Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Any fans want to feel what it is like to be with the Rolling Stones?? You can but we need your HELP!!
Posted by: remdotco ()
Date: August 4, 2020 00:59

Dear Rolling Stones fans all over the world. If you want to know what it is like to be a part of the Stones family then you CAN but we need your help.

Vinnie was with the Rolling Stones for more than 20 years, as the VERY personal assistant to Ronnie Wood. He was also his brother-in-law via his sister Jo. Vinnie also looked after Keith personally a number before Keith got his own assistant. (there is an amazing story in the book where Keith nearly kills one of the members of Duran Duran whilst Vinnie is looking after him in L.A.)
I have helped Vinnie write down a large amount of stories of his time with Ronnie and the Stones below you will find a few highlights but there are LOTS more in the book.
We have 2 choices, either we write the book our way, which means all the juicy bits, the bits that the Stones have forgotten will stay in the book BUT we can only do that with YOUR help, the fans. We need at least 2.000 fans to pre-order the book on the Kickstarter campaign. If 2.000 fans pre-order the book, we can get 5.000 copies printed. These will be beautiful books with never seen before pictures and stories.
This book will make you feel as if you are right there with the Stones, in the recording studio, at the parties, on tour, dropping the kids of at school, getting drugs in Hells Kitchen for Keith and Ronnie, running the back up tape, turning the recording booth into an aquarium, crashing cars on Sunset Boulevard, Mick getting stuck in a cage on stage, being the last person to speak to John Belushi and these are just some of the highlight. The most important things is that this book will take you there, it will make you feel what it is like to be a member of the Stones family.

OR we accept the offer from Rolling Stones publishing but that means we need to take some of the real rock and roll stuff out. (and the book will become more expensive)

The Kickstarter where you can pre-order the book (only 25 days left) [www.kickstarter.com]

We hope the fans want to read about what life is like with the Stones, raw and uncensored. Let us know if we are right!

------

(Vinnie doing most of the vocals of Flying with Ronnie and Slash at Shepherds Bush London: [www.youtube.com]
The BBC interview with Vinnie about the book: [www.bbc.co.uk])

Here is a cool part about Ronnie buying a guitar for a guy with no money:

"Ronnie was a generous guy you know. I remember going to Tin Pan Alley in New York with him and we go in this guitar shop and of course all the staff are like, oooooh Ron Wood and there is this guy with a Fender just like observing it and I think God he plays really well. Ronnie must have noticed him as well. Ronnie goes: I am interested in a few. I think he bought a Strat and a Tele. Ron goes: how much would you discount? Oh for you Mr Wood; 75% I am going like: you lucky @#$%&, you know what I mean, 75% off ?!? And Ronnie turns around and goes: how much for him? The staff guy goes: what do you mean, how much for him? Ronnie goes: how much does he get? Staff guy; well he doesn't get anything? Ronnie: He has gotta pay full whack for that guitar? Staff guy: Oh yeah Mr. Wood. So Ronnie says: I tell you what, I will have those two guitars at 75% off but I want him to have 75% off or else I don't buy those guitars. This guys face,

Vinnie pulls a beaming expression

This is my @#$%& lucky day. Because he obviously couldn’t afford it. As we are walking out the door of the guitar shop, this guy goes; Listen I can’t afford it at even 75% off man. Ronnie goes to the staff guy; write his name and address down, I will have that guitar that the guy is playing now and you give me 75% off the whole lot. So the guy got a guitar for free.

Rem - What a nice thing to do."

Vinnie going into Hell's Kitchen to get drugs for Ronnie. The Godfather movie but then for real.

"Or go to the worst places like: Hell's Kitchen or Queens, if we were in New York and Ronnie didn't have any, I used to visit these black geezers, in Hells Kitchen. But I used to be disguised in plain sight. The first time I had done it, I can't remember who sent me up there but they said go up there, Jacaiba. Jacaiba used to be great because you used to go down town for Jacaiba and he’d be in a warehouse and around the perimeter of the warehouse used to be dustbins. Dustbins full of marijuana, hash. He used to open a dustbin lid and go: this is a good grass, good strength, blah blah, like Dicky would want to be like; you will find this pretty good man (Done in a New York accent) So he sent me up to Hell's Kitchen and I come into this apartment and its like bloody, you know, the Godfather. Or like Taxi driver, when somebody is murdered in the @#$%& hallway of a loaded tenement building.

