Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Gn'R Tour Re-Scheduled
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 1, 2020 12:26

stone4ever
Rokyfan
stone4ever
Hairball
Sounds like a science fiction/horror movie, but that's the reality we're living in until this virus is neutralized some how....

It's a big fuss about nothing, today we hear that in Britain 1 in 14 have had covid 19, get the calculator out, 70 million Britons divided by 14 = 5 million. Divide the 46 thousand deaths by 5 million who have had the virus, gives you a death rate of 0.0092

This is the new math. 46,000 deaths = nothing. Certainly nothing worth the inconvenience of a mask, right?

Absolutely it's not nothing, and as you know full well, that 46000 figure is officially 29000,( no record of normal flu deaths ) but 29000 is still high, but with lockdown lifted and the summer season packed with holiday makers the death toll in many busy towns for instance is zero right now.
The point i make is that the virus is very weak at this stage and if you are unfortunate enough to test positive you have a 0.0092 chance of dying from it.
I would suggest that a young healthy individual will be ok to attend a concert next year with a good face mask.
I would also say that it would be a risky move for an elderly person or a sick person to attend a show as statistics are obviously blanket based and the elderly are in a much more vulnerable situation.

The number of deaths due to covid-19 in UK is 46100. Why mention a statistic that is proven to be incorrect? There's so many holes in the rest of your theory that I don't know nother to pick on them, but at least keep the numbers straight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-01 12:29 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 1, 2020 15:35

Erik_Snow
stone4ever
Rokyfan
stone4ever
Hairball
Sounds like a science fiction/horror movie, but that's the reality we're living in until this virus is neutralized some how....

It's a big fuss about nothing, today we hear that in Britain 1 in 14 have had covid 19, get the calculator out, 70 million Britons divided by 14 = 5 million. Divide the 46 thousand deaths by 5 million who have had the virus, gives you a death rate of 0.0092

This is the new math. 46,000 deaths = nothing. Certainly nothing worth the inconvenience of a mask, right?

Absolutely it's not nothing, and as you know full well, that 46000 figure is officially 29000,( no record of normal flu deaths ) but 29000 is still high, but with lockdown lifted and the summer season packed with holiday makers the death toll in many busy towns for instance is zero right now.
The point i make is that the virus is very weak at this stage and if you are unfortunate enough to test positive you have a 0.0092 chance of dying from it.
I would suggest that a young healthy individual will be ok to attend a concert next year with a good face mask.
I would also say that it would be a risky move for an elderly person or a sick person to attend a show as statistics are obviously blanket based and the elderly are in a much more vulnerable situation.

The number of deaths due to covid-19 in UK is 46100. Why mention a statistic that is proven to be incorrect? There's so many holes in the rest of your theory that I don't know nother to pick on them, but at least keep the numbers straight

The problem with the 46,100 statistic is that these are people who died with the virus; not necessarily of Covid-19. A 96-year-old passes-away due to age, yet because they’d contracted the virus, it’s automatically registered as the ‘cause-of-death’

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 1, 2020 16:11

Big Al
Erik_Snow
stone4ever
Rokyfan
stone4ever
Hairball

The problem with the 46,100 statistic is that these are people who died with the virus; not necessarily of Covid-19. A 96-year-old passes-away due to age, yet because they’d contracted the virus, it’s automatically registered as the ‘cause-of-death’
Are you kidding, Al? Are you this slow?
There are of course exceptions, but point is that during the first months they didn't count elderly people who just died without getting treatment. 46100 is what is the "most likely" number according to experts in the know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-01 16:53 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2020 20:14

stone4ever
I would also say that it would be a risky move for an elderly person or a sick person to attend a show

But you're saying it's OK for them to perform in front of thousands?
By most accounts, the Stones are considered "elderly", and when you consider their past serious health issues...the list goes on and on....

Yet previously you stated "I'm sure that they can take a chance on doing some modest venues next year before it's too late for them, if they want to of course".

