Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Who owns Brian Jones' Paint it Black days sitar?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 18, 2020 12:38

For fax sake ya gotta remember Mick was
already having an affair with a random computer ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 18, 2020 12:52

maybe not faxes, but telegrams smiling smiley
currently Bill Wyman is selling lots of things.. here is a telegram: [www.julienslive.com]

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-18 12:55 by MononoM.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 18, 2020 13:12

Mathijs is correct, DandilionPowderman too.
It's not unthinkable that (some of) the Stones had a fax machine in the late sixties (bloody expensive, but still).
cool smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 18, 2020 13:21

Early Soviet fax m/c (1960). Indestructible.

image by wikipedia

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 18, 2020 21:00

georgie48
His Majesty
Yet another Brian thread crammed with misinformation. eye rolling smiley

I've always respected your input HM, so feel free to comment. It won't take that much time and I like nothing more than correct info on Brian for as far as that is possible (I enjoyed Trynka's book!)
winking smiley

No point as the same misinformation will just appear over and over again some time later no matter what is said. smiling smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 18, 2020 21:09

I think it is started with Morris Code smiling smiley

Date: August 18, 2020 22:28

His Majesty
georgie48
His Majesty

I've always respected your input HM, so feel free to comment. It won't take that much time and I like nothing more than correct info on Brian for as far as that is possible (I enjoyed Trynka's book!)
winking smiley

No point as the same misinformation will just appear over and over again some time later no matter what is said. smiling smiley

I understand what you mean HM. I've been on a crusade now for years telling that Mick Avory was not a drummer of The Rolling Stones, but when even Keith says he was, what to do. Avory himself (when I met him) was sort of desperate having to tell over and over again that he only rehearsed with the guys months before they became the Rollin' Stones. Luckily it's well documented for future Stones fans (grandsons/daughters and any future true music lovers winking smiley).
I see if I can trace your earlier remarks
smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 19, 2020 00:40

His Majesty

Please clarify and set the record straight. thumbs up

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: October 26, 2020 11:30

"And its not 'just a few items', but really a lot, literally dozen and dozen's of necklaces, jackets, art, paintings, boots, but also personal stuff of Brian like letters, faxes, bills and whatever more have turned up in the market to collectors, all from the Brian Jones estate."

let's break this down: Necklaces (these come from Geoffrey Giuliano),Jackets (sold by Anna Wohlin before she died in March 2018, Boots (from an Austrian fan), letters, faxes, bills (from the collection of Linda Lawrence, Linda Keith, collector Ali Zayeri and the Bill Wyman auction.)
one of Brian's firebirds: still in the Stones hands in the seventies (shown in the iorr clip) and sold by the Stones.Show me the art/paintings and convince me. Again: The Brian Jones Estate, operating from nearby Oxford UK sells nothing. The only thing they gave away were Brian's leather boots in the early seventies. Brian's sister gave Brian's blue velvet curtains to a local theatre, that's all folks.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-26 11:34 by paulspendel.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 26, 2020 12:02

paulspendel
"And its not 'just a few items', but really a lot, literally dozen and dozen's of necklaces, jackets, art, paintings, boots, but also personal stuff of Brian like letters, faxes, bills and whatever more have turned up in the market to collectors, all from the Brian Jones estate."

let's break this down: Necklaces (these come from Geoffrey Giuliano),Jackets (sold by Anna Wohlin before she died in March 2018, Boots (from an Austrian fan), letters, faxes, bills (from the collection of Linda Lawrence, Linda Keith, collector Ali Zayeri and the Bill Wyman auction.)
one of Brian's firebirds: still in the Stones hands in the seventies (shown in the iorr clip) and sold by the Stones.Show me the art/paintings and convince me. Again: The Brian Jones Estate, operating from nearby Oxford UK sells nothing. The only thing they gave away were Brian's leather boots in the early seventies. Brian's sister gave Brian's blue velvet curtains to a local theatre, that's all folks.

I thought they burned all his stuff? Now you say all these people were in possession?

Make up your mind.

Mathijs

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 26, 2020 14:34

dead.flowers

image by wikipedia

I read Brian was such a good instrumentalist he could play Ruby Tuesday on that fax machine.

Date: October 26, 2020 14:57

wonderboy
dead.flowers

image by wikipedia

I read Brian was such a good instrumentalist he could play Ruby Tuesday on that fax machine.

thumbs up

Both in Russian and English.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 26, 2020 15:34

24FPS
...Well, do we know what happened after the police left? No one called it murder to begin with, so what would have been the reason to seal off the property to prevent deterioration of evidence? ...

Very good point ... Brian drowned, end of (sad) story!

Date: October 26, 2020 17:03

dead.flowers
Mathijs
paulspendel
Tom Keylock and builders Morris Tucker, and John Betsworth burnt all kinds of items. Like his clothes, some instruments and Brian’s bible. Mick Martin witnessed this fire, a very religious man, and he managed to rescue the Bible from the fire. Brian’s famous 1968/1969 velvet trousers and some other stuff were taken home by the builders. Also some items reached his parents, like Brian’s snake skin boots.

Sorry, this is all total bullshit. They didn't burn any of Brian's stuff.

Brian's parents visited Cothcford for several days and took possession of most of Brian's stuff -clothes, instruments, jewelry, art and whatever more.

For the last 10 years or so the Brian estate has been selling more and more of Brian's stuff, and for reasons I do not know, the last year the market is flooding with Brian owned stuff.

And its not 'just a few items', but really a lot, literally dozen and dozen's of necklaces, jackets, art, paintings, boots, but also personal stuff of Brian like letters, faxes, bills and whatever more have turned up in the market to collectors, all from the Brian Jones estate.

Some of his instruments went back to the Stones office (like his Mellotron, his LP Goldtop, one of his Firebirds, his Vox Mando), and the rest went to his parents, who have sold just about all instruments already in the 1980's.

Mathijs

Just for the record and historical correctness. We are here in 1969. Cables and telexes - therefore - yes, faxes no. Fax service was introduced in the late 70s only, e.g. by German Post Office in 1979, and became standard in business only by the mid 80s.

Just for the record winking smiley ... the first fax machines date back to the very early 60s.
At the end of that decade big companies were already using (still very expensive) facsimile communication. The resolution was not yet at quality level, but nonetheless, the were in use.

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: October 26, 2020 19:29

sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-26 19:44 by NathanLaze.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home