So it's this big fat @#$%& geezer. And he is holding his gun. Not hiding it. He is holding it. And I am like, ohh for @#$%& sake. Another geezer next to him with his face just burnt and he is still free basing, his hair is @#$%& charred away, scars all over from the times he has set fire to himself. Everyone has @#$%& rings on and shit like that and then one guy one goes; in a gritty NY accent

What do you do for a living man? Well I work for the Rolling Stones, I am Ronnie Wood's assistant.

Oh man !! Now in an excited American accent

From then on I could go into there and be protected because they knew who I was getting it from. Used to be quite fun.

Yeah, Jacaiba, me and Ronnie used to call him; Tossing the. Tossing the Jacaiba ?

- Rem (puzzled)

Jacaiba is the shotball

So we used to call him: Tossing the."
----------
The book is filled with these stories and lots, lots more
[www.kickstarter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-04 01:31 by remdotco.

Re: Want to feel what it is like to be with the Rolling Stones?? If yes, please HELP !!!!
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 4, 2020 01:27

Nah.
"being the last person to speak to James Belushi" ??

Clearly you meant John, as Jim Belushi is doing very well.
(owner/operator of a pot farm in Oregon, about to turn it into a reality show)

If that's the kind of accuracy we can expect from the "tell all eye rolling smiley" book, then thanks but no thanks.
Love to hear more of this bulls.. I mean, your great offer from Rolling Stones publishing though.

Re: Any fans want to feel what it is like to be with the Rolling Stones?? You can but we need your HELP!!
Date: August 4, 2020 01:30

You are absolutely right and yes I have corrected but no, this is the opposite of a tell all story. If you listen to the interview Vinnie gave to the BBC last week you can hear A this is not bullshit and B this will be far from some dirty secret lid lifting book. Thank you for correcting me, I wrote this slightly to rushed, But please have a listen to the interview and share if you still feel the same.

Re: Any fans want to feel what it is like to be with the Rolling Stones?? You can but we need your HELP!!
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 4, 2020 01:40

Sorry, beat to it.

Carry on

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-04 01:41 by jbwelda.

Date: August 4, 2020 01:42

To give you an idea of what it is like to work with Vinnie and why I got the wrong Belushi (which I agree is TERRIBLE) however Vinnie is VERY analogue.
Below you will find pictures of what he gave me recently with the words "this should go in the book" this is a letter he wrote about a mix cd he made for a family member with a bunch of never before versions of Stones songs.
It includes how the title : Bridges to Babylon" came into being.
Again MEA CULPA for getting the wrong Belushi but Vinnie is the real thing, he was there and his stories will make you feel like you are there.

[remdotco.co.uk]
[remdotco.co.uk]
[remdotco.co.uk]

Date: August 4, 2020 01:46

maybe you could include that mix cd as a "super deluxe" feature for the first however many pledgers?

Take a page from the Stones playbook.

I looked at the page. I see there are already various levels of pledge. I may well be in on one, could be pretty interesting. Especially that part where he will come perform in your garden for 5k pounds. Interesting premium.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-04 01:51 by jbwelda.

Date: August 4, 2020 01:50

We may do. Ronnie used to spend a lot of time in Okehampton (South West UK) and when him and Jo split up a whole bunch of stuff of Ronnie's was left in a barn, including things like a top hat he wore on stage and to Ascot. Vinnie was told to get rid of all of it. The cool stuff he kept.

Date: August 4, 2020 01:52

I keep editing my post above but appreciate you addressing my questions or comments. I think its a pretty interesting idea and we could always use a new Stones book.

jb

Date: August 4, 2020 01:56

Vinnie does not drink alcohol, which means his memory is beautifully intact. The "creative process" however is slow and very time consuming, he is very very very analogue.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 4, 2020 18:17

Uhmmmm?.......
confused smiley

Date: August 4, 2020 21:00

Most of you probably already know that Charlie has a phobia/is afraid of car engines. However he is also a great lover of the finer things in life. Such as his beloved Aston Martin Lagonda. Which he in reality missed greatly whilst on tour. Knowing who Vinnie was he asked Vinnie to build him a model. Which Vinnie did, everything on it works, the seats (made with the same leather as the real car) slide back and forth, the windows come up and down even the light on the dashboard works. Here is a picture of it: [remdotco.co.uk]
Of course Keith saw it being give to Charlie he threw his toys out of the pram and insisted Vinnie make a model of his Bentley to keep at Redlands.
And of course, if Keith wants something, Keith gets.

