Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: OT- Van Morrison launches a campaign to “save live music”
Date: September 23, 2020 15:26

longlongwinter
Covid is real but much less deadly and severe than the media reports. There is a clear political agenda with it, don't get played. Do your own research and really study and follow it and you will see the reported stories are full of holes, science doesn't add up and locking down is about the dumbest thing you can do concerning Covid. I hope 'ol Boris realizes that asap before further destroying your Country.

I prefer listening to people who know what they're talking about (i.e. the experts).

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: September 23, 2020 15:56

Both sides can find 'experts' to back up any bullshit they put out. Just sayin - use your own head vs. being a mouth breather staring at the tele and believing everything they tell you b/c you're being played

Date: September 23, 2020 16:01

longlongwinter
Both sides can find 'experts' to back up any bullshit they put out. Just sayin - use your own head vs. being a mouth breather staring at the tele and believing everything they tell you b/c you're being played

I'm no expert. Neither are you.

<locking down is about the dumbest thing you can do concerning Covid>

No, willingly passing on the virus - acting like it doesn't exist - is the dumbest thing you can do.

Because the dangrous thing about this one is that many don't know that they're infected. If they live their lives just like before the pandemic, it will affect people who are vulnerable to covid-19.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-23 16:03 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 23, 2020 17:13

Did you ever hear the saying "It's like shoveling sh*t against the tide"? Don't even bother. You're not going to change anyone's minds. I happen to agree with you. First it was "You don't need a mask". Then "You can go on a cruise." Then "Everyone should wear masks!" Then cruise ships ended up being marooned at sea with infected passengers. Then it was "Keep 6 feet apart!!!!" Then (most recently) "it's not transmitted through aerosols!" Nobody knew what they were doing, apparently, when this first hit. But people are locked into their own thoughts and you and I ain't gonna change their minds. And, quite honestly, this forum isn't the place to fight about it anyway. Life is too short to fight on the internets.

longlongwinter
Covid is real but much less deadly and severe than the media reports. There is a clear political agenda with it, don't get played. Do your own research and really study and follow it and you will see the reported stories are full of holes, science doesn't add up and locking down is about the dumbest thing you can do concerning Covid. I hope 'ol Boris realizes that asap before further destroying your Country.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 23, 2020 19:00

longlongwinter
So 200,000 deaths doesn't get your attention that maybe this is some bad stuff ?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 23, 2020 22:00

LeonidP
daspyknows
jbwelda
On the bright side, the our planet could benefit from sloughing off a few million/billion people.

Maybe an environmental or wildlife protection organization will back Van.

jb

As long as they are the virus deniers.

So people that have a different opinion as to how to stay safe, deserve to die? You're a true moron.

Why am I a moron. If someone chooses to drive drunk and dies who's fault is it? The alcohol? People like you who choose to disregard the seriousness of the virus deserve what they get. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Date: September 23, 2020 22:03

bleedingman
Did you ever hear the saying "It's like shoveling sh*t against the tide"? Don't even bother. You're not going to change anyone's minds. I happen to agree with you. First it was "You don't need a mask". Then "You can go on a cruise." Then "Everyone should wear masks!" Then cruise ships ended up being marooned at sea with infected passengers. Then it was "Keep 6 feet apart!!!!" Then (most recently) "it's not transmitted through aerosols!" Nobody knew what they were doing, apparently, when this first hit. But people are locked into their own thoughts and you and I ain't gonna change their minds. And, quite honestly, this forum isn't the place to fight about it anyway. Life is too short to fight on the internets.

longlongwinter

People used to think the world was flat too. If you don't believe science that's on you. If you don't think Covid-19 is serious then maybe you need some first hand experience. When you can't breathe from it talk to me about your alternative science. Just proves you can't fix stupid with some folks on here.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 23, 2020 22:06

TheflyingDutchman
Pinkpop June 2021 (Holland) is off.

No, they're still selling tickets

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: September 24, 2020 06:43

200k is a lot yes but they label so many deaths with 'Covid' even if they had cancer or many other deadly illnesses. The flu and many other things cause a lot of death yearly yet we never shut down everything for them. Even the CDC just released survival rates for those infected with Covid in the US- it's 99.5% for all under 70 and 94.5% for those over 70. You have a better chance dying of cancer or a heart attack. Wake up, you're being played

Date: September 24, 2020 07:16

longlongwinter
200k is a lot yes but they label so many deaths with 'Covid' even if they had cancer or many other deadly illnesses. The flu and many other things cause a lot of death yearly yet we never shut down everything for them. Even the CDC just released survival rates for those infected with Covid in the US- it's 99.5% for all under 70 and 94.5% for those over 70. You have a better chance dying of cancer or a heart attack. Wake up, you're being played

You must watch Fox News. If a person has cancer but is in a car wreck and dies do they count as an auto accident fatality or a cancer fatality. You have no understanding of Covid 19 or epidemiology. I suggest you go catch it and see if you die of a heart attack (caused by Covid) or Covid. Obviously you are just ignorant.

Date: September 24, 2020 09:31

longlongwinter

Many of those cancer patients could have lived for 20 years hadn't they caught covid. Think about that for a second.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 24, 2020 11:36

So, this thread turned into Covid ping-pong? A long five sets game...

