Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 3, 2021 20:55

jackflash27
gotdablouse
You'd think that with the shipping costs they are charging there would be some kind of basic tracking involved...what's going to happen if they never arrive as seems likely now with 3+ weeks in the mail !

I mailed RS.com webshop last week about this, but they did not yet respond. Just have to wait a little longer. If it's not here within a week, then I'll ask for a refund at paypal

Yep I suppose that will be the only option, now maybe it says shipped and it hasn't in fact shipped ? After all they were supposed to ship orders after December 31st. Some here have received theirs though, so...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 4, 2021 01:36

gotdablouse
You'd think that with the shipping costs they are charging there would be some kind of basic tracking involved...what's going to happen if they never arrive as seems likely now with 3+ weeks in the mail !

gotdablouse, I bet they will arrive. I have found the orders take a very long time, especially during the holiday season.
To note:I have found their customer service to be even worse than in the past, but that may be my own experience, in attempting a return.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: January 5, 2021 17:34

Just got a reply from JON from UMUK Store support:

Please allow me to apologise for the fact you have not received your order from us.

Moving forward, your order was shipped, in accordance with your preference using a UK standard service without a tracking number on the 11th December. Due to the current global Covid -19 situation, orders can take up 20 working days to be delivered and cannot be tracked. The 20th day in this scenario is the 13th January.

If you have not received your order within these time frames, please contact the local sorting office of your national postal service as they sometimes hold onto packages they were unable to deliver. If you still have not received your order after contacting your local sorting office, please let us know and we will assist you further.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 5, 2021 17:58

Got my orders promptly and correctly - a little pricey though...

Date: January 5, 2021 18:15

Elmo Lewis
Got my orders promptly and correctly - a little pricey though...

Well, it's a good investment if you ever want to get rid of them. Prices on ebay for these RED Carnaby vinyls are insane.

Date: January 6, 2021 00:30

"If you have not received your order within these time frames, please contact the local sorting office of your national postal service as they sometimes hold onto packages they were unable to deliver. If you still have not received your order after contacting your local sorting office, please let us know and we will assist you further."

Sounds like idle talk since there's nothing the "local sorting office" can do without a tracking number. As for what "further assistance" they will provide is anyone's guess, it's not like they can ship another copy...normally ;-) The bottom line is that charging 7£ for shipping without any tracking whatsoever is a ripoff and a problem waiting to happen.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 6, 2021 13:16

A question, Is there an plastic cover of """CARNABY no9""" on the red LP "HONK"?
I'll say as on GHS and SF?
Today I've received the red LP's But missing the plastic cover 'CARNABY NO9'
Greets,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 14:49 by tioms.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 8, 2021 11:11

Honk red now available
[carnaby.therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 8, 2021 12:04

I got mine 2 days ago. In Belgium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-08 12:05 by tioms.

Date: January 8, 2021 12:06

Stone601
Honk red now available
[carnaby.therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

I ordered it on 12 december already here: [carnaby.therollingstonesshop.com]

Posted by: woody ()
Date: January 9, 2021 12:05

A First class service.
Many Thanks
I ordered a shirt and Honk yesterday and both arrived this morning.
Excellent.

Date: January 11, 2021 19:55

jackflash27

Please allow me to apologise for the fact you have not received your order from us.

Moving forward, your order was shipped, in accordance with your preference using a UK standard service without a tracking number on the 11th December. Due to the current global Covid -19 situation, orders can take up 20 working days to be delivered and cannot be tracked. The 20th day in this scenario is the 13th January.

If you have not received your order within these time frames, please contact the local sorting office of your national postal service as they sometimes hold onto packages they were unable to deliver. If you still have not received your order after contacting your local sorting office, please let us know and we will assist you further.

Any luck getting your parcel ? I haven't unfortunately. I went to my local post office and they were kind enough to let me look around for a package that my local mailman might have left there but nothing. I have an email into the store. Maybe it got sent back to them...

--------------

Date: January 11, 2021 22:26

gotdablouse
jackflash27

Any luck getting your parcel ? I haven't unfortunately. I went to my local post office and they were kind enough to let me look around for a package that my local mailman might have left there but nothing. I have an email into the store. Maybe it got sent back to them...

No, nothing... I don't go to my local post office, because it's absurd. My name and address is on the parcel, so when I'm not home, they put a note in my mailbox that I can pick it up. I'll give it this week and then mail RS shop again. By the way: a friend of mine (also in The Netherlands) also did not get the parcel yet. I can't imagine both parcels got lost. I keep hope that it arrives one of these days... I'm really pissed off about this. I am also waiting on a parcel from London from a friend with some records in it. This parcel was shipped around 16 December. Seems there is a big F*** up at the UK Post (and / or the local post here).

