Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Gn'R Tour Re-Scheduled
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 4, 2020 05:56

stone4ever
Ok I'm out, sorry you can't see this as a positive thing towards live music next year.

Sure for drive in concerts of cover bands. There is NO WAY the Rolling Stones or any other large scale concert tours are happening until there are vaccines that people take and that work AND effective therapies in the event of infection. That YOU want there to be a Stones tour has no relevance. The artists, the venues, the public health officials and the insurance companies will make the call. ALL will have to say yes for anything to happen.

Go find the virus and tell me how weak it is. I'll go to Ladbrooks and take the odds on the virus being stronger than you.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 4, 2020 12:37

daspyknows
stone4ever
Ok I'm out, sorry you can't see this as a positive thing towards live music next year.

Sure for drive in concerts of cover bands. There is NO WAY the Rolling Stones or any other large scale concert tours are happening until there are vaccines that people take and that work AND effective therapies in the event of infection. That YOU want there to be a Stones tour has no relevance. The artists, the venues, the public health officials and the insurance companies will make the call. ALL will have to say yes for anything to happen.

Go find the virus and tell me how weak it is. I'll go to Ladbrooks and take the odds on the virus being stronger than you.

Why would you need a vaccine for something that appears to be weak, if between now and next summer the death rate continues to fall, if it turns out one or two people are dying from covid each day, why would you need a vaccine. Why would a healthy person that can't spread the virus need a vaccine. Positive cases become irrelevant if the virus doesn't make people sick. This is what happens with flu type viruses, they become defeated by herd immunity, do some research.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 4, 2020 16:08

simply put vaccines are used to prevent infections. They are not a kind of drug to heal people who are already infected. Thus it makes perfect sense that healthy persons need a vaccine. (btw that's the way pocks were defeated)
Common flu viruses are not as infectious a COVID-19. They neither spread that fast nor are so dangerous.

Date: August 4, 2020 16:40

stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever

Why would you need a vaccine for something that appears to be weak, if between now and next summer the death rate continues to fall, if it turns out one or two people are dying from covid each day, why would you need a vaccine. Why would a healthy person that can't spread the virus need a vaccine. Positive cases become irrelevant if the virus doesn't make people sick. This is what happens with flu type viruses, they become defeated by herd immunity, do some research.

Are you really stupid enough to think the virus doesn't make people sick? Have you had it? I HAVE. I am lucky to be alive now. If you really believe it doesn't make you sick I strongly suggest some first hand experience before you demonstrate your stupidity with such comments. In the US it is the 3rd leading cause of death behind cancer and heart disease this year. Think about that for a moment or do you not believe that either?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 4, 2020 16:52

Happy24
slewan
Javadave
Dr. Anthony Fauci is predicting a vaccine will be ready by year’s end. I fully expect large scale sporting events and concerts to resume quickly once vaccinations are widespread.

Still won’t get me to go see Guns ‘n Roses.

well, I'm really not in G&R nor a hard rock fan, But I saw Slash (with Miles Kenndedy) and he's realy great.

Oh yeah, I saw Slash with Myles Kennedy twice and they were fantastic. The whole band was. I saw G'n'R once (2017) and wasn't impressed at all. True, they played a looong show, they played all the hits. But Axl sang in falseto most of the time, which didn't sound good and they had one of the worst sounds I have ever witnessed at a concert of this kind.
I wouldn't go to see them again, but if Slash with Myles come again, I am in.

I agree.

Slash is worth the price of admission. The dude can play.

I really liked the Slash/Myles thing...esp. since they did small venues at reasonable prices...

Gn'R need some new music BIG TIME.....Axl needs more songs in the range of "Mr Brownstone"....he simply can't "growl" like he used to and the falsetto gets to be too much after awhile.

besides...covers of "Wichita Lineman" aren't necessary....and there was waaaaaaay too much video-screen, light-show crap.

