Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 22, 2021 15:41

jbwelda
Topi the "statue of limitations..." (be sure to quote it all if you are going to quote it) "...clock so to speak" I was referring to is the deadline one has to report fraudulent or undelivered goods to paypal you get your money back. Most other banks etc have similar rules: you snooze, you lose, if you don't report it in a timely manner then obviously you don't really care and therefore are not entitled to a refund. Banks don't want to carry this burden forever, they need to write off their losses sooner than later if they want to stay afloat.

jb

Right, gotcha. Yeah, I figured that was what you meant. And as far as the time limit for credit card disputes, in some countries that's regulated by law, not necessarily the T&C of the banks. But yeah,good point.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 22, 2021 18:07

spunky
They removed the Sticky Fingers Red Vinyl from the store: [carnaby.therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

Honk Red Vinyl is available again.

I'm still waiting for my Sticky Fingers Red Vinyl I ordered on 11th December with a release date of 31 December.

Not shipped I'm guessing ? I wonder what Bravado is doing to get "Universal" (or whoever pressed the Red SF) to deliver the quantities (500 in theory) that were allotted to them ! Surely someone somewhere must know what's going on or have they just decided to wait for stiffed customers to request a cancellation to get their money back ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: johan ()
Date: January 23, 2021 15:43

jackflash27
The SF RED vinyl arrived this morning! Just when I thought it was not going to happen anymore, the mailman brought some good news.

Still waiting, also in the Netherlands (shipped on December 15th). Was it delivered by PostNL or another carrier?

Took almost two months before a silver vinyl version of AC/DC’s Power Up arrived from the UK by the way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-23 15:55 by johan.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 23, 2021 17:07

Still waiting for the 3 red vinyl slabs of HONK. It's been 4 weeks, but reading the comments hear with respect to SF, I guess that isn't unusual.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 23, 2021 19:09

I'm still waiting too, no mailing mails for both SF and Honk

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: January 23, 2021 22:21

johan
jackflash27
The SF RED vinyl arrived this morning! Just when I thought it was not going to happen anymore, the mailman brought some good news.

Still waiting, also in the Netherlands (shipped on December 15th). Was it delivered by PostNL or another carrier?

Took almost two months before a silver vinyl version of AC/DC’s Power Up arrived from the UK by the way.

Delivered by PostNL. A friend of me in Nijmegen is also still waiting on his copy. Patience, it will arrive in the end.

Date: January 23, 2021 22:25

Stone601

I mailed RS shop about Honk. They told me that the release date was delayed to 30th January.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 23, 2021 22:42

My Honk has shipped on Jan. 7, I received a mail.
Still not arrived yet...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 24, 2021 01:17

Know what it means when one person is told the release was delayed until the 30th and another says he was notified a month ago that his was shipped?

Someone is being told stories.

And lest there is any confusion, I believe both the stories above, I don't think the fault lies with the customers.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 24, 2021 02:09

jbwelda
Know what it means when one person is told the release was delayed until the 30th and another says he was notified a month ago that his was shipped?

Someone is being told stories.

And lest there is any confusion, I believe both the stories above, I don't think the fault lies with the customers.

jb

Actually, both could be accurate.

One of my SF's took a few days more than a month from the day it was shipped to reach me. Customs papers marked with shipping date etc.
And.. another of my SF orders was scheduled to ship 12-31, and that run has been delayed... may end up being cancelled, but for now.. delayed.

Interesting in that it appears with both the SF and Honk red releases they didn't run them all at the same time. I guess with Honk.. there is no "all" but,
they definitely don't appear to be making large runs of either of them at a time.

Date: January 24, 2021 02:38

So you agree his was shipped a month ahead of its now announced release date and just hasn't happened to actually arrive yet? That would require a fair size rip in the space-time continuim. But who knows...we in America have been believing stranger things for four years now so I guess its plausible.

jb

Date: January 24, 2021 02:56

jbwelda
So you agree his was shipped a month ahead of its now announced release date and just hasn't happened to actually arrive yet? That would require a fair size rip in the space-time continuim. But who knows...we in America have been believing stranger things for four years now so I guess its plausible.

jb

Read the thread, several Honk's have been purchased and received before the "release" date, as well as the SF's (mine shipped 12-12 with a release date of 12-31).

And I'm in the states..(I didn't believe any stranger things winking smiley) I gave you two real life examples of how both can be true.
Believe, don't believe, up to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-24 03:11 by MisterDDDD.

Date: January 24, 2021 08:23

Like I said, someone is being told stories.

Thanks though.

jb

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: January 24, 2021 12:11

I ordered the Red Tattoo You t-shirt a month ago, but haven't received it yet in Purmerend, Holland.
Maybe due to Brexit, or problems at the frontier ?

