Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 41
Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 9, 2020 21:55

ironbelly

Does red vinyl sounds any better than black one?

At Google it's a common question in the search bar: "colored vinyl sound quality". The first result leads to: [Blog.Discogs.com] .

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 9, 2020 23:27

Honestman
Back in 2012, there was already a store in Carnaby Street

Was it the same place ?

It was on Carnaby st no10 .. next door

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 9, 2020 23:28

Hi All,

Does the Carnaby Street Store sell the full range of Goat's Head Soup music (except the limited editions red an clear vinyl), i.e super deluxe CD box set and cassette?

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 9, 2020 23:51

Lien
Honestman
Back in 2012, there was already a store in Carnaby Street

Was it the same place ?

It was on Carnaby st no10 .. next door

Ok thanks Lien !

HMN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 10, 2020 00:31

ChrisL
Beast
The store was doing a brisk trade and people were lining up for selfies with the tongue in the street. Got there as it opened and managed to swag a few red vinyls smiling smiley

Well done, Beast! I wish I could have made it and joined you.

Yes - Mr Jimmy and I were wondering where you were! We figured that work maybe prevented you from coming until later or another time sad smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 10, 2020 01:43

Colored (transparent) vinyl is virgin vinyl...any recycling would be showing up as a different color swirled or spotched into the primary color. So at least you got that.

jb

Date: September 10, 2020 03:20

I cannot believe what these red vinyl editions are bringing (not just asking) on ebay. Twenty some bids and prices around two hundred bucks plus a good 25 for postage.

Personally, I would be good for the postage amount...for the record and postage. Just don't see the attraction, but I guess its "special" just because it is supposedly "exclusive" to the store. Whoop de doo...doo doo doo doo.

jb

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: September 10, 2020 10:30

Beast
ChrisL
Beast
The store was doing a brisk trade and people were lining up for selfies with the tongue in the street. Got there as it opened and managed to swag a few red vinyls smiling smiley

Yes - Mr Jimmy and I were wondering where you were! We figured that work maybe prevented you from coming until later or another time sad smiley

I’m out of the country for another couple of days and couldn’t make it back in time to get one of those red vinyls :-(

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 10, 2020 16:02

They've certainly come up in the world of retail...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 10, 2020 16:18

Green Lady
They've certainly come up in the world of retail...

Brilliant grinning smiley. Here’s the video.

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 10, 2020 16:50

Beast
ChrisL
Beast

Well done Beast! I miss you Brit lot.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 10, 2020 21:22

Hi,

The music product available in the No 9 Carnaby Street store as of Thursday, 10 September at 11.30 am;

[*] Goats Head Soup CD Super Deluxe box set
    [*] Goats Head Soup limited edition cassette
    [*] Goats Head Soup limited edition alternative cover with bonus etched 7” pressing of Scarlet

The above items are the same price as on the official online store without the shipping cost. For the CD Super Deluxe box set, it is £100 and cheaper than on Amazon.co.uk.

—————-

The Goats Head Soup Exclusive Deluxe 2LP with the alternative goat colour on clear Vinyl is NOT available at the shop.

The shop exclusive red vinyl sold out on 09 September at 5.00 pm.

Cheer,
SonicD

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: September 10, 2020 22:21

I've bought that Goad Head Soup LP in red on ebay 200€ postage included to Belgium and i'm satisfied with price to have one. For me I think no other way to have one.
No bids done: bought: Buy it now.

Date: September 10, 2020 22:45

tioms

I've bought that Goad Head Soup LP in red on ebay 200€ postage included to Belgium and i'm satisfied with price to have one.

Cheaper in price than a ride with the Eurostar-Train from Brussels to London (and back) .... winking smiley

Looks also you have to go in quarantine since Belgium is not on the list of no self-isolation requirement on arrival in England: [www.gov.uk] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 23:00 by Irix.

Date: September 11, 2020 10:27

My question: How does it come that some people can sell up to 8 LP's (GHS red LP) on E-Bay?
greets,

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 11, 2020 10:55

Sitting by the water in Venice with an espresso then unexpectedly and very kindly a friend messaged me from London informing me he picked up a red vinyl for me.

La Dolce Vita

Nate

Date: September 11, 2020 12:00

> How does it come that some people can sell up to 8 LP's (GHS red LP) on E-Bay?