Without knowing what the future holds with this pandemic, and given the Stones age and health issues, how can you be so sure this is a good idea?

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 1, 2020 22:59

Hairball
stone4ever
I would also say that it would be a risky move for an elderly person or a sick person to attend a show

By most accounts, the Stones are considered "elderly", and when you consider their past serious health issues...the list goes on and on....

Yet previously you stated "I'm sure that they can take a chance on doing some modest venues next year before it's too late for them, if they want to of course".

Without knowing what the future holds with this pandemic, and given the Stones age and health issues, how can you be so sure this is a good idea?

Judging by how weak the virus is right now, so few deaths considering people where I live completely ignoring distancing by the thousands, and no spike in deaths I'm assuming next Summer will be safe for the Stones to get on and live the rest of their lives to the full.

Like I said, if they want to, or they can see out the rest of their days living in fear, now come on mate, you know that's not their style.

BTW Hairball, you do realise that playing to thousands doesn't involve close contact, I've bought some expensive tickets in my time but never managed to get anywhere near two meters from Mick And Keith and certainly not Charlie.
No meet and greet , no hangers on, turn up and play the show and straight out of the venue would make good sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-01 23:08 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2020 23:28

I seriously doubt Mick (and the rest) would ever take that chance, but time will tell.
Remember, Mick's currently isolated in a castle in Tuscany, and something tells me he's quite happy right where he is.
Next year when there's a vaccine for all? Maybe, otherwise all speculation and/or wishful thinking and/or fueling the conspiracy theories....

EDIT: Odd they haven't announced rescheduled shows, or fully cancel...something tells me the latter is more likely.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-02 00:19 by Hairball.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: August 2, 2020 07:34

Erik_Snow

The problem with that figure of 46,100 is that it is total nonsense.

On the radio yesterday I heard someone from National Health England admit that a woman who had died of a stroke is amongst those 46,100 Covid deaths because she had previously tested positive for it. She made a complete recovery from Covid19, and died from the stroke nearly a month later.

Date: August 2, 2020 08:58

strat72
Erik_Snow

On the radio yesterday I heard someone from National Health England admit that a woman who had died of a stroke is amongst those 46,100 Covid deaths because she had previously tested positive for it. She made a complete recovery from Covid19, and died from the stroke nearly a month later.

The government have been desperate to increase the numbers of covid deaths from the start, figures have been manipulated to justify the lockdowns for some reason, I know of old people in their 80s & 90's who were dying prior to Covid 19 that tested positive and so went down as a covid 19 death. People with end stage kidney disease and terminal cancer testing positive and so going down as a covid 19 death, plus positive tests have been found to be inaccurate in many instances.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 2, 2020 09:13

stone4ever
strat72
Erik_Snow

The government have been desperate to increase the numbers of covid deaths from the start, figures have been manipulated to justify the lockdowns for some reason, I know of old people in their 80s & 90's who were dying prior to Covid 19 that tested positive and so went down as a covid 19 death. People with end stage kidney disease and terminal cancer testing positive and so going down as a covid 19 death, plus positive tests have been found to be inaccurate in many instances.

I am sure that these cases occur. But ... there also is this phenomenon called "over killed". There have been many examples of national death countings after f.i. a major flu epidemic. The number of deaths are compared with years where there was no epidemic. Shocking. I'm afraid that the real number of covid-19 deaths in the UK alone could be closer to 100.000 than the "fake" numbers you mentioned.
And each country has the same problem, if only reading the "over killed" figures after the 2017/2018 flu epidemic in the USA for instance.
We're all in deep sh*t, whether we like it or. So just put on a G&R record and enjoy it as long as you can ...

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 2, 2020 09:21

strat72
Erik_Snow

This is quite an extreme example. But generally anyone who dies with Covid appears as a covid victim in the statistics, which is totally absurd. It is like if anyone who died with mold on the feet was in some foot mold victims statistics. Foot mold would become an extermely dangerous life-threatening dissease. This way you can pick up absolutely anything and make it an extremely dangerous killer.

