Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: The last time you saw The Rolling Stones onstage...
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 6, 2020 17:34

East Rutherford NJ August 5 2019.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 17:34 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 6, 2020 18:10

May 22 2018, London

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 6, 2020 18:57

July 7, 2019....a gorgeous summer evening in Foxboro, Ma...the moon was up over the stadium. I laughed when Mick later introduced the band saying, " and Chuck on bass...oh, I @#$%& UP!"....The B-stage was a gift for me with the band reviving "Play With Fire"...a rare treat. I remember thinking as Mick ran around the stage how LUCKY I was...all of us were, that he'd recovered so quickly from his heart valve procedure...my eyes actually filled with tears when they first rushed on stage. Lucky indeed...I hope our luck continues awhile longer and that by some miracle this damn virus stops spreading, we get a vaccine and The Rolling Stones tour ONE LAST TIME. This thread does have a weird, sad vibe. Better go put on some Stones to cheer myself up!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 6, 2020 19:17

Seattle 2019

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 6, 2020 19:18

Berlin 2018

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 6, 2020 20:17

Chester
Orlando, 2015

Took my 9-year-old daughter.

When I was 9, in 1977, my dad took me to see Elvis.

Seeing Elvis is something I can claim for the rest of my life. I've never met anyone my age (54) who has seen him.

I want my daughter to be able to claim the same thing with the Stones.

Took her to see McCartney a year later.

I have done that with my son. He has seen many of the great acts of my youth including the Stones last year for the first time. He has need Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Neil Young, The Who and Bob Dylan (The Desert Trip lineup) on desperate occasions. Also brought him to see Buddy Guy, Steel Pulse, The Wailers and a few others. They will remember that when tey are our age.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 6, 2020 20:29

I have done that with my son. He has seen many of the great acts of my youth including the Stones last year for the first time. He has need Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Neil Young, The Who and Bob Dylan (The Desert Trip lineup) on desperate occasions. Also brought him to see Buddy Guy, Steel Pulse, The Wailers and a few others. They will remember that when tey are our age.

Spending quality time with son or family is priceless. Great Post and the music will prove timeless as suggested.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: August 6, 2020 20:40

Pasadena 2019 (I saw 5 shows on that tour - Chicago 1,2; Foxboro, Santa Clara, and Pasadena. All great shows especially hearing Monkey Man in Chicago and especially the Santa Clara show.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 21:01 by OhYesMeAgain.

Date: August 6, 2020 21:00

Just to follow up my last post. I had always fantasized about what it would be like to hear the Stones play Monkey Man live. I never thought I would get to experience it. I think Chicago 2 was the first time they played the song live in 12 years. I was so fortunate that night.

We have all been pretty lucky these last few years. I think we will see them again!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:06

2013. Los Angeles. The last time I will see them unless something changes drastically. Improved setlists. New musicians. Something.

Date: August 6, 2020 22:11

OHYESMEAGAIN, the Stones played " Monkey Man" on Sept 20, 2006 at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, Massachusetts. I was there that night in the 4th row and it was SPECTACULAR! Amazing set list included" SWAY "!! Unfortunately Kanye West opened for them..WHY that happened, I'll NEVER KNOW! Still, one of the best shows EVER! I had to review Stones shows I've seen where I thought they played " Monkey Man" and it turns out I was wrong...I thought I saw them play it during one of the 7 No Security shows I went to. I'm still checking because I think I saw them play " Monkey Man" in 2003 too.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 6, 2020 22:23

From memory, seems Monkey Man was played often during the Licks tour....

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 6, 2020 22:24

Warsaw 2018

Best thing with the show was the opening act, Trombone Shorty, as they set up the perfect atmosphere for the evening.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 6, 2020 22:51

My latest and probably(?) my last Rolling Stones concert was in Stockholm, 2017. I had to look it up and find that it was on October 12 at Friends Arena, Solna.

With the largely unchanged setlists, one concert was enough for me. With only one concert I enjoyed it very much. Had I seen more than one, however, what I then experienced as very, very good and sometimes great, would have worn off for me.

Afterwards I thought that with no new studio material entering the setlists, I would have been ready for another concert maybe first 2022, provided that both I and the band were still to exist then!

However, with a new studio album and for instance four songs from it brought into the setlists each time, I would immediately have been interested in more than one concert.

Now with the Corona virus having taken the scene, I simply don't know if there ever will be another live Stones concert with a normal audience, but possibly.