Maybe they paid people to buy it and sell it to them so they could then resell them for a profit? When they are going for better than 200 USD, there is a lot of room for profiteering.

jb

Posted by: seebee ()
Date: September 11, 2020 13:27

tioms
My question: How does it come that some people can sell up to 8 LP's (GHS red LP) on E-Bay?
greets,

The shop was letting people buy up to three copies each, so don't think it would have been that difficult.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 11, 2020 20:15

jbwelda
> How does it come that some people can sell up to 8 LP's (GHS red LP) on E-Bay?

Maybe they paid people to buy it and sell it to them so they could then resell them for a profit? When they are going for better than 200 USD, there is a lot of room for profiteering.

jb
High-altitude scalpers !

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 11, 2020 20:31

Evidently the nice looking wine beaker is priced at over £500...wtf...

Date: September 12, 2020 10:26

Stone601 says: High-altitude scalpers !

Do you know another way to have one in Belgium?
If I want to go by opening the shop for this LP:

I've have to go to London 14 days before due to quarantaine,
2 days visiting London,
After 2 days leaving London and by arrival in Belgium another 14 days quarantaine!

So, IMO, you can name it: scalpers!
I'm 100% agree with my deal for 200€.
Travelling to London is higher in price for 2 persons (16days) staying in hotel in London!
But, you are right, if I had done that , the LP was cheaper!!!
Greets,

Date: September 12, 2020 12:25

tioms
Stone601 says: High-altitude scalpers !

Do you know another way to have one in Belgium?
If I want to go by opening the shop for this LP:

I've have to go to London 14 days before due to quarantaine,
2 days visiting London,
After 2 days leaving London and by arrival in Belgium another 14 days quarantaine!

So, IMO, you can name it: scalpers!
I'm 100% agree with my deal for 200€.
Travelling to London is higher in price for 2 persons (16days) staying in hotel in London!
But, you are right, if I had done that , the LP was cheaper!!!
Greets,

I understand your point of view, I live in Italy and it would have been difficult for me to go to London. But as you call them those who sell 300% more?Many are not even usually disk sellers.But in my opinion everyone is free to do what they want of their money

Date: September 12, 2020 14:39

That's a bargain!
[www.ebay.co.uk]

Date: September 12, 2020 18:14

tioms
That's a bargain!
[www.ebay.co.uk]
smiling smiley

Date: September 12, 2020 18:35

You can ask whatever you want for something; that does not mean someone will be stupid enough to pay that for it.

jb

Date: September 12, 2020 20:00

tioms

That's a bargain!

£2,000.00 and "Condition is Used" - [www.eBay.co.uk] ....

Date: September 12, 2020 20:35

jbwelda
You can ask whatever you want for something; that does not mean someone will be stupid enough to pay that for it.

jb

I agree with you. And I would never pay more than 50€ for this record. But for those who can afford it there is no amount that holds. Stupidity has nothing to do with it.... the collector pays any price you can afford...not me

Date: September 12, 2020 23:46

601, it would be stupid, there is no other word for it, to pay that two thousand pounds when you could get it at the relatively inexpensive two hundred dollars it is more typically selling for.

Never mind that last week it was 35 dollars or something, and that in a month I think it will be had for somewhat less than the panic buying we are witnessing. There just aint that much special about it, other than the trendy color vinyl and some new (and ugly if you ask me) packaging.

jb

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 13, 2020 13:28

jbwelda
601, it would be stupid, there is no other word for it, to pay that two thousand pounds when you could get it at the relatively inexpensive two hundred dollars it is more typically selling for.

Never mind that last week it was 35 dollars or something, and that in a month I think it will be had for somewhat less than the panic buying we are witnessing. There just aint that much special about it, other than the trendy color vinyl and some new (and ugly if you ask me) packaging.

jb

The crucial part is the music itself, and there are plenty of easy ways to get hold of that. The rest, to me, is trivial and superficial. But as with everything, each to their own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-13 13:30 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: seebee ()
Date: September 13, 2020 18:26

I think that for some people it’s just about having something that completes a collection. I’m sure there aren’t many but I’d imagine there will be some people out there who aim to have every release from their favourite band.

And for others this is an investment as a genuine limited edition. There are only 1,000 of these out there. That bestows it with a value as a piece of ephemera, so it has the value of whatever people are prepared to pay for it now, in five years, or even 10 or 20 years from now.

I’ve no idea now but years ago there used to be a record collector’s magazine that listed prices of rare records, etc. Imagine there’s still a market for these sorts of things.

Different strokes...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home