Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Will the Stones ever tour Europe again?
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 22, 2020 08:39

BEcause of their age I would rather think NO !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 15:17 by bv.

Re: will the Stones ever tour Europ again?
Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: July 22, 2020 09:09

I would think they'd do a series of shows for Europe ranging in size, production etc. Also think they should do their "last shows" in Europe, ending in UK for their 60th Anniversary show streamed World-wide.

Glastonbury. Last show in London.

A show at a Castle.

Maybe they do a Radio Station promo show with 200-300 people?

Some Night Clubs, Discotech-esque bars/amphitheatres & other interesting venues.

A tropical beach show (like in the SA show), but during a full moon.

But I hope they play til one of them can't/is gone. Then call it a day.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 09:15 by KevinM.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 22, 2020 11:45

Yes, I really do hope so!

d.f

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 22, 2020 11:54

Depends on the epidemic. They may not risk it without vaccine.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 22, 2020 12:49

in 1990, did anybody think that the Stones would still tour 30 years later? I guess just a few optimistics did. So, whatever happens - always expect the unexpected ...

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 22, 2020 12:52

They will play London again, my hope is that they will come to the US next spring and then SA and then finish it off in Europe in 2022. But it does seem unlikely to say the least.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 22, 2020 13:30

more likely than a US tour…

(by the way Berlin Waldbühne is re-opening in September – but just for 5.000 people instead of 22.000 per show)

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 22, 2020 13:52

steffiestones
BEcause of their age I would rather think NO !

I tend to agree with you, they will however continue as long as Mick is able to perform, in light of his heart condition it would be best for Mick to slow down now and take it easy, for the guitarists it's completely different, they can play for as long as they live, as long as they can stand up, another 10 years is possible, but it's a completely different workout for the singer and drummer and I'm sure Mick and Charlie are about to call time on live tours.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: July 22, 2020 14:39

BB King and Johnny Winter played seated.

I can certainly picture Keith and Ronnie seated either side of Mick in rocking chairs (pun intended).

But the answer to the question IMHO is ................. no !

Re: Will the Stones ever tour Europe again?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2020 15:18

Yes. Of course. Sixty and counting.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 15:47

Meise
in 1990, did anybody think that the Stones would still tour 30 years later? I guess just a few optimistics did. So, whatever happens - always expect the unexpected ...

Jane from Australia was in tears in 1995 in Rotterdam (after having spend all her money floowing the band during the Voodoo Lounge tour) and when I asked her why, she said that this was the last concert of the band.
I said something like "please smile, because this is just the beginning. Don't worry". Here we are 25 years later, hundreds of concerts later.grinning smiley

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 16:14

bv
Yes. Of course. Sixty and counting.
I totally agree.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 22, 2020 16:42

europe i dont know... but.. i believe they got a vaccin at end of the year or begin of next year.. after that they will reschedule the postponed usa tour smiling smiley
looking forward to that smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 16:42 by MononoM.

Date: July 22, 2020 17:01

Kingbeebuzz

I can certainly picture Keith and Ronnie seated either side of Mick in rocking chairs (pun intended).

no? they'v already done it => [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 22, 2020 17:16

slewan
Kingbeebuzz

no? they'v already done it => [www.youtube.com]

Yep, nothing wrong with that, this band is cool sitting down or just standing on the spot, so health permitting they have some time left to perform, but i get the impression Mick's an all or nothing guy, he don't believe in half measures, and for that reason this band is most likely done regarding playing live post Covid 19.
I would love Mick to prove me wrong but not at the risk of him having a stroke.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 22, 2020 17:22

No, because the canceled US gigs would be prio number one. Maybe a last gig in London though. For sentimental reasons.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 17:32

Charlie turns 80 on June 2nd 2021. If no tour before that, maybe a one off show in their future but no more tours.

Date: July 22, 2020 17:36

At some point next year, or the year after, they might look into performing live. Then they will talk Keith into going to UK, and perform live on home ground. That is my wish, my dream, and my hope for the Stones future.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 21:55 by bv.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 18:43

PS I believe we will see the Stones in Europe again. As BV said, 60 and Counting smiling smiley

2022 would be too great a milestone to not mark as we are only 2 years away. Amazing really, closing on 60 years of this unique band.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: July 22, 2020 21:24

60 and counting. I believe

Date: July 22, 2020 21:52

The Rolling Stones are a band from UK. That is the only reason why I state, in an optimistic way, that they should be able to perform at some point in UK.

