Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 24, 2020 19:35

SonofHarlemShuffler
A question for Londoners: how much of a ghost town is the capital these days? I can easily get to the new shop by train and tube but I’m wondering how difficult it is to maintain social distancing on the streets and even inside the store itself.

London is much quieter than it should be and the streets are not very busy.
It is a great time to visit London as it is much less crowded.
As for the shop I’ve walked past it a few times myself but haven’t been in yet and it has looked quiet when I’ve walked past.

Nate

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 24, 2020 23:52

Its probably much like living in a ghost town.

jb

Date: September 25, 2020 19:11

Nate
SonofHarlemShuffler
A question for Londoners: how much of a ghost town is the capital these days? I can easily get to the new shop by train and tube but I’m wondering how difficult it is to maintain social distancing on the streets and even inside the store itself.

As for the shop I’ve walked past it a few times myself but haven’t been in yet and it has looked quiet when I’ve walked past.

Nate

Thank,Nate. I guess a quieter London is still quite busy compared with other towns. Can’t believe you didn’t go in the shop!

Date: September 25, 2020 19:16

SonofHarlemShuffler
Nate
SonofHarlemShuffler

Nate

Thank,Nate. I guess a quieter London is still quite busy compared with other towns. Can’t believe you didn’t go in the shop!

I went in to the shop today. I was the only one in there apart from the two shop assistants. Social distancing not a problem!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 1, 2020 23:10

"The launch of RS No9 saw the creation of 10 one off pieces of art by John Pasche, the designer of the original Rolling Stones iconic tongue logo. Head to RS No9 to get your hands on one."

[www.Instagram.com] · [iorr.org]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 5, 2020 11:44

Design team get some satisfaction with £1.5m Rolling Stones Carnaby Street store fit-out

~"There had been plans for a grand opening and visit from the band but obviously that was curtailed when lockdown came along - it was originally one of only two days this year when all four band members would be in the UK"~

[www.business-live.co.uk]

Date: October 5, 2020 13:37

Does anyone have the answer as to why 'Star Star' does not appear on the track listing on the inner sleeve of the RS No9 red vinyl GHS? (maybe the same on the black vinyl as well, I haven't seen one of those).

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 5, 2020 13:44

Manofwealthandtaste
Does anyone have the answer as to why 'Star Star' does not appear on the track listing on the inner sleeve of the RS No9 red vinyl GHS? (maybe the same on the black vinyl as well, I haven't seen one of those).

The inner on my vinyl box does indeed include Star Star.

Date: October 5, 2020 14:39

ChrisL
Manofwealthandtaste

The inner on my vinyl box does indeed include Star Star.

Cheers Chris, that's interesting, so maybe its only missing on the red vinyl version.....

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: October 5, 2020 16:25

Indeed, I've a red vinyl RS NO 9 Carnaby without 'Star Star' mentioned on the innersleeve. Maybe it's only on the red vinyl's Carnaby Store Exlusive LIMITED EDITION missing????

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 10, 2020 14:54

Ronnie and Sally visited RS No.9 on 10/9:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 13, 2020 10:38

Unused concepts for litograph prints for Carnaby store ;

[www.behance.net]

Date: November 13, 2020 12:00

bye bye johnny

Ronnie and Sally visited RS No.9 on 10/9:

[Twitter.com] · Large picture

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 1, 2020 11:55

Sticky Fingers in red
[www.facebook.com]
Introducing...the Sticky Fingers Stones Red Limited Edition LP
The latest instalment in the Stones Red LP series — following on from Goats Head Soup 2020, which sold out in under 24 hours! 500 of these will be available in the Stones London Carnaby Street store from Thursday December 3rd & 500 available from the online Stones Carnaby store later that day at 8pm GMT / 12pm PST. The best way to secure one is to head down to the Carnaby store, or join the Rolling Stones mailing list for reminders: [the-rolling-stones.lnk.to]
More Stones Red to come!

