Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Gn'R Tour Re-Scheduled
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 30, 2020 01:08

.....for anyone interested:

[www.rollingstone.com]

Plus...Slash in Tattoo You t-shirt....go Slash!

Re: OT: Gn'R Tour Re-Scheduled
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 30, 2020 03:58

A year is a long time, and things will hopefully get better by then (w/vaccine, etc.) but still seems a bit soon to commit to a massive stadium tour w/multiple shows....
Maybe it will turn in to a Drive In Tour?

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 30, 2020 04:59

I would definitely NOT book anything until a therapy is available and it'll be ages until we get vax..

I'm personally writing off the next 18 months and i'll reassess during 2021, but i'm seriously planning for a 5 year disruption.

I think one off PPV's in Countries that are COVID Free, could be a source of revenue.

Scenario: All the band brings is, the members, sound engineer, instruments and Amps, Personal Mgmt & thats it.

Venue provides everything else, staging, lights, rig & Local Film crew.

Band and Co, arrive on private flight and are bubbled from touchdown to liftoff.

The crowd are COVID Free the only potential containment is the Band... So therefore the bubble, but they'd be tested prior to departure, on arrival (by PPE wearing Med Staff).

People are mad keen for something Live with an audience

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-30 05:00 by SKILLS.

Date: July 30, 2020 05:13

Sounds like a science fiction/horror movie, but that's the reality we're living in until this virus is neutralized some how....

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 30, 2020 05:41

This shall not happen.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 30, 2020 07:38

Part of rescheduling to 2021 has to do with securing the venues.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 30, 2020 08:37

Topi

right – doing US shows next summer is highly unlikely

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2020 09:09

Think the belly will be bigger!!??

Date: July 30, 2020 09:23

slewan
Topi

Correct. But still we might see a similar rescheduling by the Stones, too - if for nothing else but to keep the venues under contract. It doesn't mean any actual shows will happen, given the situation with the psndemic in the US.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 30, 2020 21:27

Topi
slewan
Topi

Correct. But still we might see a similar rescheduling by the Stones, too - if for nothing else but to keep the venues under contract. It doesn't mean any actual shows will happen, given the situation with the psndemic in the US.

another reason might be that they might hope that fans who already bought tickets keep them instead of demanding a refund

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 30, 2020 23:10

Hairball
Sounds like a science fiction/horror movie, but that's the reality we're living in until this virus is neutralized some how....

It's a big fuss about nothing, today we hear that in Britain 1 in 14 have had covid 19, get the calculator out, 70 million Britons divided by 14 = 5 million. Divide the 46 thousand deaths by 5 million who have had the virus, gives you a death rate of 0.0092

Date: July 30, 2020 23:27

Perhaps this will nudge the Stones to put some 2021 dates out there. It may or may not happen but at least we can discuss it for the next several months.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Date: July 30, 2020 23:34

Please delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-30 23:35 by Topi.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 31, 2020 07:39

stone4ever
Hairball

It's a big fuss about nothing, today we hear that in Britain 1 in 14 have had covid 19, get the calculator out, 70 million Britons divided by 14 = 5 million. Divide the 46 thousand deaths by 5 million who have had the virus, gives you a death rate of 0.0092

Absolutely. We have to learn to live with the virus. We cannot wait for a vaccine.

Date: July 31, 2020 09:05

As face-masks are to be worn when safely socially-distancing isn’t possible, couldn’t concerts start-up again? Couldn’t there just be a strict face-covering policy?

Date: July 31, 2020 09:54

Big Al
As face-masks are to be worn when safely socially-distancing isn’t possible, couldn’t concerts start-up again? Couldn’t there just be a strict face-covering policy?

Presicely, if we are told face masks stop the spread of the virus then surely to do as you suggest makes perfect sence, but as we know the way Covid 19 has been dealt with has nothing to do with facts.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 31, 2020 12:37

stone4ever
Big Al

Presicely, if we are told face masks stop the spread of the virus then surely to do as you suggest makes perfect sence, but as we know the way Covid 19 has been dealt with has nothing to do with facts.

