Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:38

bitusa2012
Interesting. The UK order of the Red Some Girls which appeared on my credit card since the second I ordered it, is no longer on the transaction list of my credit card. Yet, in my Rolling Stones account, the order is still listed as confirmed.

My US one has shipped and is obviously still on my credit card transaction list.

Out of the blue, UK one BACK on my credit card, and shipped. So both on their way, one for keeps, one to help fund a Red Sticky or GHS

Rod

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:47

bitusa2012
bitusa2012
Interesting. The UK order of the Red Some Girls which appeared on my credit card since the second I ordered it, is no longer on the transaction list of my credit card. Yet, in my Rolling Stones account, the order is still listed as confirmed.

My US one has shipped and is obviously still on my credit card transaction list.

Out of the blue, UK one BACK on my credit card, and shipped. So both on their way, one for keeps, one to help fund a Red Sticky or GHS

Those are the two reds I don't have either...but I'm not going to sweat it. Tattoo You Red...that's what I want. And EOMS if that comes out. That will be the holy grail.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 09:44

Stone601
Black and Blue arrived today after about a month but I got it from the US store. I paid € 11 in taxes and customs duties ... but that's okay.
Copacabana, from the US store, is on the way.
Some Girls also, from UK store.
The only one i missing is Goats Head Soup.
If anyone has one to sell at a decent price please contact me
Thanks
G.

Do they have an actual store stateside or does the above just reference where one is shipping it to? I’m in the US and in their website - UK so far as I know and the only one available is Honk. Does the cover really say N9CS instead of Honk? That’s great like it better! Love the Copa one!!! How does one get to the US website??

Date: August 23, 2021 09:47

Nevermind I just did a web search and found the US site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 10:18 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 10:14

VoodooLounge13
Stone601
Black and Blue arrived today after about a month but I got it from the US store. I paid € 11 in taxes and customs duties ... but that's okay.
Thanks
G.

Do they have an actual store stateside or does the above just reference where one is shipping it to? I’m in the US and in their website - UK so far as I know and the only one available is Honk. Does the cover really say N9CS instead of Honk? That’s great like it better! Love the Copa one!!! How does one get to the US website??
They don't have a real store in the united states, just a distribution center for north america. I believe all copies are printed in the UK
US [therollingstonesshop.com]
UK [therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

Date: August 23, 2021 10:18

Stone601
VoodooLounge13
Stone601
Thanks
G.

They don't have a real store in the united states, just a distribution center for north america. I believe all copies are printed in the UK
US [therollingstonesshop.com]
UK [therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

Thanks!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:22

This t-shirt graphic is inspired by an old Irish sign and it's true some of us can't go fast enough. This t-shirt design was originally worn by Ronnie Wood at the May 2018 Rolling Stones Concert in Croke Park.

Ultra soft garment dyed slub jersey. Self fabric neck binding for comfort fit. Designed in Ireland. Made by our friends in Portugal. Organic cotton is certified by the global organic textile standard (gots).
[carnaby.therollingstonesshop.com]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:28

Why doesn't it say "Tweek" and just get to the heart of the matter?

jb

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:33

The meth head/tweekers will love it.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 30, 2021 19:29

Carnabystore was closed during the wake ,

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 30, 2021 19:55

Lien

Carnabystore was closed during the wake ,

[youtu.be]

[Twitter.com] , [iorr.org] , Large picture

Date: September 9, 2021 05:37

My Red Some Girls from the UK turned up today. Posted 2 weeks after my US one which hasn’t yet arrived. Disappointingly the cut outs for the faces don’t exist. Just blank spots ON the cover itself.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 05:38 by bitusa2012.

Date: September 9, 2021 06:30

bitusa2012
My Red Some Girls from the UK turned up today. Posted 2 weeks after my US one which hasn’t yet arrived. Disappointingly the cut outs for the faces don’t exist. Just blank spots ON the cover itself.

aye damn...they cheaped out! No die cut sleeve.

Oh well, never likely to open it anyway.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 9, 2021 16:25

[www.ebay.com]

IORR as a Carnaby red vinyl version? What's up with that?

Is it a fake?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 16:27 by Topi.

Date: September 9, 2021 16:32

Topi
[www.ebay.com]

Is it a fake?

Well it would have to be a fake, as we know this hasn't even been issued.

If you look at the label, it says 2018. SO...some 'creative' person has matched the Carnaby sleeve to some sort of red reissue or bootleg issued 3 years ago.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 9, 2021 16:48

Wow, they now offer a splash coloured transparent Copacobana LP for....€110 >grinning smiley<

You hear them thinking... "How can we get those dumb-asses to pay over and over again for the same albums after a handfull of remasters on a variaty of formats.."?