With or without the Corona virus, my greatest hope from before 2017 has been for another studio album release with recorded material from the latest, say, three to four years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 22:54 by Witness.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:11

Stuttgart 2018. LD -> No Filter Pit Keiths side. Caught Ronnies pick.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:14

Miami 2019

I was the very LAST person to leave the Keith Pit that night with Zgubi - very wet & on a giant high but certainly not cold (I was also the last one to enter the Pit that night - but that's a different story - LOL)

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:24

MadMax
Warsaw 2018

Best thing with the show was the opening act, Trombone Shorty, as they set up the perfect atmosphere for the evening.

Trombone Shorty kicks ass. I saw them when they co-headlined a tour with Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals. I planned on doing 5 shows in 6 nights (Philly,NYC x 2, Boston and Portland) but ended up doing the Tanglewood show in Lenox Mass to end the tour.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:57

Wow. Las Vegas, 2006, if I remember the year right, at the MGM Grand. Good show, but, for me, it was a realization that I was listening to/watching, in essence, a band that had become an oldies act par excellence. As time has gone on, listening to various shows they've done since then, this view hasn't changed regarding the band. The Stones may play great, the show may be spectacular, but there's only so many times one can hear a pretty set list of songs, a derivation here and there, before going, "No mas". The Stones aren't the only ones I feel this way about. I will no longer go see Springsteen, though my wife and daughter will, anytime he comes around. Bruce may play some different or new songs, but, like the Stones, we are guaranteed a lot of warhorses. They'll sound great, but.... All of us can name any number of bands, musicians, acts who fit into this idea. I can only think of Neil Young as an exception to this, as, as I have pointed out before elsewhere here, Neil, most of the time, comes out on a solo tour or with a band and puts it out there, "Go with the flow or go away". Dylan might fit into this flow or go genre, but I tend to think he just likes mind flucking with his fans. I am not trying to burst anyone's bubble here regarding the Stones. Take this as just my musings.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: August 7, 2020 01:15

New Jersey Aug.5 2019. Waiting patiently.

Date: August 7, 2020 03:12

Yes, Hairball, Monkey Man WAS played during the 2003 Licks Tour...I'm checking to see how many of the shows that I saw that year included that song in their set list. I always loved that one LIVE!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2020 03:45

Licks 2002 also...just peaked at the setlists on the 2002 tour page of a few of the shows I attended in '02, and Monkey Man was played more often than not -
including the Halloween show at Staples, one of the two shows at Pac Bell, SF, San Diego Sports Arena, and the Joint in Las Vegas - probably several others.

Won't bother looking at too many of the 2003 shows I attended as that would be opening a can of worms, but a quick peak and I see they played it at MGM, Vegas,
Ahoy in Rotterdam, and Wembley Arena in London...again, probably lots of other places as well.

Date: August 7, 2020 06:34

Yup, we got lots of " Monkey Man" in 2002-03. I saw a ton of shows on the Licks Tour, about 8 in all and they played it in Boston( Foxboro) and Philly ( First Union Center) to name a couple of places. It's always a huge crowd-pleaser! I love the intro. That was quite the tour....they even played the Hartford Civic Centre..a place I loved! Got to hear them play " I Got The Blues" there, I almost fell out of my seat!

Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: August 7, 2020 08:01

Spielberg, Austria, september 16, 2017

Great show, big crowd

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.rs]

Posted by: curt ()
Date: August 7, 2020 08:42

8/18/19-Levi's Stadium Santa Clara...

Date: August 7, 2020 09:12

When I said Monkey Man was played at Chicago 2 for the first time in 12 years, I got my information from setlist.fm. That website said Chicago 2 was the first time Monkey Man was played since August 8, 2007. I really don't know if setlist.fm is correct or not.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 7, 2020 10:11

Warsaw 2018. My 9 years old daughter saw them first time.
Last year we saw together Ronnie in Birmingham.

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: August 7, 2020 12:25

Stuttgart - Germany

30.06.2018 - Mercedes Bernz Arena

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: August 7, 2020 14:12

Prague July 2018....And Thankfully hit also Spielberg,Arnhem 2017 And Dublin and Berlin 2018....I think Europe 2021 is on the Card's to Happen God willing....We shall see.....Be well everyone...Peace.M

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: August 7, 2020 14:37

schwonek
Stuttgart 2018. LD -> No Filter Pit Keiths side. Caught Ronnies pick.

Me too, Stuttgart 2018 with LD in the Pit, no picks though...

sjouke

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: August 7, 2020 16:00

9th June 2018 - Murrayfield , Edinburgh.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home