I won't be going to any concerts anytime soon one way or the other...I'd do an acoustic drive-in show....Guns, Stones, Pearl Jam....but, that's not gonna happen.

at this point, I'm hoping Keb Mo does a drive-in show at my local theater/venue which is promoting this format....Keb's cool.

Lisa Fischer played there 2 years ago too...amazing.

I'd be down for Drive-In Lisa too.

but, I'm probably "waiting in vain".....oh well.

Date: August 4, 2020 22:31

daspyknows
stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever

Are you really stupid enough to think the virus doesn't make people sick? Have you had it? I HAVE. I am lucky to be alive now. If you really believe it doesn't make you sick I strongly suggest some first hand experience before you demonstrate your stupidity with such comments. In the US it is the 3rd leading cause of death behind cancer and heart disease this year. Think about that for a moment or do you not believe that either?

Why would you refuse to comprehend what I'm saying, I've shown you the statistics that prove the virus has become almost benign, it's comparable in the UK to the flu right now, that's not to say it hasn't made people sick and killed 10's of thousands this year, and I'm sorry to hear it made you very sick, but remember the flu kills 600,000 each year but we don't lock the world down in response
We can take a positive hopefully if the virus continues to decline in fatalities with the lifting of lockdowns, we can perhaps look forward to seeing a football game next year or a concert here and there.
As far as the Stones are concerned I'm not bothered if they see this as a natural way of calling an end to playing live, but having said that it would be a gas to see them do 60th Anniversary tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-04 22:36 by stone4ever.

Date: August 5, 2020 01:09

stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever

Why would you refuse to comprehend what I'm saying, I've shown you the statistics that prove the virus has become almost benign, it's comparable in the UK to the flu right now, that's not to say it hasn't made people sick and killed 10's of thousands this year, and I'm sorry to hear it made you very sick, but remember the flu kills 600,000 each year but we don't lock the world down in response
We can take a positive hopefully if the virus continues to decline in fatalities with the lifting of lockdowns, we can perhaps look forward to seeing a football game next year or a concert here and there.
As far as the Stones are concerned I'm not bothered if they see this as a natural way of calling an end to playing live, but having said that it would be a gas to see them do 60th Anniversary tour.

What I can't comprehend are your numbers and logic. Covid-19 is making many more people sick, many more people with permanent damage and more deaths.

[www.healthleadersmedia.com]

There is also a vaccine for the flu and anti virals that will work to reduce symptoms. All it takes is one person with the virus to start a super spreader event. In S. Korea one person infected 130 people that were located due to contact tracing. Opening up has risks and those who ignore it are likely to catch Covid-19. 3% will end up hospitalized and 1% dead based on rough estimates. Not quite the flu.

Date: August 5, 2020 01:48

The spy knows, I guess the truth in all things is what most people believe to be true, so feel comfort in that at least, although fear is a strange thing to take comfort in.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 5, 2020 03:00

stone4ever
The spy knows, I guess the truth in all things is what most people believe to be true, so feel comfort in that at least, although fear is a strange thing to take comfort in.

You could also consider listening to scientists, especially medical experts in disease and virology with many years of study, training and experience behind them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 11:41 by grzegorz67.

Date: August 5, 2020 05:53

stone4ever

I listen to scientists and doctors as well as my personal experiences. When someone with no first hand experience says the virus is weak and the best scientists and doctors in the world are saying the opposite it is obvious to me who I should believe.

Date: August 6, 2020 08:52

grzegorz67
stone4ever

You could also consider listening to scientists, especially medical experts in disease and virology with many years of study, training and experience behind them.

Yes doing that for 5 months extensively brought me to my conclusions, i suggest you go outside cherry picked science presented by mainstream media, but good luck with that, you won't find it from the usual suspects.

Date: August 6, 2020 10:09

stone4ever
grzegorz67
stone4ever

Yes doing that for 5 months extensively brought me to my conclusions, i suggest you go outside cherry picked science presented by mainstream media, but good luck with that, you won't find it from the usual suspects.

"Outside cherry picked science". What science or scientists do you recommend then? You don't think the reduction in infections and deaths seen here in the UK and continental Europe are down to the measures taken and most people adhering to them?

