Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Any fans want to feel what it is like to be with the Rolling Stones?? You can but we need your HELP!!
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 5, 2020 10:28

In my opinion this here leads all to far in the wrong direction.
The way this thread is actually meant is:
There is a IORR-Collegue with a VERY interesting Stones-book-project who just want to find out the pre-reception here. How much we all are keen on a book like this.

I am. VERY.
And I think we all are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 11:30 by caschimann.

Re: Any fans want to feel what it is like to be with the Rolling Stones?? You can but we need your HELP!!
Posted by: remdotco ()
Date: August 5, 2020 10:38

Thank you, I started to think that I wasted every minute of spare time for the last year and a half writing all these stories down.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 5, 2020 12:32

remdotco
Most of you probably already know that Charlie has a phobia/is afraid of car engines. However he is also a great lover of the finer things in life. Such as his beloved Aston Martin Lagonda. Which he in reality missed greatly whilst on tour. Knowing who Vinnie was he asked Vinnie to build him a model. Which Vinnie did, everything on it works, the seats (made with the same leather as the real car) slide back and forth, the windows come up and down even the light on the dashboard works. Here is a picture of it: [remdotco.co.uk]
Of course Keith saw it being give to Charlie he threw his toys out of the pram and insisted Vinnie make a model of his Bentley to keep at Redlands.
And of course, if Keith wants something, Keith gets.

More precision please. The pic you show is no Aston Martin Lagonda but seems to be a pre WWII Lagonda. Lagonda was sold to Aston Martin in 1947, only from whence the cars were named Aston Martin Lagonda.

Date: August 5, 2020 12:40

I appreciate that, thanks I will correct in the book. I have lots more photos of the build and there is a very interesting story behind it, as all the drawings from Aston Martin were moved to a terraced house for safekeeping during WW2. It was the only house to be hit by a bomb. Vinnie, then made the blueprints from scratch again, based on Charlie's original car. These drawings are now in the archives of Aston Martin. All of this can be proven and is in the public domain.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 5, 2020 13:08

I must say I don't really unterstand all that bad blood.

I collected lots of Stones books.
Most interesting inside stories you'll find in this kind of book.
I'd like to read it.
Good luck.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 5, 2020 15:08

The truth by vincent karslake

Part 1

[www.youtube.com]

Part 2

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 5, 2020 15:21

caschimann
In my opinion this here leads all to far in the wrong direction.
The way this thread is actually meant is:
There is a IORR-Collegue with a VERY interesting Stones-book-project who just want to find out the pre-reception here. How much we all are keen on a book like this.

I am. VERY.
And I think we all are.

In fairness, he signed up here to market the fundraising for his book.

When that is said, I think it sounds like an exciting project. Some of the historians on here should be consulted, though, as the usual pitfall for such projects is making factual mistakes - that may be gut-wrenching for the die-hards - the very same people who are likely to buy the book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 15:23 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 5, 2020 15:30

I honestly appreciate any constructive criticism. We are keen to get this book just right. Every comment here is noted and will be taken into consideration in the final version of the book.
The two "truth" videos make for an entertaining watch and shows quite clearly that Vinnie and Jo are not on particularly friendly terms. This only changed briefly when their brother Paul died of Covid, then Jo simply started caring again about nobody other than herself. The book goes into the exact detail of what happened to the house that Ronnie gave to Vinnie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 15:31 by remdotco.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 5, 2020 15:52

Just for the record:
I have never approved this thread or this project. I just gave posting access, on request, the same access as tens of thousands of other posters have here on IORR

The IORR policy is clearly listed here:
[iorr.org]

This thread is closed because it is in violation with the posting policy.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home