Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - t shirts
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 23, 2020 04:37

Any recommendations for a web site that has cool t shirts, music, movies, art etc. tried a few sites on goggle but anything I like it says out of stock

Re: OT - t shirts
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 23, 2020 05:17

Date: July 23, 2020 16:45

Hadn't checked merchbar in a bit but was surprised to see stones wallpaper cool smiley
They also have preorders on sale for the new GHS releases.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 23, 2020 17:48

ebay

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 23, 2020 20:26

Liquidblue.com

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 23, 2020 21:13

I got forty tour shirts that have basically never been worn. One day I’ll be selling them

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 23, 2020 23:06

black n blue
I got forty tour shirts that have basically never been worn. One day I’ll be selling them

nah...make a cool quilt out of them. Have it done by a pro.

Trust me...worth it.

Looks great in the Guest Bedroom...pass it along to your kids...family heirloom.

[le-cdn.website-editor.net]

Not sure why this person put a Beatles in the middle...but, you get the idea.

have fun!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2020 23:17

I got forty tour shirts that have basically never been worn.

Put 'em all on at once then do a Jagger style
bump-n-grind slow strip in front of family and friends

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 23, 2020 23:25

I got forty eight red white and blue shoestrings, and a thousand telephones that don't ring, do you know where I can get rid of these things?

jb

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 23, 2020 23:27

jbwelda
I got forty eight red white and blue shoestrings, and a thousand telephones that don't ring, do you know where I can get rid of these things?

jb

Highway 61...I think?

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 23, 2020 23:32

black n blue

Selling them ???
I decides years ago (I also have a modest 40+) to wear them. The world can know that this old bloke is a Stones fan. Just before lockdown in February we escaped to Abu Dhabi (after a lousy winter) and my wife took a t-shirt for every day we were there. You do get reactions, I guarantee you!

Date: July 23, 2020 23:39

I saw some kid (approx 25yo) wearing what looked like a vintage stones shirt, black with tongue. I told him it was a kool shirt, and that I had gotten one like that at Winterland back in 72. He seemed suitably impressed.

jb

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: July 24, 2020 00:08

RS Dragon (Winterland, Place Pigalle Castle, Tour Dragon)

That Place Pigalle Castle pic w/Dragon is the all-time best. HM to UC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-24 05:03 by KevinM.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 24, 2020 03:51

No kids to pass them. Probably sell them all XL or xxl

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: July 24, 2020 04:03

Aliexpress used to have a myriad of cool, cheap Stones t-shirts, etc., but they almost all vanished, likely due to licensing issues. Same with the Beatles.

Date: July 24, 2020 11:41

I would recommend Amplified - go to [www.amplifiedclothing.com]
Cool designs and good quality.

Date: July 24, 2020 13:50

Amazon also has a some

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: July 25, 2020 17:58

jbwelda
I saw some kid (approx 25yo) wearing what looked like a vintage stones shirt, black with tongue. I told him it was a kool shirt, and that I had gotten one like that at Winterland back in 72. He seemed suitably impressed.

jb

You got one at Winterland in '72! As a big time collector of vintage Stones shirts this made my ears perk up. Do you happen to have any pictures of it? For years I've been trying to figure out which shirts were sold on that tour and if they were official or bootlegs sold outside of the concert halls.

Date: July 25, 2020 18:15

bitman
jbwelda

jb

You got one at Winterland in '72! As a big time collector of vintage Stones shirts this made my ears perk up. Do you happen to have any pictures of it? For years I've been trying to figure out which shirts were sold on that tour and if they were official or bootlegs sold outside of the concert halls.

thumbs up
I'd be curious to see as well.. this one is very cool, but doesn't fit the black w tongue description..
See those around a lot but figured them to be generic and not official.

[www.etsy.com]

Date: July 25, 2020 18:52

The plane one is real, however it might actually have been produced by bootleg shirt sellers in '75. There is a video that shows them being sold outside of the '75 MSG shows. The black one is a modern repro.

Date: July 25, 2020 19:08

The one I had I wore out a long time ago. It was black with a big, bigger than the one above, tongue and i think it said Rolling Stones 72 Tour under the tongue. I bought it inside Winterland from the merch stand so pretty sure it was authentic, by "authentic" I mean made by BGP. They also had white or off white shirts with the dragon and an airplane shirt sort of like the one above but less cartoony.