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: September 24, 2020 12:11

Van the man! Good initiative to try getting back to a cultural life, although not normal. Of course it is up to anyone to attend or not. People too worried better stay home, that is understandsble and totally ok. Just no need to spoil it for others with all the bitterness. Wishing someone dead is a bit harsh, isn't it daspyknows?

Date: September 24, 2020 13:19

longlongwinter
I think if we all were to re check and listen/read the first actual CDC warning back in mid to late March or early April that would be the real accurate CDC warning before politics entered the equation and the proverbial flip/flop . One day do this the next day - no you don't have to take such and such precautions . What a bizarre world . Winter is coming and then they sh#4 will hit the fan and sh#4 will get real .God Help Us please !

Date: September 24, 2020 13:32

DandelionPowderman
longlongwinter

Many of those cancer patients could have lived for 20 years hadn't they caught covid. Think about that for a second.
Yup , the thing that scares me is the havoc and long term consequences that COVID-19 causes your heart and lungs .This is some scary stuff that has serious long term affects if and a big IF it doesn't kill you ! We used to gather together in one form or another and now winter is around the corner just in time for all the holidays and no one will want to have company or visit you and the isolation and loss of social contact and normal day to day interaction and just the plain loss of social and interpersonal relationships and freaking isolation which sucks big time in order to stay safe and protected and massive distrust of everyone around us as do we really know who is a carrier of the virus ? Stay safe and wear a mask and practice social distancing in order to survive as that is the most important above all else .

Date: September 24, 2020 14:08

NilsHolgersson
TheflyingDutchman
Pinkpop June 2021 (Holland) is off.

No, they're still selling tickets

Of course they do, but that's a different matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-24 14:11 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: September 24, 2020 19:41

calipachangero
Van the man! Good initiative to try getting back to a cultural life, although not normal. Of course it is up to anyone to attend or not. People too worried better stay home, that is understandsble and totally ok. Just no need to spoil it for others with all the bitterness. Wishing someone dead is a bit harsh, isn't it daspyknows?

But isn't Covid a hoax? Nothing will happen if they catch it, right?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 24, 2020 22:31

I've seen that many times in discussions about this subject. "I hope Trump and everyone at that rally die horrible deaths", etc. It gets pretty ugly. That said, this forum has gone downhill in terms of civility, even in the Taylor vs. Wood type discussions.

calipachangero

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2020 23:12

I keep hearing in news snippets on the radio and tv that there's been spikes in coronavirus cases in quite a few European countries since some of the lockdowns have eased up.
The stories are basically warnings of what will (and already have) happened here in the States. Doesn't feel safe to let your guard down for even a minute - for the sake of yourself and others, wear a mask!!!
Meanwhile, Elton has announced makeup dates for his 'Farewell Tour' in Europe next Sept, 2021, and will makes it's way to the States in 2022, while the Stones remain cautiously silent on rescheduling anything.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2020 23:47

Speaking of Coronavirus and all the evil it entails, just read this bit of sadness via Rock Cellar magazine:

Survey: One-Third of British Musicians Say They Might Quit Due to COVID-19 Hardships & Uncertainty > Covid-19

"In a survey of 2,000 members of the Musicians’ Union, 34 percent — roughly one-third of those polled — said they are
“considering abandoning the industry completely” because of the current situation, which has left many out of work"

And from CNN:

Will Europe's second wave of Covid-19 cases mean a second huge death toll? > Covid-19

"At first glance, the outlook doesn't seem too grim. While reported coronavirus cases are reaching record highs as Europe endures a "second wave,"
deaths are still well below their peak in April. But experts warn the signs point to more tragedy ahead this winter".

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 25, 2020 00:04

One thing I would like to note is that I realize what a sticky situation professional entertainers are in right now, and that applies to Van as well. Its bad all around and yeah they cannot even earn a living right now, unless they get really creative about it somehow. So I certainly sympathize with Van and others on a certain level. Its just kind of foolhardy to be trying to get something going on at this point, and releasing songs reassuring everybody from a supposed position of rebellion isn't really the smartest course of action right now. I dont know how much the publicity angle has featured in this situation with Van the Man right now, but the attention is not going to be favorable in the long run if the predictions come true, and they certainly have run pretty true so far. And as far as that goes, I wonder exactly how the personal liability laws (and lawyers) might look on something like this when someone files a lawsuit claiming wrongful death as a result of listening to the songs and following their advice.

jb

Date: September 25, 2020 00:22

jbwelda
One thing I would like to note is that I realize what a sticky situation professional entertainers are in right now, and that applies to Van as well. Its bad all around and yeah they cannot even earn a living right now, unless they get really creative about it somehow

Sir Ivan, or Sir Michael, have no problems earning a living. They don't need to play another note to support themselves. In fact Sir Michael can support hundreds of people in many generations to come.
Those suffering are the ones further down the food chain. As always.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 25, 2020 00:57

In the Netherlands a lot of 'influencers' (some singers, rappers, youtubers etc) have been posting videos with #ikdoenietmeermee with means something like "I'm not going along with it anymore", with a critical message.

