Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Just found 200 pix from front row LA 1975 - Here are the best 25
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 13, 2020 02:29

Hey vibrolux, I was at the early show. And what a great show it was! I bought I think 12 or 16 tickets when we got to the front of the line. We were 6th in line and there were 4 or 5 lines. We got the tickets a week or so before the show. We actually had great seats. When we left, there were lines all the way around the Forum for the late show. When I got to my car, I found that every car in that lot had been burglarized. They got my leather fringe jacket! But I still savor the memories of that show. I obtained a bootleg of the show some years back.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 13, 2020 03:00

My goodness. These are fabulous. Thanks for sharing

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: August 13, 2020 03:16

Love them, thank you so much for sharing!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 13, 2020 03:42

vibrolux
Honestman
Great story and shots, some unique !
I don't recall to have seen any pictures of ladies on stage during HTW for the whole tour 1975 thumbs up

I'm 99% sure that was Sympathy. I remember they had a procession of dancers and percussion players. You can see Charlie grinning at one of the percussion guys going by in the picture.

Yes. These were the same drummers who were the "opening act" and wandered the floor on the Forum prior to the show. (There were no opening acts/bands at the Forum shows)

On the first (July 9th) show, when they came on stage during Sympathy they were joined by Keith Moon. After the show ended, just as I was leaving he ran right past me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-13 03:43 by loog droog.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 13, 2020 03:57

great photos and the comparisons to the 2019 tour are great too.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 13, 2020 06:19

vibrolux
CaptainCorella
The band must have sounded really strange without their Bass player. How did they manage?

I guess someone's got to be a wise guy. Could have been me if it wasn't my post.

I've got about 10 of Wyman, but as you may recall, he was pretty much a statue onstage, so the pix with him didn't make the top 20. Although his outfits were pretty funny back then.

Looking sharp, Bill! (btw, isn't it easier to take pics of inanimate objects than moving ones? Just sayin'...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-13 06:21 by mosthigh.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 13, 2020 07:07

....Snakes alive .... i want that one

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 13, 2020 08:18

Great photos!!! Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 13, 2020 09:10

Wow! Amazing photos! Thank you!

- Doxa

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 13, 2020 09:17

schwonek
Awesome! Even with Bobby Keys! Magic pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I didn't think Bobby played on the 75 tour. I know he wasn't in San Francisco. Was it just select cities?

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 13, 2020 09:37

Great stuff. All tickets were for reserved seats? A few days later in San Francisco, the whole place was general admission. Maybe both were used on this tour.

plexi

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 13, 2020 09:38

vibrolux
In 1975, if you wanted great seats for a show in L.A. you camped out for a few days at the Forum. So when the 1975 tour was announced we were ready. We loaded our cars and got there a few days ahead of the on sale date. Back in the Stone age (pun fully intended), they actually sold the best seats at the ticket windows. Top price was $12.50. All you had to do was be crazy enough to spend a few days and nights at the Forum.

When the big morning came, we were first in line at three ticket windows. And we snagged front row seats for three shows. I'm 95% sure it was opening night, the middle night (L.A. Friday Night!) and closing night. They played five nights in a row back then. Maybe they took drugs.

I was a little confused with one of my sets of tickets. The two seats were in different sections. When I asked why, I was told that these were front row, dead center. Holy shit!

I was determined to sneak my camera in for these shows. Somehow I got my Honeywell Pentax H1a with a big clunky Vivitar 85-205 zoom lens in the building all three nights. Thankfully, they never confiscated my film. Five years ago, I found a few of the slides, made rough digital copies and I posted a couple of them here.

A few days ago, I stumbled upon the mother lode! I found my pix from second row 1972 and all my pix from 1975. (Plus Led Zep, The Who, and others) And with good image transfer equipment, I was able to convert decent quality digital images from my original Ektachrome slides.

Of course, many of the pix were bad for various reasons, but I did get some really good shots. When you check them out, I think you'll agree.

I also did six "then and now" pix with comparisons to some similar pix I took from the pit at the Glendale show last year.

Rather than making this a huge long post, you can see them at this gallery here:

[stonesjuly1975laforum.shutterfly.com]#

When you go there, click the link for slideshow to see larger images. I suggest that you also click the link for Options, then select the slowest speed, so you can go through them at your own pace.

Enjoy!

Ahh the good old days when if you wanted good seats, you got in line early! Now I sit in front of my laptop hoping to log in before others!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 13, 2020 11:39

vibrolux
They played five nights in a row back then. Maybe they took drugs.