The insurance companies won't touch stadium tours by the likes of G&R, the Stones etc unfortunately and you can't blame them. It's just too big a risk. And the Stones already had relatively expensive insurance anyway because of Ronnie & Mick's recent scares.

The best we can hope for is small venue more informal gigs returning at some stage, with limited capacity, social distancing and masks required by the audience. The big key is the universal availability of a reliable vaccine, which hopefully will come.

Date: July 31, 2020 18:47

I think Axl is in the high risk range with his obesity, plus Slash and Duff's past history with heavy duty substance abuse might put them in the high risk category also.
Aside from that, seriously doubt any insurance company will be willing to take the risk considering all of the variables and uncertainties.

Date: July 31, 2020 19:07

Hairball
I think Axl is in the high risk range with his obesity, plus Slash and Duff's past history with heavy duty substance abuse might put them in the high risk category also.
Aside from that, seriously doubt any insurance company will be willing to take the risk considering all of the variables and uncertainties.

Let's all just roll over and give in because the government tell us too.

Just do a few gigs at a time, I'm sure the Stones are rich enough to refund a few concerts if needs be, how many shows have they sold out in a lifetime, I'm sure that they can take a chance on doing some modest venues next year before it's too late for them, if they want to of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-31 21:49 by stone4ever.

Date: July 31, 2020 19:26

stone4ever
Hairball

Let's all just roll over and give in because the government tell us too.

Just do a few gigs at a time, I'm sure the Stones are rich enough to refund a few concerts if needs be, how many shows have they sold out in a lifetime, I'm sure that can take a chance on doing some modest venues next year before it's too late for them, if they want to of course.

They are in their late 70s and very much in the vulnerable group. There's not a snowball's chance in hell they'll do any kind of tour without insurance and risk a big loss. They've performed well over 1,000 shows in their lives and though they clearly enjoy it, they won't do any more until they feel safe. They owe us nothing. Everything since 2012 has been an unexpected big bonus. I've seen 23 shows since 2012 and I only saw 15 up to 2007.

Date: July 31, 2020 19:34

One concert promoter recently said that professional sports will set the standard as to how to go forward, and once they have numerous fans in attendance in massive settings successfully, only then will large concert gatherings be considered.

That said, Major League Baseball has recently resumed (without fans in attendance), yet at least one team has been bombarded with coronavirus even with all of the precuations set in place.

19 Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19 as MLB investigates team’s past behavior

If professional sports are to set the standard, doesn't look like it's off to a good start...at least as far as professional baseball goes. The *NBA started last night in a "bubble" ( NBA Bubble 2020 ) which might work,
but then there's the upcoming NFL season which by most accounts might be a recipe for disaster for a variety of reasons - it's a close contact sport, teams playing in their own stadiums, the traveling involved, etc., etc., etc..

*While the "bubble" concept might work for the NBA, obviously this doesn't apply to any sort of rock and roll "tour".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-31 19:37 by Hairball.

Date: July 31, 2020 19:41

Hairball
One concert promoter recently said that professional sports will set the standard as to how to go forward, and once they have numerous fans in attendance in massive settings successfully, only then will large concert gatherings be considered.

That said, Major League Baseball has recently resumed (without fans in attendance), yet at least one team has been bombarded with coronavirus even with all of the precuations set in place.

19 Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19 as MLB investigates team’s past behavior

If professional sports are to set the standard, doesn't look like it's off to a good start...at least as far as professional baseball goes. The *NBA started last night in a "bubble" ( NBA Bubble 2020 ) which might work,
but then there's the upcoming NFL season which by most accounts might be a recipe for disaster for a variety of reasons - it's a close contact sport, teams playing in their own stadiums, the traveling involved, etc., etc., etc..

