Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: September 13, 2020 23:54

Honestly, I can’t tell the reason why this special record has attracted so many buyers and, above all, why we are ready to spend so much to get it. It’s not the first time they release a limited edition. Still, the most of them are easily available, years after they were issued. At reasonable prices, too. On the other side, classic rarities that sold at €3500 (mono Got LIVE UK) nowadays are as cheap as €1500. I’m glad to see that there are 1.000 Collectors fighting hard to get this record: to me, this confirms my choice to focus on vinyl rather than on digital formats was a good choice. That said, I’ve bought it as I buy all what is issued on vinyl, but I’d be very glad to know why some non die-hard vinyl Collectors are struggling to get a copy of this album. One last point: I hope this all won’t happen again, when Still Wheels Live will be issued...
Bye, Luca

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-13 23:56 by 1963luca0.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 14, 2020 00:07

Well the market is what the masses make it. In this case the market is clear: people are willing to throw down serious coin to get an "exclusive", even if that exclusive consists merely of packaging and the vinyl color. Most will probably not even be opened, much less played, in that quest to keep it "mint" and hopefully sell it for a lot in the years to come.

One suggestion from this one bit often by the collectors disease: if I described you above, best you sell that puppy now while the getting is good, because it will probably be "reissued" with some slight difference (collect them all) sooner or later, and/or that "1000" copies might turn out to be a highly nuanced claim. I really wonder if it would be sold out even now if it were not for the ones obviously scalping it or buying it simply to hold and resell. I kind of doubt it would be, especially given the current plethora of "limited" formats this reissue is available on currently. Of course, a product sold only in the "official" RS store, and of limited quantity, will always be sought after, its only when it can offer something distinctly unique that it truly becomes valuable in the long run.

That said, if I found one for like fifty usd shipped, I would buy it myself even though by my standards it would be completely redundant. For completeness sake, as you mention, if nothing else.

Which reminds me, someone somewhere said this was not an "official" RS store. I find that increasingly hard to believe, ridiculous even. Maybe I am wrong still...

jb

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 14, 2020 00:30

1963luca0

Honestly, I can’t tell the reason why this special record has attracted so many buyers and, above all, why we are ready to spend so much to get it.

It was a Limited Edition of 1000 copies. 500 of them were only available in the Carnaby-Street-Store. To personally get there from abroad is expensive and takes a lot of time - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: September 14, 2020 23:48

@1963luca0, For me it's hard to believe you. If 1.000 people are looking for Mono: Got Live If You Want It, ((HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER LIVE!)) Red Decca mono, than IMO: you can't buy this for €1500.
I don't need one, I have one.
Greets,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-15 07:09 by tioms.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 15, 2020 00:13

Off-topic, but mono Got Live is rare? (I bought mine in the UK but it seems to have been released on London, based in NY.)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 15, 2020 03:37

How the Rolling Stones Launched a Retail Store Amid a Pandemic
RS No. 9 Carnaby Street features customized T-shirts, brand collaborations and, of course, band face masks

In the heart of London’s Soho neighborhood, a new, two-floor boutique opens Wednesday featuring an ubiquitous red tongue. The tongue is the centerpiece of the Rolling Stones’ latest venture: a flagship retail shop called RS No. 9 Carnaby Street that the band conceptualized and created and marking the first time a musical artist has launched a permanent retail space.

The interior, created in red and black with Pantone’s new official shade “Stones Red,” feels like a sleek boutique fashion outlet rather than an overly branded merch outpost, with glass floors emblazoned with the band’s lyrics welcome customers. Five 90-inch portrait screens play a 30-minute exclusive film on a loop, which includes archival footage from the band’s six-decade career. There are also, of course, two massive red tongues, which were 3D printed especially for the store. For Bravado, RS No. 9 Carnaby Street is intended to exist as a long-term retail endeavor, with evolving seasonal merchandise that pairs fashion-forward trend pieces with more traditional band merch.

“It will be ever-changing,” Mat Vlasic, CEO of Bravado, Universal Music Group’s merchandise and brand management company, tells Rolling Stone. “In a traditional retail store you’re planning these things on a very long lead timeline, so we’re doing the same thing here. And really operating this as retail store. Not necessarily a band merch retail store. This is a retail store that sits among other retail stores. It just happens to be the first of its kind focused on an artist.”