Date: January 11, 2021 22:38

Good point, it seems unlikely that so many packages would have gotten lost/stolen...Putting notes in mailbox seems to have become "optional" here, in fact it happened to me in December for packages with tracking so it was worth looking around at the post office. Let's hope for the best !

--------------

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: January 12, 2021 21:45

The sticky fingers put it is not sold out and it is not sold either, they mean it is a mess

Date: January 13, 2021 11:36

A few words missing above it seems ! Did you mean to say that they sold more limited red Sticky Fingers online than they had stock for and that as a result some orders have still not been shipped ?

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-13 18:41 by gotdablouse.

Date: January 13, 2021 20:07

gotdablouse
A few words missing above it seems ! Did you mean to say that they sold more limited red Sticky Fingers online than they had stock for and that as a result some orders have still not been shipped ?

The plot thickens...

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: January 13, 2021 20:45

Too right jackflash27, there are big problems here in England with postal services, due to so many staff off sick or self isolating. We have been waiting weeks for some parcels, and still getting Christmas cards posted a month ago

Sadly all part of our way of life at the moment........

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: January 13, 2021 21:07

ycagwywpmd
Too right jackflash27, there are big problems here in England with postal services, due to so many staff off sick or self isolating. We have been waiting weeks for some parcels, and still getting Christmas cards posted a month ago

Sadly all part of our way of life at the moment........

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I really feel sorry for you guys in the UK. The whole Corona pandemics is just terrible.
I'm still waiting on my Sticky fingers Red LP (shipped 11 December). I read on twitter it could take up to 7 weeks to receive packages from the UK. When I read the BBC item, I can understand why. So I'll probably just wait. Hang on!

Date: January 13, 2021 21:33

I wrote to get news about my copy and this is the answer:

Thank you for your email.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay.

I am afraid we are still awaiting delivery of the item you have ordered.

I can confirm that we are chasing our supplier for any update as to when we can expect this to arrive although at this time we do not have an exact date.

As soon as stock arrives we will ship all orders and you will be sent an email confirmation. Should you no longer wish to wait, please let us know and we can cancel this from your order for you.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks,

Jon

Customer Services

Date: January 13, 2021 21:50

Stone601

I can confirm that we are chasing our supplier for any update as to when we can expect this to arrive although at this time we do not have an exact date.

As soon as stock arrives we will ship all orders and you will be sent an email confirmation. Should you no longer wish to wait, please let us know and we can cancel this from your order for you.

Many thanks,

Jon

Customer Services

What LP did you order and when? For my Sticky fingers copy I got a shipment confirmation a few days after I ordered.

Date: January 13, 2021 23:02

jackflash27
Stone601

Many thanks,

Jon

Customer Services

What LP did you order and when? For my Sticky fingers copy I got a shipment
confirmation a few days after I ordered.
I pre-ordered SF on Dec 11th. I have never received any shipping emails

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 13, 2021 23:51

What a bunch of crap, but at least they gave you the option to cancel.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: January 14, 2021 07:43

Ordered SF from UK store and Honk from US store. Haven’t received either.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 14, 2021 11:40

There are people complaining on the Stones' Facebook page that they didn't receive the Goats Head Soup deluxe they ordered back in October...

Date: January 14, 2021 16:28

But had it been shipped ? Different problem if it was.

With Sticky Fingers it seems there are two problems :
- shipped but not received, not the store's fault, although for the 7€ they charge they could include some basic tracking info
- not shipped even though it was ordered which raises questions as to how stock is managed on the website (most of us were getting "out of stock"). Worse, in the case of Stone601 who ordered on 11/12 and is told there is no stock when they put up more copies for sale on 17/12 ! Has anyone who ordered on 17/12 had their copy shipped ?

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-14 22:39 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 14, 2021 16:52

On 11/12 I ordered Sticky Fingers wich had a release date of 31/12 and a shirt but still have no message, it had still not shipped.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 14, 2021 22:12

Wow... that took a while.

Shipped on Dec 11th, which I did receive notice of, and arrived this AM in NW Washington state.

Fortunately, in mint condition.. whew.
As others have mentioned, tightly wrapped in cardboard, with the album in a plastic sleeve, but no real protective packaging..
Hope my others arrive as safely winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-14 22:27 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: January 15, 2021 00:46

tioms
A question, Is there an plastic cover of """CARNABY no9""" on the red LP "HONK"?
I'll say as on GHS and SF?
Today I've received the red LP's But missing the plastic cover 'CARNABY NO9'
Greets,

No: This one with a different cover but without plastic cover.
[www.discogs.com]

STICKY FINGERS RED LP RS STORE LONDON
Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: January 14, 2021 22:37

Hi everyone, i was wandering if anyone has already received the RED Vinyl Sticky Fingers LP from London's Stones Shop?

take care Richard

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home