Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Mobile App
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:39

Anyone getting anything relevant from it?

It usually opens to some old information before all the shows were postponed, and occasionally I get a text message saying "see the hottest fan post".

Have the Android version, wondering if anyone else is having better luck.

Re: Stones Mobile App
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 08:09

Same story on my iPhone. The fan part works great though. You can exchange all kinds of ideas or thoughts.
But not even a mentioning by Universal (who “runs” the app as far as I can see) about f.i. Living In A Ghost Town !?!?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 10, 2020 13:03

georgie48
Same story on my iPhone. The fan part works great though. You can exchange all kinds of ideas or thoughts.
But not even a mentioning by Universal (who “runs” the app as far as I can see) about f.i. Living In A Ghost Town !?!?

It’s mainly there to sell tickets. When they go on tour, watch the app light up like a Christmas tree.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 10, 2020 15:45

Got it, thanks all; I was beginning to think it was my phone.

Date: July 10, 2020 17:20

JumpingKentFlash
georgie48

It’s mainly there to sell tickets. When they go on tour, watch the app light up like a Christmas tree.

I guess that will indeed happen, but .... look at the Exhibitionism section! Last info was about Las Vegas ... 2 years ago. The latest news is that as of November this year there will be an adjusted exhibition Unzipped in the Netherlands. But no mentioning so far !?!?
confused smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 10, 2020 20:09

They updated till 2018. In 2019 it was not even possible to buy tickets anymore.
Fan part does work. Almost every day I get an update with the “hottest fanpost”
This is the second Stones app they let die. As they did with the “fanclub” online 2002-2003 which lasted a few years for $100 a year. Who was foolish enough to participate?? I know one who did! But I can’t point him out with my noose smiling bouncing smiley

Date: July 10, 2020 22:39

Christiaan
They updated till 2018. In 2019 it was not even possible to buy tickets anymore.
Fan part does work. Almost every day I get an update with the “hottest fanpost”
This is the second Stones app they let die. As they did with the “fanclub” online 2002-2003 which lasted a few years for $100 a year. Who was foolish enough to participate?? I know one who did! But I can’t point him out with my noose smiling bouncing smiley

Maybe foolish, but here comes a story, maybe beyond belief, but true.
I paid $100, did receive a DVD, a Stones members "signed" poster and a book titled According to the Rolling Stones and, for whatever reason, got a refund of ... $100. confused smiley
I know from several Stones friends that their membership was a total disaster, but, as you will understand, no compaints from me.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 13, 2020 22:05

Lucky you. I got a cap. Later a DVD, but never the book

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 13, 2020 22:09

kovach
Anyone getting anything relevant from it?

It usually opens to some old information before all the shows were postponed, and occasionally I get a text message saying "see the hottest fan post".

Have the Android version, wondering if anyone else is having better luck.

I don't remember when it first came out but I got it around that time and after a little while it was pointless. I've loaded it since here and there just to see how it's changed and it's always been pointless.

It's no surprise that it's archaic info wise and completely out of touch.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 14, 2020 00:16

It is by no means pointless.

To see the point, read Shoshana Zufobb's The Age of Surveillance Capitalism. It will all become clear. There is no free lunch.

jb

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 14, 2020 10:05

The only time the app was ever useful was back in 2017 where you actually had to use it to get the pre-sale ticket links.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home