Or maybe a postman is wearing it by now sad smiley

Date: January 24, 2021 15:40

jackflash27
Stone601

I mailed RS shop about Honk. They told me that the release date was delayed to 30th January.

Little correction about the mail communication regarding the Honk vinyls. The exact reply from rs.com was: The street date has changed for the HONK (Carnaby Street Exclusive Stones Red 3LP) (Half Speed Master 180g Vinyl) and your order is now expected to ship on or around January 29th

So it's not the release date that was pushed back, but the 'street date' (whatever that means).

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 24, 2021 16:44

jackflash27
jackflash27
Stone601

Little correction about the mail communication regarding the Honk vinyls. The exact reply from rs.com was: The street date has changed for the HONK (Carnaby Street Exclusive Stones Red 3LP) (Half Speed Master 180g Vinyl) and your order is now expected to ship on or around January 29th

So it's not the release date that was pushed back, but the 'street date' (whatever that means).

I still think the shop is run by amateurs

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 24, 2021 18:06

Is it only goods being shipped to Europe that are delayed? Because UK businesses are voicing lots of complaints about delays and other problems created by the amount of new Brexit-related red tape that they now have to deal with for shipments to Europe.

Date: January 24, 2021 18:11

Beast
Is it only goods being shipped to Europe that are delayed? Because UK businesses are voicing lots of complaints about delays and other problems created by the amount of new Brexit-related red tape that they now have to deal with for shipments to Europe.

Nah.. took literally over a month for mine, from ship date to my door in the states.

I think a lot of the delays are due to shipping issues, whether it be the finished product or the materials to produce them.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 25, 2021 15:14

Today I've received my secound HONK red 3 LP (from the shop) here in Belgium (for a friend). The only thing missing on that LP is the plastic cover of CARNABY NO 9. Maybe the cost was too high as an extra!!!?!?!?

Date: January 25, 2021 16:11

tioms
Today I've received my secound HONK red 3 LP (from the shop) here in Belgium (for a friend). The only thing missing on that LP is the plastic cover of CARNABY NO 9. Maybe the cost was too high as an extra!!!?!?!?

For a friend...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Did you receive the plastic cover with CARNABY NO 9 on it, only on the first HONK LP you received, or on neither of the two?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 25, 2021 18:25

tioms

The only thing missing on that LP is the plastic cover of CARNABY NO 9. Maybe the cost was too high as an extra!!!?!?!?

Maybe there's no additional plastic sleeve because the Carnaby No.9 logo is already on the Cover?

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 26, 2021 10:57

No, on the first one (HONK) wasn't also no plastic cover of CARNABY NO 9.
Maybe for The Stones it was to expensive! to do that in thesame way as SF and GHS!

Date: January 26, 2021 13:25

tioms

No, on the first one (HONK) wasn't also no plastic cover of CARNABY NO 9.

So far, I've never seen a original picture of HONK with the Carnaby No.9 plastic sleeve:

[iorr.org]

As mentioned above, the Carnaby No.9 logo is already contained on the HONK-Cover, maybe that's why there's no additional logo sleeve. And HONK Red-Vinyl isn't limited - [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 27, 2021 17:08

I wonder when the store will just go ahead and cancel the SF orders that haven't shipped because there was a problem with their "allotment"? They've got our money so I guess there's no hurry for them...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: January 28, 2021 18:18

Yesterday 26th the HONK 3LP arrived in Holland, but no signs of SF red vinyl anyone who has a direct CS contactadress ??

Re: STICKY FINGERS RED LP RS STORE LONDON
Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: January 28, 2021 18:19

so far nothing .. its about 6 weeks since i got a mail item was shipped to me in holland ...

Date: January 28, 2021 18:25

DECCA61

anyone who has a direct CS contactadress ??

Not a direct address but from the Help & Support pages of the Carnaby Store - [umusicstoresupport.zendesk.com] .

Re: STICKY FINGERS RED LP RS STORE LONDON
Posted by: johan ()
Date: January 28, 2021 18:59

DECCA61
so far nothing .. its about 6 weeks since i got a mail item was shipped to me in holland ...

Haven’t received it either in the Netherlands (shipped on December 15th)...

Date: January 29, 2021 11:17

DECCA61
Yesterday 26th the HONK 3LP arrived in Holland, but no signs of SF red vinyl anyone who has a direct CS contactadress ??

On the help section of the rolling stones.com shop you will find a contact form. My experience is that they do the best they can to track the order. They are not unwillingly if it comes to refunds either.

I got mine last week. A friend of me in Nijmegen did not receive his copy though...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-29 11:19 by jackflash27.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 30, 2021 20:35

The shop rubbish bins and skip could be worth having a good scavenge through, ya never know what ya might find smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home