Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick sends back a signed face mask to the woman who made it
Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 14:53

Big Al
I understand the science regarding the need of face-masks when one is within a certain distance of another person. I adhere to the policy when it is mandatory. However, I have observed people wearing them when driving alone in their car. The government has scared many people witless.

People wearing one in their car are absolutely right: it is better to remove it once, only when you can immediately wash your hands and trow the mask. Also it might be people who will meet someone. This "look! Liberty is at risk" stuff is depressing.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 3, 2020 14:56

Big Al
I understand the science regarding the need of face-masks when one is within a certain distance of another person. I adhere to the policy when it is mandatory. However, I have observed people wearing them when driving alone in their car. The government has scared many people witless.

Sometimes I forget to take off my mask in the car. I guess it is better to forget to take it off than to forget to wear one.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 14:59

And it is better to wear it non-stop instead of taking it in your hands/putting it back or whatever.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 3, 2020 18:04

UK = England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The rules are different in each, which can be confusing and also lead to anomalies because people are crossing their land borders all the time.

At the moment, for example, there's nothing to stop anyone living in Scotland from driving to England to fly to a country that's no longer on `England's quarantine list and then just driving back to Scotland when they return. That way they avoid the 14-day quarantine still in place in Scotland for people returning from abroad. So nothing is foolproof.

Face masks are compulsory on public transport (except for children and some vulnerable adults) only in England and Scotland. From next week, it will also be compulsory to wear a mask in shops in Scotland, but not in the other three UK countries.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 3, 2020 18:16

The government? the government in the US hasn't done shit.

WEAR A MASK, WASH YOUR HANDS AND SOCIAL DISTANCE. It's not rocket science.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 3, 2020 18:33

Just use your common sense. If you feel vulnerable or are within a metre of a stranger; wear a mask.

Date: July 3, 2020 18:59

sarahunwin

Yes and mob don't congregate and destroy hard working businesses and monuments paid by the taxpayers - Tear up your own house!!! and spread the disease while breaking the law. Sickening.

Date: July 3, 2020 19:14

Chris Fountain
sarahunwin

Yes and mob don't congregate and destroy hard working businesses and monuments paid by the taxpayers - Tear up your own house!!! and spread the disease while breaking the law. Sickening.

Oh, dear! White, middle-class conservative’s are in the building!

Date: July 3, 2020 19:15

I should also add: ‘middle-aged’

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 3, 2020 19:36

Am i missing something here, have we gone back to April ??
Why now, why wear face masks now after lockdown is lifted and covid numbers have dramatically fallen. Wearing a mask is going to do more harm to people than good at this stage.
The number of covid cases is being exaggerated more than ever, in some American States if someone has a couple covid symptoms, that is being called a covid case without a test, if that person has been in contact with 10 to 25 people they are also being deemed positive for covid.
The number of so called covid deaths is about twice the number of deaths we see from flu each year.
Do we go around each year wearing masks with a bad flu outbreak, does the world go into lockdown with a severe flu outbreak. Has the prevention of covid spread been more costly to life than the virus itself. Why do people ignore the spread of covid when it comes to tens of thousands of protesters, why do i feel that the world has gone completely insane.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 3, 2020 20:24

stone4ever
Am i missing something here ??

Yes.
To expand on that would be futile though, if you don't understand by now, it's just willful ignorance.

Date: July 3, 2020 20:51

MisterDDDD
stone4ever
Am i missing something here ??

Yes.
To expand on that would be futile though, if you don't understand by now, it's just willful ignorance.

Please enlighten me with some facts, having spent 4 months researching everything there is to research on this subject i would appreciate some clarity. Please be my guest, tell me why i am ignorant.

Date: July 3, 2020 21:20

[apnews.com]

[www.cnn.com]

[www.npr.org]

[www.bbc.com]

[www.cnn.com]

[www.cnbc.com]

[www.ucsf.edu]

[www.sciencedaily.com]

[www.livescience.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 21:23 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 3, 2020 21:25

Chris Fountain
sarahunwin

Just ware a mask and shut up. Yes the Govt has failed us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 21:27 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 3, 2020 21:28

I think Mick did the right thing in sending the mask back.
It was probably done in all innocence by Aline, but Mick doesn't know her probably, and he could have just put it in the bin.
Nice gesture by him to sign it and send it back.

In years to come that will be a collectors item worth a few quid.
Matt Lee and other avid collectors are probably quite envious now of Aline.

Mind you we just might see Rolling Stones masks in The Rolling Stones store for $50-$100 each limited edition. smoking smiley

Date: July 3, 2020 21:47

I thought as much, you get information from the BBC and CNN etc, do you realise 90% of the media is owned by the same 4 companies with political objectives, you are being lied to, thankfully a lot of people are waking up to this.

Date: July 3, 2020 22:08

Cooltoplady
Chris Fountain
sarahunwin

Just ware a mask and shut up. Yes the Govt has failed us.

52,291 new cases Uptick occurred after riots - pandemic is serious and does not know politics.

Date: July 3, 2020 22:23

stone4ever

I thought as much, you get information from the BBC and CNN etc, do you realise 90% of the media is owned by the same 4 companies with political objectives, you are being lied to, thankfully a lot of people are waking up to this.

Lol.
Godspeed Sir (or madam) (or troll)

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 3, 2020 22:42

[twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 23:25 by Koen.

