate.

Date: December 3, 2020 17:23

GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.

THAT (and lots of other issues) is what all the... morons are ignoring when they say 99% survival rate.
I am very sensitive to Cardiac and Pulmonary and Respiratory issues . That in and of it self grabs my attention.

Date: December 3, 2020 18:35

GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.

Unfortunately those who shouldn't get it are exposed by the covidiots and covidiots keep walking around saying its no big deal because they didn't get a serious case. Someone I know's brother was like that. He needed to go out to hang with his buddies driving while his wife was really careful. He caught it and brought it home to his wife and kid. She has been really sick for weeks he now he feels like an idiot.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: December 3, 2020 19:13

daspyknows
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.

Unfortunately those who shouldn't get it are exposed by the covidiots and covidiots keep walking around saying its no big deal because they didn't get a serious case. Someone I know's brother was like that. He needed to go out to hang with his buddies driving while his wife was really careful. He caught it and brought it home to his wife and kid. She has been really sick for weeks he now he feels like an idiot.

Covidiots? Nice, running out of proper Arguments, aren't you? Lets just agree to disagree..

Date: December 3, 2020 19:26

calipachangero
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.

Covidiots? Nice, running out of proper Arguments, aren't you? Lets just agree to disagree..

Nope, not running out of proper arguments. If the shoe fits, wear it.

[www.health.com]

Date: December 3, 2020 19:46

daspyknows
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
MisterDDDD
LeonidP

Sounds brilliant.

That in and of it self is the crime . So and so feels immuned to it all and then catches it and passes it on to innocent people that didnt ask to be exposed as this is such a vile and hideous virus that does not discriminate . God Help us and hear our pleas for Mercy !

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2020 19:49

Looking forward to the new Van/Clapton tune.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 3, 2020 20:09

Gotta wonder if it will be a posthumous release.
And not just talking about their careers/legacy... virus sneaks up fast. winking smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 3, 2020 20:31

Hairball
Looking forward to the new Van/Clapton tune.

I’m not.

Stand and deliver...what?
The vaccine not the virus, hopefully.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1225
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home