Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 21:18

jackflash27
Stone601
Nothing in UK store, but in US store is avaliable…..just ordered my copy
right now.

That's kinda strange... Makes me wonder if the US and UK shops have different supplies. However the total amount shouldn't exceed 500 (500 already sold in shop).
Also the US shop mentions the release date of 9th July, I didn't see this on the UK shop.

Just checked, still there.. Considering I was playing this very album this morning it was on my mind for the tour, so of course grabbed one

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 21:22

jackflash27
Stone601
right now.

That's kinda strange... Makes me wonder if the US and UK shops have different supplies. However the total amount shouldn't exceed 500 (500 already sold in shop).
Also the US shop mentions the release date of 9th July, I didn't see this on the UK shop.

It is also strange for me too..... the doubt that the 500 + 500 copies are more begins to creep in

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: June 9, 2021 21:22

jackflash27

I received my copy of Blue and Lonesome this week which I bought from Carnaby online on May 10th with a release date of the 14th. Yet people could go in to the actual shop and buy them on the 10th.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 21:30 by Nasty Habits.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 21:24

Stone601
jackflash27
Stone601
right now.

It is also strange for me too..... the doubt that the 500 + 500 copies are more begins to creep in

Yeah exactly. When I look how eBay explodes with this copy, it's hardly realistic too believe this 500 claim. By the way: sold out now

Date: June 9, 2021 21:30

Stone601

Someone could always start a Carnaby registry like there's a BMW M sport owners registry for example. We'd soon get a better idea of how many copies there are worldwide.

They couldn't sell more than 1000 copies because that would be false advertising. I use discogs as a reference very few people seem to own Carnaby street editions of Goats Head Soup and thats been circulating for nearly a year. So I'm learning towards thinking that 1000 copies is correct.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 21:32 by Nasty Habits.

Date: June 9, 2021 21:41

Nasty Habits
Stone601

Someone could always start a Carnaby registry like there's a BMW M sport owners registry for example. We'd soon get a better idea of how many copies there are worldwide.

They couldn't sell more than 1000 copies because that would be false advertising. I use discogs as a reference very few people seem to own Carnaby street editions of Goats Head Soup and thats been circulating for nearly a year. So I'm learning towards thinking that 1000 copies is correct.
Not everyone who buys or sells "rare" records puts it on discogs…..by the way mine is just a doubt legitimate but obviously we will never know

Date: June 9, 2021 22:21

Stone601
Not everyone who buys or sells "rare" records puts it on discogs…..by the way mine is just a doubt legitimate but obviously we will never know

Yeah and I agree with what you’re saying about discogs. But it does have many many users. That was kind of also my point, only 139 people on discogs showing as owning GHS Carnaby edition. I think that number would probably be a lot higher though if there were more copies circulating than we thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 22:34 by Nasty Habits.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 9, 2021 22:47

Nasty Habits
Stone601

Yeah and I agree with what you’re saying about discogs. But it does have many many users. That was kind of also my point, only 139 people on discogs showing as owning GHS Carnaby edition. I think that number would probably be a lot higher though if there were more copies circulating than we thought.

Thanks for the info. Seems a decent way of ball-parking the numbers.
Love the Carnaby Registry idea.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 9, 2021 23:45

Nasty Habits
Stone601

I think the numbers are solid at 1000. That explains why we didn't get some additional Sticky Fingers. They could have just printed more to deal with the over-ordering, which is obviously what happened.

This is very elitist issuing in such small numbers, but on the other hand this isn't about the music as you can basically listen to this for free. It's for us weird collectors that want to know it's only available in a limited supply...kind of like collecting coins or stamps.

We're weird.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 9, 2021 23:56

I got a copy at the Carnaby Street store at about 2.30 p.m. and was told there were around 50 left at that time and that it had sold a lot faster than Blue & Lonesome, as around 300 copies were gone in the first hour.

I returned a couple of hours later to try and get one for a friend on here I'd since been in touch with, but by that time they had all gone.

Then they told me there were around five copies left but they were damaged. The damage, however, was to the plastic sleeve (i.e., the sleeves had small splits along the seam) and not to the album cover or album.

The guy confirmed what the salesperson had volunteered to me on my earlier visit - i.e., there are always copies that arrive damaged. He said they get them about a week before the release date, which gives them time check for damage and get replacements. He said that usually about 100 arrive with some kind of damage.

He then suddenly disappeared into the back of the shop and returned with a pristine sleeve that he'd had a lightbulb moment about and used it to replace one of the damaged ones. So it was happy days for my friend after all!!

Date: June 10, 2021 00:09

Beast
I got a copy at the Carnaby Street store at about 2.30 p.m. and was told there were around 50 left at that time and that it had sold a lot faster than Blue & Lonesome, as around 300 copies were gone in the first hour.

I returned a couple of hours later to try and get one for a friend on here I'd since been in touch with, but by that time they had all gone.

Then they told me there were around five copies left but they were damaged. The damage, however, was to the plastic sleeve (i.e., the sleeves had small splits along the seam) and not to the album cover or album.

The guy confirmed what the salesperson had volunteered to me on my earlier visit - i.e., there are always copies that arrive damaged. He said they get them about a week before the release date, which gives them time check for damage and get replacements. He said that usually about 100 arrive with some kind of damage.

He then suddenly disappeared into the back of the shop and returned with a pristine sleeve that he'd had a lightbulb moment about and used it to replace one of the damaged ones. So it was happy days for my friend after all!!

nice. Can't believe 100 out of 500 arrive damaged. 20%? That's ludicrous.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 10, 2021 00:23

The shop staff were pretty bemused by it themselves!

