Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 9, 2020 20:20

HONK Red Vinyl: [Carnaby.TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] - £45.00 / €54.00 / $60.00 .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 9, 2020 21:34

Wondering how many different versions of Honk there are now?
I recall GRRR having quite a few different variations and formats (though I don't think colored vinyl?), but I think HONK is surpassing it now w/the new Carnaby red version.

Along with the various cd versions and the standard double black vinyl, there's:

HONK triple black vinyl currently reduced to $44.74 on Amazon US (w/free shipping) - HONK

HONK double blue vinyl Target exclusive at $32.99 - HONK

Then there's this extra "special" Honk Deluxe Edition multi-Color 4LP set listed at $79.98 - HONK

"The 4LP edition is a limited, heavy-weight colored vinyl set (purple, red, orange, yellow)
housed in a slip case including 12’’ x 12’’ artwork insert. Features bonus live vinyl"

I'm sure there's probably even more versions out there, and it probably drives the hardcore collectors nuts, but what could they possibly come up with next?
I haven't bought any version yet, and not sure if I ever will, but that double blue vinyl looks nice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-09 21:40 by Hairball.

Date: December 9, 2020 22:05

Hairball

Wondering how many different versions of Honk there are now?

Countless: [iorr.org] - there was also a translucent red Vinyl-Edition: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 9, 2020 22:52

Thank you MisterDDD for providing the song list.

Unfortunately they didn't include "Living In A Ghost Town". So I guess this is basically the old 3 vinyl version as released before.

I guess it is a nice collection. Gives a pretty good picture what the Stones up to since 1971, and thereby a natural addition to the Carnaby Street products for random tourists to purchase.

Still, like when the collection was initially released, makes me wonder why they didn't include "Anybody Seen My Love". Of any post-TATTOO YOU cuts (that is, "Start Me Up" and "Waiting On A Friend") it is clearly the most streamed Stones song (before the release of "Living In A Ghost Town").

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-09 22:54 by Doxa.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 10, 2020 01:59

Doxa
Thank you MisterDDD for providing the song list.

Unfortunately they didn't include "Living In A Ghost Town". So I guess this is basically the old 3 vinyl version as released before.

I guess it is a nice collection. Gives a pretty good picture what the Stones up to since 1971, and thereby a natural addition to the Carnaby Street products for random tourists to purchase.

Still, like when the collection was initially released, makes me wonder why they didn't include "Anybody Seen My Love". Of any post-TATTOO YOU cuts (that is, "Start Me Up" and "Waiting On A Friend") it is clearly the most streamed Stones song (before the release of "Living In A Ghost Town").

- Doxa

Yeah.. was anxious to see if it had the live tracks and/or LIAGT cool smiley

Neither- so a pass from me.
Like the notion of those live tracks on vinyl. I was at at a few of the shows, and kind of fun to relive. Have them downloaded but will likely pick up the four LP deluxe set at some point as it appears to be the only vinyl option with them.
Cool looking set as well..

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 10, 2020 04:01

Maybe I missed it but what does the title "Honk" refer to?

Dont need another redundant compilation though although that four disk set looks tempting. Someone please post if and when this version goes on sale (I doubt it will but you never know).

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-10 04:06 by jbwelda.

Date: December 10, 2020 04:04

The other thing is, looks like they crammed a lot of time onto each side, which means, sound quality is probably compromised. I hate when that happens

jb

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 10, 2020 04:15

jbwelda
The other thing is, looks like they crammed a lot of time onto each side, which means, sound quality is probably compromised. I hate when that happens

jb

You're right -IMHO I think they are just mixing songs to get the right combination to sell more records. Hell. even the most casual Stones fan could configure a better song list. even some of the Setlist complainers/perfectionists dismiss this effort.

When If You Can't Rock Me and Luxury are left off then the album is beep beep and not Honk!

Date: December 10, 2020 12:20

jbwelda

Someone please post if and when this version goes on sale

HONK 4LP Color-Vinyl: [TheRollingStonesShop.com] - (still on sale since 19-Apr-2019).

