Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: first socially distanced outdoor gig in UK
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: August 12, 2020 01:28

Sam Fender played to 2500 people in Newcastle at the race course - area apparently equivalent to 6 x football fields

[www.nme.com]

Re: OT: first socially distanced outdoor gig in UK
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 12, 2020 03:20

Some might say "better than nothing" and perhaps so, but I'd have to give it a pass...unless maybe I had tix for Platform A1 up front center, and the Stones were playing...maybe.
At least they're not trapped in cars at one of the latest "drive-in" concerts, but there still seems a slight risk of virus floating in the air....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 12, 2020 03:29

Just as we had a couple of the first non-socially distanced larger concerts over here with Smashmouth etc performing at Sturgis.
Lotta used motorcycles coming on the market in the not too distant future.

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 12, 2020 07:39

The picture Hairball posted is ridiculous. I’ve said a couple of controversial things regarding masks - which I regret, btw -, but seeing this scene just depresses me. I’d rather wait for a vaccine; unless they have a mandatory face-covering policy and scrap the distancing.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 12, 2020 08:13

I'd pass, personally, that looks like . . . minimal fun.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 12, 2020 08:33

Heck it looks like a cage-fighting festival .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 12, 2020 08:52

MisterDDDD
Just as we had a couple of the first non-socially distanced larger concerts over here with Smashmouth etc performing at Sturgis.

[www.cnn.com]

WTH is that supposed to mean?

Date: August 12, 2020 10:42

That many of the bikers will get seriously ill and won't be able to ride their bikes anymore? Let's see how it goes.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 12, 2020 11:23

There are plans for a concert with 13000 people in the stadium in Düsseldorf/Germany where the Stones played in 2017. It's not yet clear if this will happen. There are some political discussions...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-12 12:08 by MAF.

Date: August 12, 2020 11:56

DandelionPowderman
That many of the bikers will get seriously ill and won't be able to ride their bikes anymore? Let's see how it goes.

In Holland the amount of Corana cases increasing rapidly because many (young) people don't give a damn. Hidding towards a second pandemic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-12 11:59 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 12, 2020 13:05

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

In Holland the amount of Corana cases increasing rapidly because many (young) people don't give a damn. Hidding towards a second pandemic.

not only in Holland…

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 12, 2020 13:43

Somehow I knew that they would have shows at Sturgis because you know those guys motto is ride free or die . Incredible , as I seen a news report the other day on NBC Nightly news that Sturgis was on un officially and that masks weren't required and several people that spoke with NBC said that they weren't concerned about COVID-19 ,then bingo there's the concert stage like everything is normal . Really quite amazing in quite a bad way .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 12, 2020 14:30

StonedAsiaExile
MisterDDDD

[www.cnn.com]

WTH is that supposed to mean?

From the linked article:
"The gathering is one of the largest to be held in the US since the start of the pandemic. Experts say they're concerned it could be a super-spreader event, as many attendees travel from all over the country -- including coronavirus hotspots -- and could bring infections back home when they return."

It means of the 250k expected to be attending the event , many will get the virus and many will die. Then their widows will sell their bikes.

Hope that helps.

Date: August 12, 2020 14:36

slewan
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

not only in Holland…

I know. Why don't people just stick to the rules? It's not that difficult, it just requires a bit of common sense.

Date: August 12, 2020 14:46

TheflyingDutchman
slewan
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

not only in Holland…

I know. Why don't people just stick to the rules? It's not that difficult, it just requires a bit of common sense.

The same thing is happening here. People come home sick after being abroad + the students are partying like never before on their first days at uni...

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: August 12, 2020 14:50

TheflyingDutchman
slewan
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

not only in Holland…

sad to say this but a lot of people today do not have common sense.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 12, 2020 19:37

I'd go to a concert like that....depending on the act/band

I'd still wear a mask though....

.....clarification: NOT the Sturgis thing....the other one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-12 19:47 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 12, 2020 19:43

Rockman
hot smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 12, 2020 20:15

This would be laughable if it wasn’t so depressing.
I can’t believe people are willing to participate in this nonsense.

Nate

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: August 12, 2020 22:41

Nate
This would be laughable if it wasn’t so depressing.
I can’t believe people are willing to participate in this nonsense.

Nate

+1 eye rolling smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 12, 2020 22:51

Platform A1 up front center and the Stones playing? You will have to sell your house first, Hairball winking smiley
It reminds me of a concert by the Stones in the Olympic Stadium in Rome.
"We" bought expensive seats near the front. Very well organized. ... at first.
But then someone (possibly the Stones themselves) gave permission to the young "poor" generation sitting far away in the stadium rings to come closer (on the pitch). That part of the pitch was separated from "us rich durds" by some red/white .... tape grinning smiley
So in no time all the space in between the seats was filled with "poor kids". It was an amazing happening. Several chair "owners" were so pissed that they left!
Some of my friends were also angry until I suggested that we stand on top of our chairs overlooking every one of the "intruders". And we had a great time! Some of the young people asked if we could sit down so they could see the Stones grinning smiley
Did we? No, off course not .... sweat revenge (but not really winking smiley).
Another one of those unique Stones concerts.
I'm sure the empty space between the islands on you photo will be filled in no time too. Who is going to stop 10-20 thousand out of control people from doing that?
Well, in Cuba the military police couldn't so ...
smileys with beer

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 12, 2020 23:01

Rockman

It is; they're all married! smiling smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 12, 2020 23:14

switchblade1975
TheflyingDutchman
slewan
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

not only in Holland…

sad to say this but a lot of people today do not have common sense.

Common Sense: Not that Common...

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 12, 2020 23:46

All those big bad bikers will bring it home to their 90 year old grannies when they are comparing tattoos or whatever they do, and then they will die, not the big bad biker boys.

But as far as the bikers, not a big loss really, most are pretty far down the evolutionary chain, so a bunch dropping off the coil will benefit the entire gene pool, really.

All people bring pleasure: some by arriving, and some by leaving.

jb

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: August 13, 2020 07:36

Aquamarine
I'd pass, personally, that looks like . . . minimal fun.

It may be if you are that far away from the stage as shown in this fotos perspective.
On the other hand no pushing, no annoying non-stop talkers, no piss traffic during slower, less known songs.
On a nice summer evening, with friends - I'd be on board!

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: August 13, 2020 08:27

These are strange times when you see concerts put on like this. But, let’s hope for better times again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-13 08:56 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 13, 2020 08:49

Has anybody read any reviews by people who were actually at the show?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 13, 2020 13:52

So many people locally that had vacation plans and reservations made and $ spent and you know what they still went and are going . It seems like we have reservations/plans and we are not going to let the Pandemic get in our way of kicking back and relaxing and having fun until the moment when they get back and have to "deal with reality" and quarantine ! Think about that a moment ? You fly away and then you get off the plane and are put in quarantine for 14 days . You then return home and the same thing . Yeah sounds like fun - not ! Oh the beauty part I forgot to add is when they stick you in a hotel under quarantine guess who is paying for food and lodging ? Exactly the individual(s) that are on vacation/holiday . Sounds like fun -not !

Date: August 13, 2020 14:49

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: August 13, 2020 16:11

Just imagine the ticket prices if that was a Rolling Stones concert!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2034
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home