Date: June 19, 2021 01:27

Just got this update from my Blue and Lonesome order. Oh well, at least I lose on the exchange rate!:

THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING FROM THE ROLLING STONES OFFICIAL STORE!

WE ARE REACHING OUT TO YOU IN REGARDS TO YOUR ORDER #TRS107950 CONTAINING THE BLUE AND LONESOME CARNABY RED VINYL.
UNFORTUNATELY, THE VINYL ARRIVED TO OUR FULFILLMENT CENTER DAMAGED. WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE OUR CUSTOMERS WITH TOP QUALITY PRODUCTS AND BECAUSE THIS ITEM DID NOT MEET OUR STRICT QUALITY STANDARDS, WE ARE UNABLE TO FULFILL THIS ITEM IN YOUR ORDER. A REFUND WILL BE ISSUED WITHIN 3-10 BUSINESS DAYS.
NOTE: IF YOUR ORDER CONTAINS MULTIPLE ITEMS, THE REMAINDER OF YOUR ORDER WILL SHIP ONCE ALL ITEMS BECOME AVAILABLE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND SUPPORT,
- THE ROLLING STONES OFFICIAL STORE

They did have one thing wrong, I'm neither patient or supportive at this sensitive time. You know, they could just print some more.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 19, 2021 03:08

I would email them back and tell they you are willing to take a slightly damaged copy, and hint that some sort of discount might be in order.

jb

Date: June 19, 2021 04:38

jbwelda
I would email them back and tell they you are willing to take a slightly damaged copy, and hint that some sort of discount might be in order.

jb

Good idea...not holding out a lot of hope but you never know.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 19, 2021 04:44

Yeah not really much hope but if they are truly running 100 damaged per 500, they might have them lying around all over the place and 100 "we are sorry" emails out there. Might be glad to get the defective ones off the books. I would hint at free postage.

jb

Date: June 19, 2021 04:45

jbwelda
Yeah not really much hope but if they are truly running 100 damaged per 500, they might have them lying around all over the place and 100 "we are sorry" emails out there. Might be glad to get the defective ones off the books. I would hint at free postage.

jb

OR, I offer to send the postage if they just give me the damaged one if they can't sell it anyway!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 19, 2021 07:14

The plastic sleeves are not good. I've 2 B & L and they both have a compleet side split and the secound on 1/2 side as more. Those plastic are not strong enough.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: June 19, 2021 09:40

For the people who bought black and blue on the American Rolling Stones shop: did you get shipping confirmation yet?

Date: June 19, 2021 10:34

tioms
The plastic sleeves are not good. I've 2 B & L and they both have a compleet side split and the secound on 1/2 side as more. Those plastic are not strong enough.

so that's the issue? put'em in another bag and send it to me!

send it to me...send it to me...send it to me...SEND IT TO ME! She could be Romanian...ok, enuff.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 19, 2021 22:57

No return of B&B so far, unlike the previous two RED releases...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 19, 2021 23:48

gotdablouse
No return of B&B so far, unlike the previous two RED releases...

Give it time.

I don't know why they bother with doing this. They can't be making a lot of money selling only 1000 copies, and they end up pissing off the 'lucky' fans who manage to buy them but don't actually deliver.

We need a management shakeup...I want Ronnie in charge!

Posted by: johan ()
Date: June 21, 2021 10:57

jackflash27
For the people who bought black and blue on the American Rolling Stones shop: did you get shipping confirmation yet?

No, I haven’t received a confirmation yet

Date: June 21, 2021 11:03

jackflash27
No

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 21, 2021 11:32

Just stop buying red vinyl from that shop! You can also stop buying vinyl totally. Your life will be much easy and hassle free. I am telling you as a former vinyl addict for 20 years winking smiley

Date: June 21, 2021 15:05

ironbelly
Just stop buying red vinyl from that shop! You can also stop buying vinyl totally. Your life will be much easy and hassle free. I am telling you as a former vinyl addict for 20 years winking smiley

ummm...are you actually following along?

You do know we're talking red vinyl here?

It's like black vinyl but it's red...sort of like red licorice is to black licorice.

I hope that's been clarifying.

Date: June 21, 2021 15:45

treaclefingers
ironbelly

It's like black vinyl but it's red...sort of like red licorice is to black licorice.

I am aware about the topic. Extremely limited to 1000 copies red vinyl and it is sold only in one shop.

So what? It is just another rare limited vinyl. People have a lot of troubles getting those. And lost their nerves. Just stop buying if it makes you unhappy.

Date: June 21, 2021 15:50

ironbelly
treaclefingers
ironbelly

I am aware about the topic. Extremely limited to 1000 copies red vinyl and it is sold only in one shop.

So what? It is just another rare limited vinyl. People have a lot of troubles getting those. And lost their nerves. Just stop buying if it makes you unhappy.

DUDE! It's RED!

Date: June 21, 2021 16:21

treaclefingers
ironbelly
treaclefingers
ironbelly

DUDE! It's RED!
I know. And it looks unnatural. Vinyl should be black! Otherwise it is a toy for millennials winking smiley

Date: June 22, 2021 15:58

ironbelly
treaclefingers
ironbelly
treaclefingers
ironbelly

DUDE! It's RED!
I know. And it looks unnatural. Vinyl should be black! Otherwise it is a toy for millennials winking smiley

The unhealthy habit of collecting absolutely everything that is offered by this band is an affliction that I one day hope to find a cure for. I even skipped out RSD this year and eschewed the 10" transparent Rio and red 7" Keith releases.

I'm getting better.

But then there's the yellow Hot Rocks next month. I want to say no but...it's yellow. YELLOW! I don't have yellow yet!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home