Date: July 3, 2020 23:37

MisterDDDD is similar to the middle-aged woman who boards my train, biting her nails and looking around worriedly. I should also add that she wears surgical gloves and stands away I’d there’s a person in the same carriage. Sir, go and bury your head. We’ll awaken you if the apocalypse doesn’t happen. Jesus wept

Date: July 3, 2020 23:42

Big Al
MisterDDDD is similar to the middle-aged woman who boards my train, biting her nails and looking around worriedly. I should also add that she wears surgical gloves and stands away I’d there’s a person in the same carriage. Sir, go and bury your head. We’ll awaken you if the apocalypse doesn’t happen. Jesus wept

That was funny!!!!hot smiley Mister DDD is ok. I think the funniest thing I heard over the last few months- my sister said "Governor Cuomo reminds me of an Italian Grandmother!!"

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 3, 2020 23:46

Chris Fountain
Big Al

That was funny!!!!hot smiley Mister DDD is ok. I think the funniest thing I heard over the last few months- my sister said "Governor Cuomo reminds me of an Italian Grandmother!!"

I wish we were lucky enough to have Governor Cuomo in Florida. We'd be a lot better off. A lot.

Date: July 3, 2020 23:50

steffialicia
Chris Fountain
Big Al

I wish we were lucky enough to have Governor Cuomo in Florida. We'd be a lot better off. A lot.

Well Florida Governor DeSantis is gambling ... No beaches open here on the Treasure Coast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 23:51 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: July 4, 2020 00:31

Good on ya Mick. Nice touch mate. A kind and decent response to someone who sent you a gift.

Date: July 4, 2020 00:45

I think my off-hand comment about my struggle - as many people feel - with face-masks, has opens a whole can of worms. That wasn’t my intention. I do respect everyone’s fears and concerns. This is a global message board and we all have differing opinions. I respect everyone.

Date: July 4, 2020 01:02

Big Al says-

I think my off-hand comment about my struggle - as many people feel - with face-masks, has opens a whole can of worms. That wasn’t my intention. I do respect everyone’s fears and concerns. This is a global message board and we all have differing opinions. I respect everyone.

I think my feelings are shared with forum members that you are a very respectable, polite, and fun person. Glad you are here and hope all this pandemic craziness will end soon. To give up lives, livelyhood, Sports , Music, even shaking hands is forbidden.

I just hope this madness ends soon ... but my gut feeling is that this mess will continue for another year. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-04 01:05 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 4, 2020 01:09

I think you do, Big Al, respect everyone that is, but some others here plainly do not and have very little regard for human life and a willful ignorance of science and fact. I think perhaps it would be best to let them go on their silly way, catch the virus, be rushed to an emergency room that cannot take them and then die on the gurney in the street. Which is close to the scenario I see unfolding in the USA soon.

And much as it would probably fit those folk's worldview, there is absolutely zero proof of any epidemic spread from the recent protests, as most people wore masks if not to protect themselves from a virus as to protect their identities from those who might track them down (coincidentally, these very same aforementioned people). Quite more likely spread is through innocent but ignorant thinking combined with the high profile discouragement of self protection that has been happening in the USA lately and in particular an event today and tomorrow which is sure to see repercussions.

And if you think I am your vision of the stereotypical American fool afraid to go out in public, you are about 180 from the truth there. But even a fool should see this is serious this time, and the rebound is precisely what those some would dismiss predicted would happen.

Stones content: Mick wasn't being terribly original in Fingerprint File, but it is a strangely accurate assessment of the world situation in the past few years. You KNOW they are taking pictures with ultra-violet light!

Oh one other thing, for those alarmed (or something) at seeing people wearing a mask inside their automobile, I thought the same thing until I realized: maybe those people have a REASON to be wearing a mask in their car, like maybe they are on the way to their cancer chemotherapy session or who knows what. One thing for sure: you do not know "what" at all. So don't go extrapolating one sighting into a sign that we are a world full of pussies hiding behind our masks.

thank you

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-04 01:12 by jbwelda.

Date: July 4, 2020 01:35

Facemasks have to be changed frequently!!! I hate face mask breath that lingers.

I have bought more Listerine this year than in my entire life. My biggest fear and even had a night mare about this topic. I actually woke up in the middle of night in a profusive sweat from the nightmare thinking that I actually put on someone else's face mask.

Although panicked I was relieved ... as I woke up and went to the bathroom. I needed to urinate anyway. It was not the night to nudge or poke at wife ..smiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 4, 2020 02:10

Yes, nobody likes face masks. But it’s a reality based on scientific facts. The more people refuse to wear them because of their entitlements (like all those idiots at Mt. Rushmore), the longer this pandemic is going to last.

Of course to enforce that you need real leaders.

Date: July 4, 2020 02:16

Date: July 2, 2020 19:13

"I’m struggling with the face-mask. During most of my morning commute by rail, it’s hanging around the neck. It’s claustrophobic. I only pull it to my face if someone mean-looking really glares at me"

Big Al
"MisterDDDD is similar to the middle-aged woman who boards my train, biting her nails and looking around worriedly. I should also add that she wears surgical gloves and stands away I’d there’s a person in the same carriage. Sir, go and bury your head. We’ll awaken you if the apocalypse doesn’t happen. Jesus wept"

"Big" Al "struggles" wearing a piece of cloth, Only pulls it away when "someone mean looking" really glares at him. And I'm the pu**y eye rolling smiley

So odd that random women move to different carriages in his presence.
Thanks for sharing.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home