More
[www.rollingstone.com]

BLACK Carnaby
Date: September 18, 2020 12:29

I got my copy (from ebay) right now. Well, the vinyl inside is not red, it's black. Anybody here has got a black copy? On spine and labels, you read 089 396-8 and this seems to me - I don't my other 2020 GHS vinyl at hand - a unique. Thanks for your replies, Luca

Dear TIOMS,
last copy of the live MONO has been sold two weeks ago on ebay for EURO (or GBP)
1500. And olle1951 tried to sell a copy for Euro 1500, but it passed unnoticed and did not sell, last year. Facts,
bye, Luca

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-18 13:53 by 1963luca0.

Re: BLACK Carnaby
Date: September 18, 2020 13:55

1963luca0

Anybody here has got a black copy? On spine and labels, you read 089 396-8 and this seems to me - I don't my other 2020 GHS vinyl at hand - a unique.

The red Vinyl should be 074 249-8 - [www.Discogs.com] :

[Twitter.com]

There was a black Test-pressing which could be won some days ago: [Twitter.com] .

The 089 396-8 is the Japanese Import-version: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] - [www.Discogs.com] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-18 14:10 by Irix.

Date: September 18, 2020 14:00

No test pressing: mine it's a finished copy - with proper labels - and I can confirm the cat. no. is 089 396-8 (on spine and lables). Bar code on rear, top right corner, seems to be the usual one. I will check when at home.
Just bought another copy guaranteed to be red, I am wainting...

Date: September 18, 2020 14:15

1963luca0

No test pressing: mine it's a finished copy - with proper labels - and I can confirm the cat. no. is 089 396-8 (on spine and lables).

It's the Japanese 1LP Import-version: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Date: September 18, 2020 14:56

Thanks for your input.
so, now we know that some copies made in EU just to be exported to Japan were sold as if they were red at the store, once put in additional plastic cover actually.
I'd suggest everybody check your spine, before you open the shrink: you might have spent a lot of money for a black copy.

Date: September 18, 2020 15:05

1963luca0

so, now we know that some copies made in EU just to be exported to Japan were sold as if they were red at the store, once put in additional plastic cover actually.

Sounds like a fraud: someone took the red Carnaby-9-Logo-Cover, took the black Japanese 1LP due to it's lesser known Cat.-No., shrink-wrapped it again and sold it as Red-Vinyl. If so, it should be reported to eBay as fraud.

Could also be a manufacturing fault since both Cat.-No. ending with 8 - Red-Vinyl: 074 249-8, Japanese black: 089 396-8. Could be that someone simply took the wrong batch (looked only at the 8).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-18 15:25 by Irix.

Date: September 18, 2020 15:43

It sounds strange to me that someone can decide to split the red vinly and the additional cover: they both would loose their appeal. I prefer to believe that someone took the wrong -8 and put it inside my Carnaby cover.
If they'd only put a small red sticker on shrink...
I've enquired the seller, but still no reply. Honestly, I believe he's not involved, but I'd appreciate a GPB 100 partial refund...
Let's see what happens...
Luca

Date: September 18, 2020 16:20

1963luca0

If they'd only put a small red sticker on shrink...

Actually all Red-Vinyls should have a separate LE-sticker on the shrink-wrap:

[Twitter.com] · Large picture

See also the RS-Video from the manufacturing: [Twitter.com] - (Pos. 0:28).

When I look at the above picture it looks like a cellophane-bag with a flap instead of a soft shrink-foil (welded). With a cellophane-bag it's easy to exchange the content and to re-seal it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-18 16:35 by Irix.

Date: September 18, 2020 16:54

Yes, it's a heavy cellopane bag with flip-back (like an envelope). The 'red vinyl' sticker is place on it. The red sticker I talk about is something similiar to what they made to tell one coloured 'Some Girls'from another: a small red, yellow, azure and green sticker to tell which vinyl is inside.
In this case, to tell the black from the red one.

Date: September 18, 2020 17:45

1963luca0

The 'red vinyl' sticker is place on it.

And black Vinyl was inside. So - as I already mentioned above - someone simply exchanged the red Vinyl for the black one.

Do you can post the eBay Item-No. so that we can see the original offer?

Date: September 18, 2020 18:18

392936555952 seller natashla-18

Date: September 18, 2020 19:33

Is the cover not clear so you can see the vinyl color without opening the package? Kind of looks that way to me. Did the original auction show the item, and show red vinyl in the package?

I tried to find the number or seller you listed but came up empty. this was on USA ebay, maybe it was some other ebay you bought it from?

So you wasted a couple hundred dollars on this? I would be right on it with ebay if the seller doesnt respond soon. They will probably refund your money and you will get to keep the item...if its the real cover that is worth something though not at all what i would guess you wanted.

jb

Date: September 18, 2020 19:40

jbwelda

Is the cover not clear so you can see the vinyl color without opening the package? Did the original auction show the item, and show red vinyl in the package?

