Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Final Bows - Pictures and Comments
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 21, 2020 22:05

One of the great moments of a Stones show--albeit bittersweet--are the final bows at the very end of the show. It's great to see the whole team take their bows but of course it's when the spotlight hits the core group of four and the crowd erupts sending Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie off with thanks and appreciation for a great night of music. As a Stones nerd it's fun to see who stands next to whom and how they each react to the final moments of the night. It's a sweet tradition that I get a kick watching.

How about a thread of final bow pictures?

It's incredibly difficult for me to have my camera in my hands during the final bows which is why I have very little to show but here are two I was able to snap, one in 2002 at the Aragon Ballroom and the other in 2013 in Las Vegas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-23 14:16 by bv.

Re: The Final Bows Picture Thread
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 21, 2020 22:20

The so far last final bow - Miami 2019:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 21, 2020 22:21

Please post the six-Stones pic
(With Mick T. and Bill)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 21, 2020 22:40

The Joker

Please post the six-Stones pic (With Mick T. and Bill)

London, 29-Nov-2012:

[Stonesnews.com] - Picture by latvianinexile . Video: [www.YouTube.com] - Pos. 1h:56m:12s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-21 23:20 by Irix.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 21, 2020 22:45

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor takes his rightful place as a Rolling Stone for the show's final bow...

Prudential Center
Newark, NJ
Dec. 13, 2012

Date: July 21, 2020 22:54

Makes me smile to see Taylor and Bill in that shot.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: July 21, 2020 23:15

Marseille 2018

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: July 21, 2020 23:15

Marseille 2018

Date: July 21, 2020 23:20

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 21, 2020 23:47

I like this idea for a thread and I know there is a video of the Final Bow with the whole band at the Porto Alegre gig back in March 2016.
It was such a memorable gig for me as it was the last one in Brazil , and I had been so lucky to see all four gigs.
I felt so sorry for dear Sasha who slipped over ..........at the Final Bow, but that gig was my favourite for the setlist as well as the pouring rain and the great way The Rolling Stones performed that night.

A great time in Brazil meeting old friends...........and new ones and seeing The Rolling Stones play in front of such fantastic crowds of all ages and from all over the world.

I know this says a picture thread ,but no pics of poor Sasha falling, but I just found this quite easily on youtube of Satisfaction.........with of course the bow at the end at Porto Alegre. Great times for me in Brazil. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-21 23:50 by crawdaddy.

Date: July 22, 2020 00:29

When did the Stones start concluding shows with a final bow?

Did Stu or Nicky ever get to take a bow with the Stones?

Date: July 22, 2020 00:33

schillid
When did the Stones start concluding shows with a final bow?

Did Stu or Nicky ever get to take a bow with the Stones?

Good question. Surely it had to have started in 1989?

Date: July 22, 2020 00:35

Jim Pietryga

Date: July 22, 2020 00:37

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: July 23, 2020 13:16

I think they did a final bow at Leeds in 1982.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 23, 2020 13:53

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 23, 2020 14:16

Darryl did the final bow with Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie at the last show in Rotterdam during the 1995 tour. I printed that photo in IORR 25. It was a very sentimental final bow. The tour was over, and Darryl was now one of the five, for one final bow.

Bjornulf

The FINAL BOW ... When did they start doing it ?
Date: July 22, 2020 16:42

?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-23 15:43 by schillid.

Re: The FINAL BOW ... When did they start doing it ?
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 16:49

They regularly started it in 1989 but there might be some shows prior to that where they did it.

Re: The FINAL BOW ... When did they start doing it ?
Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: July 23, 2020 13:17

Leeds 1982.

Re: The Final Bows - Pictures and Comments
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 23, 2020 20:57

First curtain call bow was Wembley 82 which was before Leeds. I wasn't there (being a high school kid in Canada) but I remember it was either in Rolling Stone magazine or another one at that time where they had a picture of them waving and mentioning that was the first time in memory that they did that.

I was watching a Rush documentary and they had an interview with Ray Daniels, who was their manager and also managed Van Halen in the 90s. He said Van Halen would do a final bow even though they hated each other! That would have been the Balance tour in 95 shortly before Sammy left. They did it to salute their fans.

Conversely, I remember going to a concert, perhaps Aerosmith, back then and Dokken was the opening act. Later on I read how singer Dokken and guitarist George Lynch didn't get along. At the end of their set, the band gathered to do a final bow but Lynch just walked straight off the stage. I remember watching Dokken looking around and seeing Lynch just walking straight off so they just gave a quick wave and exited the stage. Lynch is a good guitarist but maybe his attitude is why I haven't heard about him in 30 years!

Date: July 24, 2020 01:28

TooTough

Great shot. A picture says a thousand words.

Looking at that I get a lot of different thoughts: they look rather awkward taking the bow here. It almost seems as if they think it is silly. Cut to 40 years later and there is a great sense of accomplishment and pride when they gather together and take in that last ovation of the night.

Date: July 24, 2020 01:30

bv
Darryl did the final bow with Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie at the last show in Rotterdam during the 1995 tour. I printed that photo in IORR 25. It was a very sentimental final bow. The tour was over, and Darryl was now one of the five, for one final bow.

Never knew he joined them once. That's a very generous gesture. If you could post that picture would be great to see.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: July 24, 2020 01:46

Justin
bv

Never knew he joined them once. That's a very generous gesture. If you could post that picture would be great to see.

here you go (scroll to the bottom):
[iorr.org]

Date: July 24, 2020 03:44

GS1978
Justin
bv

here you go (scroll to the bottom):
[iorr.org]

Thanks for that.

The fact that it was Ronnie who ran back to get Darryl is no surprise. Class act.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 24, 2020 11:32

20171025-stones-paris3-bv-29

Here's Keith with my t-shirt on his head on the 25th of october 2017 in Paris. I couldn't believe my eyes when he used the white sweaty Stones tee I've just been wearing as some kind of a "desert bandana" as I had thrown it up on stage during Satisfaction. I hope he saved it as the Stones printed shirt was made by a friend of mine and it's quite spectacular to look at. Happy days!!smileys with beer

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: July 24, 2020 16:22

I remember Bill on Matt Clifford's shoulders at Wembley stadium,final bow at last Urban Jungle show.He was very surprised.
Any pic of this ?

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 24, 2020 17:04

There have been a few nights even recently when Mick and Keith have stood next to each other and I never know how and why it has happened

Date: July 24, 2020 19:06

Final Bowtie

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 24, 2020 19:55

Do we have a pic of that argentinian(?)fan running on stage during final bow?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home