Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: May 10, 2021 15:13

Thanks tioms I will give that a try

Regards

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 10, 2021 18:30

tioms
treaclefingers, For me there is no need to open my LP and the other one is for a friend. Only for collection.(I'm 70 of age) The last few decades my LP's are still sealed.

Good on ya! There are a lot of people that 'get angry' for some reason that there are some of us that hold 'sealed copies'. I've gotten quite a collection of sealed copies now.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: May 10, 2021 19:20

Anyone got a direct link for the blue and lonesome red sale?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 10, 2021 19:25

jackflash27

Anyone got a direct link for the blue and lonesome red sale?

Direct links:

[Carnaby.TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk]

[Carnaby.TheRollingStonesShop.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-10 20:00 by Irix.

Date: May 10, 2021 19:35

thanks

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: May 10, 2021 20:01

got one... they were again 1 minute early !!!

3/3

Date: May 10, 2021 20:01

GOT IT! I only grabbed one, leaving 499 for the rest a you miserable SOBs.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 10, 2021 20:02

got one – within no time. It was just too easy…
(53.07 Euros including delivery to Germany)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-10 20:04 by slewan.

Posted by: folon ()
Date: May 10, 2021 20:03

got one. sold out now

Date: May 10, 2021 20:05

yes, one in the pocket

Date: May 10, 2021 20:09

so, was there a 'one copy per customer' limitation?

Date: May 10, 2021 20:10

I really wonder why it is so easy sometimes and sometimes nearly impossible to get rare items, tickets etc.
Getting a ticket for Ronnie Wood@allsaintschurch was easier to get a ticket than for Shepherd's bush…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-10 20:10 by slewan.

Date: May 10, 2021 20:11

treaclefingers
GOT IT! I only grabbed one, leaving 499 for the rest a you miserable SOBs.

OK, I see now that there was a limit to only 1 per person, but I want it known that my original intention of only buying one is still solid! And sorry I called the rest of you miserable SOBS.

I have no idea if you're actually miserable.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 10, 2021 21:29

Meanwhile the December 17th orders of SF still have NOT shipped or the buyers been given the courtesy of any news whatsoever !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sat65 ()
Date: May 10, 2021 23:14

gotdablouse
Meanwhile the December 17th orders of SF still have NOT shipped or the buyers been given the courtesy of any news whatsoever !

I managed to buy one of the Blue & Lonesome. Though with my son still waiting (in vain?) for his Stick Fingers I am not 100% confident of receiving it.

Date: May 10, 2021 23:17

Sat65
gotdablouse

I managed to buy one of the Blue & Lonesome. Though with my son still waiting (in vain?) for his Stick Fingers I am not 100% confident of receiving it.

I think they'll have learned from the previous debacle. I received my HONK after several weeks.

I don't understand why they limit it to 500 online. Why not 2000? THey'll still sell out and give more fans something...PLUS make more money.

We we really need to see these selling on EBAY for $300 the day they go on sale on Rollingstones.com?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 10, 2021 23:45

treaclefingers
Sat65
gotdablouse

I think they'll have learned from the previous debacle. I received my HONK after several weeks.

I don't understand why they limit it to 500 online. Why not 2000? THey'll still sell out and give more fans something...PLUS make more money.

We we really need to see these selling on EBAY for $300 the day they go on sale on Rollingstones.com?

I'm sure they have crunched the numbers.
The tax incentives on the marketing aspect of the new flagship store etc probably offset any profits they could make on units sold over 1000.

Date: May 10, 2021 23:53

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
Sat65
gotdablouse

The tax incentives on the marketing aspect of the new flagship store etc probably offset any profits they could make on units sold over 1000.

how so?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 11, 2021 00:18

>I don't understand why they limit it to 500 online. Why not 2000? THey'll still sell out and give more fans something...PLUS make more money.

The big selling point is the exclusivity, and if you remove that by pressing a bunch more than a truly limited release, like four times more, you remove the likelihood of it selling out immediately, if at all. Especially with a niche product like colored vinyl, or any vinyl at all, or any physical medium at all, you rapidly run the risk of having left over inventory which costs money to keep around, administrate and keep track of. Do a very short run, charge a premium, sell out immediately and its money in the bank with very little overhead. That seems to be their model on this "tourist trap" sort of merchandise they insist on foisting upon us.

But of course they probably do print up more and then expect to release them when the "limited" amount sell out, which cheats the original purchasers who bought partially on the idea that it was a truly limited (to the number promised). See this is a collectors market they are aiming at, and at least for the Sticky Fingers release, from what I recall, they doubled the supposed "limited" run and I expect they will do it with this one as well. Thats not really the way you are supposed to play the collectors game, but it looks like thats the way its going from the Stones store corner.

The cd of Blue and Lonesome is going for pretty much nothing though, so there is an alternative, albeit not a fancy pretty one spinning on your turntable. Or sitting unopened in your collection. I know I don't need to hear the actual copy being sold here, I have it in three editions already anyhow.