To avoid any misunderstandings, I will delete any and all posts related to or mentioning the corona virus here, simply because they lead to endless political discussions.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 21:59 by bv.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 22, 2020 22:45

Until real Tours are possible again, they could (if circumstances permitting) do a Club-Show like Fonda 2015, play some Rarities, film it and release it on DVD/BR/Digital ....

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 22, 2020 23:14

I think......and hope that their very last gig will be in London..........at Royal Albert Hall, but maybe I will be completely wrong.

Europe is a lot smaller place to travel to now, than over 50 years ago when The Stones started touring outside of U.K. back then.
Almost a bus ride now, or on a train if you can't catch a flight at about the same price.

U.S.A. and Australia/New Zealand were other side of the World, which they still are, but so much easier to get to now.

Europe will be on a Tour I'm sure , but who knows when and where is probably not even thought about seriously by The Stones in these troubled times.

Every day is a new day...... and hopefully we will feel better as each day has better news than the day before.
God Bless us all.........and we will all get through this, including The Rolling Stones. smileys with beer

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 23, 2020 08:02

Yes.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 23, 2020 08:10

TumblinDice76
Charlie turns 80 on June 2nd 2021. If no tour before that, maybe a one off show in their future but no more tours.

This i agree with. One cannot not escape their age. They are getting on. Like us. I can see some one offs in the US. And perhaps a very short “residency” of sorts to wind it all up in the UK. But a tour? I don’t see how it could happen.

Rod

Date: July 23, 2020 09:48

Irix
Until real Tours are possible again, they could (if circumstances permitting) do a Club-Show like Fonda 2015, play some Rarities, film it and release it on DVD/BR/Digital ....

Well, doing indoors shows is not very wise. It's more safe or rather less unsafe to do outdoor shows in venues like Waldbühne in Berlin where social distancing is possible and the rest gets blown away by the wind

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 23, 2020 10:30

slewan
Irix

Well, doing indoors shows is not very wise. It's more safe or rather less unsafe to do outdoor shows in venues like Waldbühne in Berlin where social distancing is possible and the rest gets blown away by the wind

Directly into the face of other persons winking smiley . With the Club-Show I thought more of invited people (healthy/tested) - [iorr.org] . But yes, maybe an Amphitheatre would also be possible.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 23, 2020 11:13

I know they are old, but discounting virus their "tours" aren't like the old days. An average tour is now around 15 shows spread over 3 months including rehearsal time.
2 gigs per week is about 4 hrs performing with plenty of down time , family on the road with them, staying in top hotels with their own plane. It's not exactly 1963 in a VW van flying up and down the M1 . I think they'll be back, but doubt any Far East, Australasian, Sth American dates. The distances and jet lag are a factor. Don't know if we'll see another No Filter leg in the USA, but they'll hopefully do something . Europe/UK more likely IMHO.

sc uk

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 23, 2020 14:05

bitusa2012
TumblinDice76

This i agree with. One cannot not escape their age. They are getting on. Like us. I can see some one offs in the US. And perhaps a very short “residency” of sorts to wind it all up in the UK. But a tour? I don’t see how it could happen.

Agreed.

straycatuk
I know they are old, but discounting virus their "tours" aren't like the old days. An average tour is now around 15 shows spread over 3 months including rehearsal time.
2 gigs per week is about 4 hrs performing with plenty of down time , family on the road with them, staying in top hotels with their own plane. It's not exactly 1963 in a VW van flying up and down the M1 . I think they'll be back, but doubt any Far East, Australasian, Sth American dates. The distances and jet lag are a factor. Don't know if we'll see another No Filter leg in the USA, but they'll hopefully do something . Europe/UK more likely IMHO.

Also agreed. Coronavirus is a real game changer — sad to say, it is killing their already low prospects for a world tour.

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: July 23, 2020 14:17

The Stones Roll London One Last Time.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1333
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home