Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: The last time you saw The Rolling Stones onstage...
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 16, 2020 13:00

2018 Prague (on site), 2019 Miami (online). I'm sure we'll see The Rolling Stones onstage again (in one or another form) ....

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 16, 2020 14:15

2108 - Twickenham. Gold circle ticket.

Loved it. Initially thought it was going to be not so great, but it really exceeded my expectations a thousand fold.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 16, 2020 14:23

bleedingman
24FPS
2013. Los Angeles. The last time I will see them unless something changes drastically. Improved setlists. New musicians. Something.

Barclay's 2012 for me and I was bored to tears. Almost left early. No Taylor, no energy. I knew I was done and never looked back.

I am never bored by a Stones gig, but everytime I saw them, it was not as good as the tour before.
I don't want to continue that,
but I can't resist, if the Stones are near my place ...

Last was Stuttgart 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-16 14:24 by deardoctor.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: August 16, 2020 16:28

Manchester 2018. It was just my second gig but possibly better than Edinburgh 99. Mick was 74 at the time remember thinking 34 not 74... superhuman running everywhere. Seemingly everyone played their socks off.. I realised I want to see them again... but don’t know I hope it’s not the last time..

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 17, 2020 21:00

tomcasagranda
2108 - Twickenham. Gold circle ticket.

Loved it. Initially thought it was going to be not so great, but it really exceeded my expectations a thousand fold.

Mind if I borrow that time machine? I'd like to make a few changes in my past. smoking smiley What's the future like? Are the Boys still all original members, or have they been replaced with hologram versions? hot smiley>grinning smiley<drinking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 17, 2020 21:01

MisterDDDD
VoodooLounge13
Buffalo, NY Zip Code tour. I, too, believe it to be the last time. Finally got Wild Horses, which brought me to tears!!

One of my favorite shows from that tour..
Really strong 5-8 setlist.. Out of Control, Wild Horses, CYHMK, and Let's Spend the Night Together spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Fantastic show and great Stones town!

Was indeed a fantastic show, and the first time I'd ever been to a Stones gig alone. So glad I convinced myself to go!!!! I was amazed at how good they were that night. Loved St. Paul too as the opening act that night.

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: August 18, 2020 01:07

Chicago 2019, both shows.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: August 18, 2020 05:13

Phoenix '19 Took my daughter to her first Stones show.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 18, 2020 07:53

Phoenix 2019...Lucky Dip Keith side pit...had a great time...

Posted by: novica ()
Date: August 18, 2020 08:07

Prague, Czech Republic, 2018

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: August 18, 2020 10:39

Cardiff 2018. Great gig. I saw 5 of the UK shows (London 1, Southampton, Coventry, Edinburgh, Cardiff) and I think Cardiff was the best.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 19, 2020 07:30

one year ago tonight -- Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara in the Bay Area. Best of the 4 I saw in 2019. And I was in two different spots. I got my ailing older brother who first got me into the Stones to go but with whom I had never been with at a Stones show. So that was special. Spent two thirds of the show at the top of the lower section close to the stage with him. But was given a pit wristband by some random guy out of nowhere in the parking lot before the show, totally serendipitous. Spent the last third there.

Afterwards, we went to the Four Seasons Palo Alto where the band was staying and had my five year old granddaughter meet Chuck, Tim, Bernard, Daryl, Sasha and Karl in the bar/restaurant. They and she were both thrilled. They don't normally see 5 year olds in their post show gatherings and she was quite the hit. Need to post the pics here some time. Family memories forever.

Finally, if it was the last show I'll ever see of the 58 I've seen, it was somehow appropriate in that I saw my last show in the same area as my first show in '75 -- the Bay Area. I've come full circle.

plexi

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 19, 2020 17:34

timbernardis
one year ago tonight -- Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara in the Bay Area. Best of the 4 I saw in 2019. And I was in two different spots. I got my ailing older brother who first got me into the Stones to go but with whom I had never been with at a Stones show. So that was special. Spent two thirds of the show at the top of the lower section close to the stage with him. But was given a pit wristband by some random guy out of nowhere in the parking lot before the show, totally serendipitous. Spent the last third there.

Afterwards, we went to the Four Seasons Palo Alto where the band was staying and had my five year old granddaughter meet Chuck, Tim, Bernard, Daryl, Sasha and Karl in the bar/restaurant. They and she were both thrilled. They don't normally see 5 year olds in their post show gatherings and she was quite the hit. Need to post the pics here some time. Family memories forever.

Finally, if it was the last show I'll ever see of the 58 I've seen, it was somehow appropriate in that I saw my last show in the same area as my first show in '75 -- the Bay Area. I've come full circle.

plexi

Great story. My last show as well.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 19, 2020 19:11

Berlin 2018 with my daughter and my parents (their second gig, first was Kiel 1976).

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: August 20, 2020 19:45

I saw them August 1st 2019 at MetLife stadium in NJ. It was a great show! Boy how the world has changed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-20 19:47 by Rocknroll1969.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 20, 2020 21:35

June 19th 2018 at Twickenham.

"I've walked for miles - my feet are hurting"

Posted by: silver ()
Date: August 23, 2020 12:20

8th June 2007 Nijmegen, Holland, Goffert Park

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home