*While the "bubble" concept might work for the NBA, obviously this doesn't apply to any sort of rock and roll "tour".

They're doing the same over here with our Football ('Soccer'). Also a contact sport and without an audience present. The players and coaching staff are all regularly tested.

Date: July 31, 2020 19:45

You're referring to the NBA "bubble" I assume...hopefully not what the Marlins/MLB are doing, or what the NFL plans to do....eye popping smiley

Date: July 31, 2020 20:26

grzegorz67

The insurance companies won't touch stadium tours by the likes of G&R, the Stones etc unfortunately and you can't blame them. It's just too big a risk...

GNR just rescheduled 2020 to 2021 (that's the subject of this very thread) so somebody probably did insure them.

(The Stones may well be another matter.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-31 20:27 by Topi.

Date: July 31, 2020 20:33

Topi
grzegorz67

The insurance companies won't touch stadium tours by the likes of G&R, the Stones etc unfortunately and you can't blame them. It's just too big a risk...

GNR just rescheduled 2020 to 2021 (that's the subject of this very thread) so somebody probably did insure them.

(The Stones may well be another matter.)

Exactly and good luck to them, we should be praising Guns & Roses, they probably woke up to the realisation that cases of covid doesn't correlate with deaths.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 31, 2020 21:57

grzegorz67
stone4ever
Big Al

The insurance companies won't touch stadium tours by the likes of G&R, the Stones etc unfortunately and you can't blame them. It's just too big a risk. And the Stones already had relatively expensive insurance anyway because of Ronnie & Mick's recent scares.

The best we can hope for is small venue more informal gigs returning at some stage, with limited capacity, social distancing and masks required by the audience. The big key is the universal availability of a reliable vaccine, which hopefully will come.

I don't think the current situation had any major impact on insurance companies. Eventhough the cancelled tours are surely insurance events, the custommers are actually usually doomed to pay all the costs... there are new laws in many countries to secure that - the promoters don't return any money. Don't worry about the insurance companies, they are fine and will have their usual earnings... Well, I guess you might be right about the "future tours" of course.

Anyway - just today a new Pearl Jam show was going on sale here (about to happen in July 2021). Normally I would try to get a ticket and normally the tickets would be sold out in about 1/2 an hour. I am not even thinking about buying a ticket and my guess is that about 15% of tickets were sold today. Still a lot I think, but very different from what would nomally happen. But after my experiences with cancelled concerts I am not giving any money to any concert promoter... at least for quite some time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-31 21:59 by Happy24.

Date: July 31, 2020 23:52

ZZ Top just cancelled the rest of their upcoming 2020 tour dates - was just a matter of time....

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 1, 2020 04:52

stone4ever
Hairball

This is the new math. 46,000 deaths = nothing. Certainly nothing worth the inconvenience of a mask, right?

Date: August 1, 2020 08:15

Rokyfan
stone4ever
Hairball

This is the new math. 46,000 deaths = nothing. Certainly nothing worth the inconvenience of a mask, right?

Nothing was mentioned about not wearing a face-covering. If we can get back to normal, though be it, wearing a covering, then that’d be a comfortable temporary scenario for me.

Date: August 1, 2020 12:07

Rokyfan
stone4ever
Hairball

Absolutely it's not nothing, and as you know full well, that 46000 figure is officially 29000,( no record of normal flu deaths ) but 29000 is still high, but with lockdown lifted and the summer season packed with holiday makers the death toll in many busy towns for instance is zero right now.
The point i make is that the virus is very weak at this stage and if you are unfortunate enough to test positive you have a 0.0092 chance of dying from it.
I would suggest that a young healthy individual will be ok to attend a concert next year with a good face mask.
I would also say that it would be a risky move for an elderly person or a sick person to attend a show as statistics are obviously blanket based and the elderly are in a much more vulnerable situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-01 12:10 by stone4ever.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home