Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 3, 2020 17:18

MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

Can’t quite see. Does this have a real zipper??

Rod

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 3, 2020 18:24

Haha.. Dandie & MrDDD... Just to avoid misinterpretation, my intent was not to sound nihilistic or moralistic or anything like that. In a way one could say that for us who have bought music in a material form for all of our lives, these are wonderful times: we are treated with stuff we would even have imagined back in the day. I mean, back then it was just one version: a vinyl (later CD) with a cool cover, and that's it. Now there is so many options to choose from. All the releases come in different versions if not in different colors (if one is a true completist that starts to sound demanding, though). There are new mixes, new technologies used to hear the stuff better than ever, there are additions to fill the gaps in old chapters - 'opening the vaults' - to tell the old story in more detail and in a better light. There are books, posters, footages etc. included. The packages, mostly, look and feel aesthetically pleasent too. In many ways one is justified to think that these are like 'gifts', something made by Santa for us being good kids for ages. Them bring us joy. And nothing wrong with that - is not even a guilty pleasure!

And if compared to the old times when there was every year (at most) only one individual new Rolling Stones album in a standard form plus a single or two, and nothing else, now there are several new tempting items every year to purchase.

It is generally said that it is all streaming these days. That's all that matters in record business nowadays. That the old-time physical records don't sell any longer. I don't think the reality is (yet) that simple. True that the physical albums don't sell in such quantities as before any longer (far from that), but I think there is still a good money in that business, although that doesn't seem to make much news. The so called catalogue artists, with a loyal fanbase with big wallets (comes with age) still buying stuff, are still important for record companies. Our heroes are a good example of that.

So I guess what we are now wittnessing is an end of an era indeed, but still having a kind of internal character of its own in the history of recorded music. The last big hurray or something. It is based on nostalgia and on our old habits, but we old-time music buyers are not 'useful idiots' (mostly) because we don't buy just anything: we are experts in judging the stuff and our collections are pretty impressive, so the record companies need to keep that in mind and offer such products that are novel and exciting enough. That keeps the criterion high, and - some obvious tricks aside - mostly the quality of the released stuff is rather high. Win-win.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-03 18:33 by Doxa.

Date: December 3, 2020 18:40

bitusa2012
MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

Can’t quite see. Does this have a real zipper??

No, it doesn’t!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:04

Got in right at 3:00 EST. Had one in my cart. By the time I got to the last screen at 3:02 it was sold out and my cart was emptied.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:04

Yep gone in 1 minute and none for me

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-03 22:05 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:09

Damn, it cost me 1 minute to figure out where on the site the Sticky fingers RED vinyl was. And when I got there, all sold out. Probably someone who bought all 500 at once.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:09

It was sold out at 7:58 UK time. 2 min before the start...

If Irix, BV or Topi didnt get one - there were never any in store.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-03 22:14 by schwonek.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:14

Got it in my basket at 7:57, choose the delivery method, and was sold out when I've clicked on "place order"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-03 22:17 by Massimo68.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:16

sold out when it showed up for the first time @7:58.....
WTF
It was easier to get one of 100 signed Keith Richards sad smiley

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:16

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-03 22:19 by rcfoxy.

Date: December 3, 2020 22:22

rcfoxy
where would your friend have gotten a voucher code for this purchase? Was there an exclusive sale?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:23

Roscoe
Got in right at 3:00 EST. Had one in my cart. By the time I got to the last screen at 3:02 it was sold out and my cart was emptied.
Same.

Date: December 3, 2020 22:30

Still in my basket now but can't place the order.

Date: December 3, 2020 22:30

Massimo68
Still in my basket now but can't place the order.

Just throw it out, I will try for you winking smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:35

If we recall back to the recent past when something (I forget what exactly) was supposed to go on sale at the Stones online store, it was immediately "sold out" except that it seemed that it just wasn't available yet. Some time later, a couple hours as I recall, it suddenly became available. So it was never sold out, that was just a boiler plate response to it not being available (yet).

So the same or similar might happen here. The fact it was "sold out" before it was officially available is a clue to me. If I wanted one, I would haunt the place for a while and it might magically appear for sale.

Just a thought

jb

Date: December 3, 2020 22:40

YOu might be right JB:
"We're doing our best to deliver your order on time, however, we may experience delays somewhere along the way as we try to keep everyone safe."

hot smiley

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:40

jackflash27
Damn, it cost me 1 minute to figure out where on the site the Sticky fingers RED vinyl was. And when I got there, all sold out. Probably someone who bought all 500 at once.

It took me even longer to find it on the site. Oh well.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 3, 2020 22:41

jackflash27

Damn, it cost me 1 minute to figure out where on the site the Sticky fingers RED vinyl was.

Here's the link, if it's available again: [Carnaby.TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] .

Date: December 3, 2020 22:42

Does anyone remember how the sale of the RED Goats head soup went a few months ago? Did it also sell out immediately?

Date: December 3, 2020 22:55

Irix
jackflash27

Damn, it cost me 1 minute to figure out where on the site the Sticky fingers RED vinyl was.

Here's the link, if it's available again: [Carnaby.TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] .

Found it after a few minutes myself (which was too late obviously), but thanks anyway

Date: December 3, 2020 23:05

jbwelda

Some time later, a couple hours as I recall, it suddenly became available.

Unfortunately no new batch - neither after the 1st, nor after the 2nd hour. Still sold out ....

Original price was btw £25.00 / €30.00 / $33.00 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-04 00:05 by Irix.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 3, 2020 23:08

how long before boots turn up ...... ?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 3, 2020 23:17

Is that red vinyl region free? Do you know if it will play outside the UK?

Date: December 3, 2020 23:26

ironbelly
Is that red vinyl region free? Do you know if it will play outside the UK?

Yep, but with a multi-region turntable.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 3, 2020 23:36

Clear Market-making strategy, otherwise advertise and sell 2,000 copies, 3,000....

Most of these will have been pre-allocated to sellers. And, as we see in the blurb.....more Red to come.

In other words, every album in Red Vinyl with the same hype.

The only reason to buy this is to make a few quid by re-selling to anyone more keen to be a "completist".

Don't forget, though, that the number 1 rule of collecting anything with the intention of holding it as an investment....you've got to sell when the Market is high (same as anything else). At the moment there are a lot of Stones fans of a certain age with plenty of money.....that obviously isn't going to last forever !!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: December 4, 2020 00:01

AVAILABLE AGAIN NOW....

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: December 4, 2020 00:03

I was lucky to get a copy tonight. The order was timed at 7:57:30. They threw in a tongue keyring! I live in London and for the next red release I will take the morning off work and queue outside the shop.

Date: December 4, 2020 00:05

chriseganstar
AVAILABLE AGAIN NOW....

not over here... sad smiley

Date: December 4, 2020 00:15

chriseganstar

AVAILABLE AGAIN NOW....

Nothing seen. And if it was really available then probably 1 piece for 1 second ....

Date: December 4, 2020 00:42

I had 1 in my cart before 08.00 GMT, but by the time I got to the payment page it said unavailable. I spent the next 2 hours bar about 15 minutes refreshing my cart every 10" until just before 10.00 GMT it suddenly went through to the payment page and I could enter my cc details and pay, followed by an email confirmation. It may well be worth trying around the hour mark again....

Satisfied since 1976

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home