Now when someone offers me one for 30$ including shipping, I might be interested.

jb

Date: May 11, 2021 00:20

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

how so?

Well, I'm sure they've crunched the numbers, not so sure about England's tax codes winking smiley

But, if it were based in the US, these "Carnaby Store Exclusives" would undoubtably count as marketing/promotional material for their new flagship store.

Theoretically, if they lost money producing/selling them, they would then be able to write that loss off on their taxes. Even if they made money, the cost to produce would be a write-off.
Meanwhile, those that visit the store either in person or online (in-person more likely) will add more profitable items to their cart.

By making it exclusive to the Carnaby store site, brick or virtual, it's promotional.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-11 00:26 by MisterDDDD.

Date: May 11, 2021 03:18

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

how so?

Well, I'm sure they've crunched the numbers, not so sure about England's tax codes winking smiley

But, if it were based in the US, these "Carnaby Store Exclusives" would undoubtably count as marketing/promotional material for their new flagship store.

Theoretically, if they lost money producing/selling them, they would then be able to write that loss off on their taxes. Even if they made money, the cost to produce would be a write-off.
Meanwhile, those that visit the store either in person or online (in-person more likely) will add more profitable items to their cart.

By making it exclusive to the Carnaby store site, brick or virtual, it's promotional.

Yeah, I guess so. Though I think all their costs are write offs as relate to either the store, or to the physical product, so that really doesn't make a difference. Additionally, the physical product has both fixed and variable costs, so the more you produce the lower the apportioned fixed cost per unit.

In other words, the more you produce the cheaper it is - that is as long as you sell everything.

I just kind of think 500 or 1000 in total is a pretty low number.

Even if you think of the revenue they're taking in, what, $50000 for the entire lot? That seems like chump change, never mind what the profit even is from that (though I'm sure the margin is pretty high).

Maybe what they're really doing is marketing the 'exclusivity' of the store, maybe the cache of that is the real goal, get the buzz going. Otherwise I don't see Mick getting excited about Blue and Lonesome red vinyl selling out 1000 copies, worldwide.

Date: May 11, 2021 03:37

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

how so?

Yeah, I guess so. Though I think all their costs are write offs as relate to either the store, or to the physical product, so that really doesn't make a difference. Additionally, the physical product has both fixed and variable costs, so the more you produce the lower the apportioned fixed cost per unit.

In other words, the more you produce the cheaper it is - that is as long as you sell everything.

I just kind of think 500 or 1000 in total is a pretty low number.

Even if you think of the revenue they're taking in, what, $50000 for the entire lot? That seems like chump change, never mind what the profit even is from that (though I'm sure the margin is pretty high).

Maybe what they're really doing is marketing the 'exclusivity' of the store, maybe the cache of that is the real goal, get the buzz going. Otherwise I don't see Mick getting excited about Blue and Lonesome red vinyl selling out 1000 copies, worldwide.

Clearly made to draw attention (and sales) to the high-end store.
They don't sell these anywhere else, so I do think the write-offs for promotion come into play in not a small part.

Not sure (again) how English taxes work, but costs associated with getting people to the store (physically/virtually) would be fully deductible here.
I've never heard of a business where "all their costs are write offs", but I've learned stranger things about England (what they call smokes for ex) before winking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 11, 2021 08:36

Glad I didn’t stay up all hours for the Milli-micro second I’d see this online then to see sold out!!

Rod

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: May 11, 2021 11:53

I heard at Christmas they put the A Bigger Bang Live At Copacabana Beach 3 red vinyls it's true

Date: May 11, 2021 12:50

mick64

I heard at Christmas they put the A Bigger Bang Live At Copacabana Beach 3 red vinyls it's true

Dunno, but there's also a Clear-Vinyl edition (exclusive to Sound of Vinyl) - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: May 11, 2021 15:50

At the moment I that I bought 2 copy's on E bay at £200 was a little bit to high as I now see there are a couple on 135 à 150£, but we can live with it.We want one and we have one.

Date: May 11, 2021 16:14

tioms
At the moment I that I bought 2 copy's on E bay at £200 was a little bit to high as I now see there are a couple on 135 à 150£, but we can live with it.We want one and we have one.

it's always wise to wait until the first hype is over and prices come down…

Date: May 11, 2021 16:30

Is there some 'story' that goes along with Honk? It's obviously not limited to a certain number of copies as its still available.

It's also the only one that appears to have the actual cover altered.

Date: May 11, 2021 17:15

treaclefingers

Is there some 'story' that goes along with Honk? It's obviously not limited to a certain number of copies as its still available.

"This won’t be a limited pressing & will be a permanent part of the Carnaby collection" - [Twitter.com] .

Date: May 11, 2021 17:51

Irix
treaclefingers

"This won’t be a limited pressing & will be a permanent part of the Carnaby collection" - [Twitter.com] .

thanks Irix!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home