Things are slowly relaxing and lo and behold, we're seeing localised outbreaks and lockdowns reinstated where they're happening.

The Spanish flu lasted 2'yeats before dying out, taking the lives of 20-50 million people when the world population was a quarter of what it is today. Thankfully we've learnt a lot more about virology and disease control since then and have taken evasive action to avoid the worst.

It will probably eventually die out but it hasn't come remotely close to doing so yet.

We need a vaccine and I'm hopeful one will come. We then have to produce at scale, distribute and deliver, which will be no mean feat.

Date: August 6, 2020 20:22

stone4ever
grzegorz67
stone4ever

If you see a sign that says Warning Hot Surface, Do Not Touch do you touch it with your hands or mouth? Of course the warning comes from mainstream media.

Date: August 6, 2020 20:26

grzegorz67

It will probably eventually die out but it hasn't come remotely close to doing so yet.

We need a vaccine and I'm hopeful one will come. We then have to produce at scale, distribute and deliver, which will be no mean feat.

On its own it will die out like syphilis or HIV. The biggest issue with the vax is getting people to take it. Those like Stone4ever will not take it because main stream media says to take it and the twitter anti-vaxers are deemed as more credible.

Date: August 6, 2020 23:52

daspyknows
grzegorz67

On its own it will die out like syphilis or HIV. The biggest issue with the vax is getting people to take it. Those like Stone4ever will not take it because main stream media says to take it and the twitter anti-vaxers are deemed as more credible.

I’m in the U.K. I think most people will willingly take the vax here once available. I live 25 miles from Oxford University where a promising vaccine is undergoing tests. It’s now much reduced from its peak here but there have been spikes in a whole region of North West England and the small cities of Leicester & Aberdeen where lockdowns have been reinstated. Most people are observing the advice but as ever, a few fools are not. Well done you for surviving it btw! I hope there are no permanent ill effects.

On the concert front I note that Ben Waters, regular collaborator and friend of Ronnie Wood is doing an outdoor very limited capacity socially distanced gig near his home in Dorset but apart from that, nothing.

Date: August 7, 2020 01:19

grzegorz67
daspyknows
grzegorz67

I’m in the U.K. I think most people will willingly take the vax here once available. I live 25 miles from Oxford University where a promising vaccine is undergoing tests. It’s now much reduced from its peak here but there have been spikes in a whole region of North West England and the small cities of Leicester & Aberdeen where lockdowns have been reinstated. Most people are observing the advice but as ever, a few fools are not. Well done you for surviving it btw! I hope there are no permanent ill effects.

On the concert front I note that Ben Waters, regular collaborator and friend of Ronnie Wood is doing an outdoor very limited capacity socially distanced gig near his home in Dorset but apart from that, nothing.

Over here I have heard they expect 50% to take it. That won't help. Hopefully your country leads by example and with proof of vax I can come back to visit. I was there in February before the sh!t hit the fan.

No permanent ill effects I think. It was really bad when I had it, but luckily I recovered. There are things like drive in concerts here but nobody I would bother seeing so finding other outlets and organizing a 50 TB music collection.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2021 18:01

So the European tour got rescheduled again to 2022, but a few shows were added. [www.gunsnroses.com]

Also, Gary Clark Jr. is opening!

I got a presale ticket to Warsaw. Over there they indicate there's GA and "Early Entry GA" (I got the latter), but for other shows, such as Milan, there's a "Golden Circle" as well - but for the same price. Dunno, maybe it's just a mistake on Ticketmaster Poland's part, because why would they have a different setup in different countries.

