Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: first socially distanced outdoor gig in UK
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 13, 2020 16:50

In Germany the Düsseldorf Stadium-Concert with Bryan Adams, Sarah Connor and The BossHoss (13,000 spectators) on 4-Sep-2020 can probably take place - [RP-Online.de] - [www.Bild.de] .

From the capacity of 55,000 seats only 13,000 will be used (limited to seating only), keeping distance of 1.5 meters. Alcohol is prohibited, Masks must be worn during the Concert and there will be personalized Tickets with Contact-data. The Arena-roof is open, queues will be avoided, one-way ways used, no crowd-surfing, no wild dancing and so on - [www.Sueddeutsche.de] , [www.WZ.de] .

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-13 18:00 by Irix.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 13, 2020 19:24

Doesn't sound very Rock and Roll at all...sounds more like listening to a solemn sermon during a church service.
Would probably be more lively at a funeral....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-13 19:25 by Hairball.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 13, 2020 19:36

Yes, I’d pass. Why can’t they have mandatory face-covering and scarp the distancing? That’s the point of the covering, no? When you can’t ‘socially distance’?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 13, 2020 20:04

Big Al
Yes, I’d pass. Why can’t they have mandatory face-covering and scarp the distancing? That’s the point of the covering, no? When you can’t ‘socially distance’?

I agree that it's a ridiculous scene and not one I'd ever choose to be a part of. However, how do you police a packed crowd of masked concert goers to ensure every single person complies? You simply can't. All it takes is one infected non complier hidden in the middle of the crowd and we're stuffed. Masks on an infected person help prevent that person spreading germs. They offer little to no protection for everyone else from an unmasked infected person.

Live music as we know it is almost certainly a goner for this year and most or all of next and as bitter a pill as it is to swallow I'm afraid that's where we are.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 15, 2020 16:41

Meanwhile, what is life like for all the crews that can't go on tour?

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 15, 2020 18:02

Irix
In Germany the Düsseldorf Stadium-Concert with Bryan Adams, Sarah Connor and The BossHoss (13,000 spectators) on 4-Sep-2020 can probably take place - [RP-Online.de] - [www.Bild.de] .

From the capacity of 55,000 seats only 13,000 will be used (limited to seating only), keeping distance of 1.5 meters. Alcohol is prohibited, Masks must be worn during the Concert and there will be personalized Tickets with Contact-data. The Arena-roof is open, queues will be avoided, one-way ways used, no crowd-surfing, no wild dancing and so on - [www.Sueddeutsche.de] , [www.WZ.de] .

as infection rates are on the rise I doubt that this event will take place

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: August 15, 2020 18:19

What a joke. Looks is like they have won.

Date: August 16, 2020 16:27

People rarely end up on the IC with an 'ordinary' influenza. Now talk to those that work on the IC taking care of patients affected with Corona.. Just be patient and you will find out that people who don't learn from history have to repeat it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-17 01:05 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 16, 2020 23:21

Christos
Just imagine the ticket prices if that was a Rolling Stones concert!

Just imagine how big an area they would need for 50 000 grouped platformed spectators.

Date: August 17, 2020 00:05

mosthigh

Just imagine how big an area they would need for 50 000 grouped platformed spectators.

I would say it's not that much:

Assumed 4 people per platform, then 15,000 platforms = 60,000 spectators. 1 platform = 2x2m (43 sq.ft) plus 2m distance each, then should be for 123 x 123 platforms an area of 500m x 500m sufficient.

Desert Trip 2016 had an area of 78 acres (561m x 561m) and the attendance was 75,000 spectators each weekend. They could re-use the large Display:

[www.ver.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 17, 2020 00:19

If you were in the far back reaches of the GA section at Desert Trip, you might as well have been on the moon.
I remember going to one of the food courts back there in the early day prior to the shows starting, and trust me...not a place you would want to be to enjoy a concert.
There were even mini/big screens on the side about the half way mark to the distant stage for those back there as the main big screen itself looked like the size of postage stamp.
No sure how the sound was back there during the actual shows, but am assuming it was complete crap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-17 00:19 by Hairball.

Date: August 26, 2020 15:25

slewan
Irix

as infection rates are on the rise I doubt that this event will take place

Yes, the Düsseldorf Stadium-Concert has now been postponed until late autumn 2020 - [RP-Online.de] , [www.WZ.de] .

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home