Ah who knows... grinning smiley
Thanks for this wonderful thread! Do you remember if the "all black" attire Keith wore was on the very last night? (13/7)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-13 11:55 by dcba.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 13, 2020 12:44

Hi vibrolux,
You made many, who were on any of those shows very happy for sure. (In those days we/most non Americans didn't travel to other continents to see the Stones .. but I still enjoy the uniqueness of several the photos).
How about adding your top 5 of Bill Wyman shots to make it a complete memory for the US fans? cool smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 13, 2020 13:41

Wow , Incredible ! What an eye behind the lens and a master at capturing the dramatic . Pretty impressive images and such important moments captured ! I am blown away and I thank you for sharing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 13, 2020 13:50

I think that is the same guitar Ron Wood used with the Faces. I saw the Faces in Offenheimer, Germany in 1973. Second or Third Row seats. Angel was great!!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 13, 2020 14:07

man you just made my day, thanks a lot for sharing, from bolgheri thinking of mj while sipping wine

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 13, 2020 14:32

Thank you Vibrolux.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 13, 2020 14:34

IS there any easy way to download these great pics?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 13, 2020 14:56

DaveG
Hey vibrolux, I was at the early show. And what a great show it was! I bought I think 12 or 16 tickets when we got to the front of the line. We were 6th in line and there were 4 or 5 lines. We got the tickets a week or so before the show. We actually had great seats. When we left, there were lines all the way around the Forum for the late show. When I got to my car, I found that every car in that lot had been burglarized. They got my leather fringe jacket! But I still savor the memories of that show. I obtained a bootleg of the show some years back.

Great story, Dave.
Two great great things from the seventies in it that you don't see today.
Two shows in one day and a leather fringe jacket!!!

Not sure where mine from the era ever went, but wherever it is (even a landfill),
I can guarantee it still smells like patch oil and homegrown and has a roach clip attached to it.cool smiley

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 13, 2020 15:06

vibrolux
In 1975, if you wanted great seats for a show in L.A. you camped out for a few days at the Forum. So when the 1975 tour was announced we were ready. We loaded our cars and got there a few days ahead of the on sale date. Back in the Stone age (pun fully intended), they actually sold the best seats at the ticket windows. Top price was $12.50. All you had to do was be crazy enough to spend a few days and nights at the Forum.

When the big morning came, we were first in line at three ticket windows. And we snagged front row seats for three shows. I'm 95% sure it was opening night, the middle night (L.A. Friday Night!) and closing night. They played five nights in a row back then. Maybe they took drugs.

I was a little confused with one of my sets of tickets. The two seats were in different sections. When I asked why, I was told that these were front row, dead center. Holy shit!

I was determined to sneak my camera in for these shows. Somehow I got my Honeywell Pentax H1a with a big clunky Vivitar 85-205 zoom lens in the building all three nights. Thankfully, they never confiscated my film. Five years ago, I found a few of the slides, made rough digital copies and I posted a couple of them here.

A few days ago, I stumbled upon the mother lode! I found my pix from second row 1972 and all my pix from 1975. (Plus Led Zep, The Who, and others) And with good image transfer equipment, I was able to convert decent quality digital images from my original Ektachrome slides.

Of course, many of the pix were bad for various reasons, but I did get some really good shots. When you check them out, I think you'll agree.

I also did six "then and now" pix with comparisons to some similar pix I took from the pit at the Glendale show last year.

Rather than making this a huge long post, you can see them at this gallery here:

[stonesjuly1975laforum.shutterfly.com]#

When you go there, click the link for slideshow to see larger images. I suggest that you also click the link for Options, then select the slowest speed, so you can go through them at your own pace.

Enjoy!

Best line this year so far on IORR. Stil laughing.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 13, 2020 15:31

Great photos, vibrolux! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: August 13, 2020 16:55

Fantastic!!

thanks for posting

Love the 1975/2019 side by side, that's the best

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 13, 2020 17:47

Great pics!
Luv that 70's film look.
Thanks for posting!

BTW - how & what did you use to digitize all your photos?
I have an old scanner that just takes to long, dont want to spend a whole day digitizing.
thx

Date: August 13, 2020 18:18

Vibrolux, superb photos, thanks so much for sharing. The warmth and depth of the colours is so different to today’s digital images. Were you wearing particularly wide flares inside which you could hide your camera equipment?!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 13, 2020 18:23

FANTASTIC photos - thanks for sharing!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 13, 2020 18:24

yeah, #20 with Keith pointing to the sky is my favorite.

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: August 13, 2020 18:27

Any chance you will be sharing the '72 pictures soon?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 13, 2020 18:40

Great photos. Thank you for sharing them......

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 13, 2020 19:38

FANTASTIC !

Thanks for sharing!

Great find!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home