Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Any Cheap Trick Fans Here?
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 22, 2020 19:03

You can fool some people some of the time...

jb

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 22, 2020 19:28

jb, are you Bun E. Carlos? So much anger ..... LOL

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 22, 2020 20:03

I like a good cheap trick!

This one's a favorite ... too funny ... only 15 cents

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 22, 2020 21:37

I love "Surrender"

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: August 22, 2020 23:17

Studio version. Past their prime but feisty!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: August 22, 2020 23:38

Being from Wisconsin, I've seen CT dozens of times over the years in all types of venues, large and small. They are always entertaining. Back in college, I often walked past Bun E. Carlos on the way to campus(where I had classes with Joan Cusack) and he always waved hello.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 23, 2020 01:47

One of my favourite scenes from Fast Times at Ridgemont High is when Mike Damone is at school at the bleachers trying to scalp the Cheap Trick tickets to the girl:

"Can you honestly tell me that you forgot. Forgot the magnetism of Robin Zander or the charisma of Rick Neilsen?"
"That's kids stuff"
"Kids stuff? What about the tunes? I Want You To Want Me. The Dream Police da da da da da da da da. Your mommy's alright, your daddy's alright, they just seem a little bit weird, surrender..."

Then Stacey Hamilton interrupts them and informs Mike she's pregnant.

One of my favourite movies!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 23, 2020 03:58

Consider me "fooled"

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 23, 2020 04:38

Elmo Lewis
RisingStone
Cheap Trick At Budokan not only elevated the group to stardom but also made the Budokan world famous and one of the most celebrated, iconic rock venues of all. However, the bulk of this album is actually from the Koseinenkin Kaikan (a 2,400 seater), Osaka, April 27, 1978, the previous date to the Budokan shows (April 28 and 30). The story goes that the producer found the tapes recorded at the Budokan unusable for the most part for some technical reason therefore opted for the Osaka recording, supposedly prepared for the backup. It has been no secret from the day it was released, but my general impression is that both record company and journalists have deliberately avoided mentioning this fact as much as possible to this day, presumably to keep the prestige that is attached to the album and the venue. I have never come across a track-by-track recording credit (the date and the venue on each track) anywhere, even in an “in-depth” feature of the album in a music magazine. Ever.

I have the "Budokan: The Complete Concert"CDs, but am not sure where/when it was recorded. Same version of the songs from the original album and Ric even mentions Budokan as they're headed to the stage. We may never know.

There are some tracks that were recorded at the Budokan for sure. For instance, Ain’t That A Shame was not played in Osaka hence from either one of the Tokyo shows.
The exact ratio of the takes chosen for the release between the Osaka and Tokyo shows is still unclear after all these years, which is frustrating. Over the years, though, I have come across a number of comments on the internet or elsewhere that the majority if not all of the ten tracks selected for the original At Budokan album is from the Koseinenkin Kaikan.
At least one thing is clear — I Want You To Want Me, the performance that contains the most iconic moment of the album, that collective shout of “cryin’, cryin’, cryin’” from the Japanese young girls, is a take from the Koseinenkin Kaikan not Budokan.

[producelikeapro.com]

[www.mixonline.com]

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-23 05:28 by RisingStone.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 23, 2020 07:17

schillid
I like a good cheap trick!

This one's a favorite ... too funny ... only 15 cents

go for the x-ray glasses instead!

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: August 23, 2020 08:58

I saw them at the El Mocambo in the late 70s. I played their first three albums quite a bit. Fave track “Mandocello.”

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 23, 2020 19:16

schillid
[Onion gum is] a favorite ... too funny ... only 15 cents

treaclefingers

That's a GREAT cheap trick!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-23 19:16 by schillid.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 24, 2020 01:27

schillid
schillid
[Onion gum is] a favorite ... too funny ... only 15 cents

treaclefingers

That's a GREAT cheap trick!

smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 838
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 4101 on December 24, 2020 10:57

Previous page Next page First page IORR home