It says: I am NOT shutting up anymore! I am NOT participating anymore! This is no longer possible. We stand for good public health, but the measures are rattling on all sides. Our elderly are being forgotten, our economy is on the verge of collapse, human behavior is being punished and what about the future of our children? We want clarity. We are not kidding. Over the past six months we have had to watch how we continue to deteriorate. That is why we demand fairness and transparency. What is the use of non-medical masks and the 1.5 meters? How reliable is the PCR test and why is the government voting against an investigation? Why are critical doctors gagged? Anxiety is the main suppressor of the immune system. How can you justify scaring people en masse? Where did the flu go? How deadly is this virus? This is only a fraction of our questions. The urgent letter signed by 2,555 healthcare professionals is already in the Lower House. The petition against the emergency law has already been signed 350,000 times. We say 'NO' to all measures until the government can verifiably justify the policy. Do you agree with us? Share this video and make one for your own environment. Only together can we get the government under control. #IKDOENIETMEERMEE. Power to the people!

They're getting a lot of backlash from the mainstream media now and some are removing the posts again but Van the Man would probably support them!

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: September 25, 2020 03:26

bleedingman

But it’s a NOVEL virus that the world has not previously seen. So they did not know anything about it at the beginning. Thankfully in the US a few key figures have been out there updating us as they learn more about it. Unfortunately many people are incapable of evolving as the scientific understanding evolves. Many more will become sick as a result.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 25, 2020 03:36

He's a genius, he's an idiot. Thats the paradox.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: September 25, 2020 11:44

Van has made some fantastic music but as a person, he comes over as a contrary, grumpy, old curmudgeon. I certainly will not be taking any scientific/medical advice from him.

I witnessed his despicable behaviour towards a child who tried to present him with a birthday cake at his gig in Edinburgh several years ago. Truly horrible behaviour which had many in the crowd booing him. Absolutely no need for a grown man to behave like that. I think he thinks he comes over as an enigma but to me, he comes over as a thoroughly unpleasant boor.

Will I still play his albums? Yes. Will I pay attention to any of his views and opinions? No. And I certainly won't be buying these new songs he has written.

Date: September 25, 2020 13:52

You got it, Roryfaninva. Simple as that.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: September 25, 2020 14:54

NilsHolgersson
In the Netherlands a lot of 'influencers' (some singers, rappers, youtubers etc) have been posting videos with #ikdoenietmeermee with means something like "I'm not going along with it anymore", with a critical message.

It says: I am NOT shutting up anymore! I am NOT participating anymore! This is no longer possible. We stand for good public health, but the measures are rattling on all sides. Our elderly are being forgotten, our economy is on the verge of collapse, human behavior is being punished and what about the future of our children? We want clarity. We are not kidding. Over the past six months we have had to watch how we continue to deteriorate. That is why we demand fairness and transparency. What is the use of non-medical masks and the 1.5 meters? How reliable is the PCR test and why is the government voting against an investigation? Why are critical doctors gagged? Anxiety is the main suppressor of the immune system. How can you justify scaring people en masse? Where did the flu go? How deadly is this virus? This is only a fraction of our questions. The urgent letter signed by 2,555 healthcare professionals is already in the Lower House. The petition against the emergency law has already been signed 350,000 times. We say 'NO' to all measures until the government can verifiably justify the policy. Do you agree with us? Share this video and make one for your own environment. Only together can we get the government under control. #IKDOENIETMEERMEE. Power to the people!

They're getting a lot of backlash from the mainstream media now and some are removing the posts again but Van the Man would probably support them!

While this may be a little one-sided, it seems important to speak up and be able to have a discussion about some of those measures and the ongoing fearspreading by the media still delivering their daily case numbers in absolute figures and maintaining a live-ticker with updates every hours for now more than 6 months! This is insane! Living in constant fear is as bad as acting ignorant. There is a middle way and that seems the way to go in my opinión. I know some of you were ill, your sensitivity is understandable. On the other hand there are some musicians on here as well and would surely love to get back to work.

I happen to have attended a live concert about two weeks ago and it was great! Of course it has been Kind of an Experiment, but to no bad outcome as far as I know of today. A well known national Band played a string of 6 shows at the shore of a lake, outside in the mountains. The audience, about 800 people, has been divided in four sections, each with an own access from the main gate. There was enough space to keep some distance, some people wore masks, some didn't. Everybody enjoyed the show, no one got infected and it's been Ober 10 days since the last of those 6 shows. It's possible!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 26, 2020 10:55

My State of Florida has lifted all restrictions as of Friday. I'm still practicing safe guidelines. Also I refuse to go to a Diner any time soon.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 26, 2020 11:36

I am constantly amazed that a guy who creates and performs some of the most sublime music EVER is such an a**hole. I'm afraid there is no other word for him.

Since he was tearing up stages with Them in the mid-60s right up until today he has constantly flown in the face of all logic and reason. And done so with such anger, frustration and vindictiveness that any good that might emerge from a constructive challenge to prevailing ideology is washed away in the extremism and bile of his tone and manner.

For God's sake Van put a sock in it!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home