Date: August 4, 2020 21:10

75% discount for a millionaire rock star? They would be selling at a loss.

You expect people to part with money for more stories like that?

Date: August 4, 2020 21:12

I do not understand what you mean with this:
75% discount for a millionaire rock star? They would be selling at a loss.

And £20 to hear what it is like to be Ronnie's assistant for twenty years? You saying that is not worth it? Please I will not be offended if you think that is the case.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 4, 2020 22:21

Please dont feed the trolls!
angry smiley

Date: August 4, 2020 22:28

Hi, yes, I realize now trolls are everywhere. Just so you all know, I joined this forum to find out if fans would want to know what it is like to be Ronnie Woods assistant for 20 years. Thats all. If the fans are not interested, then me and Vinnie (Jo's brother) will put our energy in something different.

Date: August 4, 2020 22:43

He means why would a guitar store sell a millionaire rock star guitars and give him a 75% discount? That would be selling the guitars at a loss because presumably they paid more for them wholesale than they would be selling them for. And why would a millionaire rock star insist on a discount?

The whole thing just kind of lacks the ring of truth.

And if Keef needs a model built, I am his man. Put him in touch with me please.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 4, 2020 23:04

remdotco
Hi, yes, I realize now trolls are everywhere. Just so you all know, I joined this forum to find out if fans would want to know what it is like to be Ronnie Woods assistant for 20 years. Thats all. If the fans are not interested, then me and Vinnie (Jo's brother) will put our energy in something different.

Well, look at the bright side remdotco.
You and "Vinnie" have scamm.. I mean, raised, $384(US) so far from twelve vict.. I mean, donors.

Good luck man.

Date: August 4, 2020 23:06

Maybe the book can be included in the next deluxe edition they release.

Do I get a discount for seeing the Stones over 200 times?

Date: August 4, 2020 23:55

For those suggesting that it lacks truth, have you listened to the BBC Radio interview? Did you even know Ronnie had an assistant for 20 years? Did you even know that Charlie had a phobia for car engines before I told you. I really do not mind being challenged even by trolls, but unless you actually bother to listen to interview, watch the youtube video with Vinnie on stage with Slash, read what Vinnie has been like looking after Ronnie.. Also if you think superstars are not given loads of things including guitars, amps and everything they need either heavily discounted or free then you truly have no idea how the music industry works, again feel to express your lack of knowledge about rolling stones history and events and the music industry.
For your understanding which clearly is somewhat lacking, most of the times the Stones did NOT pay for the hotels they stayed, again if you did not know that feel free to keep challenging me or Vinnies stories. Vinnies father for example made the Concorde that stood outside heathrow for ages, he taught Vinnie those skills before joining the Stones, Vinnie's mother was Nelson Mandela's secret love and help her escape South Africa, don't believe me? Do your homework. If you cannot be bothered to do that, just listen the British Broadcasting Association interview. Because the BBC would do an interview on national radio that is a scam.....

Date: August 5, 2020 00:18

jbwelda
He means why would a guitar store sell a millionaire rock star guitars and give him a 75% discount? That would be selling the guitars at a loss because presumably they paid more for them wholesale than they would be selling them for. And why would a millionaire rock star insist on a discount?

The whole thing just kind of lacks the ring of truth.

And if Keef needs a model built, I am his man. Put him in touch with me please.

Thank you,jbwelda.

jb

Thank you, jbwelda.

Date: August 5, 2020 00:24

Let me explain this using simple and little words. 1 picture of Ronnie with a Fender outweighs the value of the Fender. Also, thanks for the bump, my main interest is still finding out if fans want to know what it is like to be Ronnie's assistant for 20 years. And I think real fans will listen to the interview, will look at the youtube video, read the letter on the kickstarter campaign (Explaining how the title: Bridges to Babylon, came into being. Fans would do that. Trolls just bump my post smiling smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 5, 2020 00:42

I wonder if this is in violation of BV’s site rules? In any event, my advice is
for all to use caution. This is quite suspicious.

