Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Package Design ... CONTACT INFO SOUGHT
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 26, 2020 17:11

Some of you may recall my thread "Exile On 42nd Street" which gathered together biographical and photographic information about the performers and odd people on the cover of Exile On Main Street.
I identified nearly all of the people on the cover... even finding one person alive and online on Facebook... which led to more identities revealed.

I've since accumulated a collection of original and reprints of the performers.

I met Robert Frank and June Leaf at their home on Bleecker Street in NYC in 2019... just months before his death.

I continued to correspond with designer John van Hamersveld and others.

I continued researching this project and collecting actual photographs... pausing recently because of the pandemic, among other reasons.

I am seriously hoping to turn this into a printed book of some kind.

I'd like to see it done in time for a 50th anniversary Exile On Main Street in 2022.
I'm even wondering if Mick Jagger and Keith Richards & company might actually be interested in including this in a deluxe repackaging of the album.

Are there names or contact information on the liner notes of the Stones' big deluxe anniversary packages for the Stones organization people who handle Album Re-Packaging/ Re-Design/ Etc. ?

I only bought CD versions of the anniversary Exile and Some Girls -- the type on them is basically too small to read.

Thanks!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-26 17:23 by schillid.

Re: Stones Package Design ... CONTACT INFO SOUGHT
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 26, 2020 17:40

schillid

Are there names or contact information on the liner notes of the Stones' big deluxe anniversary packages for the Stones organization people who handle Album Re-Packaging/ Re-Design/ Etc. ?

EOMS 2010: Studio Fury - Artwork [Booklet Design And Layout] - [www.Discogs.com] - [Web.Archive.org] - [www.Flickr.com] .

Maybe it would be better to contact Musidor B.V. since you need the Stones' consent (License) if you wanna make something official ....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-26 17:50 by Irix.

Date: July 26, 2020 17:41

thanks!

Date: July 26, 2020 18:35

More Package-Designs by Studio Fury - [www.Discogs.com] - [www.Discogs.com] - [www.Discogs.com] .

Contact: [www.Facebook.com] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-26 19:00 by Irix.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: July 28, 2020 03:12

schillid

Thanks!

Forty-five years ago I was asking the same sort of question and wound up going down quite a few rabbit holes before learning that there is no definitive track upon which this sort of event occurs.(I would address this in more depth if we could speak on the telephone.) One basic question is this: Is this book in close to final draft form now? If not how long would it take to make it so? Another question is this: Do you have proper permission to use all of the material you intend to include? Then there is the matter of actually getting your project under the nose of someone who could them get it under the nose of the right party within in the band or a close associate of the band...

Date: July 28, 2020 12:05

curt

Then there is the matter of actually getting your project under the nose of someone who could them get it under the nose of the right party within in the band or a close associate of the band...

If it's not gonna be a completely independent project, I would (as suggested above) introduce this project to Musidor B.V. - they're the "Stones Company", have access to the Vaults, can ensure proper Permissions, and so on.

Keep in mind that the Tongue&Lips logo is a registered Trademark - you need a License for the commercial use ....

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 28, 2020 12:45

Yes we need another very expensive super-de-luxe boxset
And guess who will buy this useless box? Yes it could be me...... smiling bouncing smiley>grinning smiley<spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 28, 2020 12:46

But there can be made something great of it!!

Date: July 28, 2020 16:07

thanks all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home