I'm not trying to undermine covid or speculate how dangerous it is ot it is not, but those statistics say NOTHING about how many people died BECAUSE of it. That we don't know. The only sure thing is, that the actual number of deaths is lower. I can't say if it is just a bit lower, or 100 times lower. I doubt that anyone knows that.

Our attention is so much fucused on Covid, that sometimes it looks like people were immortal until now and suddenly they started to die because of some new virus. The only really interesting statistics would be one, where there would be the actual real number of real Covid victims (which we have no idea about) along with numbers of all other death causes. Then we would have an actual perspective about the Covid danger. Maybe it would be close to how it is presented, but I personally don't believe it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-02 15:35 by Happy24.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: August 2, 2020 10:56

georgie48
stone4ever
strat72
Erik_Snow

I am sure that these cases occur. But ... there also is this phenomenon called "over killed". There have been many examples of national death countings after f.i. a major flu epidemic. The number of deaths are compared with years where there was no epidemic. Shocking. I'm afraid that the real number of covid-19 deaths in the UK alone could be closer to 100.000 than the "fake" numbers you mentioned.
And each country has the same problem, if only reading the "over killed" figures after the 2017/2018 flu epidemic in the USA for instance.
We're all in deep sh*t, whether we like it or. So just put on a G&R record and enjoy it as long as you can ...

Pure conjecture on your part for which you have zero evidence. 100,000? Total nonsense....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 2, 2020 13:36

stone4ever
Hairball

= 0,92%

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 2, 2020 15:45

I just thought that those interested in Gn'R might want to look into getting tickets....I didn't mean to open the COVID-thread again...

sorry.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 2, 2020 18:06

Dr. Anthony Fauci is predicting a vaccine will be ready by year’s end. I fully expect large scale sporting events and concerts to resume quickly once vaccinations are widespread.

Still won’t get me to go see Guns ‘n Roses.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 2, 2020 18:30

Come on!

Bets on The Belly!

My bet is: 2021 is BIGGER.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 2, 2020 19:49

GasLightStreet
Come on!

Bets on The Belly!

My bet is: 2021 is BIGGER.

hahahahaha!

Oh Axl...Sweet Pie O' Mine!

incidentally, I think Axl's gut is from his anti-psychotic meds.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 2, 2020 21:22

Javadave
Dr. Anthony Fauci is predicting a vaccine will be ready by year’s end. I fully expect large scale sporting events and concerts to resume quickly once vaccinations are widespread.

well, I'm really not in G&R nor a hard rock fan, But I saw Slash (with Miles Kenndedy) and he's realy great.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 2, 2020 22:09

slewan
Javadave

well, I'm really not in G&R nor a hard rock fan, But I saw Slash (with Miles Kenndedy) and he's realy great.

Oh yeah, I saw Slash with Myles Kennedy twice and they were fantastic. The whole band was. I saw G'n'R once (2017) and wasn't impressed at all. True, they played a looong show, they played all the hits. But Axl sang in falseto most of the time, which didn't sound good and they had one of the worst sounds I have ever witnessed at a concert of this kind.
I wouldn't go to see them again, but if Slash with Myles come again, I am in.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 3, 2020 14:12

strat72
georgie48
stone4ever
strat72
Erik_Snow

Pure conjecture on your part for which you have zero evidence. 100,000? Total nonsense....

Total nonsense ... ?
Good to know you're an expert. When you would have taken time to study (plenty of publications!) the aspect of so called "over kills" or "over deaths" of the past 10 to 15 years in connecties with virus epidemics in different countries you would understand that the (surely) incorrect claims of so called corona deaths are quite possible "nothing" in comparison the number of deaths as part of the "over killing". I trust you understand what I try to say with "over deaths". If not, let me know, I will try to explain.winking smiley

Date: August 3, 2020 14:58

Javadave

Do you have a link to Fauci's quote? Sounds unlikely, as functional vaccines for viruses like this often take 6-10 years to develop.