Date: December 1, 2020 14:30

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: December 2, 2020 16:05

It is known if the next red vinyl will be exile or it is not known

Date: December 2, 2020 16:30

mick64

It is known if the next red vinyl will be exile or it is not known

It's not known yet, only: "More Stones Red to come!".

But if they do Exile, they should do it as 4LP with the 2010 Bonus-Tracks (not officially released on Vinyl until now).

Date: December 2, 2020 18:51

It just never ends, does it. The pimping of the catalogue, I mean.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 2, 2020 20:04

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: December 2, 2020 20:16

Never ending story! I only have the first GHS and that's enough. And maybe at the end a compleet red vinyl box? Sorry Stones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 2, 2020 20:18

Looking forward to the green vinyl series, followed by the purple vinyl series....

Ridiculous.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 2, 2020 20:53

... Buy them now and have fun watching
your kids fight over their favorite color ........ HHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: December 3, 2020 04:42

Personally looking for the gold and green versions to go with the red. Ites gold and green, the primary colors of iration.

jb

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 3, 2020 09:15

jbwelda

jb

I’m beginning to feel a little like this regarding Deluxe Edition box-sets, too. It’s just never-ending; and often, very, very expensive. Vinyl and CD’s will soon be collectibles for the affluent only.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: December 3, 2020 09:17

what time Sticky Fingers goes on sale in Europe

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: December 3, 2020 10:46

mick64
what time Sticky Fingers goes on sale in Europe
8pm GMT

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 3, 2020 15:12

Big Al
jbwelda

jb

I’m beginning to feel a little like this regarding Deluxe Edition box-sets, too. It’s just never-ending; and often, very, very expensive. Vinyl and CD’s will soon be collectibles for the affluent only.

I personally made this observation a long time ago. I haven't really wanted to talk about it that much, since I see all these big box sets and whatever packages very important for many people here, which is to say that there is a demand for that kind of stuff (so, if that makes the record companies and the costumers happy, no problem). But I don't think anyone needs to be any kind of rocket scientist to see that we are here wittnessing the last days of a dying business (music in material form), and the leading idea is to milk out every cent possible as there still are people alive buying this stuff. Enjoy it while you can.

But what goes for these red coloured album versions, well, I guess they need to pay the rent for that Carnaby Street store... As someone described McCartney's efforts to sell his new album in four different versions by adding a different demo for each, "novel and innovative", I guess that is too...

- Doxa

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 3, 2020 15:44

Doxa

I personally made this observation a long time ago. I haven't really wanted to talk about it that much, since I see all these big box sets and whatever packages very important for many people here, which is to say that there is a demand for that kind of stuff (so, if that makes the record companies and the costumers happy, no problem). But I don't think anyone needs to be any kind of rocket scientist to see that we are here wittnessing the last days of a dying business (music in material form), and the leading idea is to milk out every cent possible as there still are people alive buying this stuff. Enjoy it while you can.

But what goes for these red coloured album versions, well, I guess they need to pay the rent for that Carnaby Street store... As someone described McCartney's efforts to sell his new album in four different versions by adding a different demo for each, "novel and innovative", I guess that is too...

- Doxa

I represent an undoubtably small percentage of the buyers and am in general a fan of these releases.
Having not owned vinyl in decades, and not really a large collection of cd's, these refreshed/repackaged releases are very appealing, as I just recently (GHS release)
committed to obtaining them, again, mostly in vinyl.. (ex took the entire album collection years ago).
Works out well having quite a bit to choose from and also being in no rush. Interested in what comes next in this red series and hoping to snag one of these.

Date: December 3, 2020 15:53

Doxa
Big Al
jbwelda

jb

- Doxa

The voice of reason!

Too bad, no matter how many times I tell myself I have to stop, I can't resist these things (like the Keith box set)...

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: December 3, 2020 17:02

DandelionPowderman

The voice of reason!

Too bad, no matter how many times I tell myself I have to stop, I can't resist these things (like the Keith box set)...

Same

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home