Date: September 9, 2021 18:44

treaclefingers
Topi
[www.ebay.com]

Is it a fake?

Well it would have to be a fake, as we know this hasn't even been issued.

If you look at the label, it says 2018. SO...some 'creative' person has matched the Carnaby sleeve to some sort of red reissue or bootleg issued 3 years ago.

My Carnaby St Red Black and Blue and Some Girls, bought direct from store, both have 2018 on labels. Not sure THAT means the IORR is fake.

Rod

Red IORR
Date: September 2, 2021 18:42

Someone is advertising Red Carnaby St IORR on eBay. Is that announced as the next issue of this series??? If so, when it ACTUALLY on sale online? I’ve not seen it anywhere. Thanks

Rod

Re: Red IORR
Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: September 2, 2021 19:17

I have been informed that there there is currently no Carnaby red vinyl release planned for September. The next one is due in October. I would be surprised if it’s IORR. I would expect it to be Tattoo You to tie in with the reissue which is due out that month.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 2, 2021 19:17

Strange indeed

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 2, 2021 19:23

(Whew!) On behalf of those of us who remember the brief experiment here with a green font…don’t scare us! grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 3, 2021 13:13

That's not the "Carnaby red" it seems, besides it says "2018" on the label ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 3, 2021 13:47

gotdablouse
That's not the "Carnaby red" it seems, besides it says "2018" on the label ;-)

I queried the seller on eBay, asking if they actually HAD it in hand and suggesting it might be a bootleg. His response was:

“I do have it. I bought a box of sealed limited editions and RSD releases - all genuine - and this was amongst them. If it is a bootleg it is the best quality I have ever seen. I’m still doing some investigating, if it I can find nothing more about it closer to the end if auction I will likely withdraw it”

I’m not sure the red colour itself is different. And I’ve seen Sticky Fingers and Some Girls Red with 2018 on label, as has my red Black and Blue, so again not sure that is odd ;-)

Rod

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-03 19:20 by bitusa2012.

Date: September 3, 2021 14:21

thunderball
I have been informed that there there is currently no Carnaby red vinyl release planned for September. The next one is due in October. I would be surprised if it’s IORR. I would expect it to be Tattoo You to tie in with the reissue which is due out that month.

Good. My credit card can do with a holiday

Rod

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 9, 2021 20:57

That red IORR just sold for £243.

Ouch.

Date: September 9, 2021 21:01

Topi

Ouch.

Either someone just got severely burned, OR, this is the next release and someone 'secured' an advance copy.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 9, 2021 22:00

treaclefingers
Topi

Ouch.

Either someone just got severely burned, OR, this is the next release and someone 'secured' an advance copy.

I would say this is fake. But where does this RED vinyl come from? The version of the 2018 box was black vinyl. Did they mess with the label? Where does the barcode 60243558678 come from? On the back cover on this barcode is printed, this is not the case on the version of the 2018 box. Is it a bootleg? Unlikely, because of the promotone / universal label.

Edit: the etched barcode provided by the seller 0602557974560 does not correspond with the barcode on the back cover(0)0602435586786. This stinks...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 22:10 by jackflash27.

Date: September 9, 2021 22:09

jackflash27
treaclefingers
Topi

Ouch.

I would say this is fake. But where does this RED vinyl come from? The version of the 2018 box was black vinyl. Did they mess with the label? Where does the barcode 60243558678 come from? On the back cover on this barcode is printed, this is not the case on the version of the 2018 box. Is it a bootleg? Unlikely, because of the promotone / universal label.

In the other thread, someone said that their copies of Black and Blue and Some Girls had the 2018 date. Mine are still sealed so I can't verify.

That's why this seems slightly suspicious to me...if we get IORR as the next Carnaby release, I think we'll have our answer.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 9, 2021 22:18

treaclefingers
jackflash27
treaclefingers
Topi

Ouch.

In the other thread, someone said that their copies of Black and Blue and Some Girls had the 2018 date. Mine are still sealed so I can't verify.

That's why this seems slightly suspicious to me...if we get IORR as the next Carnaby release, I think we'll have our answer.

Some people were asking questions about the eBay item on the Carnaby instagram account. Quite a hype is being created this way. Would be some marketing stunt if this was done deliberately winking smiley

Date: September 9, 2021 22:22

jackflash27
treaclefingers
jackflash27
treaclefingers
Topi

Ouch.

Some people were asking questions about the eBay item on the Carnaby instagram account. Quite a hype is being created this way. Would be some marketing stunt if this was done deliberately winking smiley

Yeah, I'm not convinced it's a fake, if the 2018 date holds for other carnaby issues. I wouldn't roll the dice to find out though, particularly as it's sold for well-above what it will sell for upon release.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home