[www.politico.eu]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 3, 2020 16:16

DandelionPowderman
Javadave

Do you have a link to Fauci's quote? Sounds unlikely, as functional vaccines for viruses like this often take 6-10 years to develop.

[www.politico.eu]
Yeah but because EVERYONE in the world is working on this one, it'll be ready sooner. Is what the general thought process is, regardless of that seeming incredibly optimistic.

People have pushed it up from spring of next year to end of this year, just cause they want it to be so. Probably won't be the case. They said a year from March/April (which seems optimistic too, but I'll wait till that comes and passes) and now people are saying end of this year which seems highly unlikely. They've gotta find the vaccine, then test it for months to make sure it doesn't have side effects. I assume we won't have a vaccine till Spring of next year, and even that seems pretty unlikely. I'm kinda just assuming this year and next year is a wash.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 3, 2020 18:00

RollingFreak
DandelionPowderman
Javadave

[www.politico.eu]
Yeah but because EVERYONE in the world is working on this one, it'll be ready sooner. Is what the general thought process is, regardless of that seeming incredibly optimistic.

People have pushed it up from spring of next year to end of this year, just cause they want it to be so. Probably won't be the case. They said a year from March/April (which seems optimistic too, but I'll wait till that comes and passes) and now people are saying end of this year which seems highly unlikely. They've gotta find the vaccine, then test it for months to make sure it doesn't have side effects. I assume we won't have a vaccine till Spring of next year, and even that seems pretty unlikely. I'm kinda just assuming this year and next year is a wash.

That's where I am. If the outcome is better than that then I'll consider it a happy bonus. It's hurting like hell because I live alone and travelling and going to gigs is what I love along with trips North to my native Scotland for football ('soccer' for North Americans) and I can't currently do any of it.
Good luck to all those around the World seeking a vaccine. Professor Sarah Gilbert and her team at Oxford University, just 25 miles away from me are making good progress with their efforts. But conclusive successful testing with no serious side effects found and universal availability are a long way off even in the best case scenario. Iin the meantime I'll comply with the rules and tough it out. Thankfully I'm able to work from home. There's been a big local outbreak at a frozen food depot in the town of Swindon, Wiltshire where I normally work.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 3, 2020 18:01

strat72
Erik_Snow

One of the symptoms of Covid-19 is blood clotting which causes stroke and heart attack.

[news.weill.cornell.edu]

Your opinion is the numbers are nonsense. Scientists and doctors who actually know something think otherwise.

Date: August 3, 2020 18:08

stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever

Judging by how weak the virus is right now, so few deaths considering people where I live completely ignoring distancing by the thousands, and no spike in deaths I'm assuming next Summer will be safe for the Stones to get on and live the rest of their lives to the full.

Like I said, if they want to, or they can see out the rest of their days living in fear, now come on mate, you know that's not their style.

BTW Hairball, you do realise that playing to thousands doesn't involve close contact, I've bought some expensive tickets in my time but never managed to get anywhere near two meters from Mick And Keith and certainly not Charlie.
No meet and greet , no hangers on, turn up and play the show and straight out of the venue would make good sense.

Don't assume. You make an Ass of of U and Me. There is too much stupidity in this post I don't know where to start. How weak is the virus? First hand experience or just what you are reading on facebook? If you look at what is happening with a week of baseball as what a tour would be like without the degree of testing. If you want to guarantee someone in the band dying, put them on tour using your safety logic.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 3, 2020 18:30

DandelionPowderman
Javadave

[www.politico.eu]

[www.google.com]

Date: August 4, 2020 01:22

daspyknows
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever

Don't assume. You make an Ass of of U and Me. There is too much stupidity in this post I don't know where to start. How weak is the virus? First hand experience or just what you are reading on facebook? If you look at what is happening with a week of baseball as what a tour would be like without the degree of testing. If you want to guarantee someone in the band dying, put them on tour using your safety logic.