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 10, 2020 13:17

jbwelda
Maybe I missed it but what does the title "Honk" refer to?

jb

Probably means just as much as Grrrr!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 10, 2020 16:50

Well at least there was a monkey that could be assumed to be making that noise ;-) And it signaled the return of the Stones after it looked they could be gone forever (5 years, Keith's insulting bio, etc...) and we got Mick Taylor back for a couple of years, lots of positive vibes ! Honk ? Not so much, in fact it could be argued it means zilch to the "fans" !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: December 10, 2020 18:56

Thanks for the link but that isnt really that much of a bargain, $20 per LP, I find that to be a basic price for vinyl these days. Maybe more for the color vinyl. On the other hand Amazon wants a lot more for it so maybe that is a sale price on the Stones site.

jb

Date: December 11, 2020 21:23

More Carnaby Nyawning smiley 9 Sticky Fingers red vinyl here:

[carnaby.therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

So I gather they have cancelled more orders from the first go-round and put them back on sale.

Date: December 11, 2020 21:37

Topi
More Carnaby Nyawning smiley 9 Sticky Fingers red vinyl here:

[carnaby.therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

So I gather they have cancelled more orders from the first go-round and put them back on sale.

Thanks Topi!
Threw in a Brown Sugar candy bar with this one (if they don't cancel, used different account tho) winking smiley

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: December 11, 2020 21:44

Thanks Topi,just pre-order mine

Date: December 11, 2020 22:01

Also-
Just got a confirmation that the first one I ordered just shipped (!)

"Delivery 1 of 1 has been dispatched

Order No. XXXXXX — Monday, December 7, 2020 1:36:24 PM
Shipped Item(s)

1 x The Rolling Stones – Sticky Fingers (Carnaby Street Exclusive Stones Red Vinyl) (Half Speed Master 180g Vinyl)"

Date: December 11, 2020 22:50

Yep, mine has shipped too, way earlier than expected.

They seem to be trickling out the sales to fool the "scalpers", well done !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: December 11, 2020 23:13

Sold out again.

A related note..
Will trade one SF for GHS cool smiley

Date: December 11, 2020 23:55

That "Brown Sugar" chocolate bar was hard to find, had to do a Google search in case anyone's looking it's here [therollingstonesshop.co.uk] couldn't find it in the shop directly, maybe because it's got a "Release Date 29 January 2021" ? Do they have more food stuff in the store ?

--------------

Date: December 11, 2020 23:55

Seems to be sold out mostly but I still had the pre-order link reappear. Maybe payments are getting declined or something.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 12, 2020 00:13

Got 2

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: December 12, 2020 00:25

gotdablouse

Do they have more food stuff in the store ?

There's also 'Cherry Red': [iorr.org] . It's in the RS-Shop since September 2020 and is "hidden" in the Accessories section. See also here: [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-12 00:30 by Irix.

Date: December 12, 2020 00:33

Thanks, I can see them now in accessories when sorted from A to Z. Has anyone here ordered them ? Hope they taste nice for the price ;-)

--------------

Date: December 12, 2020 00:52

The Sticky Fingers red LP still sporadically coming up...happy hunting!

Date: December 12, 2020 02:19

yeah I would grab one (and thus start the madness...) if I was lucky enough to find it available but hasnt happened yet! Thanks everyone for the heads up...please post more when and if!

jb

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 12, 2020 13:13

jbwelda
yeah I would grab one (and thus start the madness...) if I was lucky enough to find it available but hasnt happened yet! Thanks everyone for the heads up...please post more when and if!

jb

Happy to trade my SF copy for a GHS copy (if you have one).

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: December 17, 2020 19:57

When will the red vinyl of gosts head soul be on sale for the Stonians so that what they ask for 300 euros they will not sell even one

Date: December 17, 2020 20:12

mick64
When will the red vinyl of gosts head soul be on sale for the Stonians so that what they ask for 300 euros they will not sell even one

??
Was released on Sept 7th and sold out quickly @ $29.99 US.
Going for $$$ on Ebay etc..

For those that may have an extra.. willing to trade TWO Sticky Fingers Carnaby Red for one and pay shipping. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-17 20:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 21, 2020 10:50

MisterDDDD
Also-
Just got a confirmation that the first one I ordered just shipped (!)

"Delivery 1 of 1 has been dispatched

Order No. XXXXXX — Monday, December 7, 2020 1:36:24 PM
Shipped Item(s)

1 x The Rolling Stones – Sticky Fingers (Carnaby Street Exclusive Stones Red Vinyl) (Half Speed Master 180g Vinyl)"

Did anyone received their Sticky fingers copy yet? It has been 2 weeks ago that they shipped my copy.

Date: December 21, 2020 15:21

Nope...and with the high rate of packages "lost" over the holiday season I'm a tad worried !

@MisterDDDD - have they shipped your extra copy + bs chocolate or were you spotted ? ;-)

--------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home