Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Q Magazine
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 20, 2020 20:21

Q is to fold after 34 years, a victim of Covid related financial problems.
[www.theguardian.com]

Re: OT: RIP Q Magazine
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 20, 2020 20:39

I think they were going to face tougher times anyway. The rock scene isn't what it used to be. Of course there is nostalgia, and those customers are usually well off.
But that was maybe not the idea with the magazine to begin with?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 20, 2020 20:42

Mojo has replaced Q, and has done so since 1994.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 20, 2020 22:00

I used to read this magazine, along with Mojo, for info on bands and albums usually not covered in magazines like Rolling Stone. It joins other long gone magazines such as Crawdaddy, Creem and Musician that were once part of my music readings. Rolling Stone is still around, but it's heyday as a must read seems about a hundred years ago.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 20, 2020 22:03

I really liked Q, they had some fantastic articles.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 20, 2020 23:57

I really don't recall when the last time was that I went into a store and bought a magazine. Or even browsed through them.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 21, 2020 00:57

That's true, Koen. Seems like the thing now is to subscribe to a number of magazines on the net. Kind of Spotify for magazines. I don't know how successful it is though.
The only ones buying newspapers (physical) these days are retired citizens. Time moves on. Many things one grew up with is a thing of the past now. Even money (physical).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 21, 2020 00:59

Q was okay in the early days but
basically ended up a fairy-pop magazine ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 21, 2020 02:02

It is a good magazine but The Times they are A-changing. I am considering dropping RollingStoneMagazine although I have 1 year subscription left. Since the new format started, I don't read it anymore. It is there next to me but I don't have the interest at all. Some things change and I sometimes don't.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 21, 2020 04:54

Early Q was good, then it became boring, as with UNCUT, early on fantastic, but then it ditched the movies & books and became too narrow imo, WORD wasn't bad for a while, CLASSIC ROCK has begun to quote itself in articles, so that tells you all you need to know

OT: RIP Q
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 24, 2020 13:48

Another covid-19 casualty, the Q magazine is no more. RIP

Re: OT: RIP Q
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 24, 2020 13:52

Date: July 24, 2020 22:27

Cheers mate! Missed that onesmileys with beer

Date: July 24, 2020 22:33

I initially thought this was about the conspiracy dude.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 24, 2020 22:39

What's next? R?

Date: July 24, 2020 22:55

Well Q is considered quite the mag among some of us. It ain't MOJO or UNCUT but they're sure fun to read, Q Awards 1999 with Keith was hilarious. Pi*ses all over Rolling Stone mag I might addsmileys with beer

Date: July 24, 2020 22:56

Thanks to the Alphabet, for giving us yer Qwinking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 25, 2020 07:24

I thought it was Q from Star Trek TNG.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 25, 2020 09:04

I was familiar with this magazine in the back of my mind but never paid any attention to it. So, I went and 'read' through some issues and came away unimpressed.

Maybe because I grew up on NME, Creem (great mag btw), and Rolling Stone when it was good.

Maybe it's today's music. I just can't listen to it. Doesn't put a rise in the old Levis.

I stick to the blues and other artists in the vein of the Stones. Call me old fashion or limited in vision, but hey....I like what I like lol.

As for it being a victim of corona, I have my doubts. I think it's more of a change in latitudes, change in attitudes. (not a fan of Buffet's music but love his writing).

Enuff ranting for now. I'm off to Clarke Quay for a beer and some lunch. The wife left me alone to go to a girls' lingerie party (send me photos, I said. In your dreams was her response....at least I tried.)

Later, Stones' fans!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home