5 deaths in the UK today, down from 800 or so at it's peak, and that's with lockdown lifted, of course the virus is weak now you moron.

Date: August 4, 2020 01:42

stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever

5 deaths in the UK today, down from 800 or so at it's peak, and that's with lockdown lifted, of course the virus is weak now you moron.

"The virus is weak" is the most idiotic thing I have heard in quite some time. Might I make a suggestion. Go expose yourself to the virus and let us know how weak it is. My personal experience is that it will be the worst illness you have ever experienced. The only reason UK deaths are minimized is people have adhered to wearing masks, social distancing, not attending indoor bars, concerts etc. Look at other countries that have not done so and I would bet public health officials and doctors would dispute your moronic view the virus is weak.

One word of warning. Stupidity is a Covid-19 risk factor. Anyone who claims "The virus is weak" suffers from a terminal case of stupidity.

Date: August 4, 2020 02:33

daspyknows
stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever

"The virus is weak" is the most idiotic thing I have heard in quite some time. Might I make a suggestion. Go expose yourself to the virus and let us know how weak it is. My personal experience is that it will be the worst illness you have ever experienced. The only reason UK deaths are minimized is people have adhered to wearing masks, social distancing, not attending indoor bars, concerts etc. Look at other countries that have not done so and I would bet public health officials and doctors would dispute your moronic view the virus is weak.

One word of warning. Stupidity is a Covid-19 risk factor. Anyone who claims "The virus is weak" suffers from a terminal case of stupidity.

The fact is, most holidaymakers in England right now are absolutely ignoring social distancing on a huge scale, I really expected a spike is deaths, but as i pointed out we had 5 deaths in England yesterday, 8 deaths if you include the whole of the UK. Clearly ( unless your brain is unable to absorb facts ) covid 19 is weak, we had 1000 deaths some days during lockdown.
So many people testing positive is a good thing when deaths have dramatically fallen, if you can't understand that you can't understand anything, but you are not alone, so many people can't see through the way the media are ignoring the very low death figures now. The herd immunity has all but defeated the virus.
8 deaths out of 70 million people , think about it as a statistic, that many old people die from ordinary flu each day.
Ok I'm out, sorry you can't see this as a positive thing towards live music next year.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 4, 2020 03:08

stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever
daspyknows
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever

The fact is, most holidaymakers in England right now are absolutely ignoring social distancing on a huge scale, I really expected a spike is deaths, but as i pointed out we had 5 deaths in England yesterday, 8 deaths if you include the whole of the UK. Clearly ( unless your brain is unable to absorb facts ) covid 19 is weak, we had 1000 deaths some days during lockdown.
So many people testing positive is a good thing when deaths have dramatically fallen, if you can't understand that you can't understand anything, but you are not alone, so many people can't see through the way the media are ignoring the very low death figures now. The herd immunity has all but defeated the virus.
8 deaths out of 70 million people , think about it as a statistic, that many old people die from ordinary flu each day.
Ok I'm out, sorry you can't see this as a positive thing towards live music next year.

Monday is not a fair day to pick. There's always a statistical lag after the weekend. It would be much more accurate to quote a weekly figure when all the statistical blips even out. There were over 100 deaths some days last week.

The case count is now rising again. People, especially the young are relaxing, thinking it's all over when it really isn't. Full Lockdown has been reinstated in a large area of North West England + Leicester.

If you think the virus is nearly defeated then you are either very optimistic or extremely naive.

The Stones won't dream of touring until a safe and reliable vaccine is easily available to them, their crew and their audience, most of whom are in an older and more vulnerable age group.

Guns & Roses are younger and more willing to take a chance. It will be very interesting to see if these shows go ahead and under what conditions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-04 03:10 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Tdiddy ()
Date: August 4, 2020 03:24

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home