Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: BV - Your Flag is Confusing Us
Posted by: cmc ()
Date: August 4, 2020 05:20

Articles/news stories like this make my blood boil.

Born and raised in Minnesota, two states away from Michigan. And pretty much the same latitude as Michigan. Not in my memory, have I ever seen a confederate flag flying in public in this part of the USA. Confederate flags don’t exist here.

The poor owners of the establishment are being bullied.

At this moment, I am in northwestern Wisconsin, three counties away from Michigan. Across the lake a neighbor is flying the American flag AND the flag of Belgium. It is quite common in this area for people to fly the flag of their ancestry/heritage. Most of the time, in this part of the USA, the ancestry happens to be European. When visiting California you are likely to see the Mexican flag flying at some businesses or homes. Around here, the flags commonly displayed are European.

In east central Minnesota there are several small towns/cities that are sister cities with cities in Sweden. Look up Lindstrom, Minnesota for example. When I drive through Lindstrom far more Swedish flags will be flying compared to US flags.

The people that started this thing with the poor business owners in Michigan are probably just looking for attention. I am so tired of hearing about this type of situation. If I was the owner of this business and I was accused of flying the confederate flag, I would have punched somebody in the face.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 4, 2020 10:35

jbwelda
Luxembourg for example. I cannot even spell it, much less find it.

jb

I have friends who live in that beautiful country - which is in truth as big as a normal Aussie suburb so it's fairly excusable not to be able to find it on a map - even cartographers have trouble squeezing it in!

Rod

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 4, 2020 10:43

Liechtenstein, now that's a small spot

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 4, 2020 11:05

Please do not use this thread, or any other threads on IORR, to post about politics. Any such posts will be deleted.

Bjornulf

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: August 4, 2020 15:17

I do not need a flag to be proud of my Norwegian heritage.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home