Date: August 5, 2020 00:51

I actually cleared this with the guy who built this forum before posting.
Again, if you think this is a scam the listen to the interview, however can I thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond and tell you more about Vinnie if you click on this link you will see 5 pictures, top left, is a picture Keiths model Bentley, the picture on the right is Vinnie on a jet being rather happy about finally getting his favorite coffee, Bottom left is Vinnie with Ronnie. Bottom right is Vinnie, in the VIP audience area taking a picture of Mick. Centre, well that is Vinnie.
Listen to the interview, if you think this is a scam, why would Keith be serving Vinnie's kids Rice Krispies for breakfast?
Again, thanks for the bump though.

Date: August 5, 2020 01:24

Here is a never seen before picture. This was sent to me after I created a similar post on a Facebook page. The first person to correctly name the gig location and people on stage will get a original vintage tour t-shirt with their book. Here is a picture of half of the T-shirts you can choose from, or you can have the poster you see in the background. Which is in my art gallery (not my day job) As I have stated before, I want to know if there are fans out there that want to know what it is like to be the personal assistant to Ronnie for 20 years. I think it is because I have spent most of my rare spare time collecting all these stories (55.000 words to date, ready for print) by going over to his house, recording my conversation with him, then I write that down, tie it together with his here and now which is very interesting in itself. I completely accept that there will people thinking this is not real, I however simply ask you, did you even know about Vinnie, going by most of the comments, I guess not. So be a sport, listen to the BBC interview, get an idea what this is about before you judge. Then judge, judge all the way, but if you are a fan, it will not hurt to listen to an interview for 30 mins. UK only without a VPN I am afraid, the show opens with the interview you will not have to search, the full interview will posted on the website soon, which will be available to everybody.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2020 01:26

.... How come Ronnie dont just bank-roll the whole thing ???? ...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 5, 2020 01:39

Well that is very simple. Vinnies family (except his parents) sucked the life out of Ronnie, not just a little bit but utterly and completely. When Ronnie divorced Jo he walked away from the whole family including Vinnie. They still have sporadic contact because of the kids but Ronnie has moved on and Vinnie would never ask him , he strongly feels that Ronnie owes him nothing. All this IS in the pre-internet public domain. Jo is a very unpleasant leach of a person, as was Vinnie's brother both of them sucked the life out of Ronnie, this last bit being very much in the current public domain. The last chapter of the book will be based on the events leading up to the publication of the book. I am acutely aware the kickstarter campaign may fail. I have been working with Vinnie on this for a 1,5 years now, getting 55.000 thousand words down and felt that now would be a good time to find out A if fans even know about Vinnie's existence in the first place (starting to guess not.) and B if enough fans want to read a book about what it is like to spend 20 years of your life with the Rolling Stones.

Date: August 5, 2020 02:10

This is a personal project of mine (I have worked 10 hour days since this covid thing kicked off) and I do this in what little spare time I have available, so I will be back tomorrow roughly same time to answer any questions as best as I can until the end of the Kickstarter campaign (25 days left)
This is the real thing, Vinnie WAS Ronnie's assistant for 20 years, all I want to know is if there are enough people who would like to read a book about what that is like. If you guys and girls are not interesting, that is fine with me. I mean it. I would be surprised but if there are not the fans who would want to know what it is like to be by Ronnie's side for 20 years, I genuinely do not care, I cannot, I got dropped as a baby and a car crash has meant that I am partially autistic which in the real wold means I dont give a shit because I do not feel that. What I do feel is that Vinnie's time with Ronnie makes for interesting reading. Would be nice to hear from some actual fans and to the trolls thank you for the bumps.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 5, 2020 02:44

What exactly are you asking for? Money? LOL. To buy the book? sure.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 5, 2020 02:45

Can't speak for all but there are times in my life when I knew exactly what it felt like to be a Rolling Stone....... at least Keith or Ronnie.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2020 08:14

Yeah Elmo ... did you also
use lemon juice ta make ya hair spike up ...????

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home