This was a long time ago though, so I could be mistaken on some details. I just know they had the shirts at the Bill Graham store on Columbus ave for a long time afterward...also a hand signed poster (the 72 tour airplane design) signed by all plus Bill Graham for $200, framed. I went back there a half dozen times with money in my pocket but just couldn't bring myself to plop it down for the poster. Still kicking myself hard for that.

jb

Date: July 25, 2020 19:49

Interesting, I've never seen a black one from that tour that I thought to be authentic. There was one with dice on it that kind of went along with the Winterland BGP poster I suppose. Was it that one?

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: July 25, 2020 20:20

The Utrecht (Vredenburgh) shirt is unwearably unattractive, but I love having it.

Shepherds Bush is awesome; but of course nobody has any idea what it is when it is worn.

Staples Halloween might be my favorite one ever, with the fangs and the worn look.

1989 with the big tongue has really grown on me; I like that one a lot.

Netherlands 2003 (orange tongues) is a great shirt and stands out nicely.

MSG 2003 is a nice shirt too.

They will all end up with the Salvation Army eventually I suspect...but I will keep them until the end.

Date: July 25, 2020 23:59

I had the Winterland poster with tumbling dice, bought that at the shop a little while after the show, but never saw a t shirt with that design on it, just the poster. These might not have been "tour" shirts per se, more Bill Graham Productions T shirts, don't know if they would be the same but Graham had his own little empire in the bay area. Bought the shirt at Winterland though and also available as I mentioned at the BGP store on Columbus Ave in SF.

jb

Date: July 26, 2020 16:26

JB - Yeah I know all about Bill's t-shirt and poster shop that he kept going until the mid 80s I believe. That's the sole reason there is such a prevalence of Stones '75 tour shirts and those of many other bands.

Sounds like a missed opportunity on that poster but oh well. On the black t-shirt, I know that Winterland was selling stuff inside at that point. Whether the Stones got a dime or if Bill kept it all is another story! I'm guessing you don't have any pictures of you wearing it from back then?

Here is that dice shirt, I believe it's one that was sold in Bill's shop. I've seen examples in many different colors.

Date: July 26, 2020 20:09

bitman your photo of the shirt isn't showing up for me. Would like to see it. If I had seen that shirt at the time probably would have bought it. I may indeed have a photo of myself wearing the shirt but God knows where it would be...i think i recall my gf taking a pic of me on my motorcycle with it on. Would not be digital, of course.

jb

Date: July 26, 2020 21:47

JB - just changed the privacy settings on that photo so it should be good now. Ah well that would be cool if that photo turns up. Would certainly love to see it if you could snap a picture with your phone or something like that.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 26, 2020 23:42

sdstonesguy
The Utrecht (Vredenburgh) shirt is unwearably unattractive, but I love having it.

Shepherds Bush is awesome; but of course nobody has any idea what it is when it is worn.

Staples Halloween might be my favorite one ever, with the fangs and the worn look.

1989 with the big tongue has really grown on me; I like that one a lot.

Netherlands 2003 (orange tongues) is a great shirt and stands out nicely.

MSG 2003 is a nice shirt too.

They will all end up with the Salvation Army eventually I suspect...but I will keep them until the end.

My (random) top five T-shirts are:

Thanksgiving Denver CO (corn logo with hat)
Raleigh ND (wolf in front of logo and moon)
Vredenburg 2003 (van Gogh logo)
Bridges to Babylon (lion in front of Babylon Tower)
Tulip Tongues (Amsterdam)

But many others I wouldn't want miss either winking smiley
smileys with beer

Date: July 27, 2020 00:52

Never seen that tumbling dice in red gold and green before. That was official Stones merchandise? Or a BGP special?

Would have bought it in a second. Still would.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-27 19:26 by jbwelda.

Date: July 27, 2020 16:03

JB - It is my understanding that those were either sold at the Winterland shirt shop or the Bill Graham shop. I've actually spoken with the artist who did the art for the shirt and he thought they were sold throughout the 70s.

Here's another plane shirt that is from the era. Is this the one you remember?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home