Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Will there be Emotional Rescue deluxe?
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 7, 2020 21:43

An extended outtake of "Down in the Hole" I heard once on YouTube would be a worthy inclusion. I'd love to hear rehearsal outtakes of "Emotional Rescue" itself, Outtakes of the jeu d’esprit "Let Me Go" would also be great.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 7, 2020 22:46

Some songs were excluded not because they were bad, but because they don't fit into the album they want to make or because at that historical moment they didn't think to include them, this doesn't mean that they suck. This happened for good or bad for all the albums, but it is undeniable that in that period they had made a lot of songs, in some cases inserted in subsequent albums in other cases left in the drawer.

MadMax
Although I doubt anyone think ER is better than Exile, Exile is THE desert island record IMHO. But they're deffo in the same league.
113/5000
You're wrong, at concerts I met people who didn't particularly like Exile, the world isn't black or white.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 7, 2020 22:47

MadMax
Good for you pal! You seemed to take it personal that I prefer ER over L I B.

I'll let you know when I'm in town and I'll buy you the first beer in the micro brewery underneath the Empire State building. My regards to your wifesmileys with beer
Don't come to NYC this year. Everything is shut down, Broadway, sporting events, ballet, restaurants are terrible. I went back after years and listened to Emotional Rescue all the way through and it actually is a lot better than I remembered . I think I have moved to the positive camp.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 9, 2020 21:23

Still mystified, Everything Is Turning to Gold was left off Some Girls (to say nothing of Start Me Up lol) instead of Lies, which is a bit of clunker imo.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 10, 2020 01:19

Send It To me
Still mystified, Everything Is Turning to Gold was left off Some Girls (to say nothing of Start Me Up lol) instead of Lies, which is a bit of clunker imo.

In fact, SG could have been a great double album considering all the stuff they left in the can. At least EITTG was indeed released back then, if only as a b-side to the Shattered-single.

Lies is just high-energy Rock'n Roll, they obviously felt it fitted the intended Punk flavour of SG better. Some of the live versions from the '78 tour are simply georgous ("This one's called Loois!").

If you think Lies is a bit of a clunker just send it to me!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-10 01:22 by retired_dog.

Date: August 11, 2020 16:43

retired_dog
Send It To me

In fact, SG could have been a great double album considering all the stuff they left in the can. At least EITTG was indeed released back then, if only as a b-side to the Shattered-single.

Lies is just high-energy Rock'n Roll, they obviously felt it fitted the intended Punk flavour of SG better. Some of the live versions from the '78 tour are simply georgous ("This one's called Loois!").

If you think Lies is a bit of a clunker just send it to me!

"It sounds like bloody Status Quo (and we like it)" smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home