No, you cannot see the Vinyl-Color since it's a standard LP-Cover in a special cellophane-bag. And no, the original auction didn't show the red Vinyl in the package. It was sold on eBay.co.uk from London:

(Picture of the original offer)

At 1963luca0: thanks for posting the eBay-Item-No. I saw the original offer. Yes, it says in the extra line by the seller: "Carnaby Street Exclusive Red Vinyl" and "Condition is New". But who knows.

If its' a manufacturing fault then there should be more 'false items'. But Google finds no complaints about black instead of red Vinyl.

If the eBay-seller swears that he really sent the red Vinyl, then you should contact Universal Music how this thing could happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-18 19:50 by Irix.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: September 18, 2020 22:36

So, I'm glad to see that I bought an original red for 200€, postage included.
And seller included an additional 10inch picture disk for free.

To Luca,
Thanks for information about HYSYM L. Mono. So, I've one, but on this price I do or did loose a lot of money on it. The only thing is: collection about Mono red label Decca LP's is compleet.
Thanks,

Date: September 18, 2020 23:22

Oh I see, the clear part shows the original cover which is inside, cannot see through to the vinyl, gotcha.

Still I would follow my advice: contact the seller, if they don't give you a massive discount or allow a return (or don't contact you back...right away) then don't waste time, file a case with ebay and if the seller continues to play games, they will get you your money back and chances are you will get to keep the record and sleeve. I have done this numerous times in the past when someone was pulling a fast one. Most often happens with records in my experience, and I have quite a bit on ebay.

Same thing with paypal...misrepresenting an item is cause for an immediate cost free return to seller and immediate refund. You do not really have to prove anything, just tell the truth that you did not get what was advertised.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 19, 2020 00:15

Hey Yeah that cover looks good
with a white background ....
... takes on an embossed 3D look ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 19, 2020 20:16

Your dreamjob...

Retail Merchandise Manager

Do you have demonstrable experience in Merchandising or Product Management roles within clothing, footwear or accessories? This role may be the perfect opportunity for you...

UMG is looking to recruit a Retail Merchandise Manager to work with their Bravado department team. You will be predominantly responsible for overseeing and managing range building, budget planning and forecasting, inventory allocation and reporting for RS No 9 Carnaby, the world's first Rolling Stones store and it's e-Commerce business.

[creativeaccess.org.uk]

Date: September 21, 2020 13:11

black vs red vinyl

For those who care, the seller who's sent a black copy instead of a red one to me says it's been a mistake at the shop: the original disc was damaged and the shop assistant has changed it. Most probably, he picked a black one and not a red copy.
I'll be refunded 100%. Still, we learn that at Carnaby St. one can buy the export copy to Japan that should not be available, instead.
Thanks to all who cared to help, Luca

Date: September 21, 2020 13:35

1963luca0

For those who care, the seller who's sent a black copy instead of a red one to me says it's been a mistake at the shop: the original disc was damaged and the shop assistant has changed it.

Thanks for your feedback and the clarifying of this mysterious mistake.

Could be a red Vinyl from the shelves what was damaged and then exchanged:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 21, 2020 16:07

Even the t-shirt sold on the official website with the big "red 9 tongue" has a wrong color.
Just received my order, the color of the tongue is dark red...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2020 16:15

In celebration of the GRAND OPENING of The Rolling Stones’ world-first flagship store on London’s Carnaby Street – we invite you to enter for a chance to win a

Rolling Stones hand painted leather jacket!

video: [cdn-resources.crowdcat.co]

In celebration of the GRAND OPENING of The Rolling Stones’ world-first flagship store on London’s Carnaby Street – we invite you to enter for a chance to win a

Rolling Stones hand painted leather jacket!
[umusic.digital]

Date: September 21, 2020 16:25

Massimo68

Even the t-shirt sold on the official website with the big "red 9 tongue" has a wrong color.

Not good, but the offer doesn't explicitly say that it is Stones-Red or Pantone-Red - [Carnaby.TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] .

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 21, 2020 20:06

Who purchases merchandise if the color is wrong? One can obtain more authentic looking memorabilia at a local flea market.

Date: September 24, 2020 19:00

A question for Londoners: how much of a ghost town is the capital these days? I can easily get to the new shop by train and tube but I’m wondering how difficult it is to maintain social distancing on the streets and even inside the store itself.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home