Anyway, the Milan prices, for example, are as follows:

Gold Circle / Full Price Fanclub Presale

115,00 €
+ Fees

Lawn / Full Price Fanclub Presale

103,50 €
+ Fees

First Numbered Sector / Full Price Fanclub Presale

115,00 €
+ Fees

Second Numbered Sector / Full Price Fanclub Presale

103,50 €
+ Fees

Third Numbered Sector / Full Price Fanclub Presale

80,50 €
+ Fees

Fourth Numbered Sector / Full Price Fanclub Presale

69,00 €
+ Fees

Fifth Numbered Sector / Full Price Fanclub Presale

57,50 €
+ Fees

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-06 18:02 by Topi.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 6, 2021 18:51

The North American tour dates will likely be rescheduled for Summer 2022. They will do Europe in June/July then do North America in August/September. Australia, New Zealand and Japan will likely be happening later this year.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 7, 2021 14:30

If anybody needs pre-sale help with the following shows:

Stavanger
Prague
Groningen
Warsaw
Milan

Shoot me an e-mail.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 7, 2021 16:25

Totally seems against the grain from what everyone else is doing. Judas Priest just postponed all their 2021 shows, my guess is Iron Maiden will do the same before the week is up. Time to just focus on 2022.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: April 7, 2021 18:34

As everyone else is cancelling shows, I will now be taking bookings for my band. With the current UK guidelines we are now a Stadium act given that a maximum of 7 people can attend such a gig!

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 13, 2021 14:51

Im going to Lisbon and Prague.

I really hope it will happen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 13, 2021 14:59

Not interested until Izzy's back and Axl looks like he did the only time I saw then in...1992, yeah I know Izzy was already gone!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 13, 2021 15:30

....maybe they need ta degrease Axl ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 13, 2021 16:12

And right on queue, Iron Maiden postpones 2021 dates until 2022.
Going to be interesting to see how many bands decide to disband or just move on to other projects.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2021 00:35

stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
I would also say that it would be a risky move for an elderly person or a sick person to attend a show

But you're saying it's OK for them to perform in front of thousands?
By most accounts, the Stones are considered "elderly", and when you consider their past serious health issues...the list goes on and on....

Yet previously you stated "I'm sure that they can take a chance on doing some modest venues next year before it's too late for them, if they want to of course".

Without knowing what the future holds with this pandemic, and given the Stones age and health issues, how can you be so sure this is a good idea?

Judging by how weak the virus is right now, so few deaths considering people where I live completely ignoring distancing by the thousands, and no spike in deaths I'm assuming next Summer will be safe for the Stones to get on and live the rest of their lives to the full.

Like I said, if they want to, or they can see out the rest of their days living in fear, now come on mate, you know that's not their style.

BTW Hairball, you do realise that playing to thousands doesn't involve close contact, I've bought some expensive tickets in my time but never managed to get anywhere near two meters from Mick And Keith and certainly not Charlie.
No meet and greet , no hangers on, turn up and play the show and straight out of the venue would make good sense.

Don't assume. You make an Ass of of U and Me. There is too much stupidity in this post I don't know where to start. How weak is the virus? First hand experience or just what you are reading on facebook? If you look at what is happening with a week of baseball as what a tour would be like without the degree of testing. If you want to guarantee someone in the band dying, put them on tour using your safety logic.

5 deaths in the UK today, down from 800 or so at it's peak, and that's with lockdown lifted, of course the virus is weak now you moron.

When you say weak do you mean because it's not killing gazillions of people, just under 3 million, so it's weak? Or like Arnold saying aspragas weak? Do you pay attention to science at all, like how the flu was missing? Are you capable of making a connection with that?

Oh - and moron, I've had some friends almost die from COVID-19 it was so weak.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2021 00:43

stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever

Hey moron - you ever heard of POLIO?

Now you're spouting about scientifically impossible for humans herd immunity.

Do some research? HAHAHAHAHAHA from what I've read your research is from Fox News - lies, fiction, whatever. Fake news.

Looks like you need a vaccine that will defeat ignorance and stupidity and something you obviously have, Axelitis.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: April 16, 2021 03:22

This is how it goes......

Schedule concerts for this summer knowing that they are highly unlikely to happen. But think of all the interest you will make on the millions of dollars spent on ticket sales that most punters wont want a refund for when you reschedule for 2022.

